Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,311 members, 7,867,812 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 02:47 AM

Adventure In Ireland - Travel (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Adventure In Ireland (199809 Views)

What Is Like Studying In Sweden As An African. A Nairalander Adventure In Sweden / Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) / My 2017 Summer And Fall Adventure In Canada (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (94) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 8:56pm On Apr 19, 2020
Sparrow0:

Lol try cropping the original pic
I cropped it actually
And they now look the same

4 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by morinto: 11:04pm On Apr 19, 2020
Heard that house in Dublin is like mad expensive. Some one told me that I should have like 700 euros to rent shared apartment but I might be lucky to see a shared apartment for 500 euros. That is close to 200 thousand naira just for a room for a month

2 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 11:12pm On Apr 19, 2020
morinto:
Heard that house in Dublin is like mad expensive. Some one told me that I should have like 700 euros to rent shared apartment but I might be lucky to see a shared apartment for 500 euros. That is close to 200 thousand naira just for a room for a month
Its expensive
Single room is like €550 depending on the gap from the city centre

Double room is the cheapest, from €300
I pay 380 for a beautiful house with central heating, excluding Bills, its about 20min bus to the city centre.

2 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Brightfab(m): 12:08am On Apr 20, 2020
Quite a good bargain based on what I've been reading on Ireland threads
Chiggsglover:

Its expensive

I pay 380 for a beautiful house with central heating, excluding Bills, its about 20min bus to the city centre.

4 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Sparrow0: 1:36am On Apr 20, 2020
Chiggsglover:

I cropped it actually
And they now look the same
Hmm Nairaland shaa
Post it anyhow jare, we'll manage it like that wink

4 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by morinto: 5:53am On Apr 20, 2020
Chiggsglover:

Its expensive

U are lucky. When I enter Ireland after this coronavirus by God grace. Hope u will help me look for accommodation?

2 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 6:18am On Apr 20, 2020
morinto:

U are lucky. When I enter Ireland after this coronavirus by God grace. Hope u will help me look for accommodation?
I'll give you some helpful tips cos it's really needed

2 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 6:19am On Apr 20, 2020
Sparrow0:

Hmm Nairaland shaa
Post it anyhow jare, we'll manage it like that wink

Yeah, Abi oooo,
Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 6:22am On Apr 20, 2020
Brightfab:
Quite a good bargain based on what I've been reading on Ireland threads
I know someone that's living a little closer to the city centre paying €500 for a bunk bed in a very terrible house. What I paid 390 for.
You just have to look for good deals.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Mahonri59: 7:48pm On Apr 20, 2020
Bro pls like how much will do for a start?

2 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by badmanjo(m): 8:24pm On Apr 20, 2020
@chiggsglover, what academic and non academic documents did you legalize or authenticate at ministry of education and MOFA before submitting to the embassy. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 10:02pm On Apr 20, 2020
badmanjo:
@chiggsglover, what academic and non academic documents did you legalize or authenticate at ministry of education and MOFA before submitting to the embassy. Thanks

NONE

UNLESS YOU DONT HAVE YOUR CERTIFICATE
Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 10:02pm On Apr 20, 2020
Mahonri59:
Bro pls like how much will do for a start?

7M
Re: Adventure In Ireland by badmanjo(m): 10:11pm On Apr 20, 2020
Thanks bro

NONE

UNLESS YOU DONT HAVE YOUR CERTIFICATE [/quote]
Re: Adventure In Ireland by Nobody: 10:47pm On Apr 20, 2020
Chiggsglover:

7M
Jeez 7 Milla grin

10 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 10:59pm On Apr 20, 2020
ZINIBANKS:

Jeez 7 Milla grin
Journey of a thousand miles begin with a step
Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 11:27pm On Apr 20, 2020
Churches
Those ones you'll see in naija, a small church will be holding service in a shop and mount two huge speakers outside, the neighborhood must hear the word, that nonsense can never happen here.
Churches here are quite specific, with each area having their own church with nice structure with century old history.
Same with mosques, that will try as much as possible to wake everyone from sleep for the morning prayers, not caring that the Christian folks who blasted that same vicinity from 6pm to 9pm needs his sleep.
Even some muslims here get the idea about this country, he told me that the house they built in Lagos, two religious institutions is anchoring the house, one on the left, the other on the right. Let me not mention it, they dont get enough sleep at night.
I'm also a Christian and I dont like it when my church disturbs people. I started to pity them when churches started using one parking lot near my house for Crusade. The environment was on fire. That was an eye opener, my church holds three services weekly plus one night vigil.
I knew the muslims own when I was serving. Boys in the north will carry all sorts of broken plates, basins, and noisy things, they cant buy new plastic plates to break na. Theyll use stick to beat them to wake people up to eat during their fasting period. First time I heard the noise, I jumped from the bed with tremendous shock, cos my window was kinda facing a little disused route. I thought I was under siege.
Keep the noise low, if you want to worship, do it in a soundproof place. It's as annoying as those who use speaker to play songs you may not like.

The vehicle in the last pics is how the general vehicle they use to carry the body to its final testing place. That's a customized Benz. Even in your death, your carcass will travel in style.

The churches here are old and Gothic, they can look scary at night as if Count Dracula is lurking there and staring at you with Bloodlust.
They mounted light in strategic places which is marvelous to look at. I'll post the night view of this particular church soon.

8 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 11:29pm On Apr 20, 2020
Night view.
I wish above all thing that it should be as clear as the one In my Gallery cry

10 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Dum4christ: 10:07am On Apr 21, 2020
Hi, are you sharing a room with someone?
Chiggsglover:

I know someone that's living a little closer to the city centre paying €500 for a bunk bed in a very terrible house. What I paid 390 for.
You just have to look for good deals.

4 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 11:59am On Apr 21, 2020
Dum4christ:
Hi, are you sharing a room with someone?
Yes, with my friend

2 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Dum4christ: 2:09pm On Apr 21, 2020
I see. That's the only way you could be paying this amount in Dublin.
Chiggsglover:

Yes, with my friend

2 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 4:15pm On Apr 21, 2020
Dum4christ:
I see. That's the only way you could be paying this amount in Dublin.
Ladies are one that get it cheaper especially when it comes to single rooms

2 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Sparrow0: 6:03pm On Apr 21, 2020
Chiggsglover:

So the trick is to just get your lady to rent it for you, then you coman stay as the caretaker cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Craigbrown4076: 6:47pm On Apr 21, 2020
Nice job bro. More feathers to your cap
Re: Adventure In Ireland by Dum4christ: 5:40pm On Apr 22, 2020
Well I don't think so, houses are generally expensive in Dublin irrespective of your Gender. I am a lady Myself. Sharing a room with someone is the only way you could be paying 390 to 400euros...Making the actual cost of the room 800euros. And not all landlords allows sharing of rooms.
Chiggsglover:

2 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 8:30pm On Apr 22, 2020
This came to greet me this morning, very beautiful bird, it even hops really fast instead of always flying. They're surprisingly quick.

6 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 8:34pm On Apr 22, 2020
The denizens of the air here are big, Big, BIG.
No matter their size, they can fly.

They are also very intelligent, they know your faces. Especially the birds called the Crow, raven and the rest, I've forgotten their names, they're very smart.
You cant mess with them and go away Scot free. If they government isnt aware to deal with you, the birds will arrange with the other to attack you. Biologist call it Dive bomb, this is where birds will fly really fast and hit you hard with their body.
It will feel like a stone in the air connected with you, and with their size and number, it can get bloody.

When you agitate these birds and they attack you, if you manage to escape and they see you another time, theyll come at you. So it's to your benefit to leave them alone.

Like I said, birds here can fly, even ducks too. First time I saw one fly I was surprised.

This Mute swan here is bigger than some dogs, you need to see this fly, it looks like a plan

10 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Drenimarcus(m): 8:55pm On Apr 22, 2020
Chiggsglover:
The denizens of the air here are big, Big, BIG.
No matter their size, they can fly.

They are also very intelligent, they know your faces. Especially the birds called the Crow, raven and the rest, I've forgotten their names, they're very smart.
You cant mess with them and go away Scot free. If they government isnt aware to deal with you, the birds will arrange with the other to attack you. Biologist call it Dive bomb, this is where birds will fly really fast and hit you hard with their body.
It will feel like a stone in the air connected with you, and with their size and number, it can get bloody.

When you agitate these birds and they attack you, if you manage to escape and they see you another time, theyll come at you. So it's to your benefit to leave them alone.

Like I said, birds here can fly, even ducks too. First time I saw one fly I was surprised.

This Mute swan here is bigger than some dogs, you need to see this fly, it looks like a plan

They are very aggressive, one doesn’t wanna mess with them, they make a aggressive sound when you approach them. The ones in my county are gray tho. Nice post bro.

8 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 10:31pm On Apr 22, 2020
Dum4christ:
Well I don't think so, houses are generally expensive in Dublin irrespective of your Gender. I am a lady Myself. Sharing a room with someone is the only way you could be paying 390 to 400euros...Making the actual cost of the room 800euros. And not all landlords allows sharing of rooms.

That's so true
The farther you live away from the city centre, the cheaper it become for real.
I've seen great deals, but theyll now put FEMALES ONLY.
Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 10:33pm On Apr 22, 2020
Drenimarcus:

They are very aggressive, one doesn’t wanna mess with them, they make a aggressive sound when you approach them. The ones in my county are gray tho. Nice post bro.
Thank you very much
How in the world did you get this close to take this shot.
That's the duck. The color is unique. They might be the same one that comes here also as these birds migrate alot.

If I may ask, what country are you in?

4 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Drenimarcus(m): 11:37pm On Apr 22, 2020
Chiggsglover:

Thank you very much
How in the world did you get this close to take this shot.
That's the duck. The color is unique. They might be the same one that comes here also as these birds migrate alot.

If I may ask, what country are you in?

I use food entice them, their color is grayish with green and yes they migrate a lot during winter. I am in the US.

8 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 5:34am On Apr 23, 2020
Drenimarcus:

I use food entice them, their color is grayish with green and yes they migrate a lot during winter. I am in the US.
This your scope good oooo

This duck's color is just cute.

Haaaa, USA, hope no follow to protest lockdown, the numbers of cases and deaths are Huge.
Be safe o

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (94) (Reply)

Likely Questions By Usa Consular During Interview For Tourist Visa And Response / *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** / Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.