Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,449 members, 7,843,369 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 12:26 AM

Adventure In Ireland - Travel (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Adventure In Ireland (198748 Views)

What Is Like Studying In Sweden As An African. A Nairalander Adventure In Sweden / Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) / My 2017 Summer And Fall Adventure In Canada (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (94) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Drenimarcus(m): 10:52am On Apr 23, 2020
Chiggsglover:

This your scope good oooo

This duck's color is just cute.

Haaaa, USA, hope no follow to protest lockdown, the numbers of cases and deaths are Huge.
Be safe o

Follow kee nooo, na mumu people deh protest, people wey no get sense . You be safe too brother

4 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Eberechiru: 12:37pm On Apr 23, 2020
Drenimarcus:

Follow kee nooo, na mumu people deh protest, people wey no get sense . You be safe too brother

Lol uncle which country did you say your in again
Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 12:51pm On Apr 23, 2020
Drenimarcus:

Lol
I trust you
Thanks man

2 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Jaycew(f): 2:05pm On Apr 23, 2020
Eberechiru:

Drenimarcus is in USA

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Eberechiru: 3:13pm On Apr 23, 2020
Jaycew:

Drenimarcus is in USA
Needed you to say it out loud so you can take it easy with the broken.

Anyway hope you guys are all good over there
Re: Adventure In Ireland by Drenimarcus(m): 3:33pm On Apr 23, 2020
Eberechiru:

Trump country

1 Like

Re: Adventure In Ireland by faithzy(m): 9:14am On Apr 24, 2020
hey man, nice job here. Please how long did it take you to get your GNIB and how much BTA did you go with?

2 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 10:43am On Apr 24, 2020
faithzy:
hey man, nice job here. Please how long did it take you to get your GNIB and how much BTA did you go with?
Depend on how quick you apply when you're in Nigeria
1M
Re: Adventure In Ireland by faithzy(m): 11:10am On Apr 24, 2020
Chiggsglover:

Depend on how quick you apply when you're in Nigeria
1M
sorry I'm a bit curious, I just want clarity so I can plan. From your experience would 2000 euros be okay as BTA when leaving? did you get a job before you got your GNIB card? how long does it take to get a job? your BTA of 1 mill, was it inclusive of the 500 euros for GNIB card

1 Like

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 11:14am On Apr 24, 2020
This was in January, I went to get the student leap card.
This is a card that allows you to pay your bus fare by simply taping the card reader in the bus.
Its quick and efficient.
The leap card has different fares for the Dublin bus and the luas. The cap forthe Dublin bus for a day with the student leap card is €5, while for luas, its €7.
When I tap once on my way to school, the highest the bus takes is €2.50. When I'm coming back home, I get into the bus and tap again. Another 2.50 will be deducted. If I use the bus let's say I go to watch a movie, and I tap, they deduct €0, because I have used the cap for the day.
The cap for the week is €20 (monday to Thursday). Anywhere I go to if I travel from friday to Sunday, Its free.

I'll post a shot of what the leap card looks like .

You can choose to pay by cash, but if you dont have the exact fare for your trip, the bus driver will nod his head and ask you to leave.

If you want to top up your leap card, you'll have to go to Spar. Or if your phone have NFC, like mine which is a Samsung, you can pay it directly from your bank. Most iPhones sadly dont have this.

There was a time I was late to school, and got to the stop, only for the map to tell me 10minutes. I waited and waited. I spotted the bus in 11min. Something told me to check how much I have on my leap card. Immediately my phone spotted the card, I saw, €1, I had to quickly top up ASAP. It entered my card just in time, and I walked in.

10 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 11:19am On Apr 24, 2020
faithzy:

sorry I'm a bit curious, I just want clarity so I can plan. From your experience would 2000 euros be okay as BTA when leaving? did you get a job before you got your GNIB card? how long does it take to get a job? your BTA of 1 mill, was it inclusive of the 500 euros for GNIB card
BTA of 2000 is quite enough.
Immediately you have your gnib, you can work, gnib appointment should be booked one month in advance
Well, I had to call home for gnib, it was just too heavy.
Re: Adventure In Ireland by Brightfab(m): 9:13pm On Apr 24, 2020
Op see bicycles everywhere, guy one replace your own grin

2 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Dollywood(m): 10:26am On Apr 25, 2020
Chiggsglover:
Night view.
I wish above all thing that it should be as clear as the one In my Gallery cry

Send the picture to my Gmail please, Joshwealth06@gmail.com
Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 4:25pm On Apr 25, 2020
Brightfab:
Op see bicycles everywhere, guy one replace your own grin
Replacement ni.
Na so den scatter all over o.
The thing is that we have the ones people dont want, you wont see them with locks. That's how you know them.
Re: Adventure In Ireland by faithzy(m): 4:31pm On Apr 25, 2020
Chiggsglover:

BTA of 2000 is quite enough.
Immediately you have your gnib, you can work, gnib appointment should be booked one month in advance
Well, I had to call home for gnib, it was just too heavy.
From your part time job are you tax free, if not how many percent are you taxed?

1 Like

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 5:10pm On Apr 25, 2020
Dollywood:

Send the picture to my Gmail please, Joshwealth06@gmail.com
Thanks
Sent grin
Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 5:18pm On Apr 25, 2020
faithzy:

From your part time job are you tax free, if not how many percent are you taxed?
Theres a threshold before you get taxed.
When I work one day a week, zero tax was deducted. When I worked two days, €30 was deducted. The tax is quite high but divide the income into 10parts, thats the income of doing the same job, more stress in Nigeria.

The tax is used to take care of the elderly, poor, disabled and others via income support. You can read the news, the countries that are more vibrant than Ireland are in worse shape.
Re: Adventure In Ireland by Hadampson(m): 6:41pm On Apr 25, 2020
Chiggsglover should be given the most responsive nairalander award on travel section.

I dey feel your vibe
Keep it going bro and I pray God make all your dreams come true

20 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Dollywood(m): 7:54pm On Apr 25, 2020
Chiggsglover:

Sent grin

Seen, Mehn the picture quality is sublime but the image size sends shiver to my spine, imagine 8mb for a single picture grin

2 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by faithzy(m): 10:24pm On Apr 25, 2020
Chiggsglover:

Theres a threshold before you get taxed.
When I work one day a week, zero tax was deducted. When I worked two days, €30 was deducted. The tax is quite high but divide the income into 10parts, thats the income of doing the same job, more stress in Nigeria.

The tax is used to take care of the elderly, poor, disabled and others via income support. You can read the news, the countries that are more vibrant than Ireland are in worse shape.
30€ is very high per week, it means you earn around 15€ per hour

2 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Sparrow0: 3:05am On Apr 26, 2020
Dollywood:

Seen, Mehn the picture quality is sublime but the image size sends shiver to my spine, [B]imagine 8mb for a single picture[/B] grin
Lol and the maximum size for Nairaland is 4MB
I found out that the clear pictures here on Nairaland are usually 1/4 of OP's pics in length
But Samsung shaa

2 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 7:10am On Apr 26, 2020
Hadampson:
Chiggsglover should be given the most responsive nairalander award on travel section.

I dey feel your vibe
Lol
Thank you very much.
To hear that from you means alot grin

8 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 7:11am On Apr 26, 2020
Dollywood:

Seen, Mehn the picture quality is sublime but the image size sends shiver to my spine, imagine 8mb for a single picture grin
Hahaha

Sorry man, I should have written a warning like Heavyweight Picture Champion.

I know how I economize data in Nigeria, staying here don dey make me....

At least you can confirm that the ones on my phone is very clear.
Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 7:13am On Apr 26, 2020
faithzy:

30€ is very high per week, it means you earn around 15€ per hour
€12.45 actually.
I dont know how they deduct their taxes, they might even take €20 sometimes.
They reasoned that taking tax from me when I worked a day, €99, was pointless. You can see how they reduce inequality.

5 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 7:17am On Apr 26, 2020
Sparrow0:

Lol and the maximum size for Nairaland is 4MB
I found out that the clear pictures here on Nairaland are usually 1/4 of OP's pics in length
But Samsung shaa
Yeah that's true. Every shot taken with my Samsung is like a video without sound. While it makes the picture very large in size, from the same picture, I can get about three different captures.

Normally before I upload every picture you see here, I have to screenshot them. The screenshot is also clear, but when they land here, I get depressed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Brightfab(m): 9:31am On Apr 26, 2020
A typical Nigerian wouldn't have responded to a question asking how much he earns,I respect you more Op, you're a good man.
Chiggsglover:

€12.45 actually.
They reasoned that taking tax from me when I worked a day, €99, was pointless. You can see how they reduce inequality.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Brightfab(m): 9:33am On Apr 26, 2020
He truly deserves it, he's doing a good job
Hadampson:

I dey feel your vibe

3 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Dollywood(m): 12:08pm On Apr 26, 2020
Chiggsglover:

Hahaha

Sorry man, I should have written a warning like Heavyweight Picture Champion.

I know how I economize data in Nigeria, staying here don dey make me....

At least you can confirm that the ones on my phone is very clear.

Of course, data here in Nigeria is gold, The pictures are sharp no doubt, nice one man.

1 Like

Re: Adventure In Ireland by faithzy(m): 12:27pm On Apr 26, 2020
Chiggsglover:

€12.45 actually.
yes, it's a progressive tax system.

3 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by faithzy(m): 1:02pm On Apr 26, 2020
you have been a great help bro, I would have been in DBS this April, no thanks to the Pandemic. I really hope to see you in September. keep up the good work!

3 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by dimaxy(m): 1:53pm On Apr 26, 2020
Chiggsglover:

Yeah that's true. Every shot taken with my Samsung is like a video without sound. While it makes the picture very large in size, from the same picture, I can get about three different captures.

Normally before I upload every picture you see here, I have to screenshot them. The screenshot is also clear, but when they land here, I get depressed.

Thanks so much bro.I just keep loving Ireland more.I like to know more about the best part time job to get.is it possible to get it in my field.and is there snow in Ireland cos I love snow die. And please can you give us more downtown picture if possible.and also when I rent apartment is there TV and other house appliances inside or we buy them ourself

3 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Hadampson(m): 2:55pm On Apr 26, 2020
Brightfab:
He truly deserves it, he's doing a good job

No doubt
All his explanations are explicit
He deserves some accolades

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (94) (Reply)

Likely Questions By Usa Consular During Interview For Tourist Visa And Response / *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** / Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.