Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,523 members, 7,836,998 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:36 PM

Adventure In Ireland - Travel (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Adventure In Ireland (198562 Views)

What Is Like Studying In Sweden As An African. A Nairalander Adventure In Sweden / Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) / My 2017 Summer And Fall Adventure In Canada (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (94) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Starberg(m): 2:43pm On May 10, 2020
Chiggsglover:
I have read lots of amazing stories and experiences from the adventures of Nigerians in various part of the world. I usually feel somehow writing mine but decided I have to do it because it achieves various purposes like it makes Nigerians get a grip of the country and realities in the country. In my school, DBS, when you're inside, you'll think you're in India. Due to the fact that they spread the news about potential countries that is suitabe for migration, clear the path for those coming by suggesting suitable courses so they can easily get job. There's a reason the indians are dominating the workplace in Canada.

In my class, we're just three Nigerians, thirty Indians in a course that has potential. You need to see how these guys cooperate, I get overwhelmed.
The Nigerians in my class, I tried to be open to them, I got so irritated by their response that I feel so great when I heard school has been locked down by the virus.
When it got to Group assignment, they lumped me and them in one group. The only indian in my group ran away to another group of Indians.
The reality in my class is just how Nigeria is. We need to cooperate more and help others. In my workplace, two Nigerian guys are there, igbos like me, den do anyhow, I left them and na one Kenya guy wey don stay for this country show me the way. The other Africans in the place don sabi say you need to watch one another back and cooperate.
The goal of this thread is to simply draw your attention and FOCUS to Ireland. Leave US, dont apply to that country directly, even Canada sef, Start looking at Europe, it's easier to enter here than those countries.
From Europe you can branch to any country of your choosing.
If you can learn the German language, Germany is a great country. The indians don dey rush PhD there. You do a research one and get €1000 monthly plus free tuition. Indians will see this kind opportunity and broadcast it to their people. We will see such and only tell immediate family members.

Blacks are so few here. The indians are Many, you wont know because their skin is light, they have straight hair and they simply blend in. I have to look at them closely or from the garlic spice, I instantly know they're the one.
The more of our people we have here, the better for us, that's what people dont know. The reason you enjoy interacting easily with Americans socially is the work of our Brothers. Over the years, they've had various blend of the black race generation by generation.
The Irish community are not used to us. Den no born you well to apply for governorship post or marry their woman. That one na another matter, it's best to avoid them.

I've said so much. All those Agencies that will be posting Canada 2020, USA visa!!!!!! Up and down, RUN

You'll carry refusal letter like Trophy.
Average Nigerians here in this country, den don carry at least one Denied from either Canada or USA.
It's like the period when the Unilag craze was there, secondary teachers caused this, they made people feel like Life will end if you dont go to unilag. I knew someone applied seven times, that's seven years gone!

Its about the course you read and the grade, Not the school.
You're better off studying in the North, lower cost of living, less strike, then you come out, apply abroad, life continues.

When I was applying, I was almost pushed to start chasing big school where I will pay huge school fees and go broke. I knew a friend that was chasing big name, he was denied admission due to the fact that the school is competitive. But sense came o, let's leave ratings alone, as long as the school and the course is accredited. Study ya thing and come out. It's only Havard and oxford, if you get the grade and you know that the way is clear, you can push it if you're an Einstein. Not being an einstein like me, doesnt mean you're a failure.

Lemme drop my pen here.

Please WhatsApp me on this number 09017380538 Thanks

1 Like

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 6:25am On May 11, 2020
Starberg:

Please WhatsApp me on this number 09017380538 Thanks
DM
Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 6:26am On May 11, 2020
TreasureTayo:
Read from page 1to the last one. OP you're doing well!
Thank you very much
We need you here!!!!! cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 6:31am On May 11, 2020
aumeehn:
hello, i have been a silent follower of this beautiful thread from day1. What caught my attention is the English language course program you talked about. What do you think about a person applying from non English speaking country ? Lets say cameroon, how easy is it getting admission and how cheap is the tuition?
Wow
That's a good question, if you undertook your study in French, your English won't be good, you're good to apply, I have met some Latinos who lived in the USA, they speak great English, flawless, and they still claimed they wanna learn, it's a ploy to stay, cheap fees, lots of time to work n explore the city.
Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 6:33am On May 11, 2020
Firefox01:
Welcome back bro. I was beginning to think you've abandoned us grin

Lol, I was typing now, and saying alot, but it feels the picture makes my write up stand out
Re: Adventure In Ireland by Hadampson(m): 7:23am On May 11, 2020
olioxx:

That is the spirit Brother.
Learn as much as you can, the Lord is your strength.

Thanks alot boss

Please what's the difference between python 2 and 3. Initially I thought python doesn't have any classes, just python not until I checked the comments of some Indians and saw python is this and that.

I await your detailed explanation as usual cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Hadampson(m): 7:27am On May 11, 2020
Chiggsglover:

I'm not sure you pay to write It.
They award specific course as a bid to encourage people to study them

The one i saw before covik vilus cost $70 or so.

2 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 9:44am On May 11, 2020
Hadampson:

The one i saw before covik vilus cost $70 or so.
That's alot
Why should scholarship be charging money, it's a already like ponzi scheme, I can open website and be charging registration fees, then I'll give some money to those who need it badly to spread the word, theyll help in spreading the word, this is possible especially after Covik-one-nine.

1 Like

Re: Adventure In Ireland by 1beat(m): 11:32am On May 11, 2020
I know of a lady who went from Nigeria to US for English Language course she gain admission and was given visa after 3rd attempt. she left like 3yrs ago upto now she as not return she as started working self. I doubt if such opportunity will still be open now

5 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Hadampson(m): 12:00pm On May 11, 2020
Chiggsglover:

That's alot
Why should scholarship be charging money, it's a already like ponzi scheme, I can open website and be charging registration fees, then I'll give some money to those who need it badly to spread the word, theyll help in spreading the word, this is possible especially after Covik-one-nine.
Ponzi scheme like MMM. Yoruba call it mogbe moku modaran grin

Funny enough it's a Chinese scholarship cheesy
Who wan go China before. If not because we no see better offer na hin wan make me apply o

One of my guys told me about one scholarship in USA and they charged application fee which doesn't make sense, maybe to me.

3 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by paragon40(m): 1:56pm On May 11, 2020
tourphland:
Bro abeg i won ask something. I dey plan switch career from law to finance or other business like field related. I want to know how okay is that kinda msc after studies.
Re: Adventure In Ireland by TreasureTayo(m): 5:18pm On May 11, 2020
I'm here already lol. How is Ireland o? Come update us abeg
Chiggsglover:

Thank you very much
We need you here!!!!! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Adventure In Ireland by verminnel(f): 11:06pm On May 11, 2020
Nice thread bruhv..May God crown your efforts with success..

1 Like

Re: Adventure In Ireland by tourphland(m): 11:29pm On May 11, 2020
B[quote author=paragon40 post=89430719][/quote]
Ya a lawyer too?
Re: Adventure In Ireland by paragon40(m): 12:17am On May 12, 2020
tourphland:
B
Ya a lawyer too?
Yes Counsel.
Re: Adventure In Ireland by tourphland(m): 1:00am On May 12, 2020
paragon40:
Yes Counsel.
Oh nice...
I can learn from you, how many years after call?
Re: Adventure In Ireland by Samuelsegs: 3:22am On May 12, 2020
alright noted
Re: Adventure In Ireland by Samuelsegs: 3:24am On May 12, 2020
please how much did you get your visa and plane ticket for Dublin from Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 8:09am On May 12, 2020
1beat:
I know of a lady who went from Nigeria to US for English Language course she gain admission and was given visa after 3rd attempt. she left like 3yrs ago upto now she as not return she as started working self. I doubt if such opportunity will still be open now

Thanks for sharing man.
The thing is that the tuition is way way cheaper that some of these solid courses. We have some technical school here as well. They're affordable. A hands on skill is over looked here, though they pay lesser in Nigeria, but here, their income matches those with a tie.

4 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 4:05pm On May 12, 2020
Hadampson:

Ponzi scheme like MMM. Yoruba call it mogbe moku modaran grin

Funny enough it's a Chinese scholarship cheesy
Who wan go China before. If not because we no see better offer na hin wan make me apply o

One of my guys told me about one scholarship in USA and they charged application fee which doesn't make sense, maybe to me.
Hahaha, that yoruba version was mad, I don miss yoruba speakers o.

That's true, how many blacks study In china, yet many rush to apply.

Unless a scholarship application has high success from people you're sure got. Pls dont pay o
Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 4:06pm On May 12, 2020
TreasureTayo:
I'm here already lol. How is Ireland o? Come update us abeg
Really
How you dey find Ireland.
Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 4:07pm On May 12, 2020
verminnel:
Nice thread bruhv..May God crown your efforts with success..

Amen oooo, thank you, I need it mehn.

My efforts here will be glorious when we eventually have a cuppa at Starbucks
Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 4:08pm On May 12, 2020
Samuelsegs:
please how much did you get your visa and plane ticket for Dublin from Nigeria
Me?

1 Like

Re: Adventure In Ireland by olioxx(m): 4:18pm On May 12, 2020
Hadampson:

Thanks alot boss

Please what's the difference between python 2 and 3. Initially I thought python doesn't have any classes, just python not until I checked the comments of some Indians and saw python is this and that.

I await your detailed explanation as usual cheesy
Sorry for the late reply.
Python 2 will not be supported come 2021 (I guess), that means there will be no update for Python 2x. That doesn't mean engineers will not write programs in Python 2x. It just means that there will be no update for Python 2x series. It stops at Python 2.7.
Python 3x is the new standard. I have Python 3.7 interpreter, I use PyCharm.
There is always update to the Python 3x series.
If I were to recommend which Python series to learn, I will urge to learn Python 3x series.
Python Programming Language is simple to learn.
You can spend 10 days learning the language.
You can use YouTube to learn or you read ebooks.
Learn the basic data types(or Object types) eg Strings, Dictionaries, Tuples.
Then, move into Statement , Loops, Exception Handling, File I/O.
Finally delve into Encapsulation, Classes, Inheritance, Polymorphism.
You should have a basic grasp of Python after you learn all this.

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 4:49pm On May 12, 2020
African store

Most stores here includes Asian and African stores, Indians comes here too. The things in these stores Are EXPENSIVE. Not cheap in any way, putting into consideration shipping and all.

I spotted my Lagos holdup partner, La casera, I was so thrilled. I drank my last bottle on the way to the Airport, and when I was done, I stared at the empty bottle for a long time.

This is the shop at Inchicore, it's the biggest warehouse I've seen. I'll call it a warehouse. It's a far cry from the ones at the city centre. Today I bought fish and red pepper, what the yorubas call Atarodo.. grin

The Irish pepper is very big, colorful and sweet, I'd rather call it a fruit. Why will they call pepper if it doesnt make your sensory nerve humble.
You saw how that white baba In wedding party 2 almost died after tasting our soup, dont blame him, their own pepper has no punch.

I visit here to frequently to buy Maggi, gizzard, fish, and pepper.
I didnt dare check the price of the La casera cos I knew it will be expensive, I'll wait till my palate miss it before I rush it like a vaccine.

I'll send the rest of the picture tomorrow, cheers!!

10 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 4:50pm On May 12, 2020
More

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 4:51pm On May 12, 2020

7 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by TreasureTayo(m): 5:19pm On May 12, 2020
Na Naija I dey o. No be Ireland. Ireland dey call me, make baba God help us ni lol
Chiggsglover:

Really
How you dey find Ireland.

2 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by obaangeli: 5:40pm On May 12, 2020
@op if i'm very correct u graduated from REDEEMERS UNIVERSITY EDE in Osun state 2017. If i may ask u...... Do u know or remember one shuttle driver called BABA RUNSA? If u did, u should know BABS too
Do u?

1 Like

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 6:57pm On May 12, 2020
obaangeli:
@op if i'm very correct u graduated from REDEEMERS UNIVERSITY EDE in Osun state 2017. If i may ask u...... Do u know or remember one shuttle driver called BABA RUNSA? If u did, u should know BABS too
Do u?

I remembered him, grin
You just unearthed a wonderful memory of school.
I really wonder why they whine that man.
Those in the girls hostel will recollect him vividly.
His bus was what the runsa uses to operate also..I guess they bought it. Macaroni was our Runsa president then, he really shook the school, that he was expelled, hes the one on IG currently trending in comedy with his Ooink and you're doing well.

6 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by obaangeli: 9:35pm On May 12, 2020
Chiggsglover:

I remembered him, grin
You just unearthed a wonderful memory of school.
I really wonder why they whine that man.
Those in the girls hostel will recollect him vividly.
His bus was what the runsa uses to operate also..I guess they bought it. Macaroni was our Runsa president then, he really shook the school, that he was expelled, hes the one on IG currently trending in comedy with his Ooink and you're doing well.

Ooooin..... U're doing well my brother, Debo Macaroni is a very wonderful guy , i'm not surprised he's doing very for himself now. As a matter of fact he's now a Celeb. He eventually convocated with the 2018 set .....last last he defeated school authority and it was a big shame on them.
There is this other guy driving shuttle too his name is BABS, u know BABA RUNSA wasn't the only shuttle man then. There's a reason i'm asking u this

1 Like

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 6:35am On May 13, 2020
TreasureTayo:
Na Naija I dey o. No be Ireland. Ireland dey call me, make baba God help us ni lol

Lol
Dont worry man, just put your mind on it.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (94) (Reply)

Likely Questions By Usa Consular During Interview For Tourist Visa And Response / *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** / Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.