Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,099 members, 7,814,862 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:10 PM

Adventure In Ireland - Travel (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Adventure In Ireland (196981 Views)

What Is Like Studying In Sweden As An African. A Nairalander Adventure In Sweden / Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) / My 2017 Summer And Fall Adventure In Canada (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (94) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Brightfab(m): 10:13pm On May 14, 2020
Good move Bro,have read on some Australian thread how Care Assistants make some cool cash. All the best
Chiggsglover:

Sorry man

Busy day

I've decided to go into Care.
Had a full day training with more in future to update us on the improvements and all.
I'm gonna be a Care Assistant. grin

Those shits, I'll pack their life
Training was from 9am to 6pm with four breaks.

I used the Best Airline in the World and it happened to be the cheapest.
Qatar airline.
Visa fee was N40k total
My passport wasn't good enough, I paid 2k for another one there, you must tell them its Ireland, Canada own is very expensive.
I paid precisely N222,000.

Trust me na, my precision is like a Discharged bullet.

1 Like

Re: Adventure In Ireland by ashatoda: 8:28am On May 15, 2020
Chiggsglover:

Sorry man

Busy day

I've decided to go into Care.
Had a full day training with more in future to update us on the improvements and all.
I'm gonna be a Care Assistant. grin

Those shits, I'll pack their life
Training was from 9am to 6pm with four breaks.

I used the Best Airline in the World and it happened to be the cheapest.
Qatar airline.
Visa fee was N40k total
My passport wasn't good enough, I paid 2k for another one there, you must tell them its Ireland, Canada own is very expensive.
I paid precisely N222,000.

Trust me na, my precision is like a Discharged bullet.

hi bro thanks for the good work you are doing. please regarding this is it possible to migrate to Ireland as a care assistant?
what are the minimum requirements expected for a care assistant?
are there online courses that can be taken for it?
is there any form of age limit for those to be employed?
and please whatever you take note as a on the spot care worker kindly share
me sef dey think sey make I come do this thing though I hate shit man must to make bar.
abeg help a bros
thanks

2 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Samuelsegs: 9:06am On May 15, 2020
Brightfab:
Good move Bro,have read on some Australian thread how Care Assistants make some cool cash. All the best
wow 222,000 for both plane ticket

that's awesome it's damn cheap... Imma try my best to be there after lock down I got an aunt who lives in O'Connor street

Thanks a lot chiggsglover... your type are rare, to be sincere.. I knew you wouldn't snitch on me..perhaps you can't be here all the time... I've been reading your thread tho and i never got bored
I've watched some videos on YouTube showing dublin City,it's an awesome place to be

you can search (4k walking in dublin )or (4k walking in dublin at night)it's more awesome I love there nightlife....temple Bar got me loving it more.. I knew about naira land 2days ago.. I never knew it exist

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 9:48am On May 15, 2020
Sparrow0:

How much did you pay to learn this language and where? I'd love to learn it too cheesy cheesy
Its very easy,
Just pay €19
I'll teach you

3 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 9:49am On May 15, 2020
Sparrow0:

Lol anytime
Enjoy your meal grin
Thanks
I didn't microwave it well

But the food tasted better.
Lol
Hunger eh

2 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 9:52am On May 15, 2020
sunkanmi562:

Masters in construction and project management i studied architecture for my undergraduate

That's good, construction is a good one too.
Lots of construction going on in Dublin and it never ends.
Though you'll have to research more

Expats like us always look down on it for part time job.
Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 9:53am On May 15, 2020
morinto:

Data analysis in Griffith college. Dublin
Gbagaun, boom boom,
Data Analytics I think,

I'm just pulling ya leg o

Lol

2 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 9:57am On May 15, 2020
Brightfab:
Yes oooo
Instead of working in warehouse and breaking my back
Is it not better I just go into care and diversify.
It's a good opportunity now because companies charges €80, to train for one module, I got the three modules for free.
After covik, I'll learn level 5 and be ready for the future.

6 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 10:04am On May 15, 2020
ashatoda:

hi bro thanks for the good work you are doing. please regarding this is it possible to migrate to Ireland as a care assistant?
what are the minimum requirements expected for a care assistant?
are there online courses that can be taken for it?
is there any form of age limit for those to be employed?
and please whatever you take note as a on the spot care worker kindly share
me sef dey think sey make I come do this thing though I hate shit man must to make bar.
abeg help a bros
thanks
This is a good time to go into care
HSE is providing infrastructure for online courses for us.
Age is 18

Who like shit, its not a regular occurrence. Lemme start, it's quite flexible, three shifts from 8am to 11pm, all within my local government, it's easier to explain.

Yh, you'll need to visit HSE for Ireland and check it, HSE is like the official ministry of health here.
The need health workers.

2 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 10:13am On May 15, 2020
Samuelsegs:
wow 222,000 for both plane ticket

that's awesome it's damn cheap... Imma try my best to be there after lock down I got an aunt who lives in O'Connor street

Thanks a lot chiggsglover... your type are rare, to be sincere.. I knew you wouldn't snitch on me..perhaps you can't be here all the time... I've been reading your thread tho and i never got bored
I've watched some videos on YouTube showing dublin City,it's an awesome place to be

you can search (4k walking in dublin )or (4k walking in dublin at night)it's more awesome I love there nightlife....temple Bar got me loving it more.. I knew about naira land 2days ago.. I never knew it exist

Boom boom, its O'Connell street, how will you have known that, that's where I take the Luas to my former apartment. Pictures below
Just adding some spark here,
Lol
Thank you, it's one way, because I booked early January, its still expensive, my friends that came in late January paid 180k.
The idea is to book in advance, I booked one month in advance, book on Tuesday to Thursdays, its cheaper and less stressful, those dubious and insidious custom officers are ever present on those busy days, that's when people with cash travel. You know na.

Good good, everlycece on YouTube gave some information that were useful.
As I was entering Ireland, she was leaving to the UK.

Cheers

10 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by ashatoda: 10:15am On May 15, 2020
Chiggsglover:

This is a good time to go into care
HSE is providing infrastructure for online courses for us.
Age is 18

Who like shit, its not a regular occurrence. Lemme start, it's quite flexible, three shifts from 8am to 11pm, all within my local government, it's easier to explain.

Yh, you'll need to visit HSE for Ireland and check it, HSE is like the official ministry of health here.
The need health workers.

thanks for the swift reply will check HSE thanks ance more

1 Like

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Brightfab(m): 10:18am On May 15, 2020
Chiggsglover:

Yes oooo
Instead of working in warehouse and breaking my back
Is it not better I just go into care and diversify.
It's a good opportunity now because companies charges €80, to train for one module, I got the three modules for free.
After covik, I'll learn level 5 and be ready for the future.

That's a good one

1 Like

Re: Adventure In Ireland by wowdiva: 10:38am On May 15, 2020

2 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Samuelsegs: 11:43am On May 15, 2020
Chiggsglover:

Boom boom, its O'Connell street, how will you have known that, that's where I take the Luas to my former apartment. Pictures below
Lol
Thank you, it's one way, because I booked early January, its still expensive, my friends that came in late January paid 180k.
The idea is to book in advance, I booked one month in advance, book on Tuesday to Thursdays, its cheaper and less stressful, those dubious and insidious custom officers are ever present on those busy days, that's when people with cash travel. You know na.

Cheers
I know her... Chinyere.. I've watched almost all her videos tho I wasn't able to reach her.. now she's in Cambridge..

and I'd like to know those information she gave you.. please I'm planning to move soon

thanks... hoping to get reply from you soon.. and as well you can share us some pictures on here it's been a while you posted pictures

5 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Samuelsegs: 11:50am On May 15, 2020
Chiggsglover:

Lol

[quote author=Chiggsglover post=89568534]

Just adding some spark

and I'd like to know those information she gave you.. please I'm planning to move soon

thanks... hoping to get reply from you soon.. and as well you can share us some pictures on here it's been a while you posted pictures
Cheers

Chiggsglover:

Lol

Cheers
I know her... Chinyere.. I've watched almost all her videos tho I wasn't able to reach her.. now she's in Cambridge..

Re: Adventure In Ireland by ashatoda: 12:10pm On May 15, 2020
@chiggslover the module that you got in which you are been trained, can we also get it here?

1 Like

Re: Adventure In Ireland by faithzy(m): 12:27pm On May 15, 2020
Chiggsglover:

Hey chiggs, I have a 3 years experience as a Project engineer in construction, can I get a part time job with my experience in Dublin? What are my chances? Please what do you mean by expats look down on construction job?

3 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Sparrow0: 6:03pm On May 15, 2020
Chiggsglover:

Its very easy,
Just pay €19
I'll teach you
Lol you no collect €30? grin

BTW what language is that?

2 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Sparrow0: 6:12pm On May 15, 2020
Chiggsglover:

Thanks
I didn't microwave it well

But the food tasted better.
Lol
Hunger eh
Lol I woke up famished this morning due to the rough *clears throat* I had last night cheesy, had to eat cold beans asap. Couldn't even warm it. Like I was gonna die if I don't eat it at that moment cheesy

1 Like

Re: Adventure In Ireland by sunkanmi562(m): 7:34pm On May 15, 2020
Chiggsglover:

Thanks boss
Re: Adventure In Ireland by ovokate(f): 9:21pm On May 15, 2020
Sparrow0:

Lol boss lady
I want to see the beautiful Ireland wink

Good afternoon, how're you doing? grin
Don't you boss lady me grin

3 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Sparrow0: 9:51pm On May 15, 2020
ovokate:

Don't you boss lady me grin
NOTED!
My apologies grin

2 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by obawinner(m): 10:01pm On May 15, 2020
I studied educational related course during my undergraduate. Is it feasible I change my course to IT related course bearing in mind I have programming skills.
Like to ask as well, is Teaching lucrative in Ireland?
Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Jamesfantasy(m): 2:56am On May 16, 2020
Phew! There's so much life-changing info. Packed in here... Thanks 4 ur magnamity!
thanks everybody 4 ur input, they were so "informative, educative and inspiring...

3 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 7:12am On May 16, 2020
ashatoda:

thanks for the swift reply will check HSE thanks ance more
Good good
Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 7:12am On May 16, 2020
Brightfab:

That's a good one
Thanks man

1 Like

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 7:15am On May 16, 2020
Samuelsegs:

The information she gave her on her videos. Only contact
is when I posted in the comment section and she replied back about her relocation from Ireland.
She even wished me best of luck. We set get our own motivators.
Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 7:22am On May 16, 2020
ashatoda:
@chiggslover the module that you got in which you are been trained, can we also get it here?
Well, you can get it easily in Nigeria if you go to those nursing schools that are approved and certified.
That was what they kept asking me, if I had ANY qualifications. Coming from the Realm of Numbers, I had to start from the scratch. I even met a Nigerian man, who has spent 22years here. He also came for the training. He was fairly comfortable, with family and His JEEP grin

A friend of mine studied Sociology, she also qualified, she was sent an online assessment to see if she remembered those health codes. She did it once, passed and that was it.

2 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 7:28am On May 16, 2020
faithzy:

Hey chiggs, I have a 3 years experience as a Project engineer in construction, can I get a part time job with my experience in Dublin? What are my chances? Please what do you mean by expats look down on construction job?
Construction is the last job I'm gonna shift to, that's what I mean. I can do Security and sit in front of cameras, kitchen porter, warehouse, care and others. Given the reputation it has in Nigeria, and how I'll be one with nature by having sand all over me and all.....for you, you wont start from the scratch, me that I'm not an engineer, you'll command me to change my style in the sand.

I really dont know much about the construction industry, a good guide is to go on LinkedIn, find Nigerians in construction there, buzz them and ....
Or you can read about what is expected of a project engineer.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 7:29am On May 16, 2020
Sparrow0:

Lol you no collect €30? grin

BTW what language is that?
Double am well na

The name of the language is jtyjoftsasllmbffcvlang

1 Like

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 7:31am On May 16, 2020
Sparrow0:

Lol I woke up famished this morning due to the rough *clears throat* I had last night cheesy, had to eat cold beans asap. Couldn't even warm it. Like I was gonna die if I don't eat it at that moment cheesy
Chai that one strong, I cant even try it here.
Me that usually get pissed when my drink isnt cold.

Since I got here, e don change o. When I tried it once, I started shivering.

3 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 7:33am On May 16, 2020
obawinner:
I studied educational related course during my undergraduate. Is it feasible I change my course to IT related course bearing in mind I have programming skills.
Like to ask as well, is Teaching lucrative in Ireland?
Thanks
What are you waiting for, that programming skill is useful.

Lots of certifications and garda vetting required. Teaching get as it be sha.

4 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (94) (Reply)

Likely Questions By Usa Consular During Interview For Tourist Visa And Response / *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** / Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.