Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,359 members, 7,815,766 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:57 PM

Adventure In Ireland - Travel (45) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Adventure In Ireland (197054 Views)

What Is Like Studying In Sweden As An African. A Nairalander Adventure In Sweden / Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) / My 2017 Summer And Fall Adventure In Canada (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) ... (94) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 8:26pm On Jul 03, 2020
Theblink123:

@ Chiggsglovee on an average how much do you spend on groceries and which stores are the best for groceries .Your response would be highly appreciated.
When I came at first, roughly €40 per month, but now, my appetite has increased, and I'm earning now, I spend at least €20 per week.
Best grocery stores is lidl and Aldi, they're cheap. I wrote a lot about them previously. They have almost everything.

2 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Dwebb55: 8:56pm On Jul 03, 2020
seunny4lif:

You still in Nigeria?

You can’t get Stamp 4 from Nigeria
Thought you are studying here already.
Your working permits, can be invoke by company that invited you, if you don’t at least complete one year of working with the company that invited you .
I know a lot of Indians that moved here based on working permits from India and the salaries are crazy over 70K

No, I meant the person that asked the question wanted to know how to emigrate from Nigeria, which is the question I thought you were answering.
Re: Adventure In Ireland by Dwebb55: 9:14pm On Jul 03, 2020
ExpressBooking:

Please I beg to disagree with you on the above point.

If your employer filed for CSEP or GEP for you which is valid for two years each, then u are not permitted to take another employment until you have worked one year for that employer. And when you arrive Ireland on these permits you get stamp 1 permission for both. Then after 2 years on CSEP you move to stamp 4, while you have to be on GEP for 5 years to be able to go to stamp 4.

Then while you are on stamp 4 which is PR, you are eligible to apply for citizenship after 5 years. Nobody gets stamp 4 by just getting a job from Nigeria. You can only get a stamp 4 on a shorter route if you are married to an Irish or EU citizen legally residing in Ireland.

Stamp 3 is for spouses or dependants of Stamp 1(excluding CSEP holder) and stamp 4 holders. Any holder of stamp 3 requires DSEP to work.

Spouses of stamp 1 holders under CSEP gets stamp 1G which enables them to work without employment permit.

Stamp 2 and 2A are for students and are not part of reckonable residence towards PR

Level 8 and 9 graduates gets stamp 1G as post graduate work permit

Stamp 1,1G,3 counts towards reckonable residence for PR

CSEP = Critical Skills Employment Permit
GEP= General Employment Permit
DSEP= Dependant/Spouse Employment Permit

Thanks for the elucidation! Really appreciated.

Can I ask a question? Can a spouse and other family members like children, come over if one is on a Stamp 1G?
Re: Adventure In Ireland by ExpressBooking(m): 10:07pm On Jul 03, 2020
Dwebb55:

Thanks for the elucidation! Really appreciated.

Can I ask a question? Can a spouse and other family members like children, come over if one is on a Stamp 1G?

I think it should be possible, but if it is not, there is a way out. Get an employment and have ur employer apply for General work permit for you. That way you can bring over your family
Re: Adventure In Ireland by seunny4lif(m): 11:15pm On Jul 03, 2020
Yes, most guys go to Swiss or Sweden to renew their passport.
Nigeria Ambassador to Italy and all the staff over there are useless.

A man came with his son to beat one of the official in the embassy before his passport was release.
Even Italian police were telling us, Nigeria embassy is the embassy to deal with.
Chiggsglover:

Oh man, I don dey fear o. How someone will wait for passport for a year is busting my head.

2 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by seunny4lif(m): 11:18pm On Jul 03, 2020
Oh
If you can secure a job from Nigeria, then your company can process your Visa for you.

visit this site
https://www.citizensinformation.ie

They are the best about immigrating to Ireland
Dwebb55:

No, I meant the person that asked the question wanted to know how to emigrate from Nigeria, which is the question I thought you were answering.
Re: Adventure In Ireland by seunny4lif(m): 9:21am On Jul 04, 2020
You no dey buy full goat meat grin
Fresh full goat meat €140
Chiggsglover:

When I came at first, roughly €40 per month, but now, my appetite has increased, and I'm earning now, I spend at least €20 per week.
Best grocery stores is lidl and Aldi, they're cheap. I wrote a lot about them previously. They have almost everything.

1 Like

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Theblink123: 1:47pm On Jul 04, 2020
seunny4lif:
Dundalk is cheap now
Just 1 hr from Dublin with Matthews bus or 1:30 with Bus Eire or Train

Buying Nigeria raw food in Dundalk is the problem.
You can see goat to buy self and it’s just 140€ for a full goat

Thanks a lot, i really appreciate your response, hopefully someday i too will be in a position to answer other peoples questions.

1 Like

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Theblink123: 1:49pm On Jul 04, 2020
Chiggsglover:

OP you are blessed, i like how your responses are always detailed, precise and based on real life experiences. Ride on bro.

2 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by seunny4lif(m): 2:07pm On Jul 04, 2020
For sure
What course are going for?
Theblink123:

OP you are blessed, i like how your responses are always detailed, precise and based on real life experiences. Ride on bro.
Re: Adventure In Ireland by Theblink123: 7:44pm On Jul 04, 2020
seunny4lif:
For sure
What course are going for?

BB in Business Management
Re: Adventure In Ireland by seunny4lif(m): 7:48pm On Jul 04, 2020
Are you just applying for Visa?
Theblink123:

BB in Business Management
Re: Adventure In Ireland by vhuqnl(m): 2:29pm On Jul 05, 2020
The architecture looks boring and depressing. I hope life there isn't so.
I wonder how this my spiricoco lecturer will cope for the next 3years of her PhD in Ireland. What's my own. I'm out.

1 Like

Re: Adventure In Ireland by zeb04(f): 4:40pm On Jul 05, 2020
hello guys i just created an account on cpl healthcare pls i just need a sample format on how to arrange my cv. you can remove yours details.
my email is fridaypriscilla40@yahoo.com.
Re: Adventure In Ireland by Nobody: 5:17pm On Jul 05, 2020
Chiggs hwfar .. hope you are doing good .. How is racism in Ireland

1 Like

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 7:03pm On Jul 05, 2020
vhuqnl:
The architecture looks boring and depressing. I hope life there isn't so.
I wonder how this my spiricoco lecturer will cope for the next 3years of her PhD in Ireland. What's my own. I'm out.

I'm on my way to Blanchardstown from inchichore, I walk about 50 min, it was a wonderful experience.
That rope was too long for Comfort, I'm a man tho, but the Horse was looking at me eyeball to eyeball, I actually admire the colour, but if e vex, I don die o.

Thanks for your observation. I will not let you go yet, lol
All the pictures I have posted here before this were from the city centre. I didn't even take them properly. It's only when I'm walking somewhere and I'll just snap while working. Due to the Lockdown, I'm yet to do any tourist cruise.
The only time I relaxed was when I went to a county in Galway.

So the city is very ancient, they love their old buildings. If you buy a historical building and want to renovate, you have to get a permit to break something. The engineers, carpenters won't touch it themselves. This is to protect their heritage and culture. The only heritage in Nigeria in the form of a building Is the first storey building in Nigeria which is in badagry.
So many storey buildings have crumbled. While the first one is still standing, the reason why Lagos is keeping that first storey building on its foundation, not feet, lol, is exactly the same reason why dublin love their National Heritage.
The country gets lots of money from Their OLD souless buildings Tourism and Culture transfer and lots more. Do you think Nigeria will be where it is now if Thousands of Chinese, Americans, British folks Bombard our cultural site?
You know how much you'll get when you charge these tourists for their services in Dollars, Yuan and Pound sterlings

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 7:05pm On Jul 05, 2020
This is Blanchardstown, it's a new town, with newer infrastructure.
The buildings serve residential and office purposes

6 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 7:06pm On Jul 05, 2020

3 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 7:07pm On Jul 05, 2020
Second picture is a tech office, I love the water effizy, grin

6 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 7:08pm On Jul 05, 2020

3 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 7:09pm On Jul 05, 2020
Sadly, these feels like a ghost town thanks to the Lockdown.
The residential areas has more life there.
The area is quiet, bigger roads and it's very very spacious.

I took these shots more than two months ago.
So that's was like a month after the Lockdown started.

5 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 7:13pm On Jul 05, 2020
Theblink123:

Thank you very much, I try to answer when I'm more relaxed so I can give my best. Sometimes I read the comments beforehand but will wait till it's the right time.

2 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 7:14pm On Jul 05, 2020
seunny4lif:
You no dey buy full goat meat grin
Fresh full goat meat €140
Hahaha, I'm not like you Old Gs that have big freezers in your house. Abeg o.
Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 7:15pm On Jul 05, 2020
Hahahaha, drama oooo,
Opoooooorrrrrrr lol. I don dey fear o.
seunny4lif:
Yes, most guys go to Swiss or Sweden to renew their passport.
Nigeria Ambassador to Italy and all the staff over there are useless.

A man came with his son to beat one of the official in the embassy before his passport was release.
Even Italian police were telling us, Nigeria embassy is the embassy to deal with.
Re: Adventure In Ireland by Theblink123: 7:35pm On Jul 05, 2020
seunny4lif:
Are you just applying for Visa?

Yes i but i havent completed my fees cause dkit requires full payment of fees, when i do complete my fee payment i will apply for visa.
Re: Adventure In Ireland by Theblink123: 7:45pm On Jul 05, 2020
seunny4lif:
Dundalk is cheap now
Just 1 hr from Dublin with Matthews bus or 1:30 with Bus Eire or Train

Buying Nigeria raw food in Dundalk is the problem.
You can see goat to buy self and it’s just 140€ for a full goat

I hope there is still some sort of racial diversity in Dundalk because i am aware that Dundalk is not as diverse as Dublin.
Re: Adventure In Ireland by Dum4christ: 8:01pm On Jul 05, 2020
This is totally correct except for the fact that if you get come in with a CSEP, after two years, you get a stamp 4 and after 3 years in stamp 4, you are eligible to apply for citizenship. So you spend a 5 years altogether to be eligible for citizenship with a CSEP.
ExpressBooking:

If your employer filed for CSEP or GEP for you which is valid for two years each, then u are not permitted to take another employment until you have worked one year for that employer. And when you arrive Ireland on these permits you get stamp 1 permission for both. Then after 2 years on CSEP you move to stamp 4, while you have to be on GEP for 5 years to be able to go to stamp 4.

Then while you are on stamp 4 which is PR, you are eligible to apply for citizenship after 5 years. Nobody gets stamp 4 by just getting a job from Nigeria. You can only get a stamp 4 on a shorter route if you are married to an Irish or EU citizen legally residing in Ireland.

Stamp 3 is for spouses or dependants of Stamp 1(excluding CSEP holder) and stamp 4 holders. Any holder of stamp 3 requires DSEP to work.

Spouses of stamp 1 holders under CSEP gets stamp 1G which enables them to work without employment permit.

Stamp 2 and 2A are for students and are not part of reckonable residence towards PR

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 8:04pm On Jul 05, 2020
Danny6552:
Chiggs hwfar .. hope you are doing good .. How is racism in Ireland
I'm good o, Racism isn't as glaring as the one in US,
These guys don't have stress for that. The the Guards don't care, I've made lots of mistakes here on the road, especially as they drive on the left here, I once charged into an oncoming traffic with a bike, I wasn't used to the road yet and was enjoying the cruise. I don't wear the visibility vest that cyclist are supposed to wear, even their citizens don't either, ive not been stopped.

I am yet to me stopped by anyone to check if I'm legal.

I know there's institutional racism, but I have to get their passport to feel it, might come in the time to get a mortgage, loan, or a Full time job, but my naija folks here are pushing. I told you guys how I went to a church here and felt ashamed cos I was almost the only one that was walking. I was so glad for the spirit within that told me not to cycle. Lol
The ushers might shoo me when I pull up. Lol.

Omo dating a black girl here, e go hard............

5 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 8:09pm On Jul 05, 2020
ExpressBooking:

Just seeing this, i really haven't have time to read through the thread.
Thank you for the detailed information.
Re: Adventure In Ireland by Vinnyx(m): 10:07pm On Jul 05, 2020
Chiggsglover:

Just seeing this, i really haven't have time to read through the thread.
Thank you for the detailed information.

I'm Finally done reading. i read all the posts from the beginning of this thread to the end, it took me a few days but i did, really love this thread

And you are doing a great job here chiggsglover. Good luck on all and I hope to migrate to Europe or any good foreign country when I'm done with my studies in Nigeria. Bless up and thanks for this information, you and all the other members who've contributed are one in a million.

3 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Pearlyfaze: 12:45am On Jul 06, 2020
Thank you Chiggslover and all other Gurus in the House, this thread is educative. I would love to relocate to English speaking European Country. Ireland/UK to be specific.

Please i will like to know What are the easiest/cheapest way to legally relocate to these place and How to go about it.

2. Between Ireland and UK which would you advice for a family whose wife is a nurse with over 15years experience in Nigeria and Hubby a Data Analyst with 7years Experience as a Bank Customer Service Officer and Currently two years as a Business Analyst with an Agribusiness Firm and Two kids between 5&8years old.

Thank you as I look forward to your candid Advice.

2 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by seunny4lif(m): 2:21am On Jul 06, 2020
grin
Go to curryPC joor cheesy
You will small freezers for under 160€
Goat sweet ooooh grin
Chiggsglover:

Hahaha, I'm not like you Old Gs that have big freezers in your house. Abeg o.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) ... (94) (Reply)

Likely Questions By Usa Consular During Interview For Tourist Visa And Response / *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** / Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!!

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.