Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,086 members, 7,818,258 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:20 AM

Adventure In Ireland - Travel (42) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Adventure In Ireland (197308 Views)

What Is Like Studying In Sweden As An African. A Nairalander Adventure In Sweden / Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) / My 2017 Summer And Fall Adventure In Canada (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (94) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Lacrimossa2020: 11:32pm On Jun 21, 2020
See the guy post 1

1 Like

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Lacrimossa2020: 11:34pm On Jun 21, 2020
See the *Irish* guy post 2. Seems to be very active on romance thread only. May tell you of the kinda person we are talking about.

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Dwebb55: 1:54pm On Jun 22, 2020
inzenita:
Please my question is this..do they allow someone to stay back in the country after schooling or must one come back to Nigeria?do they give post graduate work permit?

Depending on your level of study, post graduate work permit is given. A BSc is 1 year PGWP while an MSc and above is 2 years PGWP.

1 Like

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 8:19pm On Jun 22, 2020
It will shock you all about the visual effects of these two shots.
I took them at night within a minute.
It will appear as tho I took the first one during the day and came back to take the second one.
Phones have really advanced so fast that the older generation can't keep up easily. It's bored kids who are on the hunt for new experience that are able to sit and with lots of trial and error master the smartphones. Then they teach their parents. Lol. Yes we teach our parents.
When my dad got his first car. We were all excited. My dad saw it as a medium to move from point a to point b. I saw it as a mystery that needed to be unlocked.
We had an isolated place where it was parked. Everyday after I get home from school.
I would grab the keys and rush to the car. Pressing every button, trying to see what they do.
My dad even upto now doesn't take the car to work. His friend takes him. He doesn't like to drive in the rush hour to VI. He prefers to relax, sleep and chat away. I think I got the trait from him.
He only drives for leisure. Taking the family to church on Sunday.
Then he takes me to work on Saturdays as I'm the only son, for just a few hours when he has some spill overs. The road is always free. I grab my laptop to download games and movies of up 75gig with the wifi. Lol.
So basically the car is mine during the weekdays, I'll fiddle and press press. I mastered the electronics that I became his first mate. He always prefer me in the front passenger sit then.
My mum had to sit at the back and envy me then till my dad mastered the controls. Women and front passenger sit eh.
Parents know how to use resources and time out to keep us in check.
Why can't we use our technical know how in showing them how to operate phones to let them do our bidding. Yes we can.
Phones can seriously frustrate them, they'll be loyal then and ask for our help. We can then smile and make our request known, haha.
But it's not happening because of experience.
Our parents are super smart. This is why an an uneducated man can hire both the learned and educated to do biddings.
I heard sometime that dangote hired PhD holders to drive his truck.

From the pictures, I took the first one with the flash on, the second one was taken without the flash on but with the aid of the streetlights. After I saw it some days later, I thought I went back in the morning to snap it again until I checked the date.

In this country, they warn about things like this. After mopping the floor in a place where people pass like in an eatery or bank hall. They always put a sign. I'll snap one I have in my kitchen so you'll see what I mean. If one slips especially the elderly and fall and break his bones, that establishment will be sued.
Paint hazards can happen too. Getting the stains off my clothes will be a huge hassle. So we see warnings like.

I'd like to know if we have such in Nigeria.
Put that in the comment section.

Because when I was there jan, I no see o.
These are the things that bring our life expectancy low.
A 1000 ways to die.....:-)
Our leaders will come here see this things and commot eye.

9 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 9:07pm On Jun 22, 2020
Dwebb55:

Depending on your level of study, post graduate work permit is given. A BSc is 1 year PGWP while an MSc and above is 2 years PGWP.

Well said
Thanks for the answer.
Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 9:09pm On Jun 22, 2020
Lacrimossa2020:
See the *Irish* guy post 2. Seems to be very active on romance thread only. May tell you of the kinda person we are talking about.
This qualify as kinks, I've seen a lot here.
Re: Adventure In Ireland by skylane: 10:05pm On Jun 22, 2020
please anybody can help a brother sick and hungry no out is too small,2219365402 zenith
Re: Adventure In Ireland by seunmohmoh(f): 10:38pm On Jun 22, 2020
skylane:
please anybody can help a brother sick and hungry no out is too small,2219365402 zenith
shooo. Wrong thread!!

1 Like

Re: Adventure In Ireland by skylane: 10:57pm On Jun 22, 2020
seunmohmoh:
shooo. Wrong thread!!
thank you sorry for inconveniences
Re: Adventure In Ireland by Samuelsegs: 9:23am On Jun 23, 2020
Chiggsglover:
It will appear as tho I took the first one during the day and came back to take the second one.
Phones have really advanced so fast that the older generation can't keep up easily. It's bored kids who are on the hunt for new experience that are able to sit and with lots of trial and error master the smartphones. Then they teach their parents. Lol. Yes we teach our parents.
When my dad got his first car. We were all excited. My dad saw it as a medium to move from point a to point b. I saw it as a mystery that needed to be unlocked.
We had an isolated place where it was parked. Everyday after I get home from school.
I would grab the keys and rush to the car. Pressing every button, trying to see what they do.
My dad even upto now doesn't take the car to work. His friend takes him. He doesn't like to drive in the rush hour to VI. He prefers to relax, sleep and chat away. I think I got the trait from him.
Then he takes me to work on Saturdays as I'm the only son, for just a few hours when he has some spill overs. The road is always free. I grab my laptop to download games and movies of up 75gig with the wifi. Lol.
So basically the car is mine during the weekdays, I'll fiddle and press press. I mastered the electronics that I became his first mate. He always prefer me in the front passenger sit then.
My mum had to sit at the back and envy me then till my dad mastered the controls. Women and front passenger sit eh.
Why can't we use our technical know how in showing them how to operate phones to let them do our bidding. Yes we can.
Phones can seriously frustrate them, they'll be loyal then and ask for our help. We can then smile and make our request known, haha.
Our parents are super smart. This is why an an uneducated man can hire both the learned and educated to do biddings.

From the pictures, I took the first one with the flash on, the second one was taken without the flash on but with the aid of the streetlights. After I saw it some days later, I thought I went back in the morning to snap it again until I checked the date.

In this country, they warn about things like this. After mopping the floor in a place where people pass like in an eatery or bank hall. They always put a sign. I'll snap one I have in my kitchen so you'll see what I mean. If one slips especially the elderly and fall and break his bones, that establishment will be sued.
Paint hazards can happen too. Getting the stains off my clothes will be a huge hassle. So we see warnings like.

Thanks for the update.... ya doing a great work.. so you're back to DUBLIN

1 Like

Re: Adventure In Ireland by wowdiva: 11:10am On Jun 23, 2020
Chiggsglover:

Put that in the comment section

For Where! Not that I have seen though

1 Like

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Nobody: 1:32pm On Jun 23, 2020
Chiggsglover:

You expect Nigerians to put *wet floor* for you ?? LMAO .. omo this country na OYO oo .. if you like fall break head.. Hand and leg .. nobody go answer you .. if you fall you stand up clean body .. LMAO �

3 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by BabajhideySammy: 3:02pm On Jun 23, 2020
Danny6552:

You expect Nigerians to put *wet floor* for you ?? LMAO .. omo this country na OYO oo .. if you like fall break head.. Hand and leg .. nobody go answer you .. if you fall you stand up clean body .. LMAO �
But we have, there’s this yellow planks they put that have the “wet floor” clearly inscribed on them in banks, restaurants, hotels and malls. I have also seen that of wet pain as well.

6 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 6:43pm On Jun 24, 2020
Danny6552:

One thing here is that elderly folks here are so independent. Very very independent.
As long as they don't have stroke and can get up. You'll see them up and about gardening, getting groceries with that contraption I showed you, cooking and taking great care of their house.
So wet floors will be a huge hazard to them.
I can remember in Nigeria, when I was very young, and there's a stone or any sharp object in the foot path, It's the elderly folks that pick them up. Not only for the little children that run around happily but for themselves. If they roll over it and fall. They may never ever get up again. Cos their bones heal very slowly.....
Most elderly folks in Nigeria won't be hustling like the ones here except ofcourse the ones with no one to take care of them and have to struggle for daily food.

4 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 6:43pm On Jun 24, 2020
wowdiva:

For Where! Not that I have seen though
True.

3 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 6:44pm On Jun 24, 2020
Samuelsegs:

Thanks for the update.... ya doing a great work.. so you're back to DUBLIN
Yes oooo.
Thank u
Back to Dublin!

The countryside has its charms.

2 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 6:53pm On Jun 24, 2020
I am particularly glad the MOD of Nairaland have stopped the animal trend. The one where we kill an animal and snap it. It was dreadful. Our wild life is disappearing. Some species can only be found in Nigeria. Once it's gone, it's gone.

I wrote something about that and I just observed that I have stopped seeing it in the front page past few days.
It's a huge relief.

8 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Samuelsegs: 9:04pm On Jun 24, 2020
Chiggsglover:

Yes oooo.
Thank u
Back to Dublin!

The countryside has its charms.

is DUBLIN the best place in IRELAND? , what are the difference you noticed... PICTURES are always welcome chiggsglover don't forget that...

You're doing a great work Nigga

2 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 10:12pm On Jun 25, 2020
Samuelsegs:

is DUBLIN the best place in IRELAND? , what are the difference you noticed... PICTURES are always welcome chiggsglover don't forget that...

You're doing a great work Nigga
Lol
Dublin is quite busy and vibrant. It's the Lagos of Ireland.
There are other busy places also like limerick, cork and galway. They are cheaper to live in.
But it's easier to get a job here.i hear those in galway speak more Gaelic than other parts of Ireland. Enya also has a castle there too.

4 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by GermanyChaser: 10:18pm On Jun 25, 2020
@chiggsglover mehn you are Just to awesome.. I must say I am your biggest fan, your thread really made my day.

2 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 10:22pm On Jun 25, 2020
Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 10:22pm On Jun 25, 2020
GermanyChaser:
@chiggsglover mehn you are Just to awesome.. I must say I am your biggest fan, your thread really made my day.
Hahaha, thank you, you too come n chase Ireland, you're welcome
Re: Adventure In Ireland by GermanyChaser: 10:29pm On Jun 25, 2020
Chiggsglover:

Hahaha, thank you, you too come n chase Ireland, you're welcome

Bro Ireland is kinda expensive yunno.

1 Like

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 10:34pm On Jun 25, 2020
GermanyChaser:

Bro Ireland is kinda expensive yunno.
Same as Germany
Re: Adventure In Ireland by GermanyChaser: 10:45pm On Jun 25, 2020
Chiggsglover:

Same as Germany

Bro not as Ireland. With 5m you can actually process a student visa to Germany inclusive of the 8k euros that has to blocked
Re: Adventure In Ireland by GermanyChaser: 10:49pm On Jun 25, 2020
Op is there no Union of Nigerian student in Ireland? If there is, are you a member?
Re: Adventure In Ireland by plerooma: 2:23pm On Jun 26, 2020
Chiggsglover:

Hahaha,
Yes you can.
Boss thanks for the response,
The information you gave was
really helpful.

1 Like

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Theblink123: 5:59pm On Jun 26, 2020
Finally am done �� i read all the messages from the beginning of this thread to the end, it took me a few days but i did it and i have to say, OP you are doing well. I have never gotten such personal insigts on the irish living experience until i came across this thread, i hope we meet soon although am applying to dundalk but occasionally i can visit dublin so we can chill.
Once again OP keep up the good work.

2 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by dotunibrahim7(m): 7:18pm On Jun 26, 2020
Chiggsglover howfa with Agriculture over there?
Re: Adventure In Ireland by Dwebb55: 7:52pm On Jun 26, 2020
dotunibrahim7:
Chiggsglover howfa with Agriculture over there?

Check the critical skills list for Ireland but I doubt if it is there. Alternatively, try Canada as they have an agricultural immigration scheme which looks good!

2 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by dotunibrahim7(m): 8:50pm On Jun 26, 2020
Dwebb55:

Check the critical skills list for Ireland but I doubt if it is there. Alternatively, try Canada as they have an agricultural immigration scheme which looks good!
thanks boss

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (94) (Reply)

Likely Questions By Usa Consular During Interview For Tourist Visa And Response / *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** / Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!!

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.