Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,073 members, 7,814,712 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:02 PM

Adventure In Ireland - Travel (77) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Adventure In Ireland (196967 Views)

What Is Like Studying In Sweden As An African. A Nairalander Adventure In Sweden / Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) / My 2017 Summer And Fall Adventure In Canada (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) ... (94) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 8:18pm On Dec 23, 2020
Hi
Christmas is upon us already.
I'm part of those that believe that people shouldn't spend Christmas alone.

If you're in Dublin and want to join my little circle for Christmas. You're welcome. I actually organised something just to ensure that my acquaintances are not alone in the Christmas. I have lots of invitation myself and it was tough picking.... however I have the evening for the rest of my friends.
It's just great that all genders are welcome. No male will be hitting on you if you are a lady. They now know better through my enlightenment and would be more curious to other nationality.
Holla me if interested

8 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Doodoo10: 10:37pm On Dec 23, 2020
Chiggsglover:
Hi

If you're in Dublin and want to join my little circle for Christmas. You're welcome. I actually organised something just to ensure that my acquaintances are not alone in the Christmas. I have lots of invitation myself and it was tough picking.... however I have the evening for the rest of my friends.
It's just great that all genders are welcome. No male will be hitting on you if you are a lady. They now know better through my enlightenment and would be more curious to other nationality.
Holla me if interested

Finally I'm at the last page, right from the very first beginning of your humble journey. To be frank I'm planning on going to UK for my masters programme but with all that I read here, I am beginning to feel that IRELAND and UK are almost the same in such a way that I'd prefer IRELAND as my second option now.

Pending when I begin the process, next year, I will be getting more information from you.

Nonetheless, do update us on how the get together went.

P.s, you mentioned something about girlfriend, ☺, have you gotten one now? ☺

1 Like

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Thermodynamics(m): 11:32pm On Dec 23, 2020
Hello, the course I want to study at the Republic of Ireland (Dublin) is a part time course. I'm planning to work while studying, I want to know of international part time student are allowed to work while studying at the Republic of Ireland.
Re: Adventure In Ireland by verine: 9:54pm On Dec 24, 2020
Chiggsglover:
Hi

Holla me if interested

Hello Bro! Merry Christmas to you �
I trust you are having a great holiday.
Please a little inquiry, I’m moving to Dublin first week in January, Please do you know of an affordable hotel/accommodation for the 2weeks quarantine? Plus any room or shared apartment for rent from January?
I would really appreciate your response. Thanks, best regards!
Re: Adventure In Ireland by seunny4lif(m): 10:20pm On Dec 24, 2020
Part-time course in Ireland?
Are you already in Ireland?
If not then it’s not possible because international student is not allow to do part time study
Thermodynamics:
Hello, the course I want to study at the Republic of Ireland (Dublin) is a part time course. I'm planning to work while studying, I want to know of international part time student are allowed to work while studying at the Republic of Ireland.

2 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by seunny4lif(m): 10:21pm On Dec 24, 2020
Check Facebook
It’s easy and fast
verine:

Hello Bro! Merry Christmas to you �
I trust you are having a great holiday.
Please a little inquiry, I’m moving to Dublin first week in January, Please do you know of an affordable hotel/accommodation for the 2weeks quarantine? Plus any room or shared apartment for rent from January?
I would really appreciate your response. Thanks, best regards!
Re: Adventure In Ireland by seunny4lif(m): 10:24pm On Dec 24, 2020
Please, don’t you ever compare hell and heaven
Nigeria is really hell worst place to live
Senegal has better network than Nigeria
We were using WIFI at home in Senegal
themaestro08:

Great thread! By the way, you mean you get 1TB at €20? That's roughly 14k naira. Meanwhile Here in Nigeria MTN only gives 75GB @ 20k.

We're fuucked man.

4 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by 25naira(m): 10:57pm On Dec 24, 2020
Chiggsglover:
Hi

Holla me if interested
merry Christmas and happy birthday in arrears cheesy
that's double celebration for us cool
remain blessed.
Re: Adventure In Ireland by Fidelismaria: 8:56am On Dec 25, 2020
Merry Christmas chiggsglover.

We're patiently waiting for the Christmas get together pics.

2 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by 25naira(m): 9:34pm On Dec 25, 2020
Hahaha..
@fidelismaria
Chiggsglover should be enjoying himself right now and u are already waiting for the after parté grin

BTW, merry Christmas to every follower of this thread cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 12:03pm On Dec 26, 2020
About yesterday, Christmas.

I want to wish Everyone on this thread Merry Christmas. I'll tell you how my Christmas went.

7 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 12:04pm On Dec 26, 2020
On my way to the party. I was picked from my house.
Had to do some calls in the morning and for working, I got double pay. Yes, when you work on holidays, you get Double the amount of money. It's an incentive to encourage people to work, the show must go on. I was asked to work more, but I had to decline.

I got an invitation to join their family Christmas party. Although I planned to host some of my other friends, that would have been a breach of the Christmas regulations. The irish government wanted no more than two households to meet. With me joining the party. That was already two.

Second picture, dinner loading!!!!!!!!

tongue

8 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 12:06pm On Dec 26, 2020
First picture is a Christmas crackers on my table
It's a game, it has gifts in the middle, and two people hold both ends. Anyone that pulls the gift alone gets it. And when you pull it, it makes a pop sound.
I won my first game, should have claimed the victory and not play again. I got cocky and played the second time. Of course it didn't end in Praise, I lost. This is why I hate gambling!!!! cry

Second pic is the first course. Before this, we had a glass of Champagne.
On my plate is steak, chicken breast, stuffing, irish potatoes of course, gravy, and.....i couldn't finish this. I would have cleared it if I was alone. I noticed they all stopped eating when they were halfway. I dropped my folk and knife o.
Before they think I'm starving.

One amazing thing was that they kept the drinks outside, close to the glass door, natural freezer, if you know you know.
One amazing thing was that they didn't allow me to get up from my chair. They were so independent. Anything I wanted I got. Just like in a restaurant. I was pampered. This was a lovely Christmas tbh. Christmas at home is back breaking as my sis keep shouting Equality. If I no help them, I won't eat Christmas food o. Hian

Young girls of these days, they cannot do anything. Gf is lazy Gan. E weak me. I would have said I will go to Nigeria....that one is worse. It feels amazing to get things handed to you as a man. You see an old woman of 83 still running around to fill up my cup with tea and I begin to wonder. One of my client who is in her 40, still pour in the tea for her teenage sun.

11 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 12:08pm On Dec 26, 2020
Christmas gifts before Christmas..... I would have said they were small sha. But I'm only less than a year and I got this amount of gifts.
Gf got enough to fill a huge traveling bag. I won't compare, if I can receive this amount on my first year here, why will I compare with someone whos bee
here all her life Hahahaha.

I try sha. In Nigeria, apart from food, no one gives Christmas gifts. The entitled GF in Nigeria have found a way to get it. By fire by force.

10 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 12:11pm On Dec 26, 2020
I got these on Christmas day

They attached the receipt to the hoodie just incase I don't like it.
I'm not a hoodie fan, ill go and return it. You'll never catch me in a tracksuit.....

9 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 12:15pm On Dec 26, 2020
Fidelismaria:
Merry Christmas chiggsglover.

We're patiently waiting for the Christmas get together pics.
Get together couldn't hold yet, I was really engaged in my first irish Christmas party.

4 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 12:17pm On Dec 26, 2020
25naira:
Hahaha..
@fidelismaria
Chiggsglover should be enjoying himself right now and u are already waiting for the after parté grin

BTW, merry Christmas to every follower of this thread cheesy
Enjoyment on another level.

I'm also following the thread too grin cool

2 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 12:54pm On Dec 26, 2020
seunny4lif:
Part-time course in Ireland?
Are you already in Ireland?
If not then it’s not possible because international student is not allow to do part time study
Thanks long time boss

2 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 12:54pm On Dec 26, 2020
seunny4lif:
Please, don’t you ever compare hell and heaven
Nigeria is really hell worst place to live
Senegal has better network than Nigeria
We were using WIFI at home in Senegal
Wow
Naija bad o
Re: Adventure In Ireland by Fidelismaria: 12:58pm On Dec 26, 2020
True though.

Nobody gives Christmas gift in naija.

Have never gotten one and have never given one too.

But why did you stop eating when they all stopped too?

If na me walai I go finish the whole plate.

3 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by seunny4lif(m): 1:25pm On Dec 26, 2020
No see
Merry Christmas cool
Chiggsglover:

Thanks long time boss

1 Like

Re: Adventure In Ireland by 25naira(m): 10:28pm On Dec 26, 2020
abeg chiggsglover enjoy biko...
this is the REAL christmas celebration grin
Check out the serenity na kiss shocked

My turn is on the way abeg, just a matter of time cool

6 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by 25naira(m): 10:35pm On Dec 26, 2020
Chiggsglover:

Enjoyment on another level.

I'm also following the thread too grin cool

God bless you nwanne, all my sorrows just disappear each time i come here smiley

2 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by encryptjay(m): 12:16am On Dec 27, 2020
Nice Christmas celebration cool
Love everywhere

4 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by themaestro08(m): 6:10am On Dec 27, 2020
Chiggsglover:
I got these on Christmas day

They attached the receipt to the hoodie just incase I don't like it.
I'm not a hoodie fan, ill go and return it. You'll never catch me in a tracksuit.....

You u are doing well bro cool.... A grew thread I must say.

Merry Christmas to you.

2 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by badmanjo(m): 9:17am On Dec 27, 2020
This is what I call Christmas mehnn, Soo as Dem rush you with gift, your GF sef try mehn.... Spirit of Xmas all the way

Chiggsglover:
Christmas gifts before Christmas..... I would have said they were small sha. But I'm only less than a year and I got this amount of gifts. Gf hot enough to fill a huge traveling bag. Hahahaha.

I try sha. In Nigeria, apart from food, no one gives Christmas gifts. The entitled GF in Nigeria have found a way to get it. By fire by force.

4 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Nobody: 10:47am On Dec 27, 2020
So anybody living in Canada, is living inside deep freezer grin grin

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 4:39pm On Dec 27, 2020
Fidelismaria:
True though.

Nobody gives Christmas gift in naija.

Have never gotten one and have never given one too.

But why did you stop eating when they all stopped too?

If na me walai I go finish the whole plate.

Lol, if you have watched the movie, Victoria and Abdul, you notice the rest of the guest that was invited to the Queens Golden Jubilee stops when the queen drops her cutlery. You can't even continue because the servants are standing behind to clear the table for the next course.

In an ideal dinner in Europe, there's at least three course; the appetizers, the main course and dessert. In this Christmas dinner, we had Four course

I also got gift in cash. Everything in total was about €190. Including a gift card from my company to shop in specific shops.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 4:40pm On Dec 27, 2020
seunny4lif:
No see
Merry Christmas cool
Same bro, you still dey alive?
Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 4:41pm On Dec 27, 2020
25naira:
abeg chiggsglover enjoy biko...
this is the REAL christmas celebration grin
Check out the serenity na kiss shocked

My turn is on the way abeg, just a matter of time cool
Amen brother, you need to see this.

2 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 4:42pm On Dec 27, 2020
25naira:

God bless you nwanne, all my sorrows just disappear each time i come here smiley
Hahahaha, I'm glad you feel that way.

2 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 4:48pm On Dec 27, 2020
encryptjay:
Nice Christmas celebration cool
Love everywhere
This is the tradition in Europe. The gift thing is also a form of appreciation. You're supposed to give things out to your music teacher, school teacher, driver, security men, regular delivery men, doctor, it might be box of sweet, chocolate or even Christmas. Some give bottle of wine also.

Just as the rich kill animals and share in Nigeria. We hope we get to that stage where quenching hunger is no more a way to celebrate Christmas. The irish themselves used to share pigs, cow parts as a way to celebrate Christmas. Ireland once had a terrible famine caused by Britain.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) ... (94) (Reply)

Likely Questions By Usa Consular During Interview For Tourist Visa And Response / *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** / Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!!

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.