Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,023 members, 7,818,025 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:08 AM

Am An Internal Auditor Under I.T ...I Need Advice - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Am An Internal Auditor Under I.T ...I Need Advice (302 Views)

My Chinese Boss Keeps Making About 40% Deductions From My Salary. I Need Advice / Need Advice On Salary At My New Job / My Job Is Making Me Suicidal.. Pls I Need Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Am An Internal Auditor Under I.T ...I Need Advice by DhanBaba(m): 9:06pm On Mar 20, 2020
Pls people of God and More knowledge people I need advice..
I have an Executive Director (ED).. Admin Officer..Member of the Board of trustee..Accounting officer who was a corper but has finished her service

I serve as an internal Auditor under the course of doing my IT under an organization...There is a problem am facing now...
I normally cross check source document with bank statement
One photocopy of cheque and a source document relating a transaction of 150,000 been spent was missing from file in wish all voucher of money been spent is been kept...

But the spending of the 150,000 reflect on the bank statement which means that the money was spent..but source document is not missing

I asked the Admin on the missing document but she can find it..and she told me to just add the amount to some other expenses.that she don't want any other trouble with the ED.and that the Resigned corper is not an accounting student which means she is not knowledgeable in accounts..

And I worked for the Member of trustees..which means I report to them directly...

And the Admin office is already having issues with the ED...the ED is frustrating her seriously
And the corper is not around..she has finished her service with us...

If i report to the ED the admin office may loses her likelihood

Should I report to the Member of trustees or Do as the Admin officer do

Advice...
Re: Am An Internal Auditor Under I.T ...I Need Advice by Lescott7(m): 7:31am On Mar 21, 2020
As an internal auditor or external auditor, the first thing you do in situation like this is too seek clarification. If the officers in question can give a reasonable explanation, fine! If they can't, you report to the Audit committee of the board of directors or whoever you are answerable too. You don't have to cover anything, if you do and the external auditor discovers during the statutory audit, it won't go well.

1 Like

Re: Am An Internal Auditor Under I.T ...I Need Advice by DhanBaba(m): 12:23pm On Mar 21, 2020
Thanks ...for the advice

(1) (Reply)

How To Start Tomato Paste Production Business In Africa. / VACANCY: UAC Of Nigeria PLC Job Recruitment For 2 Positions / The Ugly Truth About Making Money Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.