Stats: 3,152,729 members, 7,816,996 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:33 PM

Girl Allegedly Commits Suicide After Being Accused Of Theft By Her Mother - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Girl Allegedly Commits Suicide After Being Accused Of Theft By Her Mother (967 Views)

Man Plunges Into Lagos River Over Allegations Of Theft / False Accusation Of Theft: New Fraud In Town / Dog Killed In Port-Harcourt After Being Accused Of Transforming From A Man. PICS (2) (3) (4)

Girl Allegedly Commits Suicide After Being Accused Of Theft By Her Mother by liltee123(m): 3:49pm On Mar 21, 2020
A young girl named Angel Obas, has allegedly committed suicide after her mother allegedly accused her of theft at their home in Sapele, Delta state.

According to Sapele Oghenek, the young girl lived with her mum at Ugberikoko road in the city. On Tuesday March 17th, the mother of the deceased reportedly accused her of stealing some money she kept in their house. In anger, Angel was said to have taken up a bottle of herbicide and drank it.

She was rushed to the Delta State University Teaching Hospital in Oghara in Delta state where she eventually died on Friday March 20th.

''Anger na very bad thing. I dey always dey advise people wey get hot temper say make dem dey always dey control am, because at the end of everything, the damage wey the hot temper go cause go dey very irreplaceable.

Report reach us for studio say few days back nai this girl wey dem dey call Angel Obas wey dem dey stay for Ugberikoko Road for the end of Otuedor by Uko Road, just because say her mother accuse her say na she take money wey dey lose for their house. Based on say she be girl wey get hot temper, nai she go drink chemical wey dem take dey kill grass that on Tuesday. Nai dem rush her go Teaching Hospital for Oghara and na yesterday nai she finally die.

This one na sad news. Who we go blame for the death of this girl'' Sapele Oghenek wrote in pidgin English

https://pressnewsng.com.ng/girl-allegedly-commits-suicide-after-being-accused-of-theft-by-her-mother/

Re: Girl Allegedly Commits Suicide After Being Accused Of Theft By Her Mother by Yenefer(f): 3:51pm On Mar 21, 2020
She put him out like the burnin' end of a midnight cigarette
She broke his heart, he spent his whole life tryin' to forget
We watched him drink his pain away a little at a time
But he never could get drunk enough to get her off his mind
Until the night
He put that bottle to his head and pulled the trigger
And finally drank away her memory
Life is short, but this time it was bigger
Than the strength he had to get up off his knees
We found him with his face down in the pillow
With a note that said, 'I'll love her till I die.'
And when we buried him beneath the willow
The angels sang a whiskey lullaby
The rumors flew but nobody knew how much she blamed herself
For years and years she tried to hide the whiskey on her breath
She finally drank her pain away a little at a time
But she never could get drunk enough to get him off her mind
Until the night
She put that bottle to her head and pulled the trigger
And finally drank away his memory
Life is short, but this time it was bigger
Than the strength she had to get up off her knees
We found her with her face down in the pillow
Clinging to his picture for dear life
We laid her next to him beneath the willow
While the angels sang a whiskey lullaby

Re: Girl Allegedly Commits Suicide After Being Accused Of Theft By Her Mother by JunctionBox: 3:51pm On Mar 21, 2020
Bad
Re: Girl Allegedly Commits Suicide After Being Accused Of Theft By Her Mother by Simplyleo: 3:56pm On Mar 21, 2020
Children rarely lie, and once wrongly accused, their inability to bear sometimes can be very devastating.

Pls, children are very innocent, stop accusing them wrongly.

Re: Girl Allegedly Commits Suicide After Being Accused Of Theft By Her Mother by Humanoid01(m): 3:59pm On Mar 21, 2020
Simplyleo:
Children rarely lie, and once wrongly accused, their inability to bear sometimes can be very devastating.

Children rarely lie? I'm coming across this for the first time.

Re: Girl Allegedly Commits Suicide After Being Accused Of Theft By Her Mother by Kingosytex(m): 4:07pm On Mar 21, 2020
Simplyleo:

At the bolded, this is the most fallacious statement I have ever read.

How you got to that conclusion beats my imagination.

Re: Girl Allegedly Commits Suicide After Being Accused Of Theft By Her Mother by Kingosytex(m): 4:11pm On Mar 21, 2020
This is really disheartening.

Why take one's life? I know it isn't easy to withstand the pains that comes with false allegations especially fro one's relatives, but suicide has never been the solution to any problem.

I'm so short of words...
Re: Girl Allegedly Commits Suicide After Being Accused Of Theft By Her Mother by slickbak(m): 4:11pm On Mar 21, 2020
what a waste embarassed embarassed
Re: Girl Allegedly Commits Suicide After Being Accused Of Theft By Her Mother by AisonShain(f): 5:44pm On Mar 21, 2020
Simplyleo:

Re: Girl Allegedly Commits Suicide After Being Accused Of Theft By Her Mother by Nobody: 8:07pm On Mar 21, 2020
Simplyleo:

On the contrary. Children lie a lot and aee not that innocent. I do agree with you though that nobody shoukd accuse another without very strong evidence. Here we throw accusations around indiscriminately without thinking of how it makes the wrongly accused person feel.
Re: Girl Allegedly Commits Suicide After Being Accused Of Theft By Her Mother by Simplyleo: 8:11pm On Mar 21, 2020
RisenPhoenix:

On the contrary. Children lie a lot and aee not that innocent. I do agree with you though that nobody shoukd accuse another without very strong evidence. Here we throw accusations around indiscriminately without thinking of how it makes the wrongly accused person feel.
Text in bold is the Gospel Truth.

However, the idea that children lie or not is based on individual judgement.

In my own judgement based on my encounter with kids, they dont lie. And where they do, they easily succumb with little pressure. My view though.
Re: Girl Allegedly Commits Suicide After Being Accused Of Theft By Her Mother by EmzyT: 8:31pm On Mar 21, 2020
Simplyleo:

Children rarely lie? shocked are you sure you grew up in Nigeria? shocked Small Pikin wey no reach that girl age go lie for you like Adult you go surprise, you never Jam sad

Re: Girl Allegedly Commits Suicide After Being Accused Of Theft By Her Mother by AisonShain(f): 8:44pm On Mar 21, 2020
Simplyleo:

Text in bold is the Gospel Truth.

However, the idea that children lie or not is based on individual judgement.

In my own judgement based on my encounter with kids, they dont lie. And where they do, they easily succumb with little pressure. My view though.
Re: Girl Allegedly Commits Suicide After Being Accused Of Theft By Her Mother by slyfox35(m): 8:53pm On Mar 21, 2020
Stupid Girl
Re: Girl Allegedly Commits Suicide After Being Accused Of Theft By Her Mother by TRIGITIS: 9:46pm On Mar 21, 2020
Simplyleo:

Share Your Experience If You Were Beaten In Ibadan Yesterday. / Man Was Beaten To Pulp After Trying To Rescue A Wife From Husband & His Friends. / See What Hair Dye Did To A Woman's Eyes