Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,496 members, 7,812,532 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:54 PM

Is Eye Contact A Good Thing? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is Eye Contact A Good Thing? (1376 Views)

Is It A Good Thing For Married Woman To Visit A Man / RE: 4 Out Of 5 Pastors Said She Is My Wife, But We Dont See Eye To Eye / "Divorce Should Be Celebrated, Its Rise Is A Good Thing" - Nkechi Bianze (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Eye Contact A Good Thing? by CapedBaldy: 8:26pm On Mar 21, 2020
I don't have much experience conversing with people due to my introverted (reserved) nature but when I try to talking to people I like to look them in the eye. The thing is when I make eye contact they always look away and get uncomfortable. Now I'm not sure if I should make eye contact cos I don't want to come across as weird.
Re: Is Eye Contact A Good Thing? by Nobody: 8:31pm On Mar 21, 2020
It is a good thing.
It shows confidence whether the person is right or wrong.

1 Like

Re: Is Eye Contact A Good Thing? by Ay04z(m): 8:33pm On Mar 21, 2020
I hate eye contact.
Re: Is Eye Contact A Good Thing? by NextD18: 8:35pm On Mar 21, 2020
U never serious.

2 Likes

Re: Is Eye Contact A Good Thing? by chii8(f): 8:38pm On Mar 21, 2020
I maintain eye contact mostly with females or males that I'm very familiar with
Re: Is Eye Contact A Good Thing? by 123business: 8:42pm On Mar 21, 2020
Eye contact is good. You can tell about a person from their eyes.
Re: Is Eye Contact A Good Thing? by Nobody: 9:11pm On Mar 21, 2020
CapedBaldy:
I don't have much experience conversing with people due to my introverted (reserved) nature but when I try to talking to people I like to look them in the eye. The thing is when I make eye contact they always look away and get uncomfortable. Now I'm not sure if I should make eye contact cos I don't want to come across as weird.

Ask Saitama

1 Like

Re: Is Eye Contact A Good Thing? by Bobcygan: 9:34pm On Mar 21, 2020
Are u a female, do u av a bigger eye ball, whitish sclera? If d answeris yes u need to learn to reduce the eye contact
Re: Is Eye Contact A Good Thing? by CapedBaldy: 10:43pm On Mar 21, 2020
M00N:

Ask Saitama
lol
Re: Is Eye Contact A Good Thing? by CapedBaldy: 10:44pm On Mar 21, 2020
Bobcygan:
Are u a female, do u av a bigger eye ball, whitish sclera? If d answeris yes u need to learn to reduce the eye contact
I'm a guy with small eyes
Re: Is Eye Contact A Good Thing? by Sexyliciousbri: 11:05pm On Mar 21, 2020
Yes eye contact is important but sometime it gets freaky if the person you are talking to hardly ever blinks and they just keep staring at you

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Eye Contact A Good Thing? by greyce: 3:05am On Mar 22, 2020
I find it hard to maintain eye contact with people, maybe because I'm kinda shy. I can't last up to a minute and I end up staring at something else especially when the other person keeps staring like he/she is trying to unravel my secrets grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Eye Contact A Good Thing? by rain21(f): 4:59am On Mar 22, 2020
don't stare directly in the eyes.., you can try looking at the forehead instead or somewhere between the eyes of whoever you are conversing with
Re: Is Eye Contact A Good Thing? by ZhiosonWind: 6:02am On Mar 22, 2020
rain21:
don't stare directly in the eyes.., you can try looking at the forehead instead or somewhere between the eyes of whoever you are conversing with
I prefer looking at the beast and her eyes at intervals so that she'll know what's up.

Psychologically she will get the message...
Re: Is Eye Contact A Good Thing? by Mindlog: 6:08am On Mar 22, 2020
Though many of us were socialized not to look people in the eye especially older ones as it is regarded as a sign of disrespect but truth is that eye contact itself is very fundamental in communication. Back in school, we were trained to look people in the eye without making them feel uncomfortable because it is one of the key tool needed in our line of work.

There is a difference between staring and making eye contact.

2 Likes

Re: Is Eye Contact A Good Thing? by Nobody: 7:17am On Mar 24, 2020
Be gentle with it.
Re: Is Eye Contact A Good Thing? by Winneygirl(f): 8:16am On Mar 24, 2020
You're starring, that's why they become uncomfortable.
Look in the eye, and look away. Allow your eyes to roam, not have them fixated on the other person.
Re: Is Eye Contact A Good Thing? by faithfull18(f): 12:26pm On Mar 24, 2020
Yes.
Re: Is Eye Contact A Good Thing? by ekitimanalways(m): 8:55pm On Mar 24, 2020
greyce:
I find it hard to maintain eye contact with people, maybe because I'm kinda shy. I can't last up to a minute and I end up staring at something else especially[b] when the other person keeps staring like he/she is trying to unravel my secrets grin grin[/b] cheesy
Re: Is Eye Contact A Good Thing? by Ishilove: 9:10pm On Mar 24, 2020
Maintain eye contact for a few seconds then look away. Do this throughout the duration of your conversation with them so you don't come across as weird. When you lock your eyes on them they become uncomfortable
Re: Is Eye Contact A Good Thing? by Abcruz(m): 2:37pm On Mar 25, 2020
Looking at people in the eye when conversing with them is a sure sign of confidence.

(1) (Reply)

My Sister Died In My Hands After Childbirth, I'm Now A Father -man Recounts / sit / See REAL REASONS Why Women Deny Their Husbands Sex.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.