|Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 2,757,549 members, 6,553,509 topics. Date: Sunday, 24 October 2021 at 08:31 AM
Are The Kids Good Enough Reason To Endure & Stay An Abusive Marriage? / Man Impregnates His Sister In-law To Punish His "Abusive" Wife / Nigerian Lady Narrates How Her Father Saved Her From An Abusive Marriage (2) (3) (4)
|How To Get Out Of An Abusive Relationship by HelpeeDeck(m): 4:10pm On Mar 22, 2020|
Your safety is the most important thing!
Do not, under any circumstances, alert the abuser that you are going to leave, that you want a divorce, or that you are taking the kids. Even if your partner has never laid a hand on you before, announcing that you are leaving is often the trigger to push a controlling, abusive person over the edge. More important than the other person’s feelings, or what other people will say or think about you, is your own personal safety. You must come first.
Your heart may tell you that you’re being mean, cold, or insensitive; but your gut is telling you that you need to get out. Follow your gut and deal with your heart another time.
Preparing To Leave:
* Keep any evidence of physical abuse, such as pictures of injuries.
* Keep a journal of all violent incidences, noting dates, events and threats made, if possible. Keep your journal in a safe place.
* Know where you can go to get help. Tell someone what is happening to you.
* If you are injured, go to a doctor or an emergency room and report what happened to you. Ask that they document your visit.
* Plan with your children and identify a safe place for them, like a room with a lock or a friend’s house where they can go for help. Reassure them that their job is to stay safe, not to protect you.
* Contact your local shelter and find out about laws and other resources available to you before you have to use them during a crisis.
*Try to set money aside or ask friends or family members to hold money for you.
If you are having issues in your family or relationship,if you need a counseling and someone responsible to seek advice from, you can send a mail to Helpeedeck@gmail.com . be rest assure some matured minds will reply back to your mails in a loving and kind manner, without judging you.
|Re: How To Get Out Of An Abusive Relationship by frozen70(f): 4:53pm On Mar 22, 2020|
If men takes their wife as their sister, there won't be any quarell
They just want to Lord you, even if it means using forces
|Re: How To Get Out Of An Abusive Relationship by HelpeeDeck(m): 7:06pm On Mar 22, 2020|
I understand, is vice versa
|Re: How To Get Out Of An Abusive Relationship by MrBrownJay1(m): 7:12pm On Mar 22, 2020|
how difficult must it be....?!
|Re: How To Get Out Of An Abusive Relationship by frozen70(f): 7:36pm On Mar 22, 2020|
|Re: How To Get Out Of An Abusive Relationship by Nobody: 9:44pm On Mar 22, 2020|
Never leave in a rush without building your own support group.
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2021 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34