Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,433 members, 7,836,738 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:06 PM

Socialite Government Minister seen Out & About, Mocking Social Distancing - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Socialite Government Minister seen Out & About, Mocking Social Distancing (538 Views)

After Mosquito Bite In Nigeria,Australian Socialite Has Both Feets Amputated(pic / Social Distancing In Vehicles: How Are You Coping With Transportation Fare?? / No Social Distancing In Lagos This Morning; Ikorodu BRT Terminal. PHOTOS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Socialite Government Minister seen Out & About, Mocking Social Distancing by TMKsouth: 4:13pm On Mar 22, 2020
VIDEO 10 seconds long
https://twitter.com/i/status/1241287913243115520

SA Social Development Minister Lindiwe Zulu has apologised for a video posted on social media showing her out and about and joking about finding it difficult to stay home during the novel coronavirus outbreak.

In the video, which started circulating on Twitter on Saturday morning, Zulu is filmed in a public area, commenting on the difficulty of staying home.

In a lackadaisical manner, the minister says: "Stay at home if you can, I am finding it difficult to stay at home."

Zulu faced calls for a public apology after the video was circulated on social media.

This is in the midst of calls by government to practice social distancing to curb the spread of Covid-19.

On Sunday SA recorded 274 cases to date.

The Presidency is yet to respond to the incident.

Re: Socialite Government Minister seen Out & About, Mocking Social Distancing by TMKsouth: 6:09pm On Mar 22, 2020
THE APOLOGY

"I Ms Lindiwe Zulu, Minister of Social Development, have noted the comments around the video posted on my Instagram page where I stated that the ‘the virus must go away’ and that I was having a hard time staying at home,

"I wish to mention that together with all South Africans, I am also frustrated with our current situation and how this epidemic continues to cripple our economy and our social system.

“My statement does not in anyway seem to undermine the severity of the virus. I wish to reiterate my commitment to the guidelines and safety precautions as prescribed by President Cyril Ramaphosa.

“I, hereby, wish to apologise to South Africa for this video. As the President and my other Minister colleagues have said, we should not panic but should understand the severity of the situation and we have to do all we can to beat this virus and bring our economy back to sustainability
,”
Re: Socialite Government Minister seen Out & About, Mocking Social Distancing by WannaHowzit(m): 8:38pm On Mar 22, 2020
Foot in mouth disease
Re: Socialite Government Minister seen Out & About, Mocking Social Distancing by chukxie(m): 10:51am On Mar 23, 2020
Someone should kindly 'dash' her uncle Coro because it appears she's willing to get infected. May Coronavirus fall on her.
Re: Socialite Government Minister seen Out & About, Mocking Social Distancing by TMKsouth: 12:28pm On Mar 23, 2020
chukxie:
Someone should kindly 'dash' her uncle Coro because it appears she's willing to get infected. May Coronavirus fall on her.

She's a true blonde. Please forgive her.

Re: Socialite Government Minister seen Out & About, Mocking Social Distancing by chukxie(m): 12:35pm On Mar 23, 2020
TMKsouth:

She's a true blonde. Please forgive her.

Hahaha!
She should first forgive herself for taking her life and that of her loved ones, friends, colleagues...for granted.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

See Egypt From The Streets As A First Visitor / Is It Safe To Travel To Ivory Coast Now? / Help Me Out On This Visa Issue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.