Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,130 members, 7,814,948 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:22 AM

Ethnic Violence Breaks Out In Central Nigeria - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ethnic Violence Breaks Out In Central Nigeria (4100 Views)

Fighting Breaks Out At Abuja IDP Camp / Violence Breaks Out At APC Headquarters In Abuja / Riot Breaks Out In Kaduna (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ethnic Violence Breaks Out In Central Nigeria by rhymz(m): 1:07pm On Dec 28, 2010
I dont care what any muslim thinks, there is sth inherently violent about islam.
People are brainwashed enmass and given justifications to commit acts of terror on so-called infidels. How can anyone downplay the religious undertones of the Xmas bombings and pass it away as mere political sabotage. That is arrant nonsense, extremist muslims and fanatics have continued to abuse the privilege of that excuse, it is no coincidence that a majority of the perpetrators of this heinous acts are islamist fundamentalists that ve their ideology deeply rooted in the Quorans and other islamic extreme teachings. It is high time the islamic community took responsibilities for the social misnomer and miscarriages of their religeously alienating teachings. They should stop venting out and dragging their feet when the obvious is pointed out to them, instead of explaining away the scourge, they should own up and start making changes to their teachings of islam that always verges on extremism and intolerance. No one tribe, ethnic group or religion has a monopoly on carrying out acts of terror on innocent people, if there cant be equal disarmament then there should be equal amarment and terror. Enough is a enough!
Re: Ethnic Violence Breaks Out In Central Nigeria by Eemah(m): 3:18pm On Dec 28, 2010
If you say Nigeria should be divided, what will be the fate of our christian brethren who happen to originate from that part of the country ?
In my own opinion, what we need is a re-orientation and proper education because those that are used to perpetrate this evil are the illitrates and semi-illitrates in the society. children of the moslem elites from the north are ever involved in what ever skirmishes you hear takes place in the region.
SO WHAT THE NORTH NEEDS IS EDUCATION/RE-ORIENTATION COS THE LEVEL OF ILLITERACY IN THE REGION IS TOO HIGH !!!
Re: Ethnic Violence Breaks Out In Central Nigeria by Eemah(m): 3:31pm On Dec 28, 2010
If you check the Islamic calender they are still in 1433 and so what do expect, when the present era was in that period barbaric behavior like this were a constant occurrence and so they have to pass through the times too. With education and re-orientation they can be mordenised !!!
Re: Ethnic Violence Breaks Out In Central Nigeria by beespak7(m): 4:11pm On Dec 28, 2010
And history will continue to repeat it self in jos until the head this evil snake is choped off!! govt should start arresting and jailing the sponsors of this dastardly act!!!
Re: Ethnic Violence Breaks Out In Central Nigeria by Donmeca(m): 8:04pm On Dec 28, 2010
Harus:

D state governor said the above quoted sentence, but yet some FOOLS on this tread are still attributing it to RELIGIOUS. What a DAFT?
Somebody is sitting on a computer at home, outside JOS, claiming he knows better than even the governor of the state (a christain).
Illiteracy/ignorant are getting too much in this country.

Anybody (Muslim or Christain or Animist) can do this criminal act.

Or are u a not-so-smart person?

Who is dis Harus?

So u are so dumb to xpect a state governor to make a statement accepting the killings were religious or even ethnic? U are a BIG !DIOT. U want a governor to tell d world that muslims bombed christians on xmas eve. Chei! This generation of Nigerians. . .will this country ever be in competent hands? So u don't know d implication of such a statement?

Boko Haram bombed a church in Borno state. . .hope that was political? Accept that extremists/extremism are hatching in nothern Nigeria and the truth shall set u free, dimwit.
Re: Ethnic Violence Breaks Out In Central Nigeria by comechop(m): 9:51pm On Dec 28, 2010
Well there ya go. It IS religious, not political,

http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=479915765810&comments

[size=18pt]A new radical muslim group that styles itself Jama’Atu Ahlus-Sunnah Lidda’Awati Wal Jihad, has claimed responsibility for the several bombs that killed over 80 people in Jos and four in Maiduguri, Borno state last week.[/size]
Re: Ethnic Violence Breaks Out In Central Nigeria by salamee: 12:37am On Dec 29, 2010
the truth must be told at these trying times. only a good muslim who has the fear of God will condemn such acts sincerely.as one, i totally condemn this acts even though by fellow muslim brothers will not like it, i will say it any way cos it has already been mentioned here and its d truth.
the clause in the quran has given room 4 any body to interprete his own way.

Mohammed first revelation; Islam is a religion of peace

Many of Mohammed’s first revelations tell us the Christians and Jews are God's wonderful people;

(Surah 10:94 And if thou (Muhammad) art in doubt concerning that which We reveal unto thee, then question those (Christians & Jews) who read the Scripture (that was) before thee. Verily the Truth from thy Lord hath come unto thee. So be not thou of the waverers.

Mohammed's second (final) revelation
The Quran tells Muslims to kill the unbelievers wherever they find them (Surah 2.191), murder them and treat them harshly (Surah 9:123), slay them (Surah 9.5), fight with them (Surah 8:65 ), strive against them with great endeavor (Surah 25.52), be stern with them because they belong to hell (Surah 66.9) to strike off their heads; then after making a “wide slaughter among them, carefully tie up the remaining captives” for ransom (Surah 47.4).

This is the reason for much of the confusion within Islam as Muslims will quote you the more loving verses of the earlier revelations while ignoring the facts. However the Islamic fundamentalists know this well and they are condemned to hell by the Quran if they do not follow the last revelations.

(Surah 4:89) They but wish that ye should reject Faith, as they do, and thus be on the same footing (as they): But take not friends from their ranks until they flee in the way of Allah (From what is forbidden). But if they turn renegades, seize them and slay them wherever ye find them; and (in any case) take no friends or helpers from their ranks,
(Quran 8.12} I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them,

I have done my research on the quran and bible and i have made my decision. all muslim brothers must embrace peace and help in eradicating terror and unjust killing of innocent blood. d radical few have painted all our good deeds black, lets make nigeria a better place because even major islamic nations dont have peace. peace can be attained thu diversity. the truth shall set nigeria free !!!!
Re: Ethnic Violence Breaks Out In Central Nigeria by madskills(m): 8:08am On Dec 29, 2010
Dear Nigerians,
It is sad wat is happenin in our Nation.Politicians now knw dat d only way d common man wil listen to dem is by using religion to instigate fight,mainly to disrupt their opponent.d earlier we d masses realize dat we are being uaed d beta for us,
Re: Ethnic Violence Breaks Out In Central Nigeria by akinolasam: 9:39am On Dec 29, 2010
salamee:
[b]
the truth must be told at these trying times. only a good muslim who has the fear of God will condemn such acts sincerely.as one, i totally condemn this acts even though by fellow muslim brothers will not like it, i will say it any way cos it has already been mentioned here and its d truth.

Many of Mohammed’s first revelations tell us the Christians and Jews are God's wonderful people;

(Surah 10:94 And if thou (Muhammad) art in doubt concerning that which We reveal unto thee, then question those (Christians & Jews) who read the Scripture (that was) before thee. Verily the Truth from thy Lord hath come unto thee. So be not thou of the waverers.

The Quran tells Muslims to kill the unbelievers wherever they find them (Surah 2.191), murder them and treat them harshly (Surah 9:123), slay them (Surah 9.5), fight with them (Surah 8:65 ), strive against them with great endeavor (Surah 25.52), be stern with them because they belong to hell (Surah 66.9) to strike off their heads; then after making a “wide slaughter among them, carefully tie up the remaining captives” for ransom (Surah 47.4).

This is the reason for much of the confusion within Islam as Muslims will quote you the more loving verses of the earlier revelations while ignoring the facts. However the Islamic fundamentalists know this well and they are condemned to hell by the Quran if they do not follow the last revelations.

(Surah 4:89) They but wish that ye should reject Faith, as they do, and thus be on the same footing (as they): But take not friends from their ranks until they flee in the way of Allah (From what is forbidden). But if they turn renegades, seize them and slay them wherever ye find them; and (in any case) take no friends or helpers from their ranks,
(Quran 8.12} I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them,

I have done my research on the quran and bible and i have made my decision. all muslim brothers must embrace peace and help in eradicating terror and unjust killing of innocent blood. d radical few have painted all our good deeds black, lets make nigeria a better place because even major islamic nations dont have peace. peace can be attained thu diversity. the truth shall set nigeria free !!!!
[/b]

if all these instructions are given to blood thirsty fellows, what else do you expect: of course mass killing (plane bombing, car bombing, market bombing). May JEHOVAH GOD deliver this generation from violence - amen
Re: Ethnic Violence Breaks Out In Central Nigeria by Pain(m): 9:55am On Dec 29, 2010
http://www.thisdayonline.info/nview.php?id=190891

I heard they claimed ownership thru the Website http://mansoorah.net

Find below the owner of the Domain: (Someone Please Notify the Security Agencies!!!)

Registrant:
ALIYU DAHIRU
1234 Dankura Street, Gandun Albasa, Off Zoo Road
Kano, NA 234
NG

Domain name: MANSOORAH.NET

Administrative Contact:
DAHIRU, ALIYU
Kano, NA 234
NG
+1.2348028539
Technical Contact:
DAHIRU, ALIYU
Kano, NA 234
NG
+1.2348028539

Re: Ethnic Violence Breaks Out In Central Nigeria by Ranoscky(m): 12:58pm On Dec 29, 2010
salamee:

Bless you, broda!
Re: Ethnic Violence Breaks Out In Central Nigeria by sexybills: 1:49pm On Dec 31, 2010
Wetin dem don achieve now from killing innocent people.We christians are too tolerant upon all these we still allow these foolish dirty muslims to walk about in our streets freely in the South South and South East.

Even if I die wake up 100 times I can neva be a muslim cos its a reliugion of voilence,I still remember when the Pope made such statement the all protested foolishly notwitstanding that that was the truth.The TRUTH is actually bitter
Re: Ethnic Violence Breaks Out In Central Nigeria by Decryptor(m): 3:41am On Jan 02, 2011
ndukwejoe:

this jos thing . is been treated with kid glove. what is the security doing? who is their sponsor? so far nobody has been prosecuted , does it mean these people are faceless. i smell rat. as you know it is not the first time.

long live nigeria.
Re: Ethnic Violence Breaks Out In Central Nigeria by Decryptor(m): 3:52am On Jan 02, 2011
These stupid and gutless insecure bastards who are perpetrating this act in this country are being sponsored by the outside muslim world. let's go back to memory lane, just barely two months ago, a shipment from iran was intercepted and bombs and weapons were discovered. Even though some arrests were made, i'm sure some of the bombs still made their way to the hands of those almajeris it was being sent to.

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Is Your Take About Last Lagos State Lga Election. / Nigeria Is Truly Useless / What Makes Lagos A Model City - Newyork Times

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.