Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,089 members, 7,818,268 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:31 AM

"Obaseki And Oshiomhole Working To End Rift" – Taiwo Akerele - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Obaseki And Oshiomhole Working To End Rift" – Taiwo Akerele (21930 Views)

How Taiwo Akerele Was Blackmailed Into Resigning From As Obaseki's COS / DSS Storms Residence Of Taiwo Akerele, Former Obaseki’s Chief Of Staff / Taiwo Akerele Resigns A Governor Obaseki’s Chief Of Staff (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Obaseki And Oshiomhole Working To End Rift" – Taiwo Akerele by Sammy07: 2:42pm On Mar 23, 2020
Born2Breed:

Please stop mentioning me if all you do is keep spewing ignorance.

Ogbesse people in Ovia Local Government in Edo South bear full Yoruba names but are they Yoruba's? No!!!

My relatives bear Ajayi ( pronounced Azahi in Edo) and Ojo ( pronounced Ogio in Edo) and Idowu ( pronounced Idohu in Edo). Are they Yoruba's? No. One of the Dumeren's bears Ikponwonosa does that make him a Benin? No.

Let me tell you a little story. My great grand father was a chronic polygamist and some of the wives were Yoruba's and this particular one was from Ondo. After the birth of her son, the child was always sick and she took the child to her mother in Ondo. They named him Ajayi and the name stuck, now his children and grand children who are my cousins bear Ajayi as surname. They don't understand wa or lo in Yoruba.

The proximity and inter-marriages are the reason they bear these names.

How can you argue about a state you know nothing about.

Forget about the story...

Which tribe bears Taiwo, Akerele??
Re: "Obaseki And Oshiomhole Working To End Rift" – Taiwo Akerele by Abujaexpress: 2:46pm On Mar 23, 2020
DeRay98:

You're very ignorant of what saved Oshiomhole.
He was given conditions to meet and remain as Chairman which was to support Obaseki's 2nd or forget his Chair.
Support Obaseki as the one that will cast all the votes in the primary elections? You don't know anything about this issue.

Let me lecture you - Obaseki wants to be adopted as a consensus candidate because he is afraid of the primaries. He doesn't want to face the other big wigs in the election, hence his relentless panicky. And let me tell you, if for the sake of peace, Oshiomole becomes amenable to support Obaseki, certainly Philip Shaibu is a goner as his Deputy. Watch out the proceeding and give me thumbs later.

1 Like

Re: "Obaseki And Oshiomhole Working To End Rift" – Taiwo Akerele by akdjr(m): 2:49pm On Mar 23, 2020
I am from same Akoko Edo with the chief of staff. We don't even speak Yoruba in my place not even in the local government. The only part that speak yoruba is Imeri which was later cut out from Edo to join Info state. The
johnmartus:
grin please ignore this igbo boy.

1 Like

Re: "Obaseki And Oshiomhole Working To End Rift" – Taiwo Akerele by akdjr(m): 3:43pm On Mar 23, 2020
You will agree with me that western education started first in the western part of Nigeria who are predominantly Yorubas, during these period of education as well as trade, most people from my side started giving their children Yoruba names as adopted names (When I asked elders, it was actually for easy pronounciation for purpose of enrolling your child in schoo and during as at that time and later become a fashion among them) just like as we now give our children English names. The same chief of staff father has first indigenous name but not widely used in their family as the Akerele become popular and the rest of the family started using it. As for the Taiwo, in my place there is actually no name for twins and even twins were been killed before it was banned. The naming of twins as Taiwo/Taiye and Kehinde was actually copied from Yoruba. We don't even speak Yoruba in my entire place as language. I also bear Yoruba name as well "Ilori" (Though not in use) when I ask my mum she told me a particular Yoruba nurse who was her caregiver told her that any child conceived when the mother has not started seeing her period after birth is named Ilori in Yoruba land which happens to be the circumstances surrounding my birth. Additionally, history has it that our ancestors do trek all the way from Igarra the present headquarter of Akoko Edo to trade in Ibadan and some other parts of Yoruba land. For now let me stop here. I would have love to be your friend.
immaculatesense:

Arabic and English are Nigerian adopted language which can be generally used as wish while other national languages are ethnic and tribal base...how can u bear a tribal name of both surname and first name and ur still claiming otherwise...plis educate me on how both surname and first name are Yoruba and d Akoko Edo man is not Yoruba...I want to learn history from u...am widely and wholeheartedly open..
Plis

1 Like

Re: "Obaseki And Oshiomhole Working To End Rift" – Taiwo Akerele by Born2Breed(f): 3:47pm On Mar 23, 2020
Sammy07:

Forget about the story...

Which tribe bears Taiwo, Akerele??

Re: "Obaseki And Oshiomhole Working To End Rift" – Taiwo Akerele by DeRay98(m): 4:50pm On Mar 23, 2020
Abujaexpress:
Support Obaseki as the one that will cast all the votes in the primary elections? You don't know anything about this issue.

Let me lecture you - Obaseki wants to be adopted as a consensus candidate because he is afraid of the primaries. He doesn't want to face the other big wigs in the election, hence his relentless panicky. And let me tell you, if for the sake of peace, Oshiomole becomes amenable to support Obaseki, certainly Philip Shaibu is a goner as his Deputy. Watch out the proceeding and give me thumbs later.

Obaseki is only by the fact that Oshiomhole's money sharing boys are hungry and they don't like Obaseki for sharing money as they're used to.
That's why they want him out because the state means nothing to them.
Out the party hungry boys "disgruntlements", Obaseki is popular enough with electorates that he can easily win.
If APC produces another candidate instead of Obaseki, they can only win by rigging and intimidating voters.
Re: "Obaseki And Oshiomhole Working To End Rift" – Taiwo Akerele by immaculatesense(m): 5:45pm On Mar 23, 2020
akdjr:
You will agree with me that western education started first in the western part of Nigeria who are predominantly Yorubas, during these period of education as well as trade, most people from my side started giving their children Yoruba names as adopted names (When I asked elders, it was actually for easy pronounciation for purpose of enrolling your child in schoo and during as at that time and later become a fashion among them) just like as we now give our children English names. The same chief of staff father has first indigenous name but not widely used in their family as the Akerele become popular and the rest of the family started using it. As for the Taiwo, in my place there is actually no name for twins and even twins were been killed before it was banned. The naming of twins as Taiwo/Taiye and Kehinde was actually copied from Yoruba. We don't even speak Yoruba in my entire place as language. I also bear Yoruba name as well "Ilori" (Though not in use) when I ask my mum she told me a particular Yoruba nurse who was her caregiver told her that any child conceived when the mother has not started seeing her period after birth is named Ilori in Yoruba land which happens to be the circumstances surrounding my birth. Additionally, history has it that our ancestors do trek all the way from Igarra the present headquarter of Akoko Edo to trade in Ibadan and some other parts of Yoruba land. For now let me stop here. I would have love to be your friend.
This is really educative and well detailed...am convinced but I will do more research to confirm wat u said...but can u tell me the benin part of edo and der cultural relationship with Yoruba...cos I learnt dat d first oba of Benin is one of the sons of Oduduwa d father of yoruba
Re: "Obaseki And Oshiomhole Working To End Rift" – Taiwo Akerele by akdjr(m): 7:23pm On Mar 23, 2020
Let's exchange contact and I will tell you the whole truth about it.
immaculatesense:

This is really educative and well detailed...am convinced but I will do more research to confirm wat u said...but can u tell me the benin part of edo and der cultural relationship with Yoruba...cos I learnt dat d first oba of Benin is one of the sons of Oduduwa d father of yoruba
Re: "Obaseki And Oshiomhole Working To End Rift" – Taiwo Akerele by comos: 8:28pm On Mar 23, 2020
immaculatesense:

Go meet your grandfather to tell you the truth.

It was a Benin prince (Imadoduwa) that founded yoruba kingdom.
Re: "Obaseki And Oshiomhole Working To End Rift" – Taiwo Akerele by dancruz(m): 11:04pm On Mar 23, 2020
misstiq:

Taiwo Akerele is not yoruba. Our surname is Akerele, as some of us bear Yoruba surnames. We are in no way Yoruba. He bears Taiwo cos he's a twin. My name is Oziofu. both my parents are from Igarra. Does that sound like Yoruba?

Ete meya ke?
Re: "Obaseki And Oshiomhole Working To End Rift" – Taiwo Akerele by misstiq(f): 11:54am On Mar 24, 2020
dancruz:

Ete meya ke?

O zoza ini ukata Oshomoshi. We are just trying to be safe in this Corona Virus Era. I didn't even know i had brothers here.
Re: "Obaseki And Oshiomhole Working To End Rift" – Taiwo Akerele by dancruz(m): 12:59pm On Mar 24, 2020
misstiq:

O zoza ini ukata Oshomoshi. We are just trying to be safe in this Corona Virus Era. I didn't even know i had brothers here.
My dear!!! Crazy times really, quite unfortunate.
Yeah.... You have a brother in here!!!. You went too far trying to explain sef.... U for save d strength, lots of peeps argue blindly here.
Re: "Obaseki And Oshiomhole Working To End Rift" – Taiwo Akerele by immaculatesense(m): 9:34am On Mar 25, 2020
akdjr:
Let's exchange contact and I will tell you the whole truth about it.
Drop a message at immaculatesense gmail.com...will give u my WhatsApp number from der

1 Like

Re: "Obaseki And Oshiomhole Working To End Rift" – Taiwo Akerele by immaculatesense(m): 9:35am On Mar 25, 2020
comos:

Go meet your grandfather to tell you the truth.

It was a Benin prince (Imadoduwa) that founded yoruba kingdom.
Kid...I was bn replied by someone sensible and manure...hold it...tanx
Re: "Obaseki And Oshiomhole Working To End Rift" – Taiwo Akerele by DateMynd44(m): 11:35pm On May 04, 2020
misstiq:

It is not. Calm down. Check Local governments of Edo State and you will see Akoko Edo. I'm from Akoko Edo, Igarra to be precise. I am not yoruba. we speak an entirely different language called Etuno.
I studied at uniben, I had akoko Edo frienss., They are so cool. Where are you at the moment?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Niger Delta Ex-militants Endorse Peter Obi For President / Senate Backs Creation Of Edu State / FG Creates 193,469 Jobs In Ministry Of Works, Housing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.