Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,584 members, 7,820,108 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:52 AM

Christians And Muslim Where Is Your God During This Period? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christians And Muslim Where Is Your God During This Period? (2252 Views)

How You Draw Close To God During This Lockdown / Those Screaming ‘jesus, Oh My God’ During Sex Will All Go To HELL – Prophet / Get Your Christian And Muslim Novels At An Affordable Prices!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christians And Muslim Where Is Your God During This Period? by Professorcplus(m): 4:09pm On Mar 23, 2020
Hakeem12:
gen.lib.rus.ec
Thanks bro
Re: Christians And Muslim Where Is Your God During This Period? by LordReed(m): 4:19pm On Mar 23, 2020
Humanoid01:

Ehn oya na, continue mocking and see if it'll end religion since that's all y'all were born to do. Lmao! No matter how much you try to prove intellectual superiority, it doesn't change anything because you cannot simply alter someone's beliefs or things that actually are. Your mockeries won't change God's person, it only reveals the bitterness accumulated in the minds of your kind. So continue, good luck on your quest to win the atheist of the century award.

You see it. You felt insulted because we mock the concept of god you hold dear. That's unfortunate but shows how much of cognitive dissonance is going on in your mind. How do you feel offended by a super powerful god being mocked? The god cannot defend itself, it needs you to defend it? You can't see how that's a problem?

6 Likes

Re: Christians And Muslim Where Is Your God During This Period? by Humanoid01(m): 4:24pm On Mar 23, 2020
LordReed:

You see it. You felt insulted because we mock the concept of god you hold dear. That's unfortunate but shows how much of cognitive dissonance is going on in your mind. How do you feel offended by a super powerful god being mocked? The god cannot defend itself, it needs you to defend it? You can't see how that's a problem?
Defend Himself? As much as He cares for the world, including proud atheists like yourself, He doesn't give a sh!t what you think about Him. He doesn't need to defend Himself, much less anyone to defend Him. I don't see any problem with that if you conclude there's any, because His self-sufficiency speaks largely for Him.

2 Likes

Re: Christians And Muslim Where Is Your God During This Period? by Hakeem12(m): 4:25pm On Mar 23, 2020
Professorcplus:

Thanks bro
you're welcome

1 Like

Re: Christians And Muslim Where Is Your God During This Period? by LordReed(m): 4:41pm On Mar 23, 2020
Humanoid01:

Defend Himself? As much as He cares for the world, including proud atheists like yourself, He doesn't give a sh!t what you think about Him. He doesn't need to defend Himself, much less anyone to defend Him. I don't see any problem with that if you conclude there's any, because His self-sufficiency speaks largely for Him.

Then why do you need to speak up for the god? If there is a god and it becomes tired of our mocking it should able to speak for itself or defend itself.

6 Likes

Re: Christians And Muslim Where Is Your God During This Period? by Humanoid01(m): 4:44pm On Mar 23, 2020
LordReed:

Then why do you need to speak up for the god? If there is a god and it becomes tired of our mocking it should able to speak for itself or defend itself.
Like you'd be able to withstand Him if He decided to react to your mockeries. If you ask me a question, and I decide not to answer, you can't force me to. You don't have the ability to control someone else.

2 Likes

Re: Christians And Muslim Where Is Your God During This Period? by LordReed(m): 4:52pm On Mar 23, 2020
Humanoid01:

Like you'd be able to withstand Him if He decided to react to your mockeries. If you ask me a question, and I decide not to answer, you can't force me to. You don't have the ability to control someone else.

Still doesn't answer why you are speaking for the god. If it is pleased to be mute then let it be so.

7 Likes

Re: Christians And Muslim Where Is Your God During This Period? by Humanoid01(m): 4:54pm On Mar 23, 2020
LordReed:

Still doesn't answer why you are speaking for the god. If it is pleased to be mute then let it be so.
K. Bye!
Re: Christians And Muslim Where Is Your God During This Period? by LordReed(m): 5:01pm On Mar 23, 2020
Humanoid01:

K. Bye!

Bye

4 Likes

Re: Christians And Muslim Where Is Your God During This Period? by Sheunma: 5:03pm On Mar 23, 2020
Hakeem12:
Send your email, I will send them tomorrow, my system is dead right now
abeg i need pdf too
Re: Christians And Muslim Where Is Your God During This Period? by Hakeem12(m): 5:04pm On Mar 23, 2020
Sheunma:
abeg i need pdf too
Your email too
Re: Christians And Muslim Where Is Your God During This Period? by Nobody: 5:07pm On Mar 23, 2020
Anas09:

Didn't you say theres no God? Now you need a god who does not exist to stop Coronavirus? Are you well?

The guys self defeat themselves most tmes in their arguments.
Re: Christians And Muslim Where Is Your God During This Period? by TheBlessedHero: 5:22pm On Mar 23, 2020
Hakeem12:
Better still, it's on library genesis. gendotlibdotrusdotec replace all the dot with . The bot keeps deleting it. Just search for the book on the site, it will bring five mirrors numbered 1 to 5, click on the first mirror, and click on get, it will download.
Thanks.
Re: Christians And Muslim Where Is Your God During This Period? by sunshineV(f): 5:34pm On Mar 23, 2020
WILLuKPquiet:
You guys think you are wise with all the nonsense you post about God online.

If you have never read the Bible, haven't you heard from people that read it that the Bible says this will happen?

Mat 24:7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.

What I expect from people like you is that by now, you should be wondering how the book prophesied a thing and it is happening. Not why the God that said it will happen has not cured it.

Because He never promised He will cure it when tje pestilenses start but rather it would be worst until the end will finally come and then, guys like you will meet your doom.

I pity you guys.

You will keep mocking, laughing and insulting God till suddenly, you are face to face with judgement and there would be no grace anymore for you to have a change of heart.

That is another prophesy that is already playing out unknowingly in your lives. grin

So, You can rant on having a filled day mocking God and his children. Time will tell.

Weldon guys

So u mean covid 19 will end the world? But when scientists finds a cure u will change ur mouth and gives thanks to God

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Christians And Muslim Where Is Your God During This Period? by Liveordie: 5:48pm On Mar 23, 2020
please send me the PDF also
Re: Christians And Muslim Where Is Your God During This Period? by Nobody: 12:01am On Mar 24, 2020
sunshineV:

So u mean covid 19 will end the world? But when scientists finds a cure u will change ur mouth and gives thanks to God

I never said Covid 19 will end the world but could be the beginning of the Apocalypse.

There might be a worst epidemic than this even if the cure for Covid is found.

The Bible says no one knows the season and the time. But things like this must have started happening.

Some may come and go like Ebola and when the last epidemic will come, we will still take it as lightly as this and the mockers of God would still be busy insulting Him.

No one knows the time.
Re: Christians And Muslim Where Is Your God During This Period? by Buliwyf: 7:47am On Mar 24, 2020
WILLuKPquiet:

I never said Covid 19 will end the world but [b]could be [/b]the beginning of the Apocalypse.

There might be a worst epidemic than this even if the cure for Covid is found.

The Bible says no one knows the season and the time. But things like this must have started happening.

Some may come and go like Ebola and when the last epidemic will come, we will still take it as lightly as this and the mockers of God would still be busy insulting Him.

No one knows the time.

Lol @ "could be". Funny wankers. You guys were all performing miracles on TV and saying shit. Now that's it's time for you to perform the same in real life and prove to the world that your beliefs really work you have suddenly become impotent because it "could be" the end of the world.

As soon as a cure or vaccine is found now, it's straight right back to performing miracles on TV. Lol

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christians And Muslim Where Is Your God During This Period? by Nobody: 8:01am On Mar 24, 2020
Buliwyf:

Lol @ "could be". Funny wankers. You guys were all performing miracles on TV and saying shit. Now that's it's time for you to perform the same in real life and prove to the world that your beliefs really work you have suddenly become impotent because it "could be" the end of the world.

As soon as a cure or vaccine is found now, it's straight right back to performing miracles on TV. Lol

Well you are free to say whatever.

Its a free world
A free Nation
Freedom of Speech grin
Freedom of Religion

Freedom to be faithless.

Enjoy while it lasts bro.
Only time will tell.
Re: Christians And Muslim Where Is Your God During This Period? by geoworldedu: 8:04am On Mar 24, 2020
Our gods are buying cheap Igbo in the market. They are coming very soon.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christians And Muslim Where Is Your God During This Period? by Hakeem12(m): 12:41pm On Mar 24, 2020
TheBlessedHero:

Can you please post it on google drive online, so one can download? Just try and mention me whenever you do. Thanks.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PIeH_01PelivGP3h3pR6A6dJ2K_z-9Im/view?usp=drivesdk

1 Like

Re: Christians And Muslim Where Is Your God During This Period? by Hakeem12(m): 12:42pm On Mar 24, 2020
Re: Christians And Muslim Where Is Your God During This Period? by Nobody: 1:05pm On Mar 24, 2020
I am not sure about Christians and Muslims, but coronavirus is not eveidence of the non-existence of God. I think the op has a very erroneous concept of God's position and role towards man's existence.
Re: Christians And Muslim Where Is Your God During This Period? by LordReed(m): 4:30pm On Mar 24, 2020
RisenPhoenix:
I am not sure about Christians and Muslims, but coronavirus is not eveidence of the non-existence of God. I think the op has a very erroneous concept of God's position and role towards man's existence.

The OP does not say it is. It alludes rather to the fact that none of these religions is able to call on their gods to do anything about the disease and get a positive result, despite shout all day how great their god is. If your great god cannot help you stave off disease why should we believe you about your god?

2 Likes

Re: Christians And Muslim Where Is Your God During This Period? by Nobody: 4:48pm On Mar 24, 2020
LordReed:

The OP does not say it is. It alludes rather to the fact that none of these religions is able to call on their gods to do anything about the disease and get a positive result, despite shout all day how great their god is. If your great god cannot help you stave off disease why should we believe you about your god?

Your first and last sentences contradict.

Before coming to such conclusions we should ask, do they actually claim that their god is compelled to stave off diseases? Or is it only the op's assumption that they do? If they do claim so, do they make that claim as being a definitive one coming conclusively from their deity or could it be that it was an invented claim? For example, I know for certain that the Catholics and the Jehovah Witnesses among others, do not make any such claims. And the Muslims certainly have been accused of being fatalistic and not objecting to whatever tragedies happen to them. So I feel that there is a tastelessness in now falsely accusing all the religious followers of making claims that they never made then triumphantly building a hypothesis on that false claim. Non religionists are supposed to be smarter.

Besides, if the creator (I believe strongly in one, in my opinion the converse relies too much on denial to consider logically) did not want us to have diseases, then why create them in the first place? Doesn't the existence of pathogens imply that we are meant to be sick; perhaps for some higher purpose which our limited minds may not comprehend?

A creator can certainly be great without his having to cure the sicknesses of mere mortals. I would also question the possibility of a deity who answers the prayer of each and every individual; because these often conflict. While one individual is praying for his enemy to die, that 'enemy' is praying to be cured from coronavirus. So how do you know that the coronavirus is not actually a result of somebody's prayer somewhere?

I am just trying to show you that the possibilities are endless and the op's premise very simplistic. Only an extremely simple, self-centred individual will assume that his existence and good health is the deciding factor for how great the creator is; or the conclusive evidence as to whether a creator actually exists or not.
Re: Christians And Muslim Where Is Your God During This Period? by LordReed(m): 5:21pm On Mar 24, 2020
RisenPhoenix:

Your first and last sentences contradict.

Before coming to such conclusions we should ask, do they actually claim that their god is compelled to stave off diseases? Or is it only the op's assumption that they do? If they do claim so, do they make that claim as being a definitive one coming conclusively from their deity or could it be that it was an invented claim? For example, I know for certain that the Catholics and the Jehovah Witnesses among others, do not make any such claims. And the Muslims certainly have been accused of being fatalistic and not objecting to whatever tragedies happen to them. So I feel that there is a tastelessness in now falsely accusing all the religious followers of making claims that they never made then triumphantly building a hypothesis on that false claim. Non religionists are supposed to be smarter.

Besides, if the creator (I believe strongly in one, in my opinion the converse relies too much on denial to consider logically) did not want us to have diseases, then why create them in the first place? Doesn't the existence of pathogens imply that we are meant to be sick; perhaps for some higher purpose which our limited minds may not comprehend?

A creator can certainly be great without his having to cure the sicknesses of mere mortals. I would also question the possibility of a deity who answers the prayer of each and every individual; because these often conflict. While one individual is praying for his enemy to die, that 'enemy' is praying to be cured from coronavirus. So how do you know that the coronavirus is not actually a result of somebody's prayer somewhere?

I am just trying to show you that the possibilities are endless and the op's premise very simplistic. Only an extremely simple, self-centred individual will assume that his existence and good health is the deciding factor for how great the creator is; or the conclusive evidence as to whether a creator actually exists or not.

Indeed the op is a simple premise so trying to make it into some kind of complex theological statement just shows you are merely spoiling for a fight.

The question on all right thinking humans at this point is why can god not be demonstrated in any situation of concern to the general human populace? You opine, a god exists and probably doesn't care much for human problems. So even while you cannot demonstrate the existence of this god, the pertinent question is now why should we care about such a god?

As for claims of the god being able to heal, one has to be in denial to say that these people you mention do not believe that their god is able to heal them or perform feats beyond human comprehension or ability. The OP asks the simple question to all who believe, what does your faith avail you now in the face of this? Are you not behaving like every sensible person should given the circumstances? What has your devotion added or helped in remedying the situation? We really don't care if you think our position is illogical, just demonstrate that your powerful god is real.
Re: Christians And Muslim Where Is Your God During This Period? by lepasharon(f): 5:26pm On Mar 24, 2020
MJBOLT:
rumour has it that god is practising social distancing with his worshippers grin

!!
Re: Christians And Muslim Where Is Your God During This Period? by OtemAtum: 5:26pm On Mar 24, 2020

1 Like

Re: Christians And Muslim Where Is Your God During This Period? by Nobody: 5:27pm On Mar 24, 2020
LordReed:

Indeed the op is a simple premise so try to make it into some kind of complex theological statement just shows you are merely spoiling for a fight.

Why would I want a fight? I don't subscribe to either of the two religions.it was the op who came in aggressively. I merely wanted to show him that he should not engage in such simplicity disguised as triumphant superiority.

LordReed:

The question on all right thinking humans at this point is why can god not be demonstrated in any situation of concern to the general human populace? You opine, a god exists and probably doesn't care much for human problems. So even while you cannot demonstrate the existence of this god the pertinent question is now why should we care about such a god?

Nope. I merely stated that what we consider to be problems using our limited foresight might actually be blessings in disguise. Maybe we are overstretching earth's resources and a relatively quick death from a virus striking mainly the elderly is a way of saving the whole from a slow and painful death due to starvation.
I am merely speculating here, just to demonstrate that the possibilities are endless. As for caring, it depends on what you take that to mean. Would a creator be in need of your 'care' to retain his status? I doubt it. A needy god cannot be a true one. Perhaps our requirement to recognise him in whatever method is more for our own good than for his?

LordReed:

As for claims of the god being able to heal, one has to be in denial to say that these people you mention do not believe that their god is able to heal them or perform feats beyond human comprehension or ability. The OP asks the simple question to all who believe, what does your faith avail you now in the face of this? Are you not behaving like every sensible person should given the circumstances? What has your devotion added or helped in remedying the situation? We really don't care if you think our position is illogical, just demonstrate that your powerful god is real.

While the groups I mentioned do believe that he can heal, I know for sure that none of them believes that he is compelled to do so. I am not a devotee, but devotion is not necessarily a route to health or well being, nor is religion claimed to exist by its adherents specifically for the purpose of overcoming epidemics. You are making the same self-centred assumption that the op made.
Re: Christians And Muslim Where Is Your God During This Period? by LordReed(m): 5:33pm On Mar 24, 2020
RisenPhoenix:

Why would I want a fight? I don't subscribe to either of the two religions.it was the op who came in aggressively. I merely wanted to show him that he should not engage in such simplicity disguised as triumphant superiority.

Nope. I merely stated that what we consider to be problems using our limited foresight might actually be blessings in disguise. Maybe we are overstretching earth's resources and a relatively quick death from a virus striking mainly the elderly is a way of saving the whole from a slow and painful death due to starvation.
I am merely speculating here, just to demonstrate that the possibilities are endless.

Speculate all you want, our only concern here is what you can demonstrate. Whether you subscribe to the religions or not, if you believe in a being with power to create the universe, our question is, can you demonstrate the existence of such a being?
Re: Christians And Muslim Where Is Your God During This Period? by Nobody: 5:43pm On Mar 24, 2020
LordReed:

Speculate all you want, our only concern here is what you can demonstrate. Whether you subscribe to the religions or not, if you believe in a being with power to create the universe, our question is, can you demonstrate the existence of such a being?

I can. But most atheists are extremely close minded. Certain things can only be demonstrated to those with the ability to see them. Can you demonstrate the sun to a blind man? The proof of the existence of a creator can be demonstrated if one was to follow the logical thread of theological thought to its conclusion.

But that was not my intention here. Rather, it was the op's intention to prove the converse. Did he prove that the coronavirus is evidence that the creator believed by Christians and Muslims does not exist as he set out to do?
Re: Christians And Muslim Where Is Your God During This Period? by LordReed(m): 5:53pm On Mar 24, 2020
RisenPhoenix:

I can. But most atheists are extremely close minded. Certain things can only be demonstrated to those with the ability to see them. Can you demonstrate the sun to a blind man? The proof of the existence of a creator can be demonstrated if one was to follow the logical thread of theological thought to its conclusion.

But that was not my intention here. Rather, it was the op's intention to prove the converse. Did he prove that the coronavirus is evidence that the creator believed by Christians and Muslims does not exist as he set out to do?

There are things that can be logically justified, that is not evidence they exist except as concepts. Until we found evidence for black holes they were merely the result of mathematical calculations. We have a history of religion stretching back thousands of years, yet all you have to show for proving a god exists is logical arguments. That is terribly weak.

You can persist in thinking the OP seeks to disprove god even after being set right but the fact remains, your gods remain undemonstrated.
Re: Christians And Muslim Where Is Your God During This Period? by Gideon97(m): 6:45pm On Mar 24, 2020
WILLuKPquiet:

You guys think you are wise with all the nonsense you post about God online.

If you have never read the Bible, haven't you heard from people that read it that the Bible says this will happen?

Mat 24:7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.

What I expect from people like you is that by now, you should be wondering how the book prophesied a thing and it is happening. Not why the God that said it will happen has not cured it.

Because He never promised He will cure it when tje pestilenses start but rather it would be worst until the end will finally come and then, guys like you will meet your doom.

I pity you guys.

You will keep mocking, laughing and insulting God till suddenly, you are face to face with judgement and there would be no grace anymore for you to have a change of heart.

That is another prophesy that is already playing out unknowingly in your lives. grin

So, You can rant on having a filled day mocking God and his children. Time will tell.

Weldon guys

Alot of atheist have actually read the bible. In fact reading the bible comprehensively was the final nail in coffin for their faith and a good number of them know the bible even more than the average christian. I myself am not an adept student of it, but my grandmother was an evangelist and i was brought up in this so yes, i have read the bible.

Your bible doesn't prophesy shit but only makes vague and sometimes very obvious statements.

This just mentions things that have been happening for thousands of years, before and during the time that verse was written, and will most likely continue to happen. This is not a prophecy or prediction, it's a statement of fact from observation. Where is mention of Corona virus in the bible?
If ambiguous messages about common things are your criteria for prophecy then my 3 year old nephew is going to be a great prophet.

By saying this you're confessing that your God is going to let even his worshipers to die? So in this plight, they're not really better than anyone else and their prayers are useless.

Yes, we will continue to mock and challenge religion. I go about my life minding my business, but we live in a very religious society and so religion pops up everywhere. The precedence placed on churches and pastors by people is just ridiculous and deserves scrutiny. If something is true, it will withstand scrutiny. Go and tell your faith healers to go to the hospitals and perform their wonders there.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Corona Virus: TB Joshua Failed Prophecy Proves The Impotency Of Jehovah / Allah, A God That Named His Prophets After Another God / The Treasures Of The Heathens: How To Become A Rich Pastor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.