Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,185 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:23 AM

Nigeria Reports First Coronavirus Death - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Nigeria Reports First Coronavirus Death (63162 Views)

U.S. Reports First Case Of Omicron Variant / Coronavirus: South Africa Reports First Case Of Deadly Virus / Senegal Confirms First Coronavirus Case, Patient Is A French Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Reports First Coronavirus Death by SoliBayNG: 11:27am On Mar 23, 2020
Not really. Number should belong to the UK
Re: Nigeria Reports First Coronavirus Death by WATCHOVER(m): 11:27am On Mar 23, 2020
Tobimillar1:
he died because he has a lot of underlying health conditions. Most people will recover from it. My thought are with the family .

Covik one nine is the one we should be worried about . That one kills faster than covid-19
cheesy don't mind the refublish President
Re: Nigeria Reports First Coronavirus Death by Mmangaka: 11:27am On Mar 23, 2020
SenecaTheYonger:
Why are all this guys now returning to Nigeria? they left us to suffer buhari now they are coming back with virus who did we offend

You never hear say Nigeria na cemetery?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Reports First Coronavirus Death by donnie(m): 11:28am On Mar 23, 2020
miqos02:
All our tradomedical practitioners should come together to find cure to this virus, it's their time to cash out.

WE WILL OVERCOME

Exactly. Those Vaccines should be avoided
Re: Nigeria Reports First Coronavirus Death by Nobody: 11:28am On Mar 23, 2020
Okay, it begins
Re: Nigeria Reports First Coronavirus Death by anonimi: 11:28am On Mar 23, 2020

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Reports First Coronavirus Death by knowhowk: 11:29am On Mar 23, 2020
miqos02:
All our tradomedical practitioners should come together to find cure to this virus, it's their time to cash out.

WE WILL OVERCOME
I have a Therapy that could be tested ,have written about it but no one is ready to listen ,I am not collecting a any money to prepare and give it out ,at least to be tested on a Patient for 1 week.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Reports First Coronavirus Death by SmartMugu: 11:30am On Mar 23, 2020
miqos02:

WE WILL OVERCOME
I was thinking the religious leaders too, since there are religious houses almost in every street claiming God talks through them.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Reports First Coronavirus Death by Talknochip(m): 11:31am On Mar 23, 2020
Lord have mercy! We shall overcome IJN. Say no to fear

Re: Nigeria Reports First Coronavirus Death by anonimi: 11:31am On Mar 23, 2020
Mmangaka:
You never hear say Nigeria na cemetery?

Since we love burial ceremonies too much.
Befitting burial kill us all in our extreme poverty of no water, no electricity, no road, no healthcare shithole.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4024041_image_jpeg_jpeg6f95b5e7a24ad4fc0808d6698fd37362

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4207170_fbimg1469018943096_jpeg2e87af2b28b00dc62a4dbf71ba6f4cf7

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4916464_img1218_jpeg869064c69e3965560ae57d6aeb37a7f2

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Reports First Coronavirus Death by ubox: 11:31am On Mar 23, 2020
Humanoid01:
New cases everyday. Lagos is a scary place to be ATM.
Travel in and out of Lagos should be banned till its controlled.
Re: Nigeria Reports First Coronavirus Death by Rexnegro(m): 11:32am On Mar 23, 2020
iCauseTrouble:
The shit is getting serious
are you just knowing that now ?
Re: Nigeria Reports First Coronavirus Death by Nobody: 11:32am On Mar 23, 2020
SenecaTheYonger:
Why are all this guys now returning to Nigeria? they left us to suffer buhari now they are coming back with virus who did we offend
Hahaha...this cracked me up big time grin

Re: Nigeria Reports First Coronavirus Death by toutlemonde: 11:40am On Mar 23, 2020
ify2016:

What of Nigerian 70 year old woman that landed in Enugu from UK?

She tested negative going by the news.
Re: Nigeria Reports First Coronavirus Death by AsawanaDgreat: 11:48am On Mar 23, 2020
Nawaoo May God save us oo
Re: Nigeria Reports First Coronavirus Death by OROSUNBOLB(m): 11:53am On Mar 23, 2020
Tobimillar1:
he died because he has a lot of underlying health conditions. Most people will recover from it. My thought are with the family .

Covik one nine is the one we should be worried about . That one kills faster than covid-19

That is the real virus ! grin
Re: Nigeria Reports First Coronavirus Death by redsun(m): 11:54am On Mar 23, 2020
Instead of just following oyinbos strategies of dealing with the virus, the so-called Nigerian government has to, first of all, ascertain if the virus is a tropical virus by scientifically exposing to controlled atmospheric conditions and observe how it fares. It is a simple experiment that can clarify the country's position in the pandamonium. You cant deal with what you don't understand.

Secondly, the regime has to draw out structured modalities on how to medically, economically and socially care for its grounded citizens. This may be the first time that the so-called democratic government will recognise that governance is about protecting, caring and pleasing the people.

Everything happens for a reason and events like this tend to usher in fundamental strategic changes or a catastrophic end to a whole saga.
Re: Nigeria Reports First Coronavirus Death by mildflame: 12:04pm On Mar 23, 2020
Re: Nigeria Reports First Coronavirus Death by Didi2d(m): 12:07pm On Mar 23, 2020
haaaaaaaaa:
Stock up and stay at home is the best we can do to prevent the spread now.
I don't want to die or loose any loved one.
God save the world .

People are saying stock up, what about people like us that are still waiting for salary to come in before we can buy anything.
Right now my account is zero naira
Re: Nigeria Reports First Coronavirus Death by anonimi: 12:11pm On Mar 23, 2020

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Reports First Coronavirus Death by Validated: 12:20pm On Mar 23, 2020
Iamtony:
Hmm left for me the 35 should just be eliminated to save the thousands that will suffer this. Nigeria is not capable at all there's no need they trying
How old are you my son? The 35 are those who have shown symptoms. There might be 100s already infected. The solution is to be self conscious and if sick, isolate yourself.
Re: Nigeria Reports First Coronavirus Death by geezynoni: 12:22pm On Mar 23, 2020
Re: Nigeria Reports First Coronavirus Death by anonimi: 12:26pm On Mar 23, 2020
geezynoni:
Mumu man...This too,shall pass no dey bible.
You were too quick to showcase your stupidity sha

What exactly are you doing to make it pass?
What are your works to justify your declared faith?
Abi faith without works is dead no dey ya Bible ni

www.nairaland.com/attachments/6392490_screenshot201703251113431_jpege7efc671bcd65efa910c8efb45a5868a

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Reports First Coronavirus Death by mildflame: 12:36pm On Mar 23, 2020

Re: Nigeria Reports First Coronavirus Death by DateMynd44(m): 12:37pm On Mar 23, 2020
TONYE001:
Sad.

There's a pattern. Those with compromised immunity record more deaths. This patient that died had an underlying medical condition, he was even on chemotherapy (which further suppressed his ability to fight off the infection). Those of extreme ages (infants and the elderly) also have weak immune systems.

This doesn't mean youths and every other person whose immunity is supposedly competent should get careless. Always remember that you can be a carrier of this virus. That is, if you are strong enough to fight it off, you just may end up passing it on to those within your circle, like your aged parents.

We all must be careful. We must wash our hands regularly with soap and water or with alcohol based sanitizers. Stay at home, if you can. Avoid physical contacts. Cover your mouth/nose when you sneeze. If you have suggestive symptoms (especially if you just returned from an international journey or you were exposed to an infected individual), immediately self-quarantine yourself and call the authorities. Ensure you drink lots of water.

Recall, your safety is primarily your responsibility, not the government's. So, act wisely.
you're totally correct especially the bolded
God bless you for this

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Reports First Coronavirus Death by DateMynd44(m): 12:39pm On Mar 23, 2020
Iamtony:
Hmm left for me the 35 should just be eliminated to save the thousands that will suffer this. Nigeria is not capable at all there's no need they trying
wrong.
What about those that are assymptomatic and are currently with the virus but isn't showing up yet
Re: Nigeria Reports First Coronavirus Death by HMarshal(m): 12:40pm On Mar 23, 2020
Who else noticed there's been no spotlight on kidnappers & insurgencies since the Corona breakout.even the north had grown silent
Re: Nigeria Reports First Coronavirus Death by ekevwe(m): 12:56pm On Mar 23, 2020
This Covik one nine virus is just too deadly lo
Re: Nigeria Reports First Coronavirus Death by Gemineye: 1:21pm On Mar 23, 2020
Iamtony:
just imaging this level of reasoning undecided. The recorded cases are not the actual problem. It's those that are yet to be detected or recorded. They are the ones spreading like wide fire

The states should be locked down to contain this sh1t IMO
Re: Nigeria Reports First Coronavirus Death by Temidayo8765: 1:26pm On Mar 23, 2020
see below
Re: Nigeria Reports First Coronavirus Death by briskconcepts: 1:29pm On Mar 23, 2020
We understand that the Coronavirus situation will only get worse if the Nigerian government is not proactive in ordering a lockdown. Let's avoid overwhelming our health care officials and hospitals by forcefully asking everyone to stay home. We need to deal with this sooner than later...Even if we complain of hunger now, the truth is if we don't take care of this now we will still get to deal with hunger. We need to learn from other countries, We need to act NOW!!

(We need your signatures)

Can you help get my petition to 99 signatures by the end of today? I started a petition and I need you to sign and share it now.
http://chng.it/SFwxsggH

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

I Always Go "Raw" With Multiple Partners Until STI Taught Me A Hard Lesson / Ewere Onyekpe: UK Authorities Punish Nigerian Doctor Over Sex With Patient / Doctor Gilbert Afam Gini: Decomposing Body Found In Hospital Months After Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.