Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,739 members, 7,809,831 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:39 PM

Suleiman Achimugu Is Dead! Coronavirus Kills Ex-MD Of PPMC - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Suleiman Achimugu Is Dead! Coronavirus Kills Ex-MD Of PPMC (113484 Views)

Hauwa Suleiman: Driver’s Wife Gives Birth To Quadruplets In Kaduna / Suleiman Achimugu Dies From Coronavirus as Nigeria records first death / Ex-ppmc MD Suleiman Achimugu Becomes First Person To Die Of Covid19 in Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Suleiman Achimugu Is Dead! Coronavirus Kills Ex-MD Of PPMC by Shaprara: 11:59am On Mar 23, 2020
Pogba12:

As Nigerians , we live in a corruption Infested country, hence the distrust we have in our leaders and out institutions, there are many who don't trust the numbers just coming out of the blue, some are real but in the last three or four days when the talk of a stay at home order was being touted then there was a surge in the number of cases, I'm skeptical about this, it could be a scheme to allocate more money, get foreign aid, and perpetrate blatant corruption.

Again I've never heard of any expert say a blood test can be used to test for Corona virus, Corona virus is a respiratory virus, how come a blood test is been used to test for it in nigeria, it seems as though if you anyone has the symptoms, without the test the person will automatically admitted and recorded as a Corona case. A Corona test is something like inserting a cotton bud deep inside your nostril and deep inside the back of your tongue, it's very unpleasant. I'm surprised at the mention of blood test here and there.

1 Like

Re: Suleiman Achimugu Is Dead! Coronavirus Kills Ex-MD Of PPMC by Tiger01: 12:00pm On Mar 23, 2020
It's not covid 19 that killed him.
It is as a result of the other cormobities , Dm anf multiple myeloma .
Re: Suleiman Achimugu Is Dead! Coronavirus Kills Ex-MD Of PPMC by quiteboy(m): 12:00pm On Mar 23, 2020
Evilgenuis:
RIP to the dead... This one NDDC wAnts to handle the burial
NCDC not NDDC
Re: Suleiman Achimugu Is Dead! Coronavirus Kills Ex-MD Of PPMC by Chuzoetoh(m): 12:01pm On Mar 23, 2020
Sirheny007:
A very nice record.
He is now forever immortalized in the Nigerian History books.

you are an idiot!!! After now the useless mods will ban me, but they all read dis kind of senseless comments n keep quiet. Stop being foolish, lad.

1 Like

Re: Suleiman Achimugu Is Dead! Coronavirus Kills Ex-MD Of PPMC by iamwhat: 12:01pm On Mar 23, 2020
Righteousness89:
Condolences to the Family left Behind..

As for those who Genuinely Trust in GOD Absolutely ! not in Mouth! or one leg here and one leg there!

Relax yourself! No Panic

This pandemic is not For you!!

Who is it for ?
Re: Suleiman Achimugu Is Dead! Coronavirus Kills Ex-MD Of PPMC by RaptorX: 12:01pm On Mar 23, 2020
Shaprara:
I've been following the Corona virus thing closely especially in Italy and the USA, I've never heard or seen any of the expert say blood test can be used as a Corona virus test, A Corona virus test is a form a swab through the hole in your nose and the back of your tongue, never heard of blood test
The blood test is the most reliable method of diagnosing Covid -19 not the nose swab that is not %100 accurate.

1 Like

Re: Suleiman Achimugu Is Dead! Coronavirus Kills Ex-MD Of PPMC by ibnzubair(m): 12:04pm On Mar 23, 2020
Yenefer:
But how can they say he died of covid-19 when he was actually undergoing dialysis, has a complications from diabetes and high blood pressure? When he was tested positive his BP when up the roof. Fake news
I know him personally for those of u insulting me

While the conditions may have increased his susceptibility to the virus, not of them are likely to cause cough as was stated in the patient's history. However, COVID-19 is an upper respiratory tract infection (and viral pneumonia) of which cough is the main presentation.

2 Likes

Re: Suleiman Achimugu Is Dead! Coronavirus Kills Ex-MD Of PPMC by mamdanju: 12:06pm On Mar 23, 2020
May Allah forgive and have mercy on him
Re: Suleiman Achimugu Is Dead! Coronavirus Kills Ex-MD Of PPMC by aristocratic5(m): 12:06pm On Mar 23, 2020
RIP sir
Re: Suleiman Achimugu Is Dead! Coronavirus Kills Ex-MD Of PPMC by okeyglm: 12:08pm On Mar 23, 2020
Pity all the people in that hospital. All of them are now a carrier. Avoid going to public hospitals for now.
Re: Suleiman Achimugu Is Dead! Coronavirus Kills Ex-MD Of PPMC by omenka1: 12:08pm On Mar 23, 2020
Where is this OBJ sef? Oh! someone said he's under self isolation. Doing hide n seek when he's needed to spew trash most Seems the dude just realized that this shit is real
Re: Suleiman Achimugu Is Dead! Coronavirus Kills Ex-MD Of PPMC by Meme16(m): 12:09pm On Mar 23, 2020
I guess Atiku's son Covid-19 status has opened doors to know the victims. Now we know the status and death of Achimugu but my question is why were they hiding the victims before now (italian Index case in mind) when other countries revealed theirs, even politicians and superstars. I believe FG created room for doubts and nonchalant attitudes of Nigerians over this covid-19 in Nigeria, now it's spreading like wildfire. Pls let's stay safe. One Love!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Suleiman Achimugu Is Dead! Coronavirus Kills Ex-MD Of PPMC by Wordson(m): 12:09pm On Mar 23, 2020
Angelfrost:
This is where I seriously question the so called education and exposure of most of us Nigerians....

In a world of information about a widespread pandemic, people returned from "hot zones", and it didn't occur to them to instantly and immediately isolate themselves for at least 7 to 14 days in order to ensure they are virus free... If for nothing else, so as not to put their loved ones and their states or nation in danger.

Is this not the height of insensitivity, selfishness, and lack of patriotism??!...

A leader like Kim Jun Oh, or even Mugabe would have dealt ruthlessly with them and their close associates...

Mtchewww.... Daft leaders, equally daft citizens.... After, they will come online bragging about how exposed they are!!! undecided
Guy, wetin happen na? U dey fight everybody ni? U shld av known d modus operandi of doing things for Naija na... Na passive go slow..

Re: Suleiman Achimugu Is Dead! Coronavirus Kills Ex-MD Of PPMC by MondayOsunbor(m): 12:09pm On Mar 23, 2020
ecstasy357:
This is so sad.

So NCDC is a testing agency?!

first official death

first of many may it include all the evil men in the land

1 Like

Re: Suleiman Achimugu Is Dead! Coronavirus Kills Ex-MD Of PPMC by Semaj77(m): 12:11pm On Mar 23, 2020
Righteousness89:

As for those who Genuinely Trust in GOD Absolutely ! not in Mouth! or one leg here and one leg there!

Relax yourself! No Panic

So all those who have died didn't trust in your fairy tale God
Re: Suleiman Achimugu Is Dead! Coronavirus Kills Ex-MD Of PPMC by Shaprara: 12:12pm On Mar 23, 2020
Good article, but can you confirm it is the same system being used in Nigeria, over there they've got leaders who are updating everyone on the kind of tests they have, how many tests they've got, and what's in the work, there's nothing like that over here
Re: Suleiman Achimugu Is Dead! Coronavirus Kills Ex-MD Of PPMC by Dikegodspower(m): 12:13pm On Mar 23, 2020
wicked man.why did he come back ,to infect people here right. just as his name achimugu ,,he is an international mugu
Re: Suleiman Achimugu Is Dead! Coronavirus Kills Ex-MD Of PPMC by Jelzin2412(m): 12:14pm On Mar 23, 2020
Yenefer:
But how can they say he died of covid-19 when he was actually undergoing dialysis, has a complications from diabetes and high blood pressure? When he was tested positive his BP when up the roof. Fake news
I know him personally for those of u insulting me

Yes he may have had those underlying health conditions but the symptoms he had prior to death were those of respiratory disease. His test was confirmed to be positive and if you had read more about COVID-19 and its pathogenicity you could have seen most severe disease and mortality occur in people with underlying health conditions such as Diabetes, hypertension, chronic respiratory diseases (COPD, bronchiectasis, emphysema etc), Cardiovascular diseases, malignancies etc. He fell into these category of the vulnerable population hence his unfortunate demise from COVID-19....I hope it makes sense to you now.

2 Likes

Re: Suleiman Achimugu Is Dead! Coronavirus Kills Ex-MD Of PPMC by tot(f): 12:14pm On Mar 23, 2020
Meme16:
I guess Atiku's son Covid-19 status has opened doors to know the victims. Now we know the status and death of Achimugu but my question is why were they hiding the victims before now (italian Index case in mind) when other countries revealed theirs, even politicians and superstars. I believe FG created room for doubts and nonchalant attitudes of Nigerians over this covid-19 in Nigeria, now it's spreading like wildfire. Pls let's stay safe. One Love!

The only ones who were made known in other countries were people who CHOSE to have their status made public. It is against an individual's privacy to disclose their medical status publicly. No country disclosed the names of those infected, with the exception of individuals who decided to go public with the info, a decision they may have made as a result of being public figures.

3 Likes

Re: Suleiman Achimugu Is Dead! Coronavirus Kills Ex-MD Of PPMC by Autodidact101: 12:15pm On Mar 23, 2020
My condolences to his family. This man went abroad to treat something else and was infected by the dreaded virus
May his soul rest in peace
Re: Suleiman Achimugu Is Dead! Coronavirus Kills Ex-MD Of PPMC by PinkStarsFallIn: 12:15pm On Mar 23, 2020
Thane:
bad news on FP. The man had other complications
He was coughing till he gave up.
Money was managing his other ailments before, afterall it has been said dat dos with underlying medical cases are more likely to die from d virus.
Re: Suleiman Achimugu Is Dead! Coronavirus Kills Ex-MD Of PPMC by Lexusgs430: 12:16pm On Mar 23, 2020
1st officially........
Re: Suleiman Achimugu Is Dead! Coronavirus Kills Ex-MD Of PPMC by Nobody: 12:16pm On Mar 23, 2020
everyone is now going to face the neglected medical space of nigeria.
if we make it through, everyone is going to have to make fundamental changes within their countries
medical tourism is not the solution.
Re: Suleiman Achimugu Is Dead! Coronavirus Kills Ex-MD Of PPMC by Angelfrost(m): 12:16pm On Mar 23, 2020
Wordson:
Guy, wetin happen na? U dey fight everybody ni? U shld av known d modus operandi of doing things for Naija na... Na passive go slow..

Egbon, I am just disappointed jare!!!

We can criticize our leaders from now till eternity, but a huge part of the blame still lies with us citizens.

Do you know some of these cases knew they were well exposed to the virus, with likely infection before they boarded that plane back here??! Some actually had mild symptoms, yet failed to self isolate... Why, if not insensitivity??!

3 Likes

Re: Suleiman Achimugu Is Dead! Coronavirus Kills Ex-MD Of PPMC by DAVE5(m): 12:18pm On Mar 23, 2020
FemiMaduka:
Nigeria had a buffer period few countries had. After our first case (the Italian), we had almost two weeks in which no other case was recorded. That was our buffer period. Also, within this period, the virus had fortunately taken a definite pattern, the global hotspots had already been revealed—China, Italy, Iran, Spain, UK, US and co. These were advantages very few countries had in this war against Covid-19, which any compos mentis nation would grab with both arms. But, alas, this is Nigeria.

We left our entry points open. Even Atiku pleaded on Twitter that our airports should be shut down. Some ignorant folks had already started commending this equally ignorant government.

Unfortunately, we recorded another case. Then another. And then another. Boom! 95% of our confirmed cases were of people who came in from THE HOSTSPOTS at a time this virus was raging!

Now, pray tell, has God not helped us enough, with all the advantages we had?

How the hell did the late Achimugu fly in FROM A HOTSPOT and didn't get quarantined!

This is almost a hopeless country. The leadership and followership are cold dead!

P.S.: To those who would say "you cannot just shut the airports down that way", I'd drop these posers:
- At a time the world was progressively shutting down, what could we have lost by shutting our doors?
- Yea, citizens have the right of ingress. But we could still shut our doors and allow citizens to come in but on the condition that they would surrender to a 15-day quarantine.
- What have we gained, aside joining the global Covid-19 map, from leaving our doors open?
- In a world where America is setting up a $1Tn package, Spain a $200bn package, and other countries having to appropriate billions of dollars in economic and social interventions, can the gains of leaving our doors open be compared to the cost we will bear for that decision? Our annual budget is just about $40bn, just to set a perspective.

You all are not ready.

Our president did not give orders to pick borders, I guess he would blame previous government

We were playing partisan politics
Re: Suleiman Achimugu Is Dead! Coronavirus Kills Ex-MD Of PPMC by poiZon: 12:18pm On Mar 23, 2020
FemiMaduka:
Nigeria had a buffer period few countries had. After our first case (the Italian), we had almost two weeks in which no other case was recorded. That was our buffer period. Also, within this period, the virus had fortunately taken a definite pattern, the global hotspots had already been revealed—China, Italy, Iran, Spain, UK, US and co. These were advantages very few countries had in this war against Covid-19, which any compos mentis nation would grab with both arms. But, alas, this is Nigeria.

We left our entry points open. Even Atiku pleaded on Twitter that our airports should be shut down. Some ignorant folks had already started commending this equally ignorant government.

Unfortunately, we recorded another case. Then another. And then another. Boom! 95% of our confirmed cases were of people who came in from THE HOSTSPOTS at a time this virus was raging!

Now, pray tell, has God not helped us enough, with all the advantages we had?

How the hell did the late Achimugu fly in FROM A HOTSPOT and didn't get quarantined!

This is almost a hopeless country. The leadership and followership are cold dead!

P.S.: To those who would say "you cannot just shut the airports down that way", I'd drop these posers:
- At a time the world was progressively shutting down, what could we have lost by shutting our doors?
- Yea, citizens have the right of ingress. But we could still shut our doors and allow citizens to come in but on the condition that they would surrender to a 15-day quarantine.
- What have we gained, aside joining the global Covid-19 map, from leaving our doors open?
- In a world where America is setting up a $1Tn package, Spain a $200bn package, and other countries having to appropriate billions of dollars in economic and social interventions, can the gains of leaving our doors open be compared to the cost we will bear for that decision? Our annual budget is just about $40bn, just to set a perspective.

You all are not ready.
It's like when the FG said we were ready, people thought it was positive readiness not knowing FG were like we are ready to DIE.

1 Like

Re: Suleiman Achimugu Is Dead! Coronavirus Kills Ex-MD Of PPMC by Nobody: 12:18pm On Mar 23, 2020
Meme16:

it was a very responsible and laudable move by Atiku - letting everybody know this disease is here. too many people think it is a hoax, or fable. lt is doubtful if our sleeping bubu will be so forthright.

1 Like

Re: Suleiman Achimugu Is Dead! Coronavirus Kills Ex-MD Of PPMC by dangermouse(m): 12:19pm On Mar 23, 2020
ValCon888:
I hope everyone takes this virus seriously. The U.S. was sleeping on the virus now NewYork alone has more than 15,000 cases.
As at Monday last week, total infected cases was 182,723 with 7,194 deaths. This Monday the number has almost doubled to 343,818 cases with 14,923 deaths.

Be cautious. Stay safe.
where did u get ur statistics from? As of today monday 23 march, the death rate remains at 400.
Re: Suleiman Achimugu Is Dead! Coronavirus Kills Ex-MD Of PPMC by colestephan86: 12:19pm On Mar 23, 2020
Pogba12:

http://saharareporters.com/2020/03/23/breaking-ex-ppmc-managing-director-suleiman-achimugu-becomes-first-person-die-coronavirus
The next 30 days is going to determine if Nigeria is going the way of Italy or not.
Be cautious.
Re: Suleiman Achimugu Is Dead! Coronavirus Kills Ex-MD Of PPMC by GreenArrow1(m): 12:19pm On Mar 23, 2020
ecstasy357:
This is so sad.

So NCDC is a testing agency?!

What were you expecting? Competence?
Re: Suleiman Achimugu Is Dead! Coronavirus Kills Ex-MD Of PPMC by omenka1: 12:19pm On Mar 23, 2020
Righteousness89:

Relax yourself! No Panic

There they go again.....

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Chidinma Olajide Dies Of Coronavirus In UK. Her Last Message On Facebook / Essential Herbal Elements That Cure Diseases / 6 Ways Many Men Are Unknowingly Killing Their Sperm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.