Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,746 members, 7,820,573 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:24 PM

Suleiman Achimugu Is Dead! Coronavirus Kills Ex-MD Of PPMC - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Suleiman Achimugu Is Dead! Coronavirus Kills Ex-MD Of PPMC (113576 Views)

Hauwa Suleiman: Driver’s Wife Gives Birth To Quadruplets In Kaduna / Suleiman Achimugu Dies From Coronavirus as Nigeria records first death / Ex-ppmc MD Suleiman Achimugu Becomes First Person To Die Of Covid19 in Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Suleiman Achimugu Is Dead! Coronavirus Kills Ex-MD Of PPMC by bayulll011(m): 12:19pm On Mar 23, 2020
Yenefer:
But how can they say he died of covid-19 when he was actually undergoing dialysis, has a complications from diabetes and high blood pressure? When he was tested positive his BP when up the roof. Fake news
I know him personally for those of u insulting me

some of you are slow.
don't you know that people with such conditions are high risk to Convid-19.
Italy will be a joke when nigeria own start

1 Like

Re: Suleiman Achimugu Is Dead! Coronavirus Kills Ex-MD Of PPMC by DAVE5(m): 12:20pm On Mar 23, 2020
Angelfrost:

Egbon, I am just disappointed jare!!!

We can criticize our leaders from now till eternity, but a huge part of the blame still lies with us citizens.

Do you know some of these cases knew they were well exposed to the virus, with likely infection before they boarded that plane back here??! Some actually had mild symptoms, yet failed to self isolate... Why, if not insensitivity??!

We failed to also organize protests requesting government to close border because we fear to much
Re: Suleiman Achimugu Is Dead! Coronavirus Kills Ex-MD Of PPMC by Nobody: 12:21pm On Mar 23, 2020
Angelfrost:

We can criticize our leaders from now till eternity, but a huge part of the blame still lies with us citizens.

Do you know some of these cases knew they were well exposed to the virus, with likely infection before they boarded that plane back here??! Some actually had mild symptoms, yet failed to self isolate... Why, if not insensitivity??!

because they are the wealthy nigerians who always break all the rules na. these are the people in traffic with pilot and siren. the ones taken to the front of every queue. as they are entering the airport, the officials will be like - leave am - na pesin. these are the bastards that have killed us. and they may be rich enough to survive, while most of us die.
Re: Suleiman Achimugu Is Dead! Coronavirus Kills Ex-MD Of PPMC by Beremx(f): 12:23pm On Mar 23, 2020
You’re daft!! Didn’t you hear that people who have ailments already are prone to the disease more? Abeg borrow sense if you don’t have
Yenefer:
But how can they say he died of covid-19 when he was actually undergoing dialysis, has a complications from diabetes and high blood pressure? When he was tested positive his BP when up the roof. Fake news
Re: Suleiman Achimugu Is Dead! Coronavirus Kills Ex-MD Of PPMC by ecstasy357(m): 12:23pm On Mar 23, 2020
GreenArrow1:

What were you expecting? Competence?

I WARNED PEOPLE IN 2015...
Re: Suleiman Achimugu Is Dead! Coronavirus Kills Ex-MD Of PPMC by LordAdam16: 12:23pm On Mar 23, 2020
ModelX:
Sorry. You commoners will all be dead before it touches the elite in their high houses with their mighty stockpiles of food and ammo. Sorry bruh.

LordAdam16:

A: I'm not a commoner.
B: It will touch the elite; like it has in Iran.

-Lord

As I was saying. The Reaper is here to collect.

After all the looting, dude coughed to death in his "high house with [his] mighty stockpiles of food and ammo."

-Lord

1 Like

Re: Suleiman Achimugu Is Dead! Coronavirus Kills Ex-MD Of PPMC by ecstasy357(m): 12:24pm On Mar 23, 2020
Brunicekid:
Yes naa... NCDC is a testing agency. Do you think they are a news media nii

IT SEEMS YOU DONT KNOW WHO THEY ARE
Re: Suleiman Achimugu Is Dead! Coronavirus Kills Ex-MD Of PPMC by Patedo123: 12:24pm On Mar 23, 2020
gambia:
Lock down is the way forward, though it wont be easy on Nigerians as many depends on daily income, but that's the best way to avoid further spread. RIP Sir
i think let the govt pay at least 30k in everyone's account for them to stock up and get the lock down cos this shit has more than they have recorded and it's fu*king real
Re: Suleiman Achimugu Is Dead! Coronavirus Kills Ex-MD Of PPMC by Angelfrost(m): 12:25pm On Mar 23, 2020
ornicus:

because they are the wealthy nigerians who always break all the rules na. these are the people in traffic with pilot and siren. the ones taken to the front of every queue. as they are entering the airport, the officials will be like - leave am - na pesin. these are the bastards that have killed us. and they may be rich enough to survive, while most of us die.

True sir... Very true!!!

They leave this nation in ruins to other nations to enjoy... When their Eldorado gets hit with a terrible disease, they now remember their ruined nation to return and further afflict!...
Re: Suleiman Achimugu Is Dead! Coronavirus Kills Ex-MD Of PPMC by BadBradley: 12:25pm On Mar 23, 2020
Yenefer:
exactly COVID-19 kills those with other underlying health issues.
Re: Suleiman Achimugu Is Dead! Coronavirus Kills Ex-MD Of PPMC by freeze001(f): 12:26pm On Mar 23, 2020
The problem is that in addition to old age and other preexisting health conditions, he contacted a highly infectious virus; the NCDC failed to respond promptly having been contacted and they had taken his sample. This left him in contact with family, friends and well-wishers who are likely to be younger. This increases likely cases of infections and these people are also in contact with other persons, believing themselves to be normal and healthy, only looking after an old father/family member. I hope you can understand why some panic is to be expected and is justified!

ednut1:
he was going to die coro or no coro. stop all this panic
Kerfuffle:
The dead man, was old, and suffered from underlying issues.

The media should stop instilling fear and unnecessary panic!

1 Like

Re: Suleiman Achimugu Is Dead! Coronavirus Kills Ex-MD Of PPMC by Nobody: 12:26pm On Mar 23, 2020
Righteousness89:
Condolences to the Family left Behind..

As for those who Genuinely Trust in GOD Absolutely ! not in Mouth! or one leg here and one leg there!

Relax yourself! No Panic

This pandemic is not For you!!
please stop saying crap like this. Encourage people to practice proper hygiene and follow government guidelines instead of using religion to give them a false sense of invincibility. People like you are a big problem in this country I swear.
Re: Suleiman Achimugu Is Dead! Coronavirus Kills Ex-MD Of PPMC by Nobody: 12:28pm On Mar 23, 2020
blinking001:
RIP to the dead. I'm glad our darling president is putting everything in place towards the eradication of this deadly virus in our obodo Nigeria.
I pray the good lord heals our land
God bless president Buhari
God bless Nigeria.

We recognise mannabbq sycophant anywhere. Praising evil. Supporting incompetence. Collecting 30k to buy a conscience.

1 Like

Re: Suleiman Achimugu Is Dead! Coronavirus Kills Ex-MD Of PPMC by ecstasy357(m): 12:28pm On Mar 23, 2020
Angelfrost:

NCDC is a gross embarrassment to this nation... They and the health ministry are a sad and painful reflection of the massive failure of this administration!!! This is very sad!!!

YOU ALL VOTED FOR THIS IN 2015

1 Like

Re: Suleiman Achimugu Is Dead! Coronavirus Kills Ex-MD Of PPMC by GreenArrow1(m): 12:29pm On Mar 23, 2020
ecstasy357:

I WARNED PEOPLE IN 2015...

Toh. The only thing that can work here is to wait for the developed countries to finish tackling their own outbreak significantly and then turn to face us and handle ours for us. Just like they have done for other diseases in the past.
Re: Suleiman Achimugu Is Dead! Coronavirus Kills Ex-MD Of PPMC by Bewisebenice18(m): 12:32pm On Mar 23, 2020
And Disco are busy disconnecting lights here in Ibeju Lekki. Thank u Mr Arthur God go catch u. No work, no movement, no food, no money I smell revolution. Shoprite bursting season 2 no go easy. Cos security personels will join pack stuffs. We'll see.
Re: Suleiman Achimugu Is Dead! Coronavirus Kills Ex-MD Of PPMC by freeze001(f): 12:33pm On Mar 23, 2020
Whether or not he died of corona virus, the fact is that he tested positive to the virus, was already symptomatic, meaning he was likely infectious and had people around him providing healthcare and support! More saddening is the fact that the NCDC failed in its basic duty of testing, diagnosing and quarantining where necessary as they took his sample, failed to revert with the positive result and take necessary action until he became worse with intense coughing and the family contacted him again only to be informed of being positive to the virus! I hope you realise that a good number of those around him are likely to have picked up the virus unknowingly and the spread continues!

Nikiballer:
Why are they creating mass hysteria,this man didn't die of Corona
Re: Suleiman Achimugu Is Dead! Coronavirus Kills Ex-MD Of PPMC by Angelfrost(m): 12:33pm On Mar 23, 2020
ecstasy357:

YOU ALL VOTED FOR THIS IN 2015

Nope, I and every individual with a functioning IQ did no such thing!!! undecided

2 Likes

Re: Suleiman Achimugu Is Dead! Coronavirus Kills Ex-MD Of PPMC by Wordson(m): 12:36pm On Mar 23, 2020
Angelfrost:

u are right bro... Our borders should av BN shut down long before now and thorough scrutiny and evaluation be carried out at d ports, shutting dem down now is like medicine after death.. May God just help us all..
Re: Suleiman Achimugu Is Dead! Coronavirus Kills Ex-MD Of PPMC by Nobody: 12:36pm On Mar 23, 2020
Yenefer:

Coexisting symptoms increases your chances of dying from novel coronavirus 19
Re: Suleiman Achimugu Is Dead! Coronavirus Kills Ex-MD Of PPMC by tunapawizzy: 12:37pm On Mar 23, 2020
funmike83:
ah, o lord . NCDC failed us . Nigerian govt has failed us . knowing these virus is pandemic and they left the poor man to die . So where is the money they set aside for this virus? THE MAN SHOULD HAVE FOUND HIS WAY TO ASO ROCK . This is heartbreaking . RIP TO THE DEAD

ABEG what is wrong with the guy on top. why is he praising Mr covik. If they has shut down the airport , we wont be here
We failed ourselves electing idioooots to lead us
Re: Suleiman Achimugu Is Dead! Coronavirus Kills Ex-MD Of PPMC by freeze001(f): 12:38pm On Mar 23, 2020
blinking001:

His mother tongue became a barrier nothing more. Give our darling president a break abeg.

Hausa abi fulani mother tongue does not translate from '..ID' to '..ICK'! It also does not render them incapable of saying 'Nineteen' rather than 'One-Nine'! Call a spade by its name and don't generalise by calling it a farm tool! When you see ignorance and cognitive dissonance, be bold and enough to call it for what it is rather than claiming mother tongue b/s
Re: Suleiman Achimugu Is Dead! Coronavirus Kills Ex-MD Of PPMC by deltateam: 12:40pm On Mar 23, 2020
ValCon888:
I hope everyone takes this virus seriously. The U.S. was sleeping on the virus now NewYork alone has more than 15,000 cases.
As at Monday last week, total infected cases was 182,723 with 7,194 deaths. This Monday the number has almost doubled to 343,818 cases with 14,923 deaths.

Be cautious. Stay safe.

May this virus not use us to count score or turn us into mere statistics.
Re: Suleiman Achimugu Is Dead! Coronavirus Kills Ex-MD Of PPMC by freeze001(f): 12:41pm On Mar 23, 2020
vibre:

What are you even saying? The number of deaths in the whole US is not even up to 1000 so how can New York have 14,923 deaths?

This number is the total number of deaths worldwide not just specific to the US.

1 Like

Re: Suleiman Achimugu Is Dead! Coronavirus Kills Ex-MD Of PPMC by deltateam: 12:42pm On Mar 23, 2020
Everybody is preaching social distance but see how Nairaland has clustered usernames together like sardine. embarassed
Re: Suleiman Achimugu Is Dead! Coronavirus Kills Ex-MD Of PPMC by redsun(m): 12:42pm On Mar 23, 2020
ecstasy357:
This is so sad.

So NCDC is a testing agency?!

So all this for the site a scam

ABOUT NCDC

The Nigeria Centre for Disease Control is the country’s national public health institute, with the mandate to lead the preparedness, detection and response to infectious disease outbreaks and public health emergencies.

The core functions of NCDC include:

• Prevent, detect, and control diseases of public health importance.

• Coordinate surveillance systems to collect, analyse and interpret data on diseases of public health importance.

• Support States in responding to small outbreaks, and lead the response to large disease outbreaks.

• Develop and maintain a network of reference and specialized laboratories.

• Conduct, collate, synthesize and disseminate public health research to inform policy.

• Lead Nigeria’s engagement with the international community on diseases of public health relevance

https://ncdc.gov.ng/ncdc

Most agencies are set up in Nigeria by the government to settle their cohorts. They are just avenues of dishing out enormous non-accountable funds to their gang members that need to get slices the cake. They never spend money on getting things done, instead, they put it in their personal accounts to buy mansions and celebrate birthdays in Dubai at the expense of sanity in their own primitive country. Baboons.

1 Like

Re: Suleiman Achimugu Is Dead! Coronavirus Kills Ex-MD Of PPMC by 3kay945(m): 12:43pm On Mar 23, 2020
Vortex369:
They took blood sample and never returned.

hahahahahaaha.

So, now the entire family is quarantined. They should just take the blood samples of the entire family and leave them there.

The harvest is here.

Funny,, how would they trace those they have contact with now?
Re: Suleiman Achimugu Is Dead! Coronavirus Kills Ex-MD Of PPMC by vibre: 12:44pm On Mar 23, 2020
Brunicekid:
Yes naa... NCDC is a testing agency. Do you think they are a news media nii
He's mistaking it with NDDC
Re: Suleiman Achimugu Is Dead! Coronavirus Kills Ex-MD Of PPMC by Jelzin2412(m): 12:44pm On Mar 23, 2020
dangermouse:
where did u get ur statistics from? As of today monday 23 march, the death rate remains at 400.

It's actually more than 15,000 mortality now. Type *corona virus update* on your chrome or any browser and monitor minute by minute update and trend...
Re: Suleiman Achimugu Is Dead! Coronavirus Kills Ex-MD Of PPMC by aztec: 12:46pm On Mar 23, 2020
Yenefer:

If you were someone that reads and actually knows what’s happening in the world besides hair and makeup you would have heard that the majority of deaths are tied to people of older age with UNDERLYING HEALTH CONDITIONS.
Please pick up and book and read and stop showing your lack of training and exposure.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

I Have Erectile Dysfunction And Its Really Affecting My Relationship. / Chidinma Olajide Dies Of Coronavirus In UK. Her Last Message On Facebook / Essential Herbal Elements That Cure Diseases

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.