Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,530 members, 7,819,909 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:18 AM

Government Should Ban Sports Betting Halls Over Coronavirus - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Government Should Ban Sports Betting Halls Over Coronavirus (20198 Views)

FG Issues Travel Ban On 13 Countries Over Coronavirus / Anxiety In Edo Over Coronavirus Detection As Screening Begins At Benin Airport / Police Arrest Five Over Coronavirus Hoax In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Government Should Ban Sports Betting Halls Over Coronavirus by watchindelta(m): 10:04am On Mar 24, 2020
Here in Italy all fast food shops , betting shops, saloon etc. in fact things that are not well importantly are shutdowns , because without does things will can still move on. But Supermarket, postal, bank, meat saler, fruit saler are all open. 2 miter far from each other! if you want to form hard man or woman they call police subito for you. Stay at home forget blabla hard man! Na who stay life they bet ohh

1 Like

Re: Government Should Ban Sports Betting Halls Over Coronavirus by kevotek1000(m): 10:04am On Mar 24, 2020
For me the op is right... Virtual games can be played at home. No amount of money is what risking ones life, the truth must be told people are always over crowded even more now that there is no league to bet on. I think government should shut down shop betting for now. If you must bet do it at home on your phone or computer.

LoL: imagine losing 70k on virtual and still get Coronavirus in the process.
Re: Government Should Ban Sports Betting Halls Over Coronavirus by LilPeezy(m): 10:08am On Mar 24, 2020
ALABACONNECT:
There is really almost nothing to bet

Well, For your UK used Smart TVs and ACs, check my signature
Guy currently Table Tennis dey pay lyk white.....mek op dey em lane
Re: Government Should Ban Sports Betting Halls Over Coronavirus by anslemarinze52(m): 10:08am On Mar 24, 2020
See how the gamblers are defending themselves.......as football no de na until virtual chop your last Kobo before una get sense
Re: Government Should Ban Sports Betting Halls Over Coronavirus by ALABACONNECT(m): 10:10am On Mar 24, 2020
LilPeezy:
Guy currently Table Tennis dey pay lyk white.....mek op dey em lane
I no even know sef. Mean say you Sabi table tennis market well. I no know shiii for table tennis
Re: Government Should Ban Sports Betting Halls Over Coronavirus by anslemarinze52(m): 10:10am On Mar 24, 2020
kevotek1000:
For me the op is right... Virtual games can be played at home. No amount of money is what risking ones life, the truth must be told people are always over crowded even more now that there is no league to bet on. I think government should shut down shop betting for now. If you must bet do it at home on your phone or computer.

LoL: imagine losing 70k on virtual and still get Coronavirus in the process.

Na suicide be dis
Re: Government Should Ban Sports Betting Halls Over Coronavirus by victoronwukwe(m): 10:11am On Mar 24, 2020
kings59:

Then get ready for your house to be burgled, your properties stolen, your whole money in your account and your food stuffs.

You are about to go back to square 1

Good morning sir, this is about going back to square one financially. Imagine going 6ft below the ground...

Maybe people don't understand that the virus is very close to them. If we continue at this rate, it would definitely get to a point where whether we like it or not we would have to isolate. We want to wait to be pushed to the wall before we take precaution...

If you see the effect of this virus, if you see what these patients are passing through, what a country like Italy with a better healthcare system than Nigeria is passing through. They're dying at a rate of 600 people per day... If this spreads, Nigeria cannot handle it. Why China people survive is that they have a good and organized healthcare system. The best in the world. Yet people died there.

It would affect us economically, no doubt... But isolating is choosing frying pan over fire...
Re: Government Should Ban Sports Betting Halls Over Coronavirus by kevotek1000(m): 10:13am On Mar 24, 2020
watchindelta:
Here in Italy all fast food shops , betting shops, saloon etc. in fact things that are not well importantly are shutdowns , because without does things will can still move on. But Supermarket, postal, bank, meat saler, fruit saler are all open. 2 miter far from each other! if you want to form hard man or woman they call police subito for you. Stay at home forget blabla hard man! Na who stay life they bet ohh

Gamble on bets and also gamble with life... It's not done that way... Government should shut down all shop betting for now, they can bet online with your mobile phone or computer.
Re: Government Should Ban Sports Betting Halls Over Coronavirus by watchindelta(m): 10:15am On Mar 24, 2020
Or the shop owner put law distance of 2miters but naija to stubborn 3miters wil be better and u must put on mask befor you get into the store or u bet online at the comfort of ur home. Crowd must stop.
Re: Government Should Ban Sports Betting Halls Over Coronavirus by LilPeezy(m): 10:18am On Mar 24, 2020
ALABACONNECT:
I no even know sef. Mean say you Sabi table tennis market well. I no know shiii for table tennis
I been nor Sabi anything I sight am on Saturday last week na I select 8 stake am with 1k 97k burst out for me.....as it stands now table tennis games dey 200plus in a day for selection
Re: Government Should Ban Sports Betting Halls Over Coronavirus by ALABACONNECT(m): 10:21am On Mar 24, 2020
LilPeezy:
I been nor Sabi anything I sight am on Saturday last week na I select 8 stake am with 1k 97k burst out for me.....as it stands now table tennis games dey 200plus in a day for selection
Bro you go like digit me on the matter. Won't be bad to dance for that water for a while
Re: Government Should Ban Sports Betting Halls Over Coronavirus by vivaciousvivi(f): 10:21am On Mar 24, 2020
Nikiballer:
Govt shouldn't waste their time on this one's,they are way beyond redemption...
Their families at home are not though.
Re: Government Should Ban Sports Betting Halls Over Coronavirus by LilPeezy(m): 10:25am On Mar 24, 2020
ALABACONNECT:
Bro you go like digit me on the matter. Won't be bad to dance for that water for a while
Try check it out first on Bet9ja

1 Like

Re: Government Should Ban Sports Betting Halls Over Coronavirus by kayodez: 10:27am On Mar 24, 2020
Ur moniker says it all....

Que sera que sera!
Re: Government Should Ban Sports Betting Halls Over Coronavirus by babyfaceafrica: 10:30am On Mar 24, 2020
victoronwukwe:

Good morning sir, this is about going back to square one financially. Imagine going 6ft below the ground...

Maybe people don't understand that the virus is very close to them. If we continue at this rate, it would definitely get to a point where whether we like it or not we would have to isolate. We want to wait to be pushed to the wall before we take precaution...

If you see the effect of this virus, if you see what these patients are passing through, what a country like Italy with a better healthcare system than Nigeria is passing through. They're dying at a rate of 600 people per day... If this spreads, Nigeria cannot handle it. Why China people survive is that they have a good and organized healthcare system. The best in the world. Yet people died there.

It would affect us economically, no doubt... But isolating is choosing frying pan over fire...

dying at a rate of 600 people per day...

Stop the embellishments abeg...
Re: Government Should Ban Sports Betting Halls Over Coronavirus by Stillthebest: 10:34am On Mar 24, 2020
LivingSage:
See them above me. They're addicted to betting. They all want sudden/free money. Land is there to cultivate, no they prefer sleeping in bet stores from money till night expecting morning they didn't work for. Begin for #50, can't you farm? Better use your head now before it's too late. What am I even saying, older men are there including our security operatives. Lazy Nigeria youths(people)

Your misunderstanding of words is haywire!

From money till night... Do u mean from morning till night?? Expecting morning they didn't work for.... Do you mean expecting the money they didn't work for? Begin for #50... You must have wanted to say begging for #50...

Ur English is lazy honestly. NB** I don't do betting
Re: Government Should Ban Sports Betting Halls Over Coronavirus by Nobody: 10:41am On Mar 24, 2020
Bet9jaVirtual:
As regards this virus of a thing, I think the government should ban all sports betting houses from operating.

I passed one this morning and the number of people clustered around there playing virtual bet is quite alarming, and they’re always over crowded, shouting at each other and the virus can easily be spread there.

I pray that the government closes down all betting shops to prevent further spread of the virus.

Yeah, when it’s time to shut down marketing, trading, survival avenues, they will.
Until then, people survive- the betting shops should provide alcohol-based sanitisers, in the absence of running water and soap for hand washing. They should also ensure strict social distancing.
I sense a beef here?
If so, SMH
Re: Government Should Ban Sports Betting Halls Over Coronavirus by LivingSage: 11:09am On Mar 24, 2020
Since you assimilate what I'm saying, you should have know it's typographical error
Stillthebest:

Your misunderstanding of words is haywire!

From money till night... Do u mean from morning till night?? Expecting morning they didn't work for.... Do you mean expecting the money they didn't work for? Begin for #50... You must have wanted to say begging for #50...

Ur English is lazy honestly. NB** I don't do betting
Re: Government Should Ban Sports Betting Halls Over Coronavirus by ekevwe(m): 11:10am On Mar 24, 2020
Bet9jaVirtual:
As regards this virus of a thing, I think the government should ban all sports betting houses from operating.

I passed one this morning and the number of people clustered around there playing virtual bet is quite alarming, and they’re always over crowded, shouting at each other and the virus can easily be spread there.

I pray that the government closes down all betting shops to prevent further spread of the virus.

Are they opening in your area? My friend they are yet to open. All matches suspended.

Yeye post
Re: Government Should Ban Sports Betting Halls Over Coronavirus by sylve11: 11:27am On Mar 24, 2020
Lol @ some comments here. grin cool
Re: Government Should Ban Sports Betting Halls Over Coronavirus by victoronwukwe(m): 11:29am On Mar 24, 2020
babyfaceafrica:

dying at a rate of 600 people per day...

Stop the embellishments abeg...

Lol. It is now clear that you haven't been following the news...
Re: Government Should Ban Sports Betting Halls Over Coronavirus by richhy84: 11:32am On Mar 24, 2020
I operate one av shortdown since last week because I don't want any issue with govt
Re: Government Should Ban Sports Betting Halls Over Coronavirus by lasheun: 11:33am On Mar 24, 2020
Coronavirus has already ban it itself.
When there are no football matches, what will they bet on?
Re: Government Should Ban Sports Betting Halls Over Coronavirus by Sensini123(m): 11:44am On Mar 24, 2020
You don't need to be told that there is no sporting activities globally apart from those that play visual ( kunami).
Re: Government Should Ban Sports Betting Halls Over Coronavirus by pajudah007(m): 11:49am On Mar 24, 2020
Bet9jaVirtual:

Because you have lost all your salaries to bet now your advice is for govt to ban it.

Oga go sidon for inside gutter jor
Re: Government Should Ban Sports Betting Halls Over Coronavirus by josielewa(m): 11:50am On Mar 24, 2020
gambia:

Noted
Thanks in anticipation
Re: Government Should Ban Sports Betting Halls Over Coronavirus by pajudah007(m): 11:52am On Mar 24, 2020
Bet9jaVirtual:

They should ban bet9ja for now
Sharrap!!
Re: Government Should Ban Sports Betting Halls Over Coronavirus by olajonzin(m): 11:53am On Mar 24, 2020
na because of say dis vitual don chop ur money .....dat y u
are saying all dis shit
Re: Government Should Ban Sports Betting Halls Over Coronavirus by pajudah007(m): 11:54am On Mar 24, 2020
Dreamflyin:
They should ban offices, markets, malls, super markets and anywhere where more than 5 people can come together.
I bet your parents still feed you.

All these small small children exposing their ignorance by saying nonsense here.

1 Like

Re: Government Should Ban Sports Betting Halls Over Coronavirus by pajudah007(m): 11:57am On Mar 24, 2020
LivingSage:
See them above me. They're addicted to betting. They all want sudden/free money. Land is there to cultivate, no they prefer sleeping in bet stores from money till night expecting morning they didn't work for. Begging for #50, can't you farm? Better use your head now before it's too late. What am I even saying, older men are there including our security operatives. Lazy Nigeria youths(people)
you think every guy that bets is just like your lazy boyfriend
Re: Government Should Ban Sports Betting Halls Over Coronavirus by Tonytonex(m): 11:59am On Mar 24, 2020
This is serious, please someone should call the attention of the government to this.
Re: Government Should Ban Sports Betting Halls Over Coronavirus by pajudah007(m): 12:00pm On Mar 24, 2020
josielewa:
People no dey fear ooo, for this coro period..I think it should be closed asap...
Pls if you have anything no matter how little you can drop, I will really appreciate..it's not a good thing to post my account details here, BT how will help come..pls anything.
0026134698. Access bank
comot for here go bet jor

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Aju Mbaise A Natural Remedy For Bellyfat / COVID-19: Members Of Ramaphosa's Team Evacuated From Abuja / Sickle Cell: "Dreams Shattered, Disappointed But Survived" - Nigerian Lady

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.