Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,977 members, 7,817,878 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:53 PM

Government Should Ban Sports Betting Halls Over Coronavirus - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Government Should Ban Sports Betting Halls Over Coronavirus (20190 Views)

FG Issues Travel Ban On 13 Countries Over Coronavirus / Anxiety In Edo Over Coronavirus Detection As Screening Begins At Benin Airport / Police Arrest Five Over Coronavirus Hoax In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Government Should Ban Sports Betting Halls Over Coronavirus by Bimpe29: 9:04am On Mar 24, 2020
The essence of governance is to primarily ensure safety and security of life and properties.
The conventional powers for having these done are gotten from the constitution.
Apparently, the constitution even though is written and made by men, can only be enforced by its drafter.
Unfortunately, the same constitution is not only inadequate but those who are presently charged with the responsibility of enforcing it, are incompetent, rigid and passive.
Re: Government Should Ban Sports Betting Halls Over Coronavirus by victoronwukwe(m): 9:04am On Mar 24, 2020
This is the most advisable thing to do yet there are people who are criticizing the OP!!??

You'll all contract that virus... You will contract it. Then we'll know what life you'd have to go and place your bets when this does down. Sad thing is: with people like you, the dying down process would be very slow. And even careful people would be affected by your stupidity...

Someone is talking about charging phone... SMH. It's official! There are people who either don't believe in corona being in Nigeria, don't believe they can contract it, don't believe it has a serious effect on its victims, or don't even know how contagious it is...
Re: Government Should Ban Sports Betting Halls Over Coronavirus by West2019(m): 9:05am On Mar 24, 2020
Bet9jaVirtual:
As regards this virus of a thing, I think the government should ban all sports betting houses from operating.

I passed one this morning and the number of people clustered around there playing virtual bet is quite alarming, and they’re always over crowded, shouting at each other and the virus can easily be spread there.

I pray that the government closes down all betting shops to prevent further spread of the virus.
you are very stupid , why did you ask the government to ban markets ,and public bus including inter state transport

1 Like

Re: Government Should Ban Sports Betting Halls Over Coronavirus by Gerrard59(m): 9:09am On Mar 24, 2020
After reading through this thread, I believe the greatest mistake one can make is to procreate in Nigeria and I also believe that this virus would spread quickly. Some of the folks playing Bet9ja and Co are close to aides of politicians who I believe have this virus. Na to siddon for house sure pass. This is a test of good leadership and Nigerians would pay dearly for it.

1 Like

Re: Government Should Ban Sports Betting Halls Over Coronavirus by Nobody: 9:12am On Mar 24, 2020
Gerrard59:
After reading through this thread, I believe the greatest mistake one can make is to procreate in Nigeria and I also believe that this virus would spread quickly. Some of the folks playing Bet9ja and Co are close to aides of politicians who I believe have this virus. Na to siddon for house sure pass. This is a test of good leadership and Nigerians would pay dearly for it.

asians have discipline, and understand sacrificing for the many. nigerians are undisciplined, selfish bastards. we cannot wait n queues, we are constantly cutting people off in traffic, we will stop buses in the middle of the road, causing traffic jams. we will spread this disease without giving a fk .
Re: Government Should Ban Sports Betting Halls Over Coronavirus by Gerrard59(m): 9:13am On Mar 24, 2020
victoronwukwe:
This is the most advisable thing to do yet there are people who are criticizing the OP!!??

You'll all contract that virus... You will contract it. Then we'll know what life you'd have to go and place your bets when this does down. Sad thing is: with people like you, the dying down process would be very slow. And even careful people would be affected by your stupidity...

Someone is talking about charging phone... SMH. It's official! There are people who either don't believe in corona being in Nigeria, don't believe they can contract it, don't believe it has a serious effect on its victims, or don't even know how contagious it is

There are many and I met them yesterday (from a distance). The vast majority of Nigerians don't believe they can contract this virus and that is the most dangerous thing in the country. If this virus spread rapidly (which is likely due to the obduracy and ignorance I witnessed yesterday), it is doomsday for Nigeria. No one would go out and people will die.

1 Like

Re: Government Should Ban Sports Betting Halls Over Coronavirus by dckng16(m): 9:14am On Mar 24, 2020
On bet9ja site right now.

Will Covid19 end April 30th

Odds: Yes. 7.30 No. 1.50

Stake high to win better money grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Government Should Ban Sports Betting Halls Over Coronavirus by oodua1stson: 9:15am On Mar 24, 2020
josielewa:
People no dey fear ooo, for this coro period..I think it should be closed asap...
Pls if you have anything no matter how little you can drop, I will really appreciate..it's not a good thing to post my account details here, BT how will help come..pls anything.
0026134698. Access bank
oloriburuku Ara e. You want others businesses to close so they can become beggar like you online

Onikuure
Re: Government Should Ban Sports Betting Halls Over Coronavirus by EdoPrince93(m): 9:15am On Mar 24, 2020
toffyz:

In fact, na god of iron go do the OP strong thing, ewu!

Where person wan they go charge, when NEPA no dey bring light

This is one of the senseless and selfish Nigerians we have in this country... Bet9ja has destroyed his life and he is still basking in the degradation he faces from this addiction... You want to risk Nigerian lives because of your useless 100 naira game... On behalf of well meaning Nigerians you are not well.. You can play your bet9ja online... I wonder if you think at all....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Government Should Ban Sports Betting Halls Over Coronavirus by benflow7(m): 9:19am On Mar 24, 2020
This is surely a good observation, I know some of us will still blame the government when we ourselves are unruly and defiant to simple instructions. Please let's push this on until it sinks to hear of everyone who cares about their lives and family.
Let's also push this to the corridor of our local chairmen and council chairmen this is the time to be proactive

1 Like

Re: Government Should Ban Sports Betting Halls Over Coronavirus by sirblend: 9:20am On Mar 24, 2020
toffyz:

Exactly! No work cos of coro and also no light....I am about going out to charge my phone..
Re: Government Should Ban Sports Betting Halls Over Coronavirus by oludavkay: 9:21am On Mar 24, 2020
Ezemarcel:
God purnish u for this nonesense post.....why not tell government to ban supermarket and market halls....mugu

E pain am , bloody gambler
Re: Government Should Ban Sports Betting Halls Over Coronavirus by piyoo91: 9:23am On Mar 24, 2020
Bet9jaVirtual:
As regards this virus of a thing, I think the government should ban all sports betting houses from operating.

I passed one this morning and the number of people clustered around there playing virtual bet is quite alarming, and they’re always over crowded, shouting at each other and the virus can easily be spread there.

I pray that the government closes down all betting shops to prevent further spread of the virus.
What of market places?
Re: Government Should Ban Sports Betting Halls Over Coronavirus by josielewa(m): 9:24am On Mar 24, 2020
oodua1stson:
oloriburuku Ara e. You want others businesses to close so they can become beggar like you online

Onikuure
Prevention is better than cure. As for the begging aspect, have never done this before and there is no pride in doing it. Just in a tight angle. No need for insults, its just an advice..Goodluck and good morning
Re: Government Should Ban Sports Betting Halls Over Coronavirus by iLegendd(m): 9:24am On Mar 24, 2020
They surely will and it's good they should.

I'm just afraid of the increase in crime rate — foodstuff crime.
Re: Government Should Ban Sports Betting Halls Over Coronavirus by kings59: 9:26am On Mar 24, 2020
Heineken:
To me, I feel the op is right.

Now let's assume you are an undergraduate and you live with your parents.

Your dad works in bet9ja . Now, FG gives an order for all sporting companies (bet companies) to be shut.

Your dad goes to work the next day and he is handed a letter, that his services won't be needed for now.

Hope you are gonna praise the FG??

Berra listen to yourself.

Those boys can start robbing if there are no other means.
Re: Government Should Ban Sports Betting Halls Over Coronavirus by Heineken(m): 9:27am On Mar 24, 2020
kings59:

Now let's assume you are an undergraduate and you live with your parents.

Your dad works in bet9ja . Now, FG gives an order for all sporting companies (bet companies) to be shut.

Your dad goes to work the next day and he is handed a letter, that his services won't be needed for now.

Hope you are gonna praise the FG??

Berra listen to yourself.

Those boys can start robbing if there are no other means.
sir you have a very good point seriously but in this case of Corona virus I feel it's better. At least for now. When it stops, fine.

1 Like

Re: Government Should Ban Sports Betting Halls Over Coronavirus by piyoo91: 9:28am On Mar 24, 2020
Bet9jaVirtual:

They should ban bet9ja for now
Are mad ni? You wan take away my source of income?
Re: Government Should Ban Sports Betting Halls Over Coronavirus by great664(m): 9:31am On Mar 24, 2020
Bet9jaVirtual:
Lalasticlala
Push this to front page
Some states have already started banning betting shops

Issue is getting out of hand

I operate one in Plateau State and since yesterday I have shut down mine...

We don't need to wait for government to do everything for us....

We can help each other to stop the virus

1 Like

Re: Government Should Ban Sports Betting Halls Over Coronavirus by willyjacs(m): 9:36am On Mar 24, 2020
toffyz:

a fully charged phone over ur health? How old are u anyway? A 9yr old am sure
Re: Government Should Ban Sports Betting Halls Over Coronavirus by kings59: 9:36am On Mar 24, 2020
Heineken:
sir you have a very good point seriously but in this case of Corona virus I feel it's better. At least for now. When it stops, fine.

Then get ready for your house to be burgled, your properties stolen, your whole money in your account and your food stuffs.

You are about to go back to square 1

1 Like

Re: Government Should Ban Sports Betting Halls Over Coronavirus by edo3(m): 9:36am On Mar 24, 2020
sirblend:

Exactly! No work cos of coro and also no light....I am about going out to charge my phone..
I even dey bet9ja shop to charge my phone.. No light since yesterday..
Re: Government Should Ban Sports Betting Halls Over Coronavirus by Heineken(m): 9:41am On Mar 24, 2020
kings59:

Then get ready for your house to be burgled, your properties stolen, your whole money in your account and your food stuffs.

You are about to go back to square 1
lol my boss Don vex o.. The prayer should be Corona shouldn't last. And I see it ending soon.
Re: Government Should Ban Sports Betting Halls Over Coronavirus by Swingate(m): 9:41am On Mar 24, 2020
Are they still betting? I thought they postponed the league's due to the coronavirus .
Re: Government Should Ban Sports Betting Halls Over Coronavirus by Heineken(m): 9:42am On Mar 24, 2020
piyoo91:
Are mad ni? You wan take away my source of income?
hahahhahaha mehn
Re: Government Should Ban Sports Betting Halls Over Coronavirus by gambia(m): 9:43am On Mar 24, 2020
josielewa:
People no dey fear ooo, for this coro period..I think it should be closed asap...
Pls if you have anything no matter how little you can drop, I will really appreciate..it's not a good thing to post my account details here, BT how will help come..pls anything.
0026134698. Access bank

Noted
Re: Government Should Ban Sports Betting Halls Over Coronavirus by willyjacs(m): 9:44am On Mar 24, 2020
Dreamflyin:
They should ban offices, markets, malls, super markets and anywhere where more than 5 people can come together.
now read ur jargons again..i believ u just realized how low ur brain works.. They should ban supermarkets? So tell us, where should people buy essentials like food,soaps, and other things from when the ones they have get finished? U really lack sense and u should be embarrassed at ur own stupidity
Re: Government Should Ban Sports Betting Halls Over Coronavirus by ayomide77: 9:48am On Mar 24, 2020
If na play stop am

1 Like

Re: Government Should Ban Sports Betting Halls Over Coronavirus by LilPeezy(m): 10:03am On Mar 24, 2020
You r mad cos Lagos is crowded they should also ban less crowded places where I reside too abi... currently now d Bet9ja n Betking shops r less crowded sometimes u don't see more than 10 people's sef n na mega shops for dat Mata....we wey dey play normal slip nothing concern is with Virtual....no try talk dis nonsense again cos na wetin we take chop lif
Re: Government Should Ban Sports Betting Halls Over Coronavirus by Sunxhub: 10:03am On Mar 24, 2020
Mymynd4u:
It's not easy, especially with all these igbos around.. They will protest against buhari..

Betting is their source of feeding.. Even here in anambra, betting is our source of feeding..

Betting is our blood... Igbos are proud of betting.

We deverop grin betting spirit since birth and we pass to our generation.

Proud igbo blood grin
Mad oh
Re: Government Should Ban Sports Betting Halls Over Coronavirus by LilPeezy(m): 10:04am On Mar 24, 2020
Ezemarcel:
God purnish u for this nonesense post.....why not tell government to ban supermarket and market halls....mugu
Na beta Original God go punish am, d guy nor Sabi wetin em dey yearn

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

COVID-19: Members Of Ramaphosa's Team Evacuated From Abuja / Aju Mbaise A Natural Remedy For Bellyfat / Residents Lament As Ogun Major Roads Turn Dump Site (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.