Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,845 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:30 AM

Government Should Ban Sports Betting Halls Over Coronavirus - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Government Should Ban Sports Betting Halls Over Coronavirus (20196 Views)

FG Issues Travel Ban On 13 Countries Over Coronavirus / Anxiety In Edo Over Coronavirus Detection As Screening Begins At Benin Airport / Police Arrest Five Over Coronavirus Hoax In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Government Should Ban Sports Betting Halls Over Coronavirus by box523: 12:27pm On Mar 24, 2020
God bless Nigeria?t=9
Re: Government Should Ban Sports Betting Halls Over Coronavirus by Cantonese: 12:28pm On Mar 24, 2020
Mymynd4u:
It's not easy, especially with all these igbos around.. They will protest against buhari..

Betting is their source of feeding.. Even here in anambra, betting is our source of feeding..

Betting is our blood... Igbos are proud of betting.

We deverop grin betting spirit since birth and we pass to our generation.

Proud igbo blood grin

Typical amala chopping boy. Not hidden at all. No wonder while you all are asleep the Igbos work hard trading and buy off your lands, build fantastic houses, marry your daughters and make you tenants in your territories. When you wake up from your sleep, they give you money to play baba Ijebu, buy 100 recharge, play sports bet, drink paraga, smoke weed, eat amala/gbegiri/ewedu, hang on buses for free and plan how to sabotage the efforts of the very hard working Igbos.

See your head like brick layer trowel.
Re: Government Should Ban Sports Betting Halls Over Coronavirus by box467: 12:31pm On Mar 24, 2020
God bless Nigeria?t=10
Re: Government Should Ban Sports Betting Halls Over Coronavirus by maasoap(m): 12:36pm On Mar 24, 2020
Ezemarcel:
God purnish u for this nonesense post.....why not tell government to ban supermarket and market halls....mugu

106 likes

toffyz:

In fact, na god of iron go do the OP strong thing, ewu!
Where person wan they go charge, when NEPA no dey bring light

98 likes

Livi418:
Government should ban what
I think they should ban u first from posting nonsense here
Guy delete this post

And 35 likes

These posts didn't really surprise me but the number of likes for these comments!
Does it make sense to lose your life on top losing your money or just because you wanted to charge your phone in a public place? And these are the youth calling Buhari all sorts of names
Re: Government Should Ban Sports Betting Halls Over Coronavirus by maasoap(m): 12:40pm On Mar 24, 2020
tabuski:

Mumu. So they should ban ATM machines too and eateries
Thunder fire your generation

See mumu reasoning! Do you think if this thing continues like this, they won't ban even people from walking in the streets? You don't even realise what is coming
Re: Government Should Ban Sports Betting Halls Over Coronavirus by maasoap(m): 12:45pm On Mar 24, 2020
West2019:
you are very stupid , why DIDN'T you ask the government to ban markets ,and public bus including inter state transport

It may eventually come to that later. Betting shops are not providing essential service, just a place for addicts like you to waste stolen money. The question is: do you want to waste your life too? So, the stupid one is you
Re: Government Should Ban Sports Betting Halls Over Coronavirus by box307: 12:53pm On Mar 24, 2020
God bless Nigeria?t=2
Re: Government Should Ban Sports Betting Halls Over Coronavirus by maasoap(m): 12:54pm On Mar 24, 2020
oodua1stson:
oloriburuku Ara e. You want others businesses to close so they can become beggar like you online

Onikuure

By the time the business owners, attendants and betting addicts start infecting one another and dropping dead, the business will close itself. Did you see the pictures of business centres, offices, roads and streets across the world in areas where this thing hit them really hard? Exactly like ghost towns. And because of stubborn goats like you, Nigeria won't escape such situation. This is the same mistake Buhari and his administration made, refusal to take precaution.
Re: Government Should Ban Sports Betting Halls Over Coronavirus by maasoap(m): 12:58pm On Mar 24, 2020
kings59:

Now let's assume you are an undergraduate and you live with your parents.

Your dad works in bet9ja . Now, FG gives an order for all sporting companies (bet companies) to be shut.

Your dad goes to work the next day and he is handed a letter, that his services won't be needed for now.

Hope you are gonna praise the FG??

Berra listen to yourself.

Those boys can start robbing if there are no other means.

This is not about sacking but temporary closing down of non essential business and services that bring many people together. It may eventually come to that, even markets and malls
Re: Government Should Ban Sports Betting Halls Over Coronavirus by fastlane84: 1:35pm On Mar 24, 2020
Bet9jaVirtual:
As regards this virus of a thing, I think the government should ban all sports betting houses from operating.

I passed one this morning and the number of people clustered around there playing virtual bet is quite alarming, and they’re always over crowded, shouting at each other and the virus can easily be spread there.

I pray that the government closes down all betting shops to prevent further spread of the virus.

Oga mind ya self hoo
Re: Government Should Ban Sports Betting Halls Over Coronavirus by Ganjafama(m): 1:37pm On Mar 24, 2020
Bet9jaVirtual:
As regards this virus of a thing, I think the government should ban all sports betting houses from operating.

I passed one this morning and the number of people clustered around there playing virtual bet is quite alarming, and they’re always over crowded, shouting at each other and the virus can easily be spread there.

I pray that the government closes down all betting shops to prevent further spread of the virus.
They should also stop people from going to the market, entering public transport, going to the bank and also from going to shops.
Re: Government Should Ban Sports Betting Halls Over Coronavirus by Nobody: 1:45pm On Mar 24, 2020
vivaciousvivi:

Their families at home are not though.

Most are already liabilities to their families anyways
Re: Government Should Ban Sports Betting Halls Over Coronavirus by victoronwukwe(m): 2:29pm On Mar 24, 2020
Nikiballer:

The problem is: they could transfer it to their family members...
Re: Government Should Ban Sports Betting Halls Over Coronavirus by 1030(m): 2:35pm On Mar 24, 2020
What about banking halls of First Bank,Zenith,GT etc.Why must your recommendation be on betting shop alone.

Intact is only God almighty that will protect us because in Nigeria he believe in having good crowd in what ever we are doing.
Re: Government Should Ban Sports Betting Halls Over Coronavirus by scoundrel(f): 2:47pm On Mar 24, 2020
Well, I propose the government postpones the service not ban it completely.
Re: Government Should Ban Sports Betting Halls Over Coronavirus by vivaciousvivi(f): 3:50pm On Mar 24, 2020
Nikiballer:

Kai! Its like you recognised someone from that pic that has done you strong thing.
Ok o!
Re: Government Should Ban Sports Betting Halls Over Coronavirus by Nobody: 4:00pm On Mar 24, 2020
vivaciousvivi:

Kai! Its like you recognised someone from that pic that has done you strong thing.
Ok o!

grin grin....it is not that deep,I can as well say you are too remorseful for them though he carry my money go play that thing,they are just like drug addicts,never want to leave even though they keep losing on it....
Re: Government Should Ban Sports Betting Halls Over Coronavirus by vivaciousvivi(f): 4:59pm On Mar 24, 2020
Nikiballer:

grin grin....it is not that deep,I can as well say you are too remorseful for them though he carry my money go play that thing,they are just like drug addicts,never want to leave even though they keep losing on it....
I no talk am! grin
Of course I am remorseful for them and their families and the potential problems they may bring to them and the society at large.
Re: Government Should Ban Sports Betting Halls Over Coronavirus by Kenydisharp1985: 5:10pm On Mar 24, 2020
Corondian drivorce.
Re: Government Should Ban Sports Betting Halls Over Coronavirus by Nobody: 6:16pm On Mar 24, 2020
vivaciousvivi:

I no talk am! grin
Of course I am remorseful for them and their families and the potential problems they may bring to them and the society at large.

Ohh I see,you have a good heart and I wish your remorse can save them but it cant unless they find a way to stop their gamblng problem themselves and this companies will keep milking the addiction cos they don't care if they get RUINED...
Re: Government Should Ban Sports Betting Halls Over Coronavirus by vivaciousvivi(f): 8:48pm On Mar 24, 2020
Nikiballer:

Ohh I see,you have a good heart and I wish your remorse can save them but it cant unless they find a way to stop their gamblng problem themselves and this companies will keep milking the addiction cos they don't care if they get RUINED...
From Lagos to Las Vegas...we can't change who some people are or the industries that cater to them to fuel their habit. It is what it is dear.
Re: Government Should Ban Sports Betting Halls Over Coronavirus by Topshow4real: 2:09am On Mar 25, 2020
Gbogbo ile ov 1.5

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

COVID-19: Members Of Ramaphosa's Team Evacuated From Abuja / Residents Lament As Ogun Major Roads Turn Dump Site (Photos) / Sickle Cell: "Dreams Shattered, Disappointed But Survived" - Nigerian Lady

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.