Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,174 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:47 AM

Coronavirus: Winners Chapel Reacts To Criticism Of Service Held On Sunday 22nd - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Coronavirus: Winners Chapel Reacts To Criticism Of Service Held On Sunday 22nd (96087 Views)

"I Don't Pay Tithes To Winners Chapel Anymore" - Lady; Daddy Freeze Reacts / Pictures Of Winners Chapel International In Maryland, USA / Bishop Oyedepo Dedicates Winners' Chapel VGC, Lagos, Built By A Single Member (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coronavirus: Winners Chapel Reacts To Criticism Of Service Held On Sunday 22nd by OTayobami(m): 7:40pm On Mar 23, 2020
Uniquekriss:
most senseless post i have ever read. Ev en with all the explanation? Some members may not have known about the ban of such gatherings hence they were allowed to worship, using it as a means of sensitizing them. Even CAN stated so. Just like d statement read, less than half of the normal church population gathered.

And so the RCCG Church that was empty that same day means all it's members are literate right?
Re: Coronavirus: Winners Chapel Reacts To Criticism Of Service Held On Sunday 22nd by michoim(m): 7:42pm On Mar 23, 2020
I believe the response of the church

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Winners Chapel Reacts To Criticism Of Service Held On Sunday 22nd by uyplus(m): 7:42pm On Mar 23, 2020
Kingosytex:
I think the pastor was right.

The church is made up of both literate and illiterate congregants.

Those who came for service might not have been aware of the situation on ground.

Silly comment, but they came with cars right? How were they illiterates? Animal talk! Keep being an apologist to these pastorpreneurs and pulpit fraudsters..

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Winners Chapel Reacts To Criticism Of Service Held On Sunday 22nd by DCmonster: 7:43pm On Mar 23, 2020
voltron14:

But you spoke of Nigeria as a whole.
Nigeria cannot have a total lockdown. For a lockdown to be effective it takes the total number of days it takes for the virus to incubate which is 14 days and after which infected people call in emergency service and they get picked up for further isolation and treatment. Does Nigeria have an effective swift emergency response system? Does Nigeria have an efficient health care system? They can't afford not with the present clueless government. Even Trinidad and Tobago is presently on total lockdown, I was supposed to visit there before the whole thing.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Winners Chapel Reacts To Criticism Of Service Held On Sunday 22nd by deltateam: 7:43pm On Mar 23, 2020
OTayobami:

It is what it is man! Putting your so called Church members in arms way hence irresponsibility

Baba God, my hands are clean. I wash away my hands from this guilt. Forgive me of all my sins, in Jesus name, Amen.
Re: Coronavirus: Winners Chapel Reacts To Criticism Of Service Held On Sunday 22nd by Amsickindahead: 7:45pm On Mar 23, 2020
crackkhaus:

Lwkmd..guy u crazyyyy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Winners Chapel Reacts To Criticism Of Service Held On Sunday 22nd by sleemomymy: 7:46pm On Mar 23, 2020
ValCon888:
That is a very dumb excuse.
How can you sensitize people by bringing all of them into one enclosed space? Why can't you sensitize them online or send text messages?

I have said it before and I'll say it again. This virus will spread not because it's contagious. It will spread because of the actions of stupid people.
. The did had already been done. The best damage he can do now is to isolate all those that were present. I smell selfishness and grid.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Winners Chapel Reacts To Criticism Of Service Held On Sunday 22nd by rottennaija(m): 7:46pm On Mar 23, 2020
Luvinghubby:
Let's be law abiding at these trying times. All members was administered with hand sanitizers before entry into the auditorium.

And cough? Sneeze? Spits? Nonsense excuses
Re: Coronavirus: Winners Chapel Reacts To Criticism Of Service Held On Sunday 22nd by Glink2018(m): 7:46pm On Mar 23, 2020
OTayobami:
What Insolence! I am a Christian but that won't stop me from saying the truth, how can you put the lives of the masses in jeopardy?!
*Modified*
I am not bothered about any tithe or offering but going to this length to disobey government orders shows how irresponsible he is and does not care about the masses.
Why not tell them to stay at home and make their prayers to God, even tho there are some illiterates that are not aware or can't connect with the online service

Your submission devoid common sense

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Winners Chapel Reacts To Criticism Of Service Held On Sunday 22nd by Nobody: 7:46pm On Mar 23, 2020
Any poor man that choose to be stupid this period will be abandoned on bed full with bugs meanwhile the rich will be attended to at gwagwalada hospital.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Winners Chapel Reacts To Criticism Of Service Held On Sunday 22nd by ollyruffy: 7:48pm On Mar 23, 2020
One of the most stupid excuse I have read in a while.

I am not surprised at the action of the church. Their business is more important to them than the lives of their followers. Most likely the church still collected offerings from the attendees of the service.

I only pity the gullible followers. Even the GO himself is afraid of the virus and the followers went to pay offerings and risk getting infected on top of it.

I think most of these pastors are miracles workers. They should start using their miracles hands to cure corona virus patients. It's time for them to proof to the world that nigeria has many miracles hands.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Winners Chapel Reacts To Criticism Of Service Held On Sunday 22nd by nuclearboy(m): 7:50pm On Mar 23, 2020
The problem with this statement, is that he said closing churches is like closing hospitals

This is just an attempt at damage control

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Winners Chapel Reacts To Criticism Of Service Held On Sunday 22nd by PrinceGallant: 7:52pm On Mar 23, 2020
I had expected to read a cogent reason but alas I am disappointed. What a shallow thought. They endangered lives of illiterates and the literate to enlighten them at the expense of their health.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Winners Chapel Reacts To Criticism Of Service Held On Sunday 22nd by saajus: 7:53pm On Mar 23, 2020
Dumb excuse. Imagine one attendee infect hundreds/thousands of them. Anyone who has not heard of this Coronavirus is living in a very remote village. You have their contacts, you know where they live, you have very effective small cells fellowship. So, why do you have to gather?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Winners Chapel Reacts To Criticism Of Service Held On Sunday 22nd by Vectormike(m): 7:53pm On Mar 23, 2020
You didn't get the message? Read it again.

DSoj:
Arrogant liars.. and Oyedepo came to church in suit well prepared for the service... why didn't they tell the people to go back that they were complying with govt directive and guidance?

LIARS!
Re: Coronavirus: Winners Chapel Reacts To Criticism Of Service Held On Sunday 22nd by Ogaonos: 7:54pm On Mar 23, 2020
HigherEd:
PRESS STATEMENT FROM LIVING FAITH CHURCH ON CHURCH SERVICE OF MARCH 22, 2020

*Coronavirus: Compliance with Government Order – Matters Arising*

It has become necessary to issue this statement to clarify issues surrounding why Faith Tabernacle, Canaanland, the International Headquarters of Living Faith Church in Ogun State, held church service on Sunday, although with less than half of her regular worshippers.

There have been diverse responses varying from well-meaning concerns to uncharitable insinuations, misinterpretations, and unfounded allegations that the service was held in deliberate defiance of Ogun State Government ban on high-density gatherings, in the wake of COVID-19 pandemic. Nothing can be further from the truth.

For avoidance of doubt, as stakeholders and as a responsible organisation, Living Faith Church fully supports and encourages compliance with all initiatives of government to combat the spread of this dreaded virus. However, information has to be strategically disseminated to the grassroot, noting that the Church is a family and not an industry, it is for this reason that enlightenment and sensitization from the Church platform is a most effective way to get people involved in playing their part in terms of prayers and intercessions and not just staying away from Church without knowing what to do.

Invariably, a press release from the office of the CAN President, through his Special Assistant on media on Saturday March 21, 2020, expressed the same position that members who may gather in church premises, many of whom may not be aware of this regulations should be allowed to worship for the purpose of enlightenment on the subject matter.

As we all know, the Church is made up of both literate and illiterate congregants; many are not in touch with any of the modern platforms of communication and this is what we did yesterday. Indeed, the service was devoted entirely to sensitizing and mobilizing members of the Church regarding the danger of this deadly virus and the need to comply with government directives.

The Bishop has since engaged Ogun State Government at the highest level to clarify this issue and any misgivings and reiterated the full support of the church for the State Government’s efforts to ensure public safety, towards curtailing the spread of this deadly virus. He appreciates the opportunity of direct engagement and the understanding of the government. Cooperation to safeguard public safety is not just a moral obligation or civic responsibility; the church also considers it a spiritual duty.

For instance, to show how law abiding our organisation is and in compliance with government directives, all our primary and secondary schools across the nation have been directed to close down. Also, our students at Landmark University, Omuaran, Kwara State were sent back home, while Covenant University Students, who are currently on vacation were instructed to stay back at home while awaiting further directives from government.

As a responsible and law abiding organization we wish to state that will ensure compliance with the government directives in all our churches across the state .

The Church shall continue to engage all necessary logistics to ensure compliance with government directives and continue to pray for speedy divine intervention to stem this deadly virus.

Pastor Steve Ogah
Special Assistant to Bishop David Oyedepo

https://www.facebook.com/444807728996437/posts/1991025694374625/
this statement shows DT dis pastor is fake.trying to find excuse.if u are to go church make sure na genuine pastor be o.carona virus is for the genuine men of God as who don't have jets Nd sch for the rich

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Winners Chapel Reacts To Criticism Of Service Held On Sunday 22nd by TrebleChamp(m): 7:55pm On Mar 23, 2020
Kingosytex:

Those who came for service might not have been aware of the situation on ground.
So why didn't the church workers turned them back at the gate with clear explanation as to why?
Re: Coronavirus: Winners Chapel Reacts To Criticism Of Service Held On Sunday 22nd by tino22(m): 7:56pm On Mar 23, 2020
Good am a catholic and I think winners did the right thing. Considering taking the drastic measures of washing of hands, sanitizing the members and educating them in the need to be ready in this time of descry, knowing that God is the creator of the universe. See eh I know most of our priest and pastors are scams but God always have a way to draw his people to him, so if you stay at home that day you’re save if you go to church ⛪️ you’re safe. Let not be frighten but together worship the lord in words and in spirit. One love

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Winners Chapel Reacts To Criticism Of Service Held On Sunday 22nd by masterP042(m): 7:58pm On Mar 23, 2020
Kennydoc:

I hope your children and the generations after you will grow up maintaining social distancing when their mates study in school.
Funny enough u didn't see the other things but focused on social distancing, anyway if u have reasoning you would still know that social distancing is apt at this point in time, and even if it's not about this point in time still better than gathering in churches and talking about imaginary things and scamming the poor of their money

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Winners Chapel Reacts To Criticism Of Service Held On Sunday 22nd by mohims(m): 7:59pm On Mar 23, 2020
Yahoo Yahoo Pastor with 4 'O' clock eye

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Winners Chapel Reacts To Criticism Of Service Held On Sunday 22nd by voltron14: 7:59pm On Mar 23, 2020
DCmonster:
Nigeria cannot have a total lockdown. For a lockdown to be effective it takes the total number of days it takes for the virus to incubate which is 14 days and after which infected people call in emergency service and they get picked up for further isolation and treatment. Does Nigeria have an effective swift emergency response system? Does Nigeria have an efficient health care system? They can't afford not with the present clueless government. Even Trinidad and Tobago is presently on total lockdown, I was supposed to visit there before the whole thing.

I was in the Port of Spain years ago, and it's no different from Nigeria.

Stating the obvious about the Nigerian healthcare system would win no medals.

What we must do as a country is realise our failings and make the necessary adjustments collectively.

Everyone seems to think the fault of the nation isn't theirs.

The sum total of the average Nigerian is what we receive in terms of GDP, standard of living, access to healthcare and access to potable water.

Nigerians are the problem of Nigeria.
Re: Coronavirus: Winners Chapel Reacts To Criticism Of Service Held On Sunday 22nd by Halo22: 8:00pm On Mar 23, 2020
Good a thing you referred to those countries as ones with functional govts. So by implication, Nigeria is a shithole contraption where we have non functional leadership... Thanks.
haryomikun:

Oyedepo is a leader. Not of the government but a spiritual leader. That man closed down his branches in countries with functional govts but refused to do the same in Nigeria.

Re: Coronavirus: Winners Chapel Reacts To Criticism Of Service Held On Sunday 22nd by masterP042(m): 8:00pm On Mar 23, 2020
Kennydoc:

I hope your children and the generations after you will grow up maintaining social distancing when their mates study in school.
And if you, and probably if u have kids, don't maintain social distancing, I doubt if u guys will even see next month not to talk of having generations to come
Re: Coronavirus: Winners Chapel Reacts To Criticism Of Service Held On Sunday 22nd by xangerar: 8:01pm On Mar 23, 2020
HigherEd:
The governor must have been quite annoyed. Churches as big as Winners must for now switch to house fellowships. The odds of having a contaminated member amongst 300k people is very high.

I guessed so too. The Governor must have been enraged and inflamed. Who wont in this circumstance.
Re: Coronavirus: Winners Chapel Reacts To Criticism Of Service Held On Sunday 22nd by DCmonster: 8:08pm On Mar 23, 2020
voltron14:

I was in the Port of Spain years ago, and it's no different from Nigeria.

Stating the obvious about the Nigerian healthcare system would win no medals.

What we must do as a country is realise our failings and make the necessary adjustments collectively.

Everyone seems to think the fault of the nation isn't theirs.

The sum total of the average Nigerian is what we receive in terms of GDP, standard of living, access to healthcare and access to potable water.

Nigerians are the problem of Nigeria.
Am sorry, you sound like a zombie. Are you one? I don't live in trini, but how can you compare tribago with Nigeria? They have far better system than Nigeria can ever get in years to come. I was in Lagos 3 months ago as well.
Re: Coronavirus: Winners Chapel Reacts To Criticism Of Service Held On Sunday 22nd by voltron14: 8:11pm On Mar 23, 2020
DCmonster:
Am sorry, you sound like a zombie. Are you one? I don't live in trini, but how can you compare tribago with Nigeria? They have far better system than Nigeria can ever get in years to come. I was in Lagos 3 months ago as well.

Trinidad better system than Nigeria?

grin

Country with one of the highest crime rates in the world.

I'm telling you I've visited the place and you are even talking from afar.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Winners Chapel Reacts To Criticism Of Service Held On Sunday 22nd by dake40(m): 8:11pm On Mar 23, 2020
pek:
Sense is far from you. So that apology explanation makes sense to you? Govt gave a directive, they flaunted it. The church was ready for service on that Sunday.

I dey vex for you. You shouldnt have replied the slowpoke.
Re: Coronavirus: Winners Chapel Reacts To Criticism Of Service Held On Sunday 22nd by quiteboy(m): 8:13pm On Mar 23, 2020
That was why I said you can carry out announcement in any lingual at the gate for effective communication. Moreover news travel faster.
PrimadonnaO:

Shut the gate, fine. But remember that the real point of discouraging gatherings was to keep everyone safe. If those people are turned away at the gate without them realising the real reason, then the purpose has been defeated.

Those people will put themselves at risk in other ways.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Winners Chapel Reacts To Criticism Of Service Held On Sunday 22nd by gbagyiza: 8:15pm On Mar 23, 2020
Kingosytex:

Why r u trying to cover up sin. Please read Romans 13: 1-2. I am not praying for this but if in that service there was an infected person, what do u think will happen? There r some things that prayer alone cannot solve but physical measures, strict obedience to lay down rules n regulations will do. Moreover, the church have house fellow system, where people from the lower background meet to serve the Lord. Can't the church use those centres to educate n enlighten their members. This is not an excuse.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Winners Chapel Reacts To Criticism Of Service Held On Sunday 22nd by DCmonster: 8:17pm On Mar 23, 2020
voltron14:

Trinidad better system than Nigeria?

grin

Country with one of the highest crime rates in the world.

I'm telling you I've visited the place and you are even talking from afar.

High crime rate in Trinidad, yes agreed! Tobago has one of the lowest crime rate in the Caribbeans. USA and SA have high crime rates than tribago, can you compare either of them with Nigeria. I repeat they have better system in entirety than Nigeria will ever get in years to come. My fiancee is from Trinidad so I visit there often, so I know more than you already know about that country.
Re: Coronavirus: Winners Chapel Reacts To Criticism Of Service Held On Sunday 22nd by bbamusa: 8:21pm On Mar 23, 2020
HigherEd:
PRESS STATEMENT FROM LIVING FAITH CHURCH ON CHURCH SERVICE OF MARCH 22, 2020

*Coronavirus: Compliance with Government Order – Matters Arising*

It has become necessary to issue this statement to clarify issues surrounding why Faith Tabernacle, Canaanland, the International Headquarters of Living Faith Church in Ogun State, held church service on Sunday, although with less than half of her regular worshippers.

There have been diverse responses varying from well-meaning concerns to uncharitable insinuations, misinterpretations, and unfounded allegations that the service was held in deliberate defiance of Ogun State Government ban on high-density gatherings, in the wake of COVID-19 pandemic. Nothing can be further from the truth.

For avoidance of doubt, as stakeholders and as a responsible organisation, Living Faith Church fully supports and encourages compliance with all initiatives of government to combat the spread of this dreaded virus. However, information has to be strategically disseminated to the grassroot, noting that the Church is a family and not an industry, it is for this reason that enlightenment and sensitization from the Church platform is a most effective way to get people involved in playing their part in terms of prayers and intercessions and not just staying away from Church without knowing what to do.

Invariably, a press release from the office of the CAN President, through his Special Assistant on media on Saturday March 21, 2020, expressed the same position that members who may gather in church premises, many of whom may not be aware of this regulations should be allowed to worship for the purpose of enlightenment on the subject matter.

As we all know, the Church is made up of both literate and illiterate congregants; many are not in touch with any of the modern platforms of communication and this is what we did yesterday. Indeed, the service was devoted entirely to sensitizing and mobilizing members of the Church regarding the danger of this deadly virus and the need to comply with government directives.

The Bishop has since engaged Ogun State Government at the highest level to clarify this issue and any misgivings and reiterated the full support of the church for the State Government’s efforts to ensure public safety, towards curtailing the spread of this deadly virus. He appreciates the opportunity of direct engagement and the understanding of the government. Cooperation to safeguard public safety is not just a moral obligation or civic responsibility; the church also considers it a spiritual duty.

For instance, to show how law abiding our organisation is and in compliance with government directives, all our primary and secondary schools across the nation have been directed to close down. Also, our students at Landmark University, Omuaran, Kwara State were sent back home, while Covenant University Students, who are currently on vacation were instructed to stay back at home while awaiting further directives from government.

As a responsible and law abiding organization we wish to state that will ensure compliance with the government directives in all our churches across the state .

The Church shall continue to engage all necessary logistics to ensure compliance with government directives and continue to pray for speedy divine intervention to stem this deadly virus.

Pastor Steve Ogah
Special Assistant to Bishop David Oyedepo

https://www.facebook.com/444807728996437/posts/1991025694374625/
how would he collect his sunday payments if the state government allow Sunday to just pass him by...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Winners Chapel Reacts To Criticism Of Service Held On Sunday 22nd by voltron14: 8:22pm On Mar 23, 2020
DCmonster:
High crime rate in Trinidad, yes agreed! Tobago has one of the lowest crime rate in the Caribbeans. USA and SA have high crime rates than tribago, can you compare either of them with Nigeria. I repeat they have better system in entirety than Nigeria will ever get in years to come. My fiancee is from Trinidad so I visit there often, so I know more than you already know about that country.

Oh boy.

Trinidad is a third world country in every description of the term.

This is not in debate.

I have a close friend who is Trini (mixed race indian) who has been to Nigeria himself, and he'll be the first to rate Nigeria highly.

You aren't talking to a novice here.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply)

1000 NAMES, TITLES, AND ATTRIBUTES OF GOD (A-Z)WITH BIBLE VERSES / George Castro-Yankey Caught In Sex Scandal - VIDEO / Man Compares Magician Who 'Walks In The Air' To Jesus (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.