Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,498 members, 7,826,873 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:04 PM

Nigerians Abroad, How Do You Cope With The Coronavirus Issue? - Travel (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians Abroad, How Do You Cope With The Coronavirus Issue? (55000 Views)

The Bad Behaviour Of Some Nigerians Abroad / How Nigerians Abroad Complain About Loneliness Amazes Me / Nigerians Abroad Share Funny Incidents Of Culture Shock. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Abroad, How Do You Cope With The Coronavirus Issue? by GboyegaD(m): 3:43am On Mar 24, 2020
salford1:

Enjoy sir. Na you dey reign.

I dey try be like you.
Re: Nigerians Abroad, How Do You Cope With The Coronavirus Issue? by abokikhalifa: 3:57am On Mar 24, 2020
Jesse25:
Nigerians abroad are the people that bring this corona virus to this country nonsense who cares about them

Shut up you low life. Where they the one that created the virus ? Local man
Re: Nigerians Abroad, How Do You Cope With The Coronavirus Issue? by Toks2008(m): 4:12am On Mar 24, 2020
Keziehenry:
Am still wondering how Nigerians resident in Italy and other areas ravaged by this deadly virus are coping.

So if you are outside Naija kindly educate us on how you guys cope with this deadly virus.

I am on self isolation for the next 14days.

I have been having crazy symptoms but I will pull through in Jesus name. Amen

Btw, i have prepared enough Jollof rice, okazi soup and Ewa agoyin to last me for at least 2months. sad

6 Likes

Re: Nigerians Abroad, How Do You Cope With The Coronavirus Issue? by Yajman: 4:29am On Mar 24, 2020
In Budapest, we move in mask faces..work and study from home

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Abroad, How Do You Cope With The Coronavirus Issue? by Geenosko: 5:21am On Mar 24, 2020
A 21 day lock down starts in SA this Friday

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Abroad, How Do You Cope With The Coronavirus Issue? by shams040(m): 5:37am On Mar 24, 2020
In malaysia, we have total lockdown except if you want to get food and any very very exceptionally important stuff.
You do anyhow police go nab u.
Life going on just that I miss my pc and lab seat. Also have being sleeping like pomo.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Abroad, How Do You Cope With The Coronavirus Issue? by chukxie(m): 5:53am On Mar 24, 2020
Out here in China, we've been home for well over two months so we are pretty much used to the lockdown. Although life's gradually returning to normal here but people are still cautious when they go out, a lot of people still wear masks. My five year old daughter has English classes online twice a week; Mathematics, Pinyin and English spelling, writing and reading classes at home. For me I work from home, watch foreign TV channels on my android TV box; workout a bit on my balcony when I'm not feeling too lazy; go for strolls with wifey and daughter some evenings; learning to bake thanks to YouTube and gbenshing - my favourite lockdown activity grin

9 Likes

Re: Nigerians Abroad, How Do You Cope With The Coronavirus Issue? by Rubicon67(m): 6:47am On Mar 24, 2020
Jesse25:
Nigerians abroad are the people that bring this corona virus to this country nonsense who cares about them

They also brought Ebola?

The world is going through a difficult time and all you can contribute is a senseless comment. I can't believe you are the only sperm that was able to fertilise.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Abroad, How Do You Cope With The Coronavirus Issue? by sheller(m): 7:06am On Mar 24, 2020
e better say covi-19 birus kill u in abroad than dying here in Nigeria
Re: Nigerians Abroad, How Do You Cope With The Coronavirus Issue? by dederocs(m): 7:13am On Mar 24, 2020
Stay where you are.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Abroad, How Do You Cope With The Coronavirus Issue? by Nobody: 7:13am On Mar 24, 2020
Cherrybae:
Here in Vancouver Canada, schools, offices, banks all events are shutdown.

Everyone on self isolation. Cases are been reported and the authorities here are working hard.

I urge Nigerians to support the govt of the day in the fight against the Convid _19, the virus is a respected of no man.

Nigerians should stop spreading news that leads to panic, stop abusing your govt, rather support and encourage the govt efforts.

Here in Canada, there much cases which the media do not even report, there are lots of flaws here by the govt yet the citizens never abuse or castigated there govt nor go online spreading lots.

Should the virus enter Nigeria everyone will feel the effect both the rich and poor.

A word is enough for the wise.

Is Aba now Vancouver Canada?
Cherrybae:
I need to leave this country. Tired of hearing bad news.

Can someone advice me the best country to relocate to right now.

Cherrybae:
While returning from church today at Ogbor Hill in ABA I saw the above and I shared it and want to share it here too.

Nigerians are funny people but Aba no dey carry last

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Abroad, How Do You Cope With The Coronavirus Issue? by dederocs(m): 7:13am On Mar 24, 2020
sheller:
e better say covi-19 birus kill u in abroad than dying here in Nigeria
your foolishness is alarming

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Abroad, How Do You Cope With The Coronavirus Issue? by dederocs(m): 7:15am On Mar 24, 2020
Zaggie:
It has not been easy for some of us here in uae, I work in dubai airport free zone.
We can't work from home based on the nature of our job, but we will only be paid the numbers of days of we work. Meanwhile rent and other bills aren't on isolation, they keep working
una dey try, all na survival.
Re: Nigerians Abroad, How Do You Cope With The Coronavirus Issue? by egopersonified(f): 7:40am On Mar 24, 2020
even with 24 hours hustling, some families can't feed, what will now happen with zero bustling? I can't stop crying. Thinking of buying rice and oil to share if there is a lock down.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians Abroad, How Do You Cope With The Coronavirus Issue? by Nobody: 7:54am On Mar 24, 2020
I can't wait till this crisis is over. I now only go out when I need to get some groceries. I'm constantly scared for my parents, who both work in hospitals. I worry about my brothers, who I can't be with because I'm stuck in a different city. One of my friends is stuck in Vietnam and the other in Australia. I worry that the health care system in Vietnam is not as good as here in Germany and and about my friend in Australia, who is of a higher risk of getting the virus, due to her health condition.
Yet, I'm still the one calming everybody down, saying it'll be over soon, but when will it be?

There's a lot of assumptions that the western countries are handling things very well. No doubt they did compared to Nigeria for example, but truth is our health care systems will soon be overwhelmed, if the curve is not flattened. Most countries underestimated the virus at first. It's highly contagious and the numbers of the infected grow exponentially. We do not have the capacity to deal with such. Hell, Germany doesn't even have enough doctors, so please help flatten the curve by staying at home.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerians Abroad, How Do You Cope With The Coronavirus Issue? by engrelvis(m): 7:58am On Mar 24, 2020
Toks2008:

I am on self isolation for the next 14days.

I have been having crazy symptoms but I will pull through in Jesus name. Amen

Btw, i have prepared enough Jollof rice, okazi soup and Ewa agoyin to last me for at least 2months. sad
which country r u sir?
Re: Nigerians Abroad, How Do You Cope With The Coronavirus Issue? by Soknown: 8:15am On Mar 24, 2020
BlackPantherCri:

Where?
Cri, once a company in Lagos.
Re: Nigerians Abroad, How Do You Cope With The Coronavirus Issue? by Toks2008(m): 8:25am On Mar 24, 2020
engrelvis:
which country r u sir?
England
Re: Nigerians Abroad, How Do You Cope With The Coronavirus Issue? by delishpot: 8:26am On Mar 24, 2020
sarrki:

It’s all ruse

You can move freely

Only that you won’t be comfortable

You can go to stores ,pharmacy anywhere you want to

Depends on what stage of isolation the country/ city is in. If there is a strict restriction or curfew placed you will be arrested for breaking the rule.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Abroad, How Do You Cope With The Coronavirus Issue? by engrelvis(m): 8:28am On Mar 24, 2020
Toks2008:
England
damn! Is well
Re: Nigerians Abroad, How Do You Cope With The Coronavirus Issue? by AmazonHippolyta(f): 8:32am On Mar 24, 2020
cococandy:
I have 6 patients on my unit with covid symptoms . Awaiting test results. cry

Scared of taking it home to my family

Stay safe.You health workers all over the world are the real MVP cool

What state in the USA do you reside in?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Abroad, How Do You Cope With The Coronavirus Issue? by Odinaka00(m): 8:59am On Mar 24, 2020
Here in Johannesburg President Ramaphosa last night declared 21 days Nationwide lockdown starting on Thursday Morning.. So as e be now, I don't need to go to any mall to buy groceries, I will just go to Nigerian stores buy tubers of yam, beans, Okporoko, etc.

The funny thing is Nigerians in The street here nor send the virus.. they 're still hustling in Hillbrow and Yeoville
Re: Nigerians Abroad, How Do You Cope With The Coronavirus Issue? by Tecord1(m): 9:10am On Mar 24, 2020
Emmakohodis747:
It seems like church can't solve this one ��
Has science solved it? Italy is calling on God to help them. So it will be best you stop talking such trash and use your Data to inform the general public on how best to prevent being infected. Bless you

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Abroad, How Do You Cope With The Coronavirus Issue? by janettee(f): 9:36am On Mar 24, 2020
Germany is currently on lockdown, movements are restricted. So far, most people are cooperating with the lockdown. The main train station in my city looked empty last week, when I was there, the train itself was empty too with only few people.

The only shops open are grocery stores. The only people I know who are still going to work are those who work in the medical field.

I see some Nigerians in Nigeria aren't taking this seriously, if you have the chance, please stay at home, don't go to church or any gatherings whatsoever. I know Nigeria has only few cases currently but the rate at which this virus spread is very fast.

Italy and Germany didn't take it seriously at first, now look at the number of cases they have!.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Abroad, How Do You Cope With The Coronavirus Issue? by benji93: 9:39am On Mar 24, 2020
Well, well. Here in Ankara, the higher education directorate banned education for 3 weeks. That has been in effect since 16th March. Most Turkish students, except graduate students, have been sent home. As an international student, you are allowed to stay on campus if you have nowhere else to go. I was told the kind of inspection that goes on outside no be Joke. I have not been out for over a week. Thankfully, I stocked up for a few weeks including some cooked food prepared to last for at least 2-weeks- But I might consume all of it ahead of schedule. grin. I forgot to include the fact that eating out sometimes may not help your estimation of how much food you actually need when you have to hoard. Given the current explosion in the number of cases, classes are currently being held on zoom. It looks like the intended three-week-long break may be extended since the current number is over 1500. Note that the first case was recorded on the 10th of march. This is not surprising though, given the central nature of Turkey. The government is currently after individuals from Umram and their contacts. They won't tell the public the distribution of those numbers though-each city and the number of cases and deaths. Waiting patiently for this thing to hit the summit of its bell-curve. May God help us. Stay safe.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Abroad, How Do You Cope With The Coronavirus Issue? by Jorussia(m): 10:03am On Mar 24, 2020
Toks2008:
England
so Na England you dey wen you dey create those romance threads that year?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Abroad, How Do You Cope With The Coronavirus Issue? by Gokoyer0(m): 10:07am On Mar 24, 2020
What a city! Hope this pandemic will become a thing of the past soon. UK is in total lockdown right now.
Maxrider17:
I live in the centre of Barcelona Spain which used to be filled with tourist all over ghe world, as at today you can count the number of people in my entire neighbourhood. The good side of it is that the grocery stores are open 24/7, pharmacies and some fruit and meat shops too. The public transport still works. There are few government provisions to cushion the harsh effect of this period, for instance they have agreed to pay salaries of the two weeks we have been at home. There has been tax reduction for freelance workers. The entire situation is not as bad it should be, the only thing is that we are not used to staying this long at home especially if you live in a lively part of the city.
Re: Nigerians Abroad, How Do You Cope With The Coronavirus Issue? by slimsue(f): 10:20am On Mar 24, 2020
Total Lockdown in UK following police give the power to arrest anyone on the streets without a genuine reason of getting food or health care.
Re: Nigerians Abroad, How Do You Cope With The Coronavirus Issue? by BlackPantherCri: 10:24am On Mar 24, 2020
Soknown:

Cri, once a company in Lagos.

Oh no. Not me
Re: Nigerians Abroad, How Do You Cope With The Coronavirus Issue? by Whizzyasqi: 10:27am On Mar 24, 2020
In UAE, it's been awesome all through due to the government policy. U violate any policy, u are finished. There are strict preventive measures laid down already here n pple are adhering strictly to them all.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Lagosians, Why Are We Like This? (PHOTOS) / See How "Stan" The Robot Is Parking Cars At France’s Lyon Airport / The Modern Emerging Face Of Ibadan City.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.