Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,462 members, 7,819,683 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:47 PM

Choice Of Food Stuff Amid Coronavirus Lockdown - Food (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Choice Of Food Stuff Amid Coronavirus Lockdown (58390 Views)

Lockdown: US Destroys Tons Of Food As Farmer Can’t Get Buyers / Ghanaian Man On A Mission To Consume A Basin Of Food "Battling For His Life" / Drunk Man Ordered For 11 Plates Of Food Mistakenly (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Choice Of Food Stuff Amid Coronavirus Lockdown by udoka55555: 4:07am On Mar 24, 2020
This will not last a week man..

Nah die you dey oh

1 Like

Re: Choice Of Food Stuff Amid Coronavirus Lockdown by ubcandid(m): 4:12am On Mar 24, 2020
baby124:

You can soak the beans overnight. It will be soft in the morning and you can easily cook it
Wow. This is the beauty of the internet. You learn from diverse. But wont the beans lose it's nutrients or get weak for cooking leading to scattering. I love beans hard done.
Re: Choice Of Food Stuff Amid Coronavirus Lockdown by Ouchbabe(f): 4:17am On Mar 24, 2020
ubcandid:
Wow. This is the beauty of the internet. You learn from diverse. But wont the beans loose it's nutrients or get weak for cooking leading to scattering. I love beans hard done.
I cook it for some minutes at night then turn off my gas only to continue the cooking in the morning. This method saves me a lot of gas
Re: Choice Of Food Stuff Amid Coronavirus Lockdown by ubcandid(m): 4:32am On Mar 24, 2020
Ouchbabe:

I cook it for some minutes at night then turn off my gas only to continue the cooking in the morning. This method saves me a lot of gas
ok.
Re: Choice Of Food Stuff Amid Coronavirus Lockdown by baby124: 4:34am On Mar 24, 2020
ubcandid:
Wow. This is the beauty of the internet. You learn from diverse. But wont the beans lose it's nutrients or get weak for cooking leading to scattering. I love beans hard done.
Then you can soak it for an hr or two. It won’t be too soft but will cook faster than just raw. Moin moin doesn’t lose its nutrients and moin moin beans is well soaked or even Akara. So it’s fine. The longer you soak beans the softer it gets.

2 Likes

Re: Choice Of Food Stuff Amid Coronavirus Lockdown by t00dugged(f): 4:39am On Mar 24, 2020
Mutemenot:
Men 're no joking
na who get light dey do this one . Some people don't even have refrigerator .Having a refrigerator is luxury in Nigeria,just so you know. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Choice Of Food Stuff Amid Coronavirus Lockdown by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 4:46am On Mar 24, 2020
Suspect33:
and you'd be surprised over the effects of the lockdown, that's if Nigerians even cooperate
U are a qualified chef
Re: Choice Of Food Stuff Amid Coronavirus Lockdown by Nobody: 5:00am On Mar 24, 2020
Stock up on the following.

Nuts. Cashews groundnuts tiger nuts
Canned food. Like tomatoes sardines geisha
Noodles and pasta. Like indomie, spaghetti etc.
Chewy foods like biscuits and peanuts .

Then Rice , garri , bean and tubers of yam

1 Like

Re: Choice Of Food Stuff Amid Coronavirus Lockdown by Emma5097: 5:57am On Mar 24, 2020
mymadam:
Gari
Smoked fish (local)
Tomato puree (with pepper & onion)
Ground pepper
Rice
Eggs
Palm oil
Vegetable oil

You forgot to add lots of petrol or diesel as the case may apple. And may God not let your cooking gas run out.
Re: Choice Of Food Stuff Amid Coronavirus Lockdown by ugwum007(m): 6:11am On Mar 24, 2020
I have learnt to cook beans with electricity for 4hrs. I am not on prepaid meter so no problem.

1 Like

Re: Choice Of Food Stuff Amid Coronavirus Lockdown by Skmoda360(m): 6:25am On Mar 24, 2020
Mixedfraction:

Any source or reference? I would like to read for myself.. Honestly people are just spreading panic everywhere...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8142597/amp/Former-oil-exec-67-returned-UK-Nigerias-coronavirus-fatality.html
Re: Choice Of Food Stuff Amid Coronavirus Lockdown by bluefilm: 6:59am On Mar 24, 2020
staga:

Those who registered: how much were they paid?

I don't know about those who registered and how much they were paid.

I know about myself.

I was paid normal normal. grin
Re: Choice Of Food Stuff Amid Coronavirus Lockdown by Adewunmibaba(m): 7:25am On Mar 24, 2020
FreelanceRebel:
Everything
Except UrbaniCoro exposed food.
Avoid any uncooked food, sugar-cane, cold suya
Wash your fruits properly and eat at home

Some of you with bad habit of eating on the street should stop, take it home and eat in peace.
You will be biting corn and chew... Yam yam yam like goat... all that should stop.

Yam yam yam like goat got me �

If you must eat gala, put your mouth inside cloth through the neck, pass the roll under your cloth to the mouth.

I don talk my own oo... Make food no end your enjoyment
Re: Choice Of Food Stuff Amid Coronavirus Lockdown by Adewunmibaba(m): 7:25am On Mar 24, 2020
grin

Yam yam yam like goat got me � grin
Re: Choice Of Food Stuff Amid Coronavirus Lockdown by Mruwa1(m): 7:32am On Mar 24, 2020
Emmanuelhector:
OK
lol naija wat to do ...elect elect graduate na banker while badmin graduate dey form nepa dey go cut people wire dey go
Re: Choice Of Food Stuff Amid Coronavirus Lockdown by xcelentattitude(m): 7:37am On Mar 24, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr

My beer and my weed
Nothing can separate me from my beer and weed
Not that small Corona virus can prevent me from dragging my weed and drinking my beer

My nigggar

You see those three fridge
Na beer i want buy full am tomorrow
Then update enough parcel of weed
Na the last bottle of 33 i remove so
I dey buy enough bottles tomorrow

Ride on, keep jeopardizing your immune system.
Gradually, you've started writing letter to lady Rona.
Re: Choice Of Food Stuff Amid Coronavirus Lockdown by frugal(m): 7:45am On Mar 24, 2020
Ejjis:
My is cocoa yam �

Hey man. What do they call this pot in the market? I want to buy one, but don't know where or how to get it in Lagos.

I used this while growing up, and its very good for keeping your soup hot while eating.

Re: Choice Of Food Stuff Amid Coronavirus Lockdown by sawdi: 7:45am On Mar 24, 2020
Kraspo:
Rice
Unripe Plantain
Garri
Bread fruit
Agbacha (African salad)
Noodles

Tell me about this agbacha
Re: Choice Of Food Stuff Amid Coronavirus Lockdown by mymadam(m): 8:09am On Mar 24, 2020
Emma5097:

You forgot to add lots of petrol or diesel as the case may apple. And may God not let your cooking gas run out.

The @Op said 'food stuff'. The things you mentioned are assumed to be already in place wink
Re: Choice Of Food Stuff Amid Coronavirus Lockdown by Dandsome: 8:47am On Mar 24, 2020
nice one, lemme get some tips here
Re: Choice Of Food Stuff Amid Coronavirus Lockdown by Ddone4: 9:11am On Mar 24, 2020
Acidosis:

Egusi (melon)
Red oil and veg.oil
Crayfish
Sardines
Sachet tomatoe paste
Yam
Rice and more rice
Beans
Garri
Noodles
Semovita, poundo yam, wheat, Etc.
Essential ingredients (salt, all kinds of pepper, curry, thyme, Etc.)
Match box or lighter (without this simple tool, your food stuff is useless).

And don't forget to get some sachet or bottle water if you're the type that avoid the general water tank.

We shall overcome.
Do you know that have all this ordered for and delivered to you. marketplace is the last place we want to be in now

with daydone.com.ng provide you it all. They delivered agric produces at a reasonable price especially within ibadan at its environ
Re: Choice Of Food Stuff Amid Coronavirus Lockdown by somi: 9:31am On Mar 24, 2020
I also want to stock up but no money make una help a brother
Ecobank 0131068372
Re: Choice Of Food Stuff Amid Coronavirus Lockdown by ubcandid(m): 10:28am On Mar 24, 2020
baby124:

Then you can soak it for an hr or two. It won’t be too soft but will cook faster than just raw. Moin moin doesn’t lose its nutrients and moin moin beans is well soaked or even Akara. So it’s fine. The longer you soak beans the softer it gets.
thanks alot. I appreciate.
Re: Choice Of Food Stuff Amid Coronavirus Lockdown by Akanoaaa(m): 1:04pm On Mar 24, 2020
TRUSTEDGUY:
grin
Nigeria sef tire person.
No b who get moni go buy food?
Most people make subtenance living jo
I wish convid 19 go visit Aso Rock e for good
The thing don do as you wish o
Re: Choice Of Food Stuff Amid Coronavirus Lockdown by Occurstaem(m): 1:50pm On Mar 24, 2020
Emmanuelhector:
OK

What is wrong with you people posting false information. I am sure Gov. Wike did not say such.
Osagie Ehanire as minister for health is a surgeon and a medical doctor same with Adeleke Mamora as minister of state for health.
They obtained their qualifications as doctors from University of Munich and University of Ife(OAU) respectively.
Stop misleading people. Verify before posting such.
Gov. Wike could not have said that.
And take that picture down. Have a nice day

1 Like

Re: Choice Of Food Stuff Amid Coronavirus Lockdown by Thazard(m): 2:32pm On Mar 24, 2020
Re: Choice Of Food Stuff Amid Coronavirus Lockdown by Drdreluv: 3:33pm On Mar 24, 2020
Just add salt immediately u start cooking it the beans will.be soft on time
ubcandid:
Re: Choice Of Food Stuff Amid Coronavirus Lockdown by ogbu80(m): 3:39pm On Mar 24, 2020
Suspect33:
There cannot be a lockdown in a country like ours because the effect will be worse than the corona virus itself, the level of fear in the land sef is way more than the effect of the corona, people be acting like the world is ending next week, your panic makes matters worse
I like the panic cause it will make Nigerians take the matter serious.
Re: Choice Of Food Stuff Amid Coronavirus Lockdown by efficiencie(m): 7:20pm On Mar 24, 2020
Eat what will boost your immune system and keep you healthy!
Re: Choice Of Food Stuff Amid Coronavirus Lockdown by 1mrprolific7(m): 8:39pm On Mar 24, 2020
haaaaaaaaa:
I'm a vegetarian.
Like if you are with me. grin
This your loud Fit this pandemic
Re: Choice Of Food Stuff Amid Coronavirus Lockdown by YangaBabe: 9:45pm On Mar 24, 2020
mymadam:

Sorry, I am not the @op. True, the images are okay.

Forgive me if I quoted the wrong person. Just wanted to know if the Op used a Tecno phone.

Anyways let me quote the Op. Sorry for the inconvenience
Re: Choice Of Food Stuff Amid Coronavirus Lockdown by Nobody: 11:13pm On Mar 24, 2020
1mrprolific7:

This your loud Fit this pandemic
Boss, I don't think the virus can survive that kind of heat. Lol

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Suspect Paraded With Dead Poultry Meat He Picks From River To Sell In Maiduguri / I Bought A Paint Bucket Of Garri N1000 In My Area. How Much Is It In Your Area? / Onion I Bought For N30 and N50 Here In Portharcourt.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.