Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,873 members, 7,828,111 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:07 AM

Coronavirus: How Is COVID-19 Affecting You, Your Family, Work & Business? - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Coronavirus: How Is COVID-19 Affecting You, Your Family, Work & Business? (26625 Views)

Coronavirus: How The Suspected Patient In Enugu ‘Died’ — Igbere TV / Coronavirus: How Are Your Colleagues & Organizations Adapting To Mask Culture? / Coronavirus: How To Observe Unsupervised Self Quarantine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coronavirus: How Is COVID-19 Affecting You, Your Family, Work & Business? by Johnbosco77(m): 10:56am On Mar 24, 2020
I can't imagine the scale at which this pandemic will wipe out many souls....
I just pray we all live to tell tales...

PLS let dem recheck this our clueless president ooo, this one that ABBA kyari has tested positive..

3 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: How Is COVID-19 Affecting You, Your Family, Work & Business? by skyro(m): 10:56am On Mar 24, 2020
InformationHood

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: How Is COVID-19 Affecting You, Your Family, Work & Business? by Frankyboy1(m): 10:56am On Mar 24, 2020
Na was o
Re: Coronavirus: How Is COVID-19 Affecting You, Your Family, Work & Business? by iammo(m): 10:56am On Mar 24, 2020
i am so scared
Re: Coronavirus: How Is COVID-19 Affecting You, Your Family, Work & Business? by Norabay(f): 10:56am On Mar 24, 2020
HI

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: How Is COVID-19 Affecting You, Your Family, Work & Business? by mbahdi(m): 10:57am On Mar 24, 2020
Those saying it will soon be over.stay there dey deceive yourself
Re: Coronavirus: How Is COVID-19 Affecting You, Your Family, Work & Business? by chrischukszy01(m): 10:57am On Mar 24, 2020
Am happy that somebody powerful in D presidency is dying soon! Covid 1 9 is a Bae... Sickness for d rich n greedy... 35 senators now in panic. Karma works in diverse form...
Re: Coronavirus: How Is COVID-19 Affecting You, Your Family, Work & Business? by anslemarinze52(m): 10:58am On Mar 24, 2020
It affected my work oo......at about 9pm you'll Still see customers everywhere
But yday I could only count just one around 9pm till me closed by some minutes to 10
Re: Coronavirus: How Is COVID-19 Affecting You, Your Family, Work & Business? by travelland(f): 10:58am On Mar 24, 2020
On Christ the solid Rock I stand.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: How Is COVID-19 Affecting You, Your Family, Work & Business? by neyop85(m): 10:59am On Mar 24, 2020
I am not feeling too well. Occasional coughs and a feeling of mucus in my throat. It's been like that since Saturday but its improving.

I have locked myself in my apartment since just incase.

This virus has really gone far.

God be with us.
Re: Coronavirus: How Is COVID-19 Affecting You, Your Family, Work & Business? by trexglox(f): 10:59am On Mar 24, 2020
business is just boring this period. no morale to advertise.. may God help us
Re: Coronavirus: How Is COVID-19 Affecting You, Your Family, Work & Business? by Billygee2u: 10:59am On Mar 24, 2020
jericco1:
I've been indoors for almost two weeks now. What do you think? angry undecided
You better continue.

Coronavirus cases top 330,000 worldwide as WHO warns 'pandemic is accelerating'
CGTN
SUMMARY
The COVID-19 outbreak was first reported in the city of Wuhan, central China's Hubei Province, in December 2019. Experts have attributed the outbreak to a novel coronavirus that has since spread across China and abroad with confirmed cases now exceeding 330,000 globally.

Here is what we know so far:

China: 81,747 confirmed cases (including 427 originating abroad); 3,283 deaths (including four in Hong Kong and two in Taiwan); 73,299 recovered

After five days of zero new cases, central China's Hubei Province reported one new COVID-19 case on Monday.

Wuhan will lift outbound travel restrictions starting April 8 after over two months on lockdown.

2020 Tokyo Olympics will be postponed by one year because of the coronavirus, International Olympic Committee member Dick Pound said. But the official announcement is yet to be made.

Italy: 4,789 new cases were reported, bringing the total to 63,927. Death toll rose by 601 to 6,077. Its "patient one" was discharged on Monday.

State leaders and senior officials on alert: German Chancellor Angela Merkel tested negative for the virus. Prince Albert II of Monaco tested positive for COVID-19. EU's chief Brexit negotiator Michel Barnier announced he also tested positive for the virus.

TIMELINE
16:46, 24-Mar-2020
Wuhan to lift restrictions on outbound travelers starting April 8

In a bid to resume the outbound movement of people, the health commission of central China's Hubei Province announced on Tuesday that residents of Wuhan, hit hardest by the COVID-19 outbreak in the country, will be allowed to travel outside the city starting April 8.

People in Wuhan will be allowed to travel outside the city and the province if they hold a green health code - meaning no contact with any infected or suspected COVID-19 cases, the commission said, adding that other cities in the province will lift travel curbs on March 25.

Meanwhile, colleges and universities, primary and secondary vocational schools, technical colleges and kindergartens in the province will remain closed.

China reported 78 new cases of the deadly coronavirus on Tuesday, with the vast majority brought in from overseas.

Click here for more.

16:45, 24-Mar-2020
380 of 427 imported coronavirus cases in China are Chinese nationals

The Chinese Foreign Ministry said that 380 of 427 imported coronavirus cases reported in China as of end of Monday are Chinese nationals.

16:30, 24-Mar-2020
Laos confirms first two COVID-19 cases

Health Ministry official in Laos confirmed the country's first two cases of COVID-19 during a press conference on Tuesday.

15:46, 24-Mar-2020
Finland's former president Martti Ahtisaari, who won the Nobel Peace Prize in 2008, has tested positive for the coronavirus, the president's office said on Tuesday.

"The infection was confirmed on Monday, March 23. President Ahtisaari is doing well, considering the situation," the office said in a statement.

15:30, 24-Mar-2020
Thai Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha said on Tuesday that Thailand will enter a state of emergency on Thursday to control and prevent the spread of COVID-19.

14:58, 24-Mar-2020
Shanghai to halt intl. flights at Hongqiao airport after Wednesday

Starting from Wednesday midnight, Shanghai Hongqiao International Airport will halt all international, Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan inbound and outbound flights, according to the Shanghai municipal authority.

Flights scheduled prior to the deadline will be moved to Pudong airport, but Hongqiao airport will remain operational for backup landings.

The decision was made to focus efforts on preventing imported coronavirus cases as Shanghai now stands as one of the hot spots of imported cases in China.

14:58, 24-Mar-2020
Answer Bank: When should you go to hospital amid COVID-19 pandemic?

Amid the global spread of coronavirus, people around the world are being asked to stay indoors, observe social distanciing. www.CGTN.com

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: How Is COVID-19 Affecting You, Your Family, Work & Business? by Offpoint: 10:59am On Mar 24, 2020
Living normal life over here, ain't scared of nothing
Re: Coronavirus: How Is COVID-19 Affecting You, Your Family, Work & Business? by terrezo2002(m): 10:59am On Mar 24, 2020
I have no worries. Let's just pray to God for mercy
Re: Coronavirus: How Is COVID-19 Affecting You, Your Family, Work & Business? by helinues: 11:00am On Mar 24, 2020
Bad oo
Re: Coronavirus: How Is COVID-19 Affecting You, Your Family, Work & Business? by Sexyjigga(m): 11:01am On Mar 24, 2020
Well,since everywhere is partially on lock down,Been home chilling after stocking up on Food stuffs, groceries, fruits and alcohol...DSTV on standby,constant light and enough data to browse the internet.

Alexa please play me Doing just fine by Boyz 11 men.

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: How Is COVID-19 Affecting You, Your Family, Work & Business? by Nobody: 11:01am On Mar 24, 2020
I work.at home

Not affecting me much

Just different trades these days
Either way profit is made
Re: Coronavirus: How Is COVID-19 Affecting You, Your Family, Work & Business? by Silva79(f): 11:01am On Mar 24, 2020
I run a sport bet shop,I'm planning to lock down next month once I pay this months salaries to my employees. Its really affecting businesses

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: How Is COVID-19 Affecting You, Your Family, Work & Business? by travelland(f): 11:01am On Mar 24, 2020
wman:

If you know it wasn't affecting you, you could have kept quiet for others to speak.

Of course, it's all about you. Not about the restaurants, hotels and other businesses losing money

Some christians and their 'my case is different' mentality. They don't care about others dying in accidents or other disasters. All they care about is themselves.

Jesus Christ was never like that. He was a compassionate person that was moved by the suffering of others.

If churches and mosques are closed why are Hotels, Brotels and Guest houses still open? are churches and mosques not also losing money?
Re: Coronavirus: How Is COVID-19 Affecting You, Your Family, Work & Business? by SocialJustice: 11:02am On Mar 24, 2020
I'm jobless and live in a small remote town. It is only online I see covid19 news. No direct effect in any way.

6 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: How Is COVID-19 Affecting You, Your Family, Work & Business? by Nobody: 11:02am On Mar 24, 2020
mattyboy007:
Notin fr now jst chilling at home even dou am scared..

Jst waiting fr news of anoda test to be conducted on buhari since Abba tested positive

grin grin Abeg you guys should free my presido o, please, lol grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: How Is COVID-19 Affecting You, Your Family, Work & Business? by Nobody: 11:02am On Mar 24, 2020
DateMynd44:
It has never and will Never affect me according to the power that worketh in me
looking at your coronally
Re: Coronavirus: How Is COVID-19 Affecting You, Your Family, Work & Business? by Imoobot(m): 11:02am On Mar 24, 2020
Randy100:
My business is booming oh. The way I am selling chloroquine and Azithromycin this days, I just hope the virus stay a little longer.

................i Just hope you stay alive to enjoy the money. tueeh!
Re: Coronavirus: How Is COVID-19 Affecting You, Your Family, Work & Business? by stephenwa(m): 11:03am On Mar 24, 2020
Dreamer
DateMynd44:
It has never and will Never affect me according to the power that worketh in me
Re: Coronavirus: How Is COVID-19 Affecting You, Your Family, Work & Business? by Nairaballers94(m): 11:03am On Mar 24, 2020
riches4me:
Anxiety! doomsday picture always on my mind if things continue like this.
That's what am seeing my fellow being...
Re: Coronavirus: How Is COVID-19 Affecting You, Your Family, Work & Business? by A305: 11:03am On Mar 24, 2020
Not suprised at the latest turn of events due to the disease out break; it's only people who don't know history that will fume as it all unfolds.

Before malaria drug was discovered, Malaria had one point wiped a quarter of the population out of existence even the greatest Warrior and one of the ancient Rome greater king ever (Alexander the Great) was killed by malaria.

Chicken pox killed more people in time past than Coronavirus will even do today because we can quarantine, isolated and aware.

Many more bacteria and viruses had come and and go leaving human immune to them or prevented them and also managing this uncurable such as HIV/Cancer - in the end of it all we still human, fallible and exposed to illnesses and defects; so why don't you take your bible and shove it up your a ss because reality don't give a piss box about God or any religion, Reality is savage.

There is only one rule and it's simple - you not getting out of life alive.

Yes - The recent outbreak has affected the economy which as a domino affected every intricate web of economic activity. Permit me to laugh here (Hahahahahhahahhahaha) your boy has been running things from home before corona so am yet to feel the fire flame; which is I came in the next week because we slipping into recessio. But f uck my mom's pastor for telling her to pray because these are signs of end times - And if you down with the pastor go un-f uck yourself.

I, as an atheist; here is what I hold on to "Stand by glass steady and drink to your comrade's eyes, Here's a toast to the dead already and hurrah for the next to die."

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: How Is COVID-19 Affecting You, Your Family, Work & Business? by Zombiekiller010: 11:04am On Mar 24, 2020
It didn't affect me in anyway
Re: Coronavirus: How Is COVID-19 Affecting You, Your Family, Work & Business? by kendological(m): 11:04am On Mar 24, 2020
Randy100:
My business is booming oh. The way I am selling chloroquine and Azithromycin this days, I just hope the virus stay a little longer.
Idiot.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: How Is COVID-19 Affecting You, Your Family, Work & Business? by mrYaskid(m): 11:04am On Mar 24, 2020
wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Tingling/Burning Sensation On My Pubic Area / Kissing May Cause Sexually Transmitted Diseases - The Lancet / Doctors Trained For Free In Nigeria To Serve For 9 Years Before Leaving - Ngige

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.