Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,606 members, 7,809,218 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:38 AM

How Does This Prove the existence of the christian god ? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Does This Prove the existence of the christian god ? (1993 Views)

It’s Very Illogical To Worship The Christian God. / Things God Could Have Preserved To Prove The Truth Of The Bible / Is It Only Africans That Believe In The Existence Of Ghosts And Witches? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Does This Prove the existence of the christian god ? by Jeromejnr(m): 1:30am On Mar 25, 2020
UnclePrincipal:

Ok mr intelligent.

If Atheism is a lack of belief (IN AN OBJECT HERE WHICH IS THE TERM "GOD"wink, therefore it is also a belief that there is no God.

This is the rubbish I'm talking about.

Well, Mr Genius.

When next you point out something to use in an argument, make sure you put the statements in context.

You should read from when the argument first started.

Notice also I started that line with an "if". Meaning I was referencing an earlier statement made by the defendant. It wasnt my statement.

What does it mean by Lack of belief in something?

Maybe this toddler example will help you:

"I do not have a belief in a spaghetti monster, therefore I have belief there is no Spaghetti monster".

If you still cant understand that, then I don't know what you were taught in school.
Re: How Does This Prove the existence of the christian god ? by lepasharon(f): 1:32am On Mar 25, 2020
Jeromejnr:

How did you confidently come to the conclusion that there is no God and it hasn't been proven?

Have you interviewed every single human, tribe and race in the world to arrive at that?

Besides if there is a God, He has to be outside the universe init? We have only a scale on the observable universe; have we proven beyond the observable universe? Do you scientists even know what dark matter is that makes up most of the universe?

Well that's why the Bible speaks differently on how to approach these topics which I wont get into here.

How do you know the flying spaghetti monster doesn't exist?

1 Like

Re: How Does This Prove the existence of the christian god ? by UnclePrincipal(m): 1:33am On Mar 25, 2020
Jeromejnr:

Well, Mr Genius.

When next you point out something to use in an argument, make sure you put the statements in context.

Notice also I started that line with an "if". Meaning I was referencing an earlier statement made by the defendant. It wasnt my statement.

"I do not have a belief in a spaghetti monster, therefore I have belief there is no Spaghetti monster".

If you still cant understand that, then I don't know what you were taught in school.

I guessed you didn't vist the link i dropped for you. You're a close minded fellow. Debating with you will be complete waste of time. Goodnight
Re: How Does This Prove the existence of the christian god ? by UnclePrincipal(m): 1:34am On Mar 25, 2020
Jeromejnr:

Well, Mr Genius.

how can you have "belief" in something you don't accept at all?
Use your brain here.
Re: How Does This Prove the existence of the christian god ? by Jeromejnr(m): 1:36am On Mar 25, 2020
UnclePrincipal:

Ok mr intelligent.

If Atheism is a lack of belief (IN AN OBJECT HERE WHICH IS THE TERM "GOD"wink, therefore it is also a belief that there is no God.

This is the rubbish I'm talking about.

Atheism is not an affirmative belief that there is no god nor does it answer any other question about what a person believes. It is simply a rejection of the assertion that there are gods. Atheism is too often defined incorrectly as a belief system. To be clear: Atheism is not a disbelief in gods or a denial of gods; it is a lack of belief in gods.

Read more mr dumb
https://www.atheists.org/activism/resources/about-atheism/

Lol..Atheists on Nairaland always changing their definitions.

It's good you want to sleep sha.
Re: How Does This Prove the existence of the christian god ? by UnclePrincipal(m): 1:38am On Mar 25, 2020
Jeromejnr:

Lol..Atheists on Nairaland always changing their definitions.

It's good you want to sleep sha.

Bro. This is what make sense. When there is "lack of belief ". It simply means you refused to accept whatever is presented to you.
Re: How Does This Prove the existence of the christian god ? by Jeromejnr(m): 1:39am On Mar 25, 2020
UnclePrincipal:
how can you have "belief" in something you don't accept at all?
Use your brain here.

Not accepting something and not believing in a thing are two different things.

Stop arguing incoherently. I will help you by not even using that against you.
Re: How Does This Prove the existence of the christian god ? by Jeromejnr(m): 1:40am On Mar 25, 2020
lepasharon:

How do you know the flying spaghetti monster doesn't exist?

That's an old argument starter. I have long passed that.

You should ask more in depth questions.
Re: How Does This Prove the existence of the christian god ? by Jeromejnr(m): 1:41am On Mar 25, 2020
UnclePrincipal:

Bro. This is what make sense. When there is "lack of belief ". It simply means you refused to accept whatever is presented to you.

So u refuse to accept a thing against hard evidence?
Re: How Does This Prove the existence of the christian god ? by UnclePrincipal(m): 1:41am On Mar 25, 2020
Jeromejnr:

Stop arguing incoherently. I will help you by not even using that against you.

I was assuming before now i know you're really dumb.

Re: How Does This Prove the existence of the christian god ? by Jeromejnr(m): 1:42am On Mar 25, 2020
UnclePrincipal:

I was assuming before now i know you're really dumb.

I no see anything o.

What are you showing there?

How does it negate my statement Mr . Man.
Re: How Does This Prove the existence of the christian god ? by UnclePrincipal(m): 1:43am On Mar 25, 2020
Jeromejnr:

I no see anything o.

How can a blind see?
Re: How Does This Prove the existence of the christian god ? by lepasharon(f): 1:43am On Mar 25, 2020
Jeromejnr:

That's an old argument starter. I have long passed that.

You should ask more in depth questions.

Well, I do believe in HIm. Why don't you?
Re: How Does This Prove the existence of the christian god ? by UnclePrincipal(m): 1:43am On Mar 25, 2020
Jeromejnr:

So u refuse to accept a thing against hard evidence?
What is the "hard evidence"?
Re: How Does This Prove the existence of the christian god ? by Jeromejnr(m): 1:44am On Mar 25, 2020
UnclePrincipal:

How can a blind see?

A blind man can see sir when his sight is given.
Re: How Does This Prove the existence of the christian god ? by Jeromejnr(m): 1:46am On Mar 25, 2020
UnclePrincipal:

What is the "hard evidence"?

Hard evidence of what? You were the one that gave the definition.

And you brought a screenshot of another definition that went against your own.
Re: How Does This Prove the existence of the christian god ? by Jeromejnr(m): 1:47am On Mar 25, 2020
lepasharon:

Well, I do believe in HIm. Why don't you?

Because I have not seen your Spaghetti monster making contributions to mankind.
Re: How Does This Prove the existence of the christian god ? by lepasharon(f): 1:48am On Mar 25, 2020
Jeromejnr:

Because I have not seen your Spaghetti monster making contributions to mankind.

And who told you he hasn't made contributions to mankind? Why not open your heart?
Re: How Does This Prove the existence of the christian god ? by Jeromejnr(m): 1:49am On Mar 25, 2020
lepasharon:

And who told you he hasn't made contributions to mankind? Why not open your heart?

It is open o. Show me.
Re: How Does This Prove the existence of the christian god ? by lepasharon(f): 1:53am On Mar 25, 2020
Jeromejnr:

It is open o. Show me.

Look at how perfectly round the planets are, just like meatballs.

You think it's a coincidence?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Does This Prove the existence of the christian god ? by UnclePrincipal(m): 1:53am On Mar 25, 2020
Jeromejnr:

Hard evidence of what? You were the one that gave the definition.

And you brought a screenshot of another definition that went against your own.

You're really a confused fellow.

Didn't you typed this?
According to you they are two different things which i showed you the definition of the word "belief". That to have a belief is to accept something is true without a proof.

I didn't mention hard evidence. You were the one asking this question. "So u refuse to accept a thing against hard evidence?"
Re: How Does This Prove the existence of the christian god ? by Jeromejnr(m): 1:55am On Mar 25, 2020
lepasharon:

Look at how perfectly round the planets are, just like meatballs.

You think it's a coincidence?

Well, your spaghetti god is not knowledgeable then.

The planets arent perfectly round, they are spheres.
Re: How Does This Prove the existence of the christian god ? by lepasharon(f): 1:57am On Mar 25, 2020
Jeromejnr:

Well, your spaghetti god is not knowledgeable then.

The planets arent perfectly round, they are spheres.

A sphere is round
Re: How Does This Prove the existence of the christian god ? by Jeromejnr(m): 1:59am On Mar 25, 2020
UnclePrincipal:

You're really a confused fellow.

Didn't you typed this?
According to you they are two different things which i showed you the definition of the word "belief". That to have a belief is to accept something is true without a proof.

I didn't mention hard evidence. You were the one asking this question. "So u refuse to accept a thing against hard evidence?"

Sigh.

Okay see what you wrote that I quoted.

"Bro. This is what make sense. When there is "lack of belief ". It simply means you refused to accept whatever is presented to you."

Now observe your last statement. You said you refuse to accept whatever is presented in your definition.

Which could also be the same as hard evidence.

This is why I asked the question.

So your boy ain't confused bro.
Re: How Does This Prove the existence of the christian god ? by Jeromejnr(m): 2:00am On Mar 25, 2020
lepasharon:

A sphere is round

Not perfectly round.
Re: How Does This Prove the existence of the christian god ? by lepasharon(f): 2:06am On Mar 25, 2020
Jeromejnr:

Not perfectly round.

Re: How Does This Prove the existence of the christian god ? by Jeromejnr(m): 2:09am On Mar 25, 2020
[quote author=lepasharon post=87741089][/quote]

Strange but true babe.

Re: How Does This Prove the existence of the christian god ? by Funaki: 5:29am On Mar 25, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:

BABA "I THOUGHT" THESE FOLKS WERE AT LEAST WISE ENOUGH TO HAVE STARTED ASKING FOR REFUND FOR ALL THEIR FINANCIAL INPUTS IN CHURCH SINCE 1960, SINCE NOW THE INCAPABILITY OF THEIR PASTORS AND GOD IS ON FULL DISPLAY.
I WAS WRONG. I MADE A MISTAKE TO EVEN OVERATE THESE FOLKS.

Well, if well known fraudsters like Benny Hinn and Jim Bakker still have people following them and believing the nonsense they say, religious leaders will still have followers. Politics and religion make people irrational.
Re: How Does This Prove the existence of the christian god ? by Shelumiel: 5:39am On Mar 25, 2020
kingxsamz:

This shows you're not intelligent.
If you were, you wouldn't ask such childish question.
Baba pack wella...
Re: How Does This Prove the existence of the christian god ? by CAPSLOCKED: 7:23am On Mar 25, 2020
lepasharon:

But atheists still found him grin

HE WENT ON ASKING WHAT ATHEISTS HAS DONE FOR HUMANITY, MEANWHILE RELIGIOUS AFRICA HAS BEEN RECEIVING BILLIONS OF DOLLARS AS AID FROM BILL GATES, WARREN BUFFET, THAT SOROS GUY AND MANY MORE. THE WORLD IS THE MESS IT IS TODAY BECAUSE OF RELIGIOUS DOCTRINES AND POLITICS. HOW ARE PEOPLE SO BLIND NOT TO REALIZE?
REPLACE ALL RELIGIOUS THEOLOGY WITH GOOD DEEDS AND WE'VE MADE THIS EARTH A HEAVEN.

1 Like

Re: How Does This Prove the existence of the christian god ? by Danhumprey: 2:45pm On Mar 25, 2020
Hakeem12:
The question about what atheism has done for humanity is oddly phrased and a single answer can't suffice. What has religion done for humanity? Besides burning people at the stakes who didn't believe before, persecuting scientists, responsible for deaths of millions of people through crusades and jihads. Back to the question of what atheism has done for humanity.

I'd say that anything that advanced the human race made using a scientific approach must be the nearest answer. Science from its nature is non-theistic as it does not accept miracles or divine interventions. And although it was often funded by various religious groups throughout history as I've read about, it progresses without any need or references from any god.

Scientists come in various heights, colours, races:apart from the ones their god kept calling his people, and creeds. ODs are not required.

I believe that curiosity is the most important trait in humans. For thousands of years, people have questioned why things work the way they work. Why does the sun come out every morning? Why is the sky blue? Why does it rain? Many decided since they didn't know, it must be God's work. Others decided not to be so complacent and decided to research and come up with proven answers.

So to summarize, it's not about believing in religion or not. Its about not making religion make you complacent and stopping your curiosity. Religion teaches helplessness, Que sera sera- what will be, is what will be. Take the issue of coronavirus for instance, i haven't seen a single person that didn't get infected or die because the believed in a particular religion. Religion encourages foolishness, south Korea had 30 cases, untill someone decided to ignore government's warning and go to church leading to death of thousands. Pilgrims in Qom, Iran, believed they wouldn't be infected because they were at an holy site, Iran now has the fourth highest death toll. Italy has the highest death toll, over 6000 now and counting. I saw a tweet today of a particular pastor saying god is demonstrating his mightiness with the coronavirus. There are more than 400,000 infections as at today, and over 13000 deaths. Why does your god have to kill people to show his mightiness? Your religion couldn't stop the black death, couldn't stop the Spanish flu, it won't stop coronavirus. It will only slow down with lockdowns and vaccine discovery, nothing else. The head of the church responsible for the outbreak in south Korea is now being charged with murder.
@bolded, good and valid question. But watch them somersault in answering it.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Praying To God / Who Should Control Church Money? The Pastor Or The Church Members? / Why The Redeemed Church Needed A Jet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.