Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,351 members, 7,954,413 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 06:31 PM

COVID-19: Jack Ma's Donation Moved From Lagos To Abuja By The Air Force - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / COVID-19: Jack Ma's Donation Moved From Lagos To Abuja By The Air Force (50447 Views)

How NCDC Distributed Jack Ma's Donations Nationwide (Photos) / Jack Ma's Donation To Fight COVID-19 Arrives Nigeria / Jack Ma Helps Africa Fight Coronavirus. Donates Masks, Test Kits To African (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: COVID-19: Jack Ma's Donation Moved From Lagos To Abuja By The Air Force by kokomilala(m): 8:14am On Mar 26, 2020
I still see this as Greek gift.I'm very wary of these Chinese after the state cover up of CORONA virus.
Re: COVID-19: Jack Ma's Donation Moved From Lagos To Abuja By The Air Force by ebuclassic18(m): 8:15am On Mar 26, 2020
Why not distribute it from lagos

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: COVID-19: Jack Ma's Donation Moved From Lagos To Abuja By The Air Force by agabusta: 8:15am On Mar 26, 2020
WeRblessed:

They should have shared it between the states, instead of parking it to Abuja.

So you want to share something that was donated to the entire family in the House of the 1st born? Is that not rudeness to the Father of the House?

what was donated to the family must be taken to the House of the father of the House, for it to be shared for everybody. The only problem and issue I see is the additional logistic cost involved and the time factor. Otherwise, no big deal.

if Lagos state hijacks the materials, some of the people here will be the first persons to raise eyebrow and call them greedy that Lagos is not the only place in Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: Jack Ma's Donation Moved From Lagos To Abuja By The Air Force by BruncleZuma: 8:16am On Mar 26, 2020
Roon9:

You have a way of rationalising evil and ineptitude. Gosh! Sucks to be you
Theres an English word for people like him...'Lickspittle'

3 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Jack Ma's Donation Moved From Lagos To Abuja By The Air Force by Emiron(m): 8:19am On Mar 26, 2020
NA LIE NO B DONATION NA BUY NIGERIAN GOVERNMENT BUY AM N NA SECOND HAND KIT DEM BUY AS WELL FROM CHINA WAY CHINA DON USED ALREADY THIS COUNTRY NA REALLY PIECE OF SHIT
Re: COVID-19: Jack Ma's Donation Moved From Lagos To Abuja By The Air Force by proclinician: 8:21am On Mar 26, 2020
emkz:

Bros, perhaps we should stop thinking like this. Even if no one had the intention of selling, you have given them the idea.

The face masks are for those who are sick so they don't spread the virus. If you are not sick, wearing a facemask does not protect you. If it is matter of facemasks, my Nigerians can improvise same from g-string, pantyhose, stockings, boxers, bra and old shirts. If it is hand sanitizers, our people can improvise same from methylated spirit, Jack Daniels, hydrogen peroxide et al. If it is clinical gloves, plastic bags come in handy. So if anyone wants to test the resilience of Nigerians by selling these items, he is in for a rude shock.

I agree with you. Sodium hypochlorite is effective and cheap too. U know the usual hypo bleach. It's more effective than alcohol and cheaper than H2O2
Re: COVID-19: Jack Ma's Donation Moved From Lagos To Abuja By The Air Force by agabusta: 8:21am On Mar 26, 2020
DAVE5:

They could have allocated the packages and shared from Lagos at once

Taking everything to abj and sending to other places is double waybill cost, the cost might be ok to be handle by the Nigerian pocket, but then it's still a drain on the Nigerian pocket

This is a very good point. But trust civil servants now. The PS of the ministry and the Minister themselves will want to witness the whole sharing.

Whereas, there is a Federal presence in Lagos. They could have just delegated officials of the Ministry of Health in Lagos to do the sharing then distribute from Lagos to the entire country to save cost.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: Jack Ma's Donation Moved From Lagos To Abuja By The Air Force by Reference(m): 8:21am On Mar 26, 2020
BreconHills:

When a person reads through a strong filter, he sees what he wants to see. This is the Nigerian disease. There is no way that everything has been taken to Abuja. Interstate travel is a current reality - it makes no sense to address the virus in one locality only.

Oga. That is their right. In a pandemic everyone has a right to life and will fight for scraps. This is not the time for political correctness. Citizens of the world are holding their governments to task. Kay Burley is taking the British Health Minister to task right now on Skynews about Prince Charles getting tested but doctors are not.

And you are here making stupid excuses for senselessness and selfishness. Why will people not talk.
Re: COVID-19: Jack Ma's Donation Moved From Lagos To Abuja By The Air Force by Lifecanbeamazin: 8:22am On Mar 26, 2020
God is about to finish the work He has started on our government. Let the count down begin except these items are used judiciously.
Re: COVID-19: Jack Ma's Donation Moved From Lagos To Abuja By The Air Force by stormborn28(m): 8:23am On Mar 26, 2020
post=87770620:
Less than 6 hours from now, we will read the true story of how they are sharing these supplies to all the most affected states first before sharing it all over the country (which make sense) rather than the impression we are having here as if 100% of everything is being hijacked to Abuja.

We will be looking forward to read that Lagos state's share was left behind.
They won't be that stupid to move EVERYTHING to just Abuja alone and leave nothing behind to the most affected state in the country!
Why not move it straight to Abuja straight from China,
if they want it to remain in Abuja alone?
We should all learn how to read logically.

It is always good and refreshing to know that we still have reasonable and sensible people like you on this forum.
Anyone with Common sense will know what you type is nothing but the truth!
Simple Logic!
will you saatraap... Nonsense country we found ourselves
Re: COVID-19: Jack Ma's Donation Moved From Lagos To Abuja By The Air Force by Roon9(m): 8:25am On Mar 26, 2020
BruncleZuma:
Theres an English word for people like him...'Lickspittle'

Jeez! What a life
Re: COVID-19: Jack Ma's Donation Moved From Lagos To Abuja By The Air Force by Roon9(m): 8:26am On Mar 26, 2020
BanevsJoker:

He has the worst job in the world. Playing Devil's Advocate all day for 30k monthly stipends. Not even enough for internet subscription.

That's no way to live
Re: COVID-19: Jack Ma's Donation Moved From Lagos To Abuja By The Air Force by kunletexs: 8:27am On Mar 26, 2020
If they can carry the simily "half-dead" corpse of ABBA kyari from Abuja all the way to lagos for isolation, then when free donation lands, you know carry EVERY THING to Abuja, then it shows:
1. Lagos is more adequately prepared to combat corona virus than FTC; that is to say FTC is clueless
2. Is FG telling us that lagos state is a dumping ground for their affected beloved ones?
3. Those is not show that if corona virus was only for the masses, every governor, president and senator would have ejaculated from this country at the sound of 'Coro'
4. In the good book of FG 'all animals are equal ONLY that some are more equal than others.
5. What is the rationale behind air lifting the donation to Abuja rather than start the sharing formula in lagos based on reported cases. Which means lagos getting substantial amount.
6. Refer to number 1.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Jack Ma's Donation Moved From Lagos To Abuja By The Air Force by prettyliz(f): 8:29am On Mar 26, 2020
[quote author=OTayobami post=87770279]

https://mobile.facebook.com/1684425015103776/posts/2559287790950823/?_rdc=1&_rdr&refsrc=http%3A%2F%2Ft.co%2FKBdL6OXWoz[But Lagos hospitals need these supplies more than the Abuja hospitals naw....
]
Re: COVID-19: Jack Ma's Donation Moved From Lagos To Abuja By The Air Force by Mikelsogo1(m): 8:31am On Mar 26, 2020
you guys are taking this shit as a serious matter, those donation has Nigeria on it not Lagos and Abuja is the capital that physically represent Nigeria and again putting it in Abuja will serve as a neutral ground for everyone to have access to across the country and well monitored Lagos as a State will not handle it to Nigerian interest but to lagosian interest but this is a Nigeria gift not Lagos gift.
Re: COVID-19: Jack Ma's Donation Moved From Lagos To Abuja By The Air Force by OTayobami(m): 8:32am On Mar 26, 2020
[quote author=prettyliz post=87773999][/quote]

Yes now out of the 51 cases Lagos has 36 or so, and Lagos has more population than Abuja sef

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Jack Ma's Donation Moved From Lagos To Abuja By The Air Force by dracosith(m): 8:35am On Mar 26, 2020
Pray for wisdom and understanding. Not the for the survival of a heartless politician

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Jack Ma's Donation Moved From Lagos To Abuja By The Air Force by Mikelsogo1(m): 8:35am On Mar 26, 2020
kunletexs:
If they can carry the simily "half-dead" corpse of ABBA kyari from Abuja all the way to lagos for isolation, then when free donation lands, you know carry EVERY THING to Abuja, then it shows:
1. Lagos is more adequately prepared to combat corona virus than FTC; that is to say FTC is clueless
2. Is FG telling us that lagos state is a dumping ground for their affected beloved ones?
3. Those is not show that if corona virus was only for the masses, every governor, president and senator would have ejaculated from this country at the sound of 'Coro'
4. In the good book of FG 'all animals are equal ONLY that some are more equal than others.
5. What is the rationale behind air lifting the donation to Abuja rather than start the sharing formula in lagos based on reported cases. Which means lagos getting substantial amount.
6. Refer to number 1.

Thanks

I wonder how you can't understand that your points are baseless and even miscommunication due to grammatical blunder I think you should work on yourself first.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Jack Ma's Donation Moved From Lagos To Abuja By The Air Force by Hardestknock55: 8:36am On Mar 26, 2020
I don't understand these people. Why do they have to move it to Abuja? The most affected place for now is Lagos. This myopic thinking of Abuja centre should stop! Not even at this tense situation.

The officials would have come down to Lagos share it; firstly, in accordance to each state prevailing situations and secondly, population, then disperse accordingly. Only God knows when it will be put into use. And I hope they will not use their normal "quota system" firstly O!

This tribal thinking and the ineptitude people sitting in affairs of things in Nigeria is a big problem.

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Jack Ma's Donation Moved From Lagos To Abuja By The Air Force by kullozone(m): 8:36am On Mar 26, 2020
post=87770698:

We respect your view to swallow whatever you read online.
Can you kindly respect our view about thinking logically also?
Cos moving all those supplies (100%) to Abuja makes no sense to us!
It makes no sense to treat or stop the virus in one state only.
Especially moving ALL from the state with the most infected people!!

All of us can't sleep and snore the same way in life.
Hope you get that NOW Ameboperoo?

Unfortunately, many of your type abound on the forum than logical thinking people!
Points passed across tho'.........
Live with it wink

Has the sick Abba Kyari's led gonment ever made sense?

Have you( the legion of mai suya) ever thought logically

NO!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: Jack Ma's Donation Moved From Lagos To Abuja By The Air Force by PericomaNwankwo: 8:41am On Mar 26, 2020
post=87770620:
Less than 6 hours from now, we will read the true story of how they are sharing these supplies to all the most affected states first before sharing it all over the country (which make sense) rather than the impression we are having here as if 100% of everything that has been hijacked to Abuja!

They won't be that stupid to move EVERYTHING to just Abuja alone and leave nothing behind to the most affected state in the country!

It is always good and refreshing to know that we still have reasonable and sensible people like you on this forum.
Simple Logic!

I wonder how old/odd you are I am yet to witness a rational thought from you.

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Jack Ma's Donation Moved From Lagos To Abuja By The Air Force by blowjohn(m): 8:41am On Mar 26, 2020
Just look at the giant of Africa.
We cant purchase common masks and gloves for the citizens but we can spend billions to buy brand new cars for the lawmakers.
Gloves and masks that will not cost more than a billion naira.
Very soon those donations will be sold in traffic in benin city and lagos. Bill Gates donations come to mind.
Anyone that thinks these new donations wont be diverted is living in fantasy land.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Jack Ma's Donation Moved From Lagos To Abuja By The Air Force by martyns303(m): 8:46am On Mar 26, 2020
I think this is a good move, lets know its covid 19 that's the problem before something else is added to it in the form of a aid (Trojan horse). The government have the responsibility to first check the items before allowing it get to the general public.

moreover, Abuja airport is also an international airport. so the items could have been taken there direct, then none of this noise would have been necessary.
Re: COVID-19: Jack Ma's Donation Moved From Lagos To Abuja By The Air Force by kunletexs: 8:47am On Mar 26, 2020
Mikelsogo1:

I wonder how you can't understand that your points are baseless and even miscommunication due to grammatical blunder I think you should work on yourself first.

Oga grammarian, my points can be baseless to you, but make sense to many more people than you. At least many people on this platform have raised similar issues.
But for the grammar, sorry as you know that English is not my abinibi language, so help me correct it please. Get the message behind the text.

Thanks.
Re: COVID-19: Jack Ma's Donation Moved From Lagos To Abuja By The Air Force by nuelyoyo(m): 8:48am On Mar 26, 2020
CoronaVirusPro:
Most of those gears will be sold to Nigerians
It wont be sold because VIPs now have the virus, and many more VIPs could be in their incubation period. They won't sell it, they need it badly as well.
Re: COVID-19: Jack Ma's Donation Moved From Lagos To Abuja By The Air Force by kunletexs: 8:49am On Mar 26, 2020
Mikelsogo1:

Oga grammarian, my points can be baseless to you, but make sense to many more people than you. At least many people on this platform have raised similar issues.
But for the grammar, sorry as you know that English is not my abinibi language, so help me correct it please. Get the message behind the text.
Re: COVID-19: Jack Ma's Donation Moved From Lagos To Abuja By The Air Force by Robenna(m): 8:50am On Mar 26, 2020
And So

Re: COVID-19: Jack Ma's Donation Moved From Lagos To Abuja By The Air Force by Mindofhisown: 8:50am On Mar 26, 2020
Firstly, it's from china to Ethiopia. The first Africa country it landed. From there it was distributed to every other Africa countries and Nigerian got her own on tuesday via Ethiopian airline. Secondly, it has not been distributed to any state rather it was airlifted via NAF aircraft to Abuja on wednesday. From there it will be distributed to states. You wouldn't blame the sceptics because many intervention by WHO, UBE, etc are being hoarded and later sold out even when it overtly branded on it NOT FOR SALE. That is the pathetic situation of Nigerian.

post=87770620]Less than 6 hours from now, we will read the true story of how they are sharing these supplies to all the most affected states first before sharing it all over the country (which make sense) rather than the impression we are having here as if 100% of everything is being hijacked to Abuja.

Simple Logic![/quote]
Re: COVID-19: Jack Ma's Donation Moved From Lagos To Abuja By The Air Force by Nobody: 8:51am On Mar 26, 2020
post=87770698:

We respect your view to swallow whatever you read online.
Can you kindly respect our view about thinking logically also?
Cos moving all those supplies (100%) to Abuja makes no sense to us!
It makes no sense to treat or stop the virus in one state only.
Especially moving ALL from the state with the most infected people!!

All of us can't sleep and snore the same way in life.
Hope you get that NOW Ameboperoo?

Unfortunately, many of your type abound on the forum than logical thinking people!
Points passed across tho'.........
Live with it wink

I
It makes no sense at all that money is earned in this niger delta, then moved to the fg, and shared all over the country.

Is that not what we have been doing since? Expect to start seeing cases popping up all over Nigeria to justify distribution to states tat previously had no cases

Every politician claiming to have tested negative but in self isolation will be jumping on the goods.starting From Buhari

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Jack Ma's Donation Moved From Lagos To Abuja By The Air Force by noisy45(m): 8:52am On Mar 26, 2020
JosephXavier:
This government is a joke o
Abba kyari tested positive to the disease and was flown from Abuja to Lagos
That made me thought that maybe they want to concentrate on Lagos since Lagos have also recorded the highest case of the outbreak
Now the medical items comes in and they fly it from Lagos to Abuja
How do they intend to use it
It they will count it and make sure it is complete and now send some back to Lagos
Naija Na my country shaa
Wetin the leaders do make we dey watch dem
God no go free make we average Nigerians carry that virus ijn

only if you know that it will be distributed among senators, honorables, as consistutency projects, then the rest to top dignitaries at Abuja

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Jack Ma's Donation Moved From Lagos To Abuja By The Air Force by Agboriotejoye(m): 8:55am On Mar 26, 2020
post=87770620:
Less than 6 hours from now, we will read the true story of how they are sharing these supplies to all the most affected states first before sharing it all over the country (which make sense) rather than the impression we are having here as if 100% of everything that has been hijacked to Abuja!

Simple Logic!

Your logic filled with ifs and buts is watery at the least and zombiec at best.

80% of the cases are in the south, southwest to be more precise. So, it's more rational that the south should get more.
Even if they were to share it to states based on population, we know the south is more populated than the north and besides, most of the cases are returning travelers who are resident in the south.
Again if they want to deploy per states, why don't they do the sorting per states in Lagos and fly the consignments to the states directly since almost all states have airports.
The idea of moving them to Abuja is indeed a poor one even if done with the best of intentions.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Jack Ma's Donation Moved From Lagos To Abuja By The Air Force by AuroraB(f): 8:59am On Mar 26, 2020
cheesy Where are the 'COVID19' is a leveler' crew angry undecided sad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

UNIZIK Lecturer Delivered Of Sextuplets Seeks Help As Hospital Bills Her N19M / Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! / HELP: When Should I Start Making Love To My Wife Again After Giving Birth??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.