Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,739 members, 7,817,035 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:10 AM

Coronavirus: Why Is NCDC Not Showing The Number Of People Tested? - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Coronavirus: Why Is NCDC Not Showing The Number Of People Tested? (33655 Views)

My Friend Has HIV, But She Recently Had A Blood Test And Is Not Showing anymore / Why Is NCDC still adding discharged cases to their figures for states? / Why Is NCDC Number Not Going? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coronavirus: Why Is NCDC Not Showing The Number Of People Tested? by Mizwisdom(f): 4:07pm On Mar 26, 2020
slimthugchimee2:

Don't mind them, to them, how dare Nigeria have the audacity to have lower cases than america

Exactly
Re: Coronavirus: Why Is NCDC Not Showing The Number Of People Tested? by VIPERVENOM(m): 4:13pm On Mar 26, 2020
No country is showing number of people tested. This isn't an election

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Why Is NCDC Not Showing The Number Of People Tested? by harev16: 4:14pm On Mar 26, 2020
You can get the report including number of test cases on the NCDC website

https://ncdc.gov.ng/diseases/sitreps/?cat=14&name=An%20update%20of%20COVID-19%20outbreak%20in%20Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Why Is NCDC Not Showing The Number Of People Tested? by Nobody: 4:22pm On Mar 26, 2020
alienvirus:
Prophet Muhammad (SAW) said

"If you hear of an outbreak of plague in a land, do not enter it; but if the plague breaks out in a place while you are in it, do not leave that place."

If mankind had adhered to this advice, the whole world won't be in this mess. Yet, it is the solution adopted by everyone.

For those that are not happy that the message was from the noblest of mankind, you can do yourself a good by kissing a high tension.
Please dont offend peoples sensitivity with your over zealousness. Isolating people with contagious diseases has been going before your so-called noble man. What even makes him noble? That he beheads people who call him a lair that he is,as he also instructed his followers? Or he is noble just because you want to deceive yourself? What is noble about a child rapist and mass murderrer? Keep fooling yourself and please dont drag this your foolishness into sensible discussions. Btw I heard your noble man also instructed you to drink camel urine to cure your ailments and to eat seven dates fruit every morning to prevent poison and charm. How is that working for you Bunch of deluded clowns.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Why Is NCDC Not Showing The Number Of People Tested? by assetman(m): 4:28pm On Mar 26, 2020
xynerise:
Op, you are right. I don't always rely on NCDC report. They are not saying the truth.
The fact remain that there are more infected people out there that could not get tested and are positive, may God help us and we should learn to stay at home
Re: Coronavirus: Why Is NCDC Not Showing The Number Of People Tested? by Harbeeorlar(m): 4:32pm On Mar 26, 2020
The figures are on their website. 745 tested so far

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Why Is NCDC Not Showing The Number Of People Tested? by Qadaffi2idiamin: 4:33pm On Mar 26, 2020
When buhari has been sneaked out of the country?!

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Why Is NCDC Not Showing The Number Of People Tested? by samuelson06(m): 4:37pm On Mar 26, 2020
Period007:

You cannot expect them to be testing anyone who wants to get tested (no enough test kits even in the US).except u have had close contacts with a suspected or confirmed case or showing the classical symptoms of fever,dry cough ,soar throat and dyspnea

So? Can't they still give us the number of people they've tested in that category?
Re: Coronavirus: Why Is NCDC Not Showing The Number Of People Tested? by ORLAHOLUWA(m): 4:47pm On Mar 26, 2020
Please God let this come to pass

Re: Coronavirus: Why Is NCDC Not Showing The Number Of People Tested? by bhella10: 4:49pm On Mar 26, 2020
To what end? Rubbish.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Why Is NCDC Not Showing The Number Of People Tested? by alienvirus: 4:53pm On Mar 26, 2020
[s][/s]
veeshock:

Please dont offend peoples sensitivity with your over zealousness. Isolating people with contagious diseases has been going before your so-called noble man. What even makes him noble? That he beheads people who call him a lair that he is,as he also instructed his followers? Or he is noble just because you want to deceive yourself? What is noble about a child rapist and mass murderrer? Keep fooling yourself and please dont drag this your foolishness into sensible discussions. Btw I heard your noble man also instructed you to drink camel urine to cure your ailments and to eat seven dates fruit every morning to prevent poison and charm. How is that working for you Bunch of deluded clowns.
[s][/s]
Re: Coronavirus: Why Is NCDC Not Showing The Number Of People Tested? by CioAngels(f): 4:59pm On Mar 26, 2020
Hmmm, the question is this, if actually there is Corona Virus in Nigeria, it then mean we are not doing the write thing by not testing people because if they are, they will report by their names to confirm what they are doing. Hope it is not what pa Obasanjo is thinking, a situation where money is been given and is channelled into the wrong places. I share same view with this writer. The minister of health is more of who should be seen as talking rather than the lives of people if actually we have emergency in Nigeria. Is this the time to play politics? Nigeria
Re: Coronavirus: Why Is NCDC Not Showing The Number Of People Tested? by MorataFC: 5:00pm On Mar 26, 2020
papiforreal:

Sharap, even in the developed countries, they don't check everyone that walk into the hospital unless he shows some symptoms.
In Nigeria, only elites get tested without showing any symptoms. The testing kit are not adequate and it cannot be used on every jick and Jack.
If you shows some symptoms you would definitely be tested
THANK YOU jare my Bro, I don't know why some people have brain but they refuse to use them, has anyone gone for test that NCDC reject to test him? In the OP mind NCDC should begin to drag people for test against their wish?
Truth must be told we can't be like devolved countries that can go for test at will, I know a guy (many years ago) who is HIV positive but refuse to go for test until he apply for Nigeria police force and everybody was compel to be tested and he was disqualify because of that.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Why Is NCDC Not Showing The Number Of People Tested? by deeolu(m): 5:04pm On Mar 26, 2020
Op. Please kindly log into the NCDC website and all the information you need is there. They upload daily reports stating number of people tested, new cases etc. Please this is not a time for jokes or false information. Let's be guided please. One love. Let's all stay safe. #Take Responsibility.

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Why Is NCDC Not Showing The Number Of People Tested? by HassassinPenhis(m): 5:05pm On Mar 26, 2020
Healdworldjesus:
Hi I'm fatimo. I'm feeling ashamed even typing these and very sure people would think I'm a scammer. I no and who could blame them. Guys we got a break at work and wasn't paid and my account is red. If you can for me to get some food stuffs at home I would be so happy. 0230996969 GTB

Lol well-done. You are a scammer
Re: Coronavirus: Why Is NCDC Not Showing The Number Of People Tested? by Jo1nation: 5:07pm On Mar 26, 2020
RealLordZeus:

Bros! Have u seen the tester, testee or tested or even the test kit
Op raised a valid point, the people that are being tested are majorly the elite and the educated, the infected people have gateman, servants, cooks etc who in turn can transmit to their wife and children.
The educated knows when to get tested but the illiterate masses does not.
If voting kit can be made available in evey polling unit of the country, then a testing kit should be made available in at least every local govt.
We have NEMA, if this is not an emergency, I don't know what is!

Regarding funds, $10 million out of the ECA account should be able to provide these kits.

The first step is getting tested and know the infected ppl, then we can start working on a soln but asking ppl to be watching out for the symptoms is total nonsense for a disease that is asymptomatic for almost 2 weeks, infact due to the WIP road in my area, I have been having coughs frequently, and that's also true for like 70% ppl living in my area.The point is Waiting for the symptoms before getting tested is wrong
once again you are very correct.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Why Is NCDC Not Showing The Number Of People Tested? by Allsingles: 5:11pm On Mar 26, 2020
They have to also tell us which area the person that tested positive to the CoronaVirus is, so we can be careful in our movement nah.
Before I found myself in CoronaVirus estate.
Re: Coronavirus: Why Is NCDC Not Showing The Number Of People Tested? by ThierryJay: 5:16pm On Mar 26, 2020
Mizwisdom:

They are sadists who want the number of Corona virus infection to spread. It will give them joy to see Africa begging the world for help to manage the epidemic. SADISTIC human beings sad

You are displaying unbelievable ignorance with your statement above, like a madman dancing in full display at the market square. Let me ask you a question, Is it the perception that we are managing it well that really matters or knowledge of the actual extent of the plague so that we can do proper disease control?

The WHO chief has repeatedly stressed that countries need to test and test people continuously. Ghana, our neighbor discovered 40 new cases yesterday from increased level of testing. South Korea, Spain, US and Germany all do over 10,000 tests every day. South Africa has tested over 15,000 persons out of whom 709 are positive.

It is extremely unacceptable and irresponsible that Nigeria has conducted less than 200 tests! for such a disease that is highly contagious. That in itself is putting the general populace at risk of more infections, because many people will think it is not yet serious and not take the necessary precautions!

There is nothing patriotic about misleading the public to create a false perception in the international community.

I hope you have a rethink.

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Why Is NCDC Not Showing The Number Of People Tested? by HornyTave: 5:25pm On Mar 26, 2020
africanpride1:
*WELL PLAYED CHINA....*

*SCENE 1 :*
The curtain opens: China becomes ill, enters a "crisis" and paralyzes its trade. The curtain closes.

*SCENE II.*
The curtain opens: The Chinese currency is devalued. They do not do anything. The curtain closes.

*SCENE III.*
The curtain opens:: Due to the lack of trade of companies from Europe and the USA that are based in China, their shares fall 40% of their value.

*SCENE IV.*
The curtain opens:: The world is ill, China buys 30% of the shares of companies in Europe and the US at a very low price. The curtain closes.

*SCENE V.*
The curtain opens: China has controlled the disease and owns companies in Europe and the US. And he decides that these companies stay in China and earn $ 20,000Billions. The curtain closes. How is the play called?

*SCENE VI:*
*Checkmate!*

*ReAmazing but true*

Two videos have passed between yesterday and today that convinced me of something I suspected, but had no basis. It was just my speculation. Now I am convinced that the coronavirus was purposely propagated by the Chinese themselves.

At first they were too prepared. Three weeks after the start of the roll, 14 days and a 12,000-bed hospitals were already under construction. And they really built them in two weeks.

Awesome.

Yesterday they announced that they had stopped the epidemic. They appear in videos celebrating, they announce that they even have a vaccine. How could they create it so quickly without having all the genetic information? Well if you are the owner of the formula it is not difficult at all.
And today I just saw a video that explains how Den Xiao Ping gave the west a half stick. Due to the coronavirus, the actions of Western companies in China fell dramatically. China I just hope, when they went down enough they bought them. Now the companies, Created by the USA and Europe in China with all the technology put in by these exchanges and their capital they passed into the hands of China, which is now rising with all that technological potential and will be able to set prices at will to sell everything they need to the West. How are you?

None of this could have happened by chance. China who cared that a few old men died? Fewer old-age pensions to pay, but the loot has been huge. And right now the West is financially defeated, in crisis and stunned by the disease. And without knowing what to do.

Masterfully diabolic. It had to be the communists. |

Adding to this, they are now the single largest owners of US treasury with 1.18 trillion holding surpassing Japan.
An instrument that has seen the most rally

One ☝ prospective & Analogy
-------_--------------_-------////-//////
How come Russia & North Korea have Low or Zero incidence of Covid- 19 ?

Is it because they are staunch allies of China

On the other hand USA / South Korea / United Kingdom / France / Italy / Spain and Asia are severely hit

How come Wuhan is suddenly free from the deadly virus?

China says that the drastic initial measures that they took were very stern and Wuhan was locked down to contain the spread to other areas

Why Beijing was not hit ? Why only Wuhan?

It is interesting to ponder upon.. right ?

Well ..Wuhan is open for business now

Covid - 19 needs to be seen in the backdrop of the arm twisting of China by USA in the trade war

America and all the above mentioned countries are devastated financially

Soon American economy will collapse as planned by China.

China knows it CANNOT defeat America militarily as USA is at present THE MOST POWERFUL country in the world.

So use the virus...to cripple the economy and paralyse the nation and its Defense capabilities.

I am sure Nancy Pelosi got a part in this.... to topple Trump....

Lately President Trump has always been telling of how the GREAT American economy was improving on all fronts and jobs were coming back to the USA

The only way to destroy his vision of making AMERICA GREAT AGAIN is to create an ECONOMIC HAVOC.

Nancy Pelosi was unable to bring down Trump through impeachment.....so work along with China to destroy Trump by releasing a virus.

Wuhan's epidemic was a showcase.

At the peak of the virus epidemic....China's President Xi Jinping...just wore a simple RM1 facemask to visit those effected areas.

As President he should have been covered from head to toe.....but that was not the case.

He was already injected to resist any harm from the virus....that means a cure was already in place before the virus was released

China's vision is to control the World ECONOMY by buying up stocks now from countries facing the brink of severe ECONOMIC COLLAPSE.....Later China will announce that their Medical Researchers have found a cure to destroy the virus

Now China shall OWN the stocks of All Western Alliances and these countries will soon be slave to their NEW MASTER..... CHINA

Americans are really good with Biological weapons and knows how to play the trade game.

When Saddam Hussein boasted they have the largest Gold reserve in the world, Bush attacked him. America might decide to waiver the Debt they owe China, they might also counter attack with a more deadlier virus.

Both countries are not innocent sha, they're both evil
Re: Coronavirus: Why Is NCDC Not Showing The Number Of People Tested? by Tpharell: 5:30pm On Mar 26, 2020
ThierryJay:

You are displaying unbelievable ignorance with your statement above, like a madman dancing in full display at the market square. Let me ask you a question, Is it the perception that we are managing it well that really matters or knowledge of the actual extent of the plague so that we can do proper disease control?

The WHO chief has repeatedly stressed that countries need to test and test people continuously. Ghana, our neighbor discovered 40 new cases yesterday from increased level of testing. South Korea, Spain, US and Germany all do over 10,000 tests every day. South Africa has tested over 15,000 persons out of whom 709 are positive.

It is extremely unacceptable and irresponsible that Nigeria has conducted less than 200 tests! for such a disease that is highly contagious. That in itself is putting the general populace at risk of more infections, because many people will think it is not yet serious and not take the necessary precautions!

There is nothing patriotic about misleading the public to create a false perception in the international community.

I hope you have a rethink.
I cannot fathom the unbelievable level of ignorance on display here too. This is simply mind boggling that people think Nigeria has the pandemic under control.
To put thinks in context, people should try expressing the number that tested positive as percentage of total tests carried out. Maybe that will give a better perspective of the magnitude of what lies ahead.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Why Is NCDC Not Showing The Number Of People Tested? by JBL316: 5:33pm On Mar 26, 2020
If there's anything this government is good at is manufacturing and distributing falsehood! From top to bottom....kworupt. But this coro tin know im people and e don dey visit dem one by one....Praying answering God i thank u!
Re: Coronavirus: Why Is NCDC Not Showing The Number Of People Tested? by Dollabiz: 5:38pm On Mar 26, 2020
They are fake it’s all to embezzle funds
Re: Coronavirus: Why Is NCDC Not Showing The Number Of People Tested? by ThierryJay: 5:44pm On Mar 26, 2020
Tpharell:

I cannot fathom the unbelievable level of ignorance on display here too. This is simply mind boggling that people think Nigeria has the pandemic under control.
To put thinks in context, people should try expressing the number that tested positive as percentage of total tests carried out. Maybe that will give a better perspective of the magnitude of what lies ahead.

That's Nigeria for you. Everything imaginable thing gets twisted up into a political issue. Those comparing the Ebola regime and Covid are also misguided as the manner of dealing with both are different.
Re: Coronavirus: Why Is NCDC Not Showing The Number Of People Tested? by Goovo(m): 5:45pm On Mar 26, 2020
maxwelltennyson:
pls guys I need anybody to borrow me #5,000 today I promise to pay back with interest of #5,000 naira pls guys I know it is hard to help someone this days especially a stranger but I promise to pay back before tomorrow runs out. my account number is:2117782709,my account name chidi maxwell, zenith bank. pls anybody can help I will payback this money pls.
av u gotten the money now?
Re: Coronavirus: Why Is NCDC Not Showing The Number Of People Tested? by Nobody: 5:51pm On Mar 26, 2020
stickright:
We should expect information hoarding and report doctoring. This is Nigeria for the umpteen times: money, greed and corruption are the order of the day . Sometimes I hear that they don't want to create fear in the minds of people. I smile because the question now is not the fear, it is between life and death. Tell me who is not afraid now, whether you tell them or not.. Better the fear with adequate and genuine information than silent death from deliberate information hoarding that keep giving forlorn hopes that everything is alright. This subtly executes citizens who are ignorant about how this God-forsaken government works.

Take your destiny in your hands, don't hope to get good things from this government except you are influential or are one of them(they're the one who brought it to Nigeria. Poor people no dey travel upandan, they stay to hustle even when they are abroad), stay safe and stay at home.

God help us

There is nothing like hoarding information to create fear when it comes to coronavirus. When u lie to people not to create fear, many don't take the virus serious hence refuse to take preventive measures. Virus keeps spreading easily and in a few weeks it becomes a full blown outbreak (God forbid). But when u create fear people become more cautious and the rate of spread is reduced. I'm sure right now in Italy only a few people get infected with the virus at the moment. Though they keep having big number of new cases on a daily basis, these are people that have already contracted the virus before the lock down. Some people get the virus but are asymptomatic. They don't show any symptoms and are the most dangerous as they will keep spreading them. This is why WHO advices all countries to carry out as much tests as possible.
Re: Coronavirus: Why Is NCDC Not Showing The Number Of People Tested? by KingMD: 5:52pm On Mar 26, 2020
Everything about our dear nation always go against the rules. I'm not surprised at all..
Re: Coronavirus: Why Is NCDC Not Showing The Number Of People Tested? by Nobody: 6:03pm On Mar 26, 2020
It might be worse than you think. They don't want any panicking, in my own opinion they should not introduce isolation cause many will starve to death.
Re: Coronavirus: Why Is NCDC Not Showing The Number Of People Tested? by Nobody: 6:05pm On Mar 26, 2020
Tpharell:

I have a bad feeling that the numbers may be well over a 100.
Re: Coronavirus: Why Is NCDC Not Showing The Number Of People Tested? by bilulu(m): 6:08pm On Mar 26, 2020
ITbomb:
I would disagree with you

Test are done by almost all the personnel all over the country and it would be waste of time to document each of them (considering the inadequate manpower)

However every confirmed case is escalated to the database because that's where action is needed.
Do you even know what is happening? Watch global news and stop disagreeing. Stop watching African magic
Re: Coronavirus: Why Is NCDC Not Showing The Number Of People Tested? by MrNipplesLover(m): 6:11pm On Mar 26, 2020
nobody should tell me that they have their stupid reasons for hiding the actual cases.

we need to know what is going on around us.

these stupid people dey make person vex sometimes.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Why Is NCDC Not Showing The Number Of People Tested? by Ayomarcel(m): 6:11pm On Mar 26, 2020
I'm sure most of you wants this virus to spread to every Nigerians, so you can say we told you.. No country in the world will display accurate number of tested people. Why do they need to waste test kit when they are limited, why waste manpower because they want to tell u.

Every other country wait before the symptoms goes wild like difficulty in breathing before calling u to the hospital to test and treat. What don't u people understand by limited resources. No country has the power to beat this virus.

But, let's drag our government for dragging sake.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

6-Year-old Boko Haram Victim Shocked Dubai Doctors Begins To Walk (Photos) / Please Help My Palm Is Strong, It Makes Me Feel Shy When Shaking Hands / How True Is Graviola Tree Being A Natural Cancer Cell Killer?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.