Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,444,122 members, 5,502,980 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 April 2020 at 06:17 AM

Reason(s) most Nairalanders don't display their real pictures on their profile - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Reason(s) most Nairalanders don't display their real pictures on their profile (4333 Views)

Help! Nairalanders Don't Know What Is Wrong With My Dick / Lady Steals Someone's Valentine’s Pictures On Instagram (Photos) / See The World 's Most Painful S * X Toy Created By HIV Patient ( Photos ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reason(s) most Nairalanders don't display their real pictures on their profile by Jeboy(m): 5:36am On Mar 26
I noticed the trend of guys hiding their profile pics which was not so when we joined nairaland those days.

Is it because of the deceit, past experience, u just want to be anonymous, the vulnerability effect, intention to scam(some that use other genders pics).

Just drop a reason (s) why you chose to hide your true profile pics on nairaland.

2 Likes

Re: Reason(s) most Nairalanders don't display their real pictures on their profile by BlueDomera(m): 5:39am On Mar 26
It's because the forum is an anonymous forum.

Simple as ABC.
Case dismissed!!! undecided

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reason(s) most Nairalanders don't display their real pictures on their profile by husbandsnatcha(f): 5:42am On Mar 26
because people here are so fake

90% h0rny 419ners

The ladies ? the most desperate ,

Nairaland smells indeed ... tufiakwa

4 Likes

Re: Reason(s) most Nairalanders don't display their real pictures on their profile by BlueDomera(m): 5:45am On Mar 26
husbandsnatcha:
because people here are so fake

90% Hot 419ners

The ladies ? the most desperate ,

Nairaland smells indeed ... tufiakwa
what is more fake than a husband snatcher?

If nairaland smells indeed, i think it's because of the 419 and husband snatchers.

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reason(s) most Nairalanders don't display their real pictures on their profile by husbandsnatcha(f): 5:46am On Mar 26
Jeboy:
I noticed the trend of guys hiding their profile pics which was not so when we joined nairaland those days.

Is it because of the deceit, past experience, u just want to be anonymous, the vulnerability effect, intention to scam(some that use other genders pics).

Just drop a reason (s) why you chose to hide your true profile pics on nairaland.
...Those days when princes and princesses will put on their photos n we converse in true happiness , every single one has a profile photo ...now children of new Babylon has reason otherwise , lefulefu is the only one still unshakable

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reason(s) most Nairalanders don't display their real pictures on their profile by husbandsnatcha(f): 5:47am On Mar 26
BlueDomera:
what is more fake than a husband snatcher?

If nairaland smells indeed, i think it's because of the 419 and husband snatchers.

...Have u been slapped or slammed spiritually?

3 Likes

Re: Reason(s) most Nairalanders don't display their real pictures on their profile by BlueDomera(m): 5:50am On Mar 26
husbandsnatcha:
...Have u been slapped or slammed spiritually?
Yes and all those who tried are now six feet under the ground.

Any more dumb question?

30 Likes

Re: Reason(s) most Nairalanders don't display their real pictures on their profile by BlueDomera(m): 5:52am On Mar 26
husbandsnatcha:
...Those days when princes and princesses will put on their photos n we converse in true happiness , every single one has a profile photo ...now children of new Babylon has reason otherwise , lefulefu is the only one still unshakable
Princesses indeed.

So you think you are a princess?

Lol smh for your Bald head.

16 Likes

Re: Reason(s) most Nairalanders don't display their real pictures on their profile by CoronaVirusPro: 6:21am On Mar 26
My occult does not permit me to

1 Like

Re: Reason(s) most Nairalanders don't display their real pictures on their profile by dawnomike(m): 6:23am On Mar 26
Personal decision i guess... For me, the 1st write-off is not having a profile pix. Once you don't have a profile pix, i thread with caution.

If your NL account is less than a year or two, I thread with caution

If i check your past posts and comments and you seem unreasonable... I thread with caution

If you use a suspicious monicker... I interact with caution

If you are tribalistic... I deal with you with utmost caution

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reason(s) most Nairalanders don't display their real pictures on their profile by illicit(m): 7:05am On Mar 26
because of identity thieves

4 Likes

Re: Reason(s) most Nairalanders don't display their real pictures on their profile by Skyfornia(m): 7:06am On Mar 26
Even the owner of nairaland is hiding himself...who am I not to?

16 Likes

Re: Reason(s) most Nairalanders don't display their real pictures on their profile by Semperty: 7:10am On Mar 26
Skyfornia:
Even the owner of nairaland is hiding himself...who am I not to?
even the second in command snake lover is miles worse, no single soul knows how he looks like grin

7 Likes

Re: Reason(s) most Nairalanders don't display their real pictures on their profile by Kingsteve(m): 7:11am On Mar 26
So many reasons I guess.
Anonymity for various reasons.
Lack of confidence
Evil intentions and so on.

It would be nice if most monikers had a profile pic though.

...just saying!

1 Like

Re: Reason(s) most Nairalanders don't display their real pictures on their profile by KaideeGee(m): 7:15am On Mar 26
In Falz voice "because this Nigeria"

1 Like

Re: Reason(s) most Nairalanders don't display their real pictures on their profile by Kingsteve(m): 7:18am On Mar 26
dawnomike:
Personal decision i guess... For me, the 1st write-off is not having a profile pix. Once you don't have a profile pix, i thread with caution.

If your NL account is less than a year or two, I thread with caution

If i check your past posts and comments and you seem unreasonable... I thread with caution

If you use a suspicious monicker... I interact with caution

If you are tribalistic... I deal with you with utmost caution
Yeah....
my sentiments exactly, but I always give benefit of doubt.
Just for the sake of it!
Re: Reason(s) most Nairalanders don't display their real pictures on their profile by michael52573(m): 7:23am On Mar 26
I have always been and is Ki g my profile is the real me and all the fine ladies can always have access to me.
Re: Reason(s) most Nairalanders don't display their real pictures on their profile by Naomila: 7:45am On Mar 26
Well I prefer to be anonymous, unknown, mysterious smiley

3 Likes

Re: Reason(s) most Nairalanders don't display their real pictures on their profile by Graysons: 7:53am On Mar 26
husbandsnatcha:
... Those days when princes and princesses will put on their photos n we converse in true happiness , every single one has a profile photo ...now children of new Babylon has reason otherwise , lefulefu is the only one still unshakable
You mean like the Nigerian Prince? grin grin
Re: Reason(s) most Nairalanders don't display their real pictures on their profile by AfroKnight: 7:55am On Mar 26
cheesy cheesy

You joined Nairaland at a time when I used to think it was a dull forum. Someone convinced me otherwise a couple of years later. The beauty of it all is the relative anonymity.

There are A-list celebs here. Up and coming comedians, frustrated wives, tired husbands, CEO’s of IT firms. Employees insult their employers here without knowing it. grin It’s a smokescreen until you reveal some personal information that is unique to you then someone would ferret out your details and your cover is blown.

18 Likes

Re: Reason(s) most Nairalanders don't display their real pictures on their profile by XhosaNostra(f): 8:08am On Mar 26
Lol, because sometimes it can sort of come across like a personal ad & can attract unnecessary attention, especially from the males tongue

One thing I've noticed though, particularly with the NL females, when they've just put a new profile pic up, they tend to create unnecessary topics or stir up controversy, I suppose to capture enough attention & audience, to make people curious enough to click on their profile.

12 Likes

Re: Reason(s) most Nairalanders don't display their real pictures on their profile by frankkydee(m): 8:08am On Mar 26
Jeboy:

I want to change it but couldn't find the option,pls can you help out?
Re: Reason(s) most Nairalanders don't display their real pictures on their profile by realokopi(m): 8:11am On Mar 26
It's a faceless forum as they say but I still put up my profile picture because;
(1) I am not a fugitive.
(2) No bounty on my head and
(3)I am not scared of anybody

6 Likes

Re: Reason(s) most Nairalanders don't display their real pictures on their profile by 24kmagic(m): 8:17am On Mar 26
Ok
Re: Reason(s) most Nairalanders don't display their real pictures on their profile by icebird25(m): 8:18am On Mar 26
I'm a troll o...I don't want situation whereby I will savage one person here ..only to find out it's my lecturer in school o, or my future helper ...so I better remain anonymous

6 Likes

Re: Reason(s) most Nairalanders don't display their real pictures on their profile by Kingsteve(m): 8:22am On Mar 26
XhosaNostra:
Lol, because sometimes it can sort of come across like a personal ad & can attract unnecessary attention, especially from the males tongue

One thing I've noticed though, particularly with the NL females, when they've just put a new profile pic up, they tend to create unnecessary topics or stir up controversy, I suppose to capture enough attention & audience, to make people curious enough to click on their profile.

Hehe, I know the usual suspect(s), but I'm not shaking that table.
grin

2 Likes

Re: Reason(s) most Nairalanders don't display their real pictures on their profile by coolestofall(m): 8:23am On Mar 26
It gives the freedom to say whatever without the fear of it being associated to you. Like I can easily type "bros from your pix please update your moniker to Jeman abeg" grin

2 Likes

Re: Reason(s) most Nairalanders don't display their real pictures on their profile by XhosaNostra(f): 8:25am On Mar 26
Kingsteve:

Hehe, I know the usual suspect(s), but I'm not shaking that table.
grin

Thought I was the only person that noticed it lol. It's so obvious & ridiculous.

3 Likes

Re: Reason(s) most Nairalanders don't display their real pictures on their profile by proclinician: 8:28am On Mar 26
I do not understand. I've always had my pishure on here. This time in an awkward pose.
Re: Reason(s) most Nairalanders don't display their real pictures on their profile by Starboytwo(m): 8:32am On Mar 26
Never thought much about it, henceforth I will put up my profile
Re: Reason(s) most Nairalanders don't display their real pictures on their profile by Kingsteve(m): 8:33am On Mar 26
Starboytwo:
Never thought much about it, henceforth I will put up my profile
That's better!
One has been converted.
grin
Re: Reason(s) most Nairalanders don't display their real pictures on their profile by NaijadrivaCars: 8:33am On Mar 26
But I know the REAL NAMES and seen photos of a moderator, mannabbqgrills, cilicmarin (now deleted or has new moniker) and a whole lot of others. Mind you, their photos are not on their profiles.

Point is, this is a faceless forum that is why people make comments they cannot make in real life, so as not to by tagged "bad".

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

My Open Love Letter To Marieolae! / She Has A TITANIC Crush On Me.... / Nigeria Ladies Are The Most Confused

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2020 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.