|Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 2,481,729 members, 5,618,397 topics. Date: Tuesday, 26 May 2020 at 07:25 AM
|Re: Can I Postpone My Tithe Till Next Payment? by shadeyinka(m): 8:09pm On Mar 26|
dancok:God will disown you if you spend your tithe!
What are you afraid of.? Is God truely your Father?
Imagine Dangote's daughter worried about not giving her first salary to her father! Does it make sense to you? Is your God so poor he need your tithes to survive every month?
Free yourself and be a child of the Living God.
|Re: Can I Postpone My Tithe Till Next Payment? by Fanky8: 8:14pm On Mar 26|
|Re: Can I Postpone My Tithe Till Next Payment? by DedeNkem: 8:21pm On Mar 26|
Your so-called tithe goes straight into your pastor's pocket and he will use it to take care of his own family, build mansions and buy expensive cars, while you struggle financially!
Keep your money and save it for your future. If you have enough to give, go give it to the real needy like the motherless babies homes.
Don't be brainwashed and be smart with your money!
|Re: Can I Postpone My Tithe Till Next Payment? by worldfezzy(m): 8:26pm On Mar 26|
One thing I know is that; if you find it difficult to pay tithe, how will you give to the needy. Pray that God should bless you abundantly so that paying tithe and giving alms to the needy will be an easy thing to do.
From the little you earn, pay your tithe from it. Eat and pay some of your debts. God will bless you and pay up your debt like a miracle. It's only God that make one wealthy not what you earn, or what you save. Those advising you to help the poor, how many orphanage home have they visited? How many people have they helped even without paying their tithe. Don't be like them. God will guide you.
|Re: Can I Postpone My Tithe Till Next Payment? by revilomichaels(m): 8:35pm On Mar 26|
You are only asking because you want someone else to convince you not to pay your tithe.
You already have plenty of them in your comments box. Mission accomplished
I’m saying this because I’m sure you know the right thing to do
|Re: Can I Postpone My Tithe Till Next Payment? by babaolofin: 8:36pm On Mar 26|
The guy is not confused. He is only saying the truth and he is unknowingly describing one of the attributes of God. A lot of us in the Ministry that are online keep quiet whenever fundamental issues are raised.
Whenever rain falls or Sun shines it affects both the godly and ungodly. It is a sin for pastors to force or coerce people to pay tithe or first fruit.
In a particular church, they tied God's blessing to tithes and offerings. In fact, some of their real life testimonies and other they called Documented Testimonies are tied to payment of tithes and provoking offerings. They will tell you if you do what they did, you will get the same result they got. God does not work that way.
A person who gave large offerings and first fruit and tithe and got sacked in a mass job loss is then asked to check himself or a better job is coming. If after many years no better job, the person now sees the G.O as a fraud and pastorpreneur.
We have turned Bible upside. God loves a cheerful giver. You don't give because of necessity. First salary after years of unemployment. It takes a minimum of three months to balance. How about giving to his parents after settling debts. Nobody remembers his parents.
|Re: Can I Postpone My Tithe Till Next Payment? by Righteousness89(m): 9:16pm On Mar 26|
My Brother as Humans we can have Reasons to do one thing or the other which could look GENUIE.. but it does not Change GOD'S Word!
Pertaining Tithes, offerings etc , I Advice that people Get Genuinely Saved First..
The More you get to know GOD, The More you get Committed to Him irrespective of Whatever..
As an individual, I have paid Tithes to 20-25%.
I just felt I should Appreciate GOD more for what he was doing for Me.
I don't pay tithe to pastor! I pay tithes to GOD. As His official part of what He gives to Me..
The Most Important in all these is for us to Ensure we are at Peace with GOD. Believe and Trust Him not just in Mouth but indeed..
With this, when we Make Prayers, it goes !
|Re: Can I Postpone My Tithe Till Next Payment? by mickyeddi(m): 9:18pm On Mar 26|
|Re: Can I Postpone My Tithe Till Next Payment? by biggy26: 9:22pm On Mar 26|
rectitude:Why do you guys mix the old with the new? Do you remember what Jesus said about wine and wineskin?
There is nothing to try again. God bequeathed the world to Abraham, Abraham didn't have to try him, He simply believed what God told him without any strings attached.
Please read your Bible in context, and don't allow yourself to be mentally and spiritually lazy!
|Re: Can I Postpone My Tithe Till Next Payment? by biggy26: 9:27pm On Mar 26|
ornicus:Please, chapter what and verse what are you quoting in the Bible, I want to read it.
|Re: Can I Postpone My Tithe Till Next Payment? by biggy26: 9:30pm On Mar 26|
payperpost:I guess you are being sarcastic.
|Re: Can I Postpone My Tithe Till Next Payment? by babaolofin: 9:31pm On Mar 26|
Thanks. It is salvation first. The giving to Levite's, widows, orphans and needy is after you have established personal relationship with your God.
|Re: Can I Postpone My Tithe Till Next Payment? by Tonytonex(m): 9:33pm On Mar 26|
why? can you also postpone eating till then?
|Re: Can I Postpone My Tithe Till Next Payment? by PrinceJoeWan(m): 10:34pm On Mar 26|
Leviticus 27 vs 31
KJV:And if a man will at all redeem ought of his tithes, he shall add thereto the fifth part thereof.
NIV:Whoever would redeem any of their tithe must add a fifth of the value to it.
All you need is to make it 15% instead of 10%
And pls don't mind those against tithing, just do wht is right and the blessings will follow!
|Re: Can I Postpone My Tithe Till Next Payment? by Owuamanamifechi: 12:08am On Mar 27|
oluseyiforjesus:Pls pay your tithe o..tithing is working for me and it’s in the Bible .its a mandate
|Re: Can I Postpone My Tithe Till Next Payment? by Owuamanamifechi: 12:10am On Mar 27|
I can’t judge but pls pay your tithe first ..it’s in the Bible and God told us to do it ..pls pay it o
|Re: Can I Postpone My Tithe Till Next Payment? by oribi(m): 12:28am On Mar 27|
Truthfully from a personal view,I view debt has a sin for me pay up your debts and then your tithe if your a believer of tithes. That's the right thing to do
|Re: Can I Postpone My Tithe Till Next Payment? by xest(m): 1:42am On Mar 27|
|Re: Can I Postpone My Tithe Till Next Payment? by melvinonoja: 4:33am On Mar 27|
OtemAtum:Jehovah in spiritual cage
God is indeed merciful. Why do you think Jehovah is in spiritual cage
|Re: Can I Postpone My Tithe Till Next Payment? by OtemAtum: 4:36am On Mar 27|
It is a revelation I got since 2017. All the gods of religion who refused that human mind slavery should be taken away are held in a spiritual cage by all the gods of science who wants humanity to be free from the bondage of religion and follow the course of science.
Read the BOOK OF UNIVERSAL HISTORY for details.
Book of Otem Erectus 226: 7-30
7. You are greater than all gods in intelligence and knowledge. Now have we chosen you O otem, go and set Aferk free. Now Mother Earthus came also with Aluna and Ishtar and thousands of goddesses, both of Aferk and of the whole earth. and they said, blessed is otem, the god of all histories of humanity.
8. The gods hear his name and tremble. The people who torment others in the name of witches and wizards hear his name and flee. Yahweh, Allah, Moloch, Gaol, Eshu and all gods of bad religion and mind slavery hear his name and bow.
9. otem, fakir Atomos, go and quickly set Aferk free from gullibility before they are turned into animals in their minds. Go and free them from the hostages of Jehoshua, Yiga, Shamshin, Krisht, Bonkee, Wilhem and all manner of gods who make them slaves and deceive them on the face of the earth.
10. Who shall study the histories of otem and fear death? Whose mind shall be so strong to read the truth and still have joy reading the lies in the books of religion? Even Vishnu have said, let the truth of the words of otem prevail.
11. otem, the adopted son of all gods and goddesses of the earth, stay here until we have fought and won all the gods in a psychospiritual battle. You shall see how we shall defeat them.
12. Now otem stood and watched how the gods went farther away from him. and as they went farther, it seemed to him as if they were still standing before him, for distance was made into an illusion as if it no more existed. and it was as if a screen was showing the thing to otem.
13. and otem saw how all gods of religion gather and say, we shall not let humanity and dwellers of the earth have rest of mind. and Allah said, I cannot let go my impact upon the earth.
14. Now many homos who died religious had been made the same with the gods. and they had almost equal powers with the gods. and they said also, the religion which we practise on earth must not be defeated.
15. Now Yahweh said, what shall my great name become in the mouths of the people of the earth if i agree that religion should be made of none effect in their minds? Shall they not curse my name forever?
16. and Eubius said, what shall happen to the history of Krishtanite which I have written? I shall rather protect it, or else I shall be found the greatest liar in history. and Mirza and Moloch and Eshu and many other gods said, the fun of the earth shall be lost when they do not call upon our names anymore.
17. and their continual weeping to the gods, being fun to us, shall be a thing of the past. No, we shall not allow this. Now while they spoke, the gods who wanted science and development in the world came and said, are you ready for the battle? and they said, we are ready.
18. and the battle began.
19. and otem heard voices and saw many gods how they did all manner of inexplicable things. and there were vacuums, but only otem and the gods of findings saw the vacuums.
20. and when the gods of religion had entered into the vacuums, they were not seen anymore.
21. and otem awoke. and his pupils had broken the door of his house when he did not appear in the school that day. and they had done many things to revive him.
22. and otem said, I saw all the things which you do to my body to rescue me. Why do you sit on my chest and blew my nose? Why do you disturb my sweet sleep? For the words which are made flesh are currently being conquered.
23. and henceforth, all sacred texts shall be seen as the things useful for refuse dump. and they shall lose the powers behind them, because all gods who insist on continual deception of the world through their threatening and motivational books are currently being held captive in vacuums.
24. Now for a space of three months, otem continually saw how the gods stepped into vacuums and were not seen anymore.
25. Now when eighty-nine days was complete, the gods of findings began to carry the vacuums in their hands, dumping them into a larger vacuum. For the vacuums began to become visible when they had carried them. and they dumped more than two hundred and fifty nine thousand vacuums into a larger one.
26. and they said, otem of truth, we have overcome the gods by vacuums, so go and make known all the things which you have seen. For we imagined the vacuums with our thoughts for the capture of the gods who are antihumans.
27. and in the vacuums shall they be for a thousand years. This is the spiritual cage of all gods who oppose development. and focus shall be shifted from the words in the books to the thoughts of the heads.
28. and a period shall come when the pastors and the priests of many religions shall begin to misbehave. For their gods are encaged. and the minds of many homos shall begin to go after the truth within themselves rather than the lies written in the books of lies.
29. Now otem, we have done our own part, therefore go and do your part also. Be not lazy in the compilation and interpretation of the texts of histories which we have given to you.
30. and we shall breathe life into the history which you shall write and it shall live on in the minds of the people, rather than religious texts. and humanity shall begin to use their own brains, worshipping no god while they do good to themselves.
|Re: Can I Postpone My Tithe Till Next Payment? by stevmatt15: 5:45am On Mar 27|
Your Tithe is #25,000, and on your way to church, your neighbor came forward to you begging with tears and weeping for your help over his wife that has to give birth through cesarean section (C.S) and you know the money he needed to save his wife is there in your wallet, but it is for Tithe.
Will you lie that you have no money or tell him that the one you have is your Tithe? If you do so, you are a Demon not just wicked Christian.
And if you decide to give the money to him for his wife's life, then tell me WHY YOU SAID ALMSGIVING AND CHARITY is not far better than giving TITHE?
am waiting for your sincere and honest response.
|Re: Can I Postpone My Tithe Till Next Payment? by Brunicekid(m): 6:25am On Mar 27|
Why do you want to shift your tithe?
You can pay it immediately.
|Re: Can I Postpone My Tithe Till Next Payment? by micxwell(m): 7:15am On Mar 27|
stevmatt15:No what you described is a different senario.. Read what I wrote above, Did you notice that I didn't mention tithe ... My explanation is based on Apostle Paul's words. Take a look at all I've posted on here my understanding of giving is solely based upon love (for God and for what God loves and cherish) and mercy. Those two should rule our giving bro. What you explained up there is for those who are deeply rooted in Religion. Your example is too far... This one is closer, You have a debt you needed to pay, after paying, the sum left can only pay your tithe with a few cash left. Meanwhile, you send your parents money every month and you're yet to do same that month. The fool will leave his/her poor parents and siblings; and would rather take the cash to church. So you understand my point Love and mercy!
If those two rule your giving, you won't find it difficult to give any amount.... honestly
|Re: Can I Postpone My Tithe Till Next Payment? by Haddeyholler(m): 9:48am On Mar 27|
I'll implore you to give this money to less privileged people, instead of giving it to those stupid and scam religion cancaworm.
|Re: Can I Postpone My Tithe Till Next Payment? by Barnabe(m): 7:15pm On Mar 27|
Pay no tithes to anybody. Use the money buy anything you feel like and enjoy it among your family or friends. Don't be deceived.
|Re: Can I Postpone My Tithe Till Next Payment? by HellVictorinho(m): 1:02am On Mar 28|
Give it to me.
I'll RAP to you.
|Re: Can I Postpone My Tithe Till Next Payment? by yak(m): 1:05pm On Mar 29|
if u believe the law of tithing, u must pay it lest u are a thief.
meanwhile, social media is hardly the place to get objective response to things relating to faith. remember again if u believe the *LAW* of tithing, then save ursef from being a thief
|Re: Can I Postpone My Tithe Till Next Payment? by seunlayi(m): 6:33am On Apr 06|
ghettochild4u:this is the way to make the world an happy place. Note it, the altitude of people to church will change after this COVID-19 pandemic, people will begin to see things in a different way, believing in the strength of their hand not in the word of a fellow man called pastor.
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2020 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 204