Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,194 members, 7,818,645 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:39 PM

Six COVID-19 Patients To Be Discharged In Lagos - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Six COVID-19 Patients To Be Discharged In Lagos (58636 Views)

COVID-19: Lagos Discharges 9 More Patients. Total Discharged In Lagos Now 107 / COVID-19: Patients Getting Remdesivir Recovering Quickly, Discharged In Days / 3 Suspected Coronavirus Patients Discharged In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Six COVID-19 Patients To Be Discharged In Lagos by xanderj22(m): 1:23pm On Mar 26, 2020
They should be monitored closely and still be in quarantine, cos most of the discharged patients in China came back testing positive. The properties of the virus is yet to be understood.
Re: Six COVID-19 Patients To Be Discharged In Lagos by Pruwa: 1:23pm On Mar 26, 2020
Niggmatic:

All over the world, people recover from covid19. Over 100, 000 have recovered and more are still recovering

It has nothing to do with Nigerians. It is general case scenario.

yea I know
it is just that there is something in our health that is not okay
Re: Six COVID-19 Patients To Be Discharged In Lagos by Sunkyphil(m): 1:23pm On Mar 26, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin
long time boss
Re: Six COVID-19 Patients To Be Discharged In Lagos by OdefaGirl(f): 1:24pm On Mar 26, 2020
MhizJoyce:

You have the virus. Talk true.

Should I have the virus first before I ask such an important and educative question dear?
Re: Six COVID-19 Patients To Be Discharged In Lagos by dhardline(m): 1:24pm On Mar 26, 2020
OdefaGirl:
We are not here to drag who takes the lead or not.....let there be healing in the land.

I have one question that begs for answer(s),
Would a survivor of Covid 19 be infected again if exposed to the virus?

Yes. One who recovers can be infected again but this time it's only milder as the body has already generated antibodies against the virus. So it is not longer deadly to the individual but only comes with little symptoms.
Re: Six COVID-19 Patients To Be Discharged In Lagos by Odunolumide(m): 1:26pm On Mar 26, 2020
molybdenum0012:

Well government can intervene by given stipends to the poor and unemployed to survive.

Can they?
Re: Six COVID-19 Patients To Be Discharged In Lagos by makewetalk2: 1:26pm On Mar 26, 2020
the caliphate collapsed like ash tray
that was the last hope for yall
osama bin laden and ghadaffi tried to make noise, they were all silenced.
e no day work. even your women are seeking escape to free countries
alienvirus:
[s][/s]
Re: Six COVID-19 Patients To Be Discharged In Lagos by Ralphjoe(m): 1:26pm On Mar 26, 2020
Weedsmoker:
What we have in Nigeria are audio coronavirus, someone with headache, malaria,fever, typhoid will be claiming Corona.

Ladies and gentlemen,men and women, people of Nigeria coronavirus in Nigeria is a scam and has no place in the typical African man body system.
I can't believe with all these going on, you can still have this mentality, carry on o, ignorance is a disease.
Re: Six COVID-19 Patients To Be Discharged In Lagos by petitejolie(f): 1:27pm On Mar 26, 2020
OdefaGirl:
We are not here to drag who takes the lead or not.....let there be healing in the land.

yes. I read about such happened China and Italy. One had it again and died
Re: Six COVID-19 Patients To Be Discharged In Lagos by Russianlord101(m): 1:28pm On Mar 26, 2020
How are they recovering I am curious so we can know how to survive
Re: Six COVID-19 Patients To Be Discharged In Lagos by alienvirus: 1:28pm On Mar 26, 2020
[s]
makewetalk2:
the caliphate collapsed like ash tray
that was the last hope for yall
osama bin laden and ghadaffi tried to make noise, they were all silenced.
e no day work. even your women are seeking escape to free countries
[/s]
Re: Six COVID-19 Patients To Be Discharged In Lagos by Niggmatic: 1:28pm On Mar 26, 2020
Odunolumide:

No, not necessarily treatment, you only need treatment if your case turn pneumonia related and you become sick. You can test positive and not fall sick.
I no we don't have the hospital to treat 120 million but we don't need 120 million to be infected we need about 50 million.
Even at 50m we still don't have the capacity I know,but the question is, if the lock down escalates to about 2 month do you think Nigerians (especially the poor who makes up majority of the pop) will survive and at what cost to the economy?.

A debate is welcome .

The truth is that without treatment, the fatalities will definitely be over 20 percent. All critically ill will die. Most moderately ill will die. Then when you mix hunger with the virus as the case will be in Nigeria, you will get the picture of where we are headed. Remember that for now it is still those that are well to do that are affected. They are not malnourished. So the result might look promising. Imagine if the disease spread to the grassroots where poverty and poor nutrition is rife?.

Concerning herd immunity, experts says the world need about 60 percent of the population for that to happen. So 50million in Nigeria won't cut it.

For now our best bet is lock down. If we don't do it now will still do it later with enormous cost.

Pardon my typing errors

1 Like

Re: Six COVID-19 Patients To Be Discharged In Lagos by Mailthaddeus(m): 1:28pm On Mar 26, 2020
Heffalump:
Wow! Great news.

Thank you ABA Father. People should also know that contracting Corona Virus is not a death sentence shocked
Yea, 80% experience only mild symptoms and recover on their own. 15% moderate, while only 5% gets into the severe state, and it's common with old people or persons with underlying illness.

3 Likes

Re: Six COVID-19 Patients To Be Discharged In Lagos by Mailthaddeus(m): 1:29pm On Mar 26, 2020
Davash222:
Nigeria Doctors don discover the vaccine
Or those ones tested negative?

U don't need the vaccine to become negative.
Re: Six COVID-19 Patients To Be Discharged In Lagos by Realadey(m): 1:29pm On Mar 26, 2020
Thank God o, at least if we have more recovery than infected,Corona go die for Naija bi dat
Re: Six COVID-19 Patients To Be Discharged In Lagos by GermanMelania: 1:30pm On Mar 26, 2020
Davash222:

Their body fought the infection. It is not a life long virus
Re: Six COVID-19 Patients To Be Discharged In Lagos by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:30pm On Mar 26, 2020
Sunkyphil:
long time boss

1 Like

Re: Six COVID-19 Patients To Be Discharged In Lagos by Ralphjoe(m): 1:31pm On Mar 26, 2020
TallPck1:
This is good news and I'm very sure God would take control and we are coming out victorious!

Nigeria is the giant of Africa if not some our stupid and greedy leaders.
Nigeria a giant of Africa because 6 patients of Corona virus recovered? SMH! Hope you do know Corona virus is not a death sentence, most Corona virus infected people won't even need treatment but they will recover on their own, do you know how many Corona patient have recovered in Egypt, south Africa.
Re: Six COVID-19 Patients To Be Discharged In Lagos by benjijosh(m): 1:32pm On Mar 26, 2020
Davash222:

I think we need to educate ourselves more about this virus. I learnt our body is designed in a way to produce anti-bodies to fight viruses in our body. This explains why after a while, someone who has contacted the virus would recover.

PS: I am not in the medical field and could be wrong on some terms.
Re: Six COVID-19 Patients To Be Discharged In Lagos by MackyO(f): 1:33pm On Mar 26, 2020
Would a survivor of Covid 19 be infected again if exposed to the virus?[/quote]Yes ofcourse. Such case has been reported.
Re: Six COVID-19 Patients To Be Discharged In Lagos by Ralphjoe(m): 1:33pm On Mar 26, 2020
GermanMelania:

Their body fought the infection. It is not a life long virus
Help me tell him o, so many people are so ignorant of this disease. It's not a death sentence, over 90% of infected people do recover even without treatment.

2 Likes

Re: Six COVID-19 Patients To Be Discharged In Lagos by makewetalk2: 1:33pm On Mar 26, 2020
haha
ode
pedophile follower
arabs call you abeed meaning slave.
that is what mohammed called people like you
alienvirus:
[s][/s]
Re: Six COVID-19 Patients To Be Discharged In Lagos by honeyB2018: 1:35pm On Mar 26, 2020
To God be the glory for this news.
This virus like Ebola, will soon get off our land. Kudos to all the medical team.
Re: Six COVID-19 Patients To Be Discharged In Lagos by alienvirus: 1:35pm On Mar 26, 2020
[s]
makewetalk2:
haha
ode
pedophile follower
arabs call you abeed meaning slave.
that is what mohammed called people like you
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Six COVID-19 Patients To Be Discharged In Lagos by Daejoyoung: 1:35pm On Mar 26, 2020
OdefaGirl:

Very unlikely l think ( not sure), because the immune system becomes prepared to attack the virus immediately again if it comes back.
Re: Six COVID-19 Patients To Be Discharged In Lagos by Chris2863(m): 1:36pm On Mar 26, 2020
Davash222:
You are a goat
Re: Six COVID-19 Patients To Be Discharged In Lagos by paradigmshift(m): 1:36pm On Mar 26, 2020
Koginaija:
there is power in positive confession.say it and bilivitcheesycheesycheesy

I don't believe in that hypothesis..
No hope
Re: Six COVID-19 Patients To Be Discharged In Lagos by ChybuzzDD(m): 1:36pm On Mar 26, 2020
Weedsmoker:
What we have in Nigeria are audio coronavirus, someone with headache, malaria,fever, typhoid will be claiming Corona.

Ladies and gentlemen,men and women, people of Nigeria coronavirus in Nigeria is a scam and has no place in the typical African man body system.

Go and ask your father, Abba Kyari, what the virus is doing to him.
He will certainly let you know that "men and things are doing".
Re: Six COVID-19 Patients To Be Discharged In Lagos by Ralphjoe(m): 1:37pm On Mar 26, 2020
benjijosh:

I think we need to educate ourselves more about this virus. I learnt our body is designed in a way to produce anti-bodies to fight viruses in our body. This explains why after a while, someone who has contacted the virus would recover.

PS: I am not in the medical field and could be wrong on some terms.
you are very right bro. It's not a death sentence for healthy people that has strong immune system, only a little fraction of old people with underlining disease that actually does from it.
Re: Six COVID-19 Patients To Be Discharged In Lagos by Sagay212: 1:37pm On Mar 26, 2020
What drugs are being used to cure patients of the Corona virus. Maybe they should let everyone know so that the panic can reduce and maybe people can go about their businesses. I don't understand why we should ha e a lock down for covid19 if the Nigerian doctors can cure it so easily.
Re: Six COVID-19 Patients To Be Discharged In Lagos by richard870(m): 1:40pm On Mar 26, 2020
Kwanza:

https://punchng.com/breaking-six-covid-19-patients-to-be-discharged-in-lagos/
@Op, abeg, help tell them that calling them patients is TERRIBLY WRONG, they are now SURVIVORS!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

New Onitsha General Hospital Isolation Center (photos ) / Coronavirus: Olumide Okunuga Dies In Italy. / Photos Of This Cute Nigerian Gynaecologist Who Is Making Waves Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.