Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,028 members, 7,818,034 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:41 AM

I Feel Like Committing Suicide - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I Feel Like Committing Suicide (5027 Views)

I Feel Like I Wasted My Time On Education / I Feel Depressed With A CGPA Of 4.2+ / Lady Who Tried Committing Suicide Over Admission, Celebrates Her Graduation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Feel Like Committing Suicide by seanwilliam(m): 9:39am On Mar 27, 2020
why would you want to take your life cos of academic failure?? .. bro you never see better worries in life atall..
my advice
1. everybody has strength in different area/field..so find the area you are good at
2. drop the course, obtain jamb and go for course you have passion for
3. if school is not your calling, drop out and enrol in innovation centre
4. there is different between reading to pass and reading to understand.. try the second
5. treat past questions and dont wait for exam to start before jacking
6. go to class all the time... jack everyday
7. give your full attention to reading ( concentrate, drop any other things for now)
8. go to tutorial after class
9. change your circle.. more with the serious and genius..
10. pray, pray , pray and pray, if you believe it..

2 Likes

Re: I Feel Like Committing Suicide by IFEOLUWAKRIZ: 9:57am On Mar 27, 2020
Hope you know attempted suicide is punishable under our law? Kindly be a friend to your Criminal Code.

Nothing justifies taking your own life. It's not even about you but your parents, teachers, friends, etc, that place trust and confidence in you. Don't abuse their trust and confidence. Remain blessed.
Re: I Feel Like Committing Suicide by tonymyke4life(m): 10:06am On Mar 27, 2020
Change course!!!
Re: I Feel Like Committing Suicide by Iceyjays(m): 11:04am On Mar 27, 2020
You don't value your life? it's such a pity.
Re: I Feel Like Committing Suicide by shestrong(f): 11:14am On Mar 27, 2020
Dicktion:
You being reading and trying so hard to make your parents and relations proud since daycare days but all to no avail Seriously and Honestly no hard feelings you're a disgrace to this community embarassed
TOO HARSH DEAR

1 Like

Re: I Feel Like Committing Suicide by Nobody: 11:25am On Mar 27, 2020
OmoDavido:
Alot of people don't know how well to study and pass exam.

If you study all your class notes, lecturers slides, and solve past questions very well.

I swear you can never fail that course. Well except only if you didn't study it well. There are times when you might not understand a topic that all you will have to do is to cram and memorize it.

And also you don't read a topic only once and expect to pass. You have to read and re-read like 4 to 5 times till you are sure that you can write out or say out 90% of everything about the topic off hand. Then you can move to the next topic.

This has been my own way of studying since I entered the university and by God's grace I am on 4 point now in my 400L. I was not a bright student in secondary school because all I did then was to start cramming maybe a week to the exam.

And the key is to start reading very early, and also write down, like jot down as you are reading.

Success....
I'm considered one of the dullest in my class but what has been keeping me safe is this formula.I'm studying Mechanical engineering with 3.2 cgpa. It's works even on calculations course.

1 Like

Re: I Feel Like Committing Suicide by Ibechris2: 12:17pm On Mar 27, 2020
Eddygourdo:
you are a bloody dullard. Wait till the pains of life comes to you due to your failures, then you will know that suicide is a sweet relief from poverty, nothiness and being a nobody. Don't be a man and work hard because your life depends on it. Be playing and telling stories

Guy,na device this brother come ask for here and here u are ranting like a Gbagi chiefs. May God help.
Re: I Feel Like Committing Suicide by PatrickOkunima(m): 12:20pm On Mar 27, 2020
OP, don't kill yourself for whatever reason. Like I always say, University education is not meant for everyone. In the past, if you fail to attain a particular level of performance in pry school, you halt there. Same applies to secondary. But these days, every parent want his or her child to go to the University, which is wrong. Funny enough, it doesn't guarantee a successful life, especially for Nigerians. Which makes me wonder what our motivation is for acquiring additional qualifications.

2 Likes

Re: I Feel Like Committing Suicide by Nobody: 1:08pm On Mar 27, 2020
shestrong:

TOO HARSH DEAR
Only spat out the bitter truth. Since daycare o Haba embarassed

1 Like

Re: I Feel Like Committing Suicide by Eddygourdo(m): 1:10pm On Mar 27, 2020
Ibechris2:

Guy,na device this brother come ask for here and here u are ranting like a Gbagi chiefs. May God help.
Mtcheew. Dummy
Re: I Feel Like Committing Suicide by joe4christ(m): 1:27pm On Mar 27, 2020
OP study yourself first. Education doesn't translate to a successful life bro. Look within, what are you passionate about, follow your dream and you will do well.

If na by suicide all of us for don die tey tey na. Life will often frustrate you. But there is a light at the end of the tunnel!
Re: I Feel Like Committing Suicide by DorianD(m): 2:45pm On Mar 27, 2020
Mizormac:
Ever since I was a kid in primary school. My teachers told me I was intelligent I was a smart kid in class but my result always proved negative I was termed as an average kid. Throughout my secondary school my result was bang average. I do feel remorse for my school result but my parents do cheer me up. I entered university to study Microbiology. First semester I had two carryovers. My Cgpa was 2.4 I was told to work harder by my parent. Second semester I did work harder but I had nothing to show for it I had 2 carryovers my Cgpa was low I was so depressed . my parent cheered me up and told me to Work harder they were always there for me. This semester I told my self I would make them proud. I started reading harder than I ever did in my entire life. Result for this semester just came out I had 7 carryovers. I was so shocked I received the shock of my miserable life I'm planning on committing suicide because I feel like a disappointment to my family right now. I can't even show them my result.
Let me tell u a story...I had a friend way back in school who had a similar case as yours, his situation was dire, and probably worse than yours. he would have at least four carryovers per semester while studying Civil Engineering.he was very delegent at studies, and a smart guy too.we both form a study group but to no avail.At a point, i was pained, then had to intervene by sneaking in to help him write his carryover faculty courses.Then the Shocker came and he was slammed Seven carryovers in year 3.His parents then sent him outa the country for a fresh start.he studied and graduated excellently.I tracked him down on Facebook just last week we had a brief chat and to my amusement, the guy is a top shot with Julius Berger, while life for me after graduation has been pathetic with nothing to show so far, dosent still mean have given up
My advice is you think outside the box.LOOK AT EARTH FROM OUTASPACE, EVERYONE MUST FIND A PLACE.Theres a place for u bro.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Feel Like Committing Suicide by Nobody: 3:41pm On Mar 27, 2020
I didn't read, but don't commit suicide.
Re: I Feel Like Committing Suicide by Greatzeus(m): 4:46pm On Mar 27, 2020
Mizormac:
Ever since I was a kid in primary school. My teachers told me I was intelligent I was a smart kid in class but my result always proved negative I was termed as an average kid. Throughout my secondary school my result was bang average. I do feel remorse for my school result but my parents do cheer me up. I entered university to study Microbiology. First semester I had two carryovers. My Cgpa was 2.4 I was told to work harder by my parent. Second semester I did work harder but I had nothing to show for it I had 2 carryovers my Cgpa was low I was so depressed . my parent cheered me up and told me to Work harder they were always there for me. This semester I told my self I would make them proud. I started reading harder than I ever did in my entire life. Result for this semester just came out I had 7 carryovers. I was so shocked I received the shock of my miserable life I'm planning on committing suicide because I feel like a disappointment to my family right now. I can't even show them my result.
You are such an ungrateful fellow, people like you hardly have breakthrough in life because you are ungrateful to God.
Do you know how many people entered 2020 with good job and good health and good life that Corona has killed? What's special about you useless nonentity if you kill yourself? I am sure your family won't even miss you because you are useless to yourself, family and society at large. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Feel Like Committing Suicide by kingvick09(m): 4:46pm On Mar 27, 2020
Mizormac:

grow up man !!!! you've suffered alot trying to prove failure wrong but still failed ,here you are thinking of suicide and suffer in hell again... The fact someone else passed and you failed shouldn't bother you much ,cause everyone's got different life

FAILURE IS NOT THE END OF THE WORLD.. KEEP LIVING TO PROVE FAILURE WRONG

1 Like

Re: I Feel Like Committing Suicide by terrezo2002(m): 4:53pm On Mar 27, 2020
Mizormac:
Same happened to me. Do you have Jesus? Have you prayed about it? Know this also that failure does not mean it is the end. Pick up yourself and try again. The future belongs to those who doesn't give up.
Funny thing is that right now I didn't know I failed very well back then in school. There are many opportunities for me now in my career.
Know this...Romans 8:28 All things work together for those that love God and are called according to His purpose.
Your assurance is of a good future is God. it is never the number of distinctions one has in his subjects. Do your best and leave the rest to God to handle it. Be blessed
Re: I Feel Like Committing Suicide by jlinkssolutions: 5:50pm On Mar 27, 2020
Mizormac:

One thing is to read another thing is to read right!

No need reading without direction. Look for past years past questions and answers of the courses you’re doing and read and memorize the answers.

You’ll thank me later in your next result.

With this format , I was the best student during my secondary school (2004 set) got jamb that same year (240) enter university the same year (2004) never had any carryover, graduates with Honorable Second Class Upper (2:1) FUTO .

I always option for past questions and answers. Different years for each course.

Reading without direction has made so many intelligent people loose hope on themselves.

Just try this method and anyone else can also use it and thank me later.

Use the method in your GCE or Waec and Jamb preparation. And your University Exam preparations.

The sky is your starting point. Suicide ain’t an option at all. Thank God for your Loving and caring parents.

1 Like

Re: I Feel Like Committing Suicide by aminusodiq(m): 6:20pm On Mar 27, 2020
Mizormac:
don't give up
.. I tink dia is a problm wit ur method of reading
Re: I Feel Like Committing Suicide by Nobody: 7:30pm On Mar 27, 2020
[quote author=Jokerman post=87804702]Lolssss

What if you are studying

Medicine
Engineering
Mathematics & Physics

WA TI KU TI PÉ? grin[/quote

@ d bolded, aswr
Re: I Feel Like Committing Suicide by airex(m): 7:44pm On Mar 27, 2020
Mizormac:
U be Mumu if you stop having that feeling. Stop that secret habit you're doing and watch your academics shift to a greater level.
Re: I Feel Like Committing Suicide by Nobody: 7:48pm On Mar 27, 2020
Mizormac:

My dear lovely brother, no matter the situation in life, never give suicide a second thought. I have also nutured the thought of committing suicide before because of my academic performance in school, but God intervene after doing the right thing. My brother you would be surprise that last las you would be the best in your field of study later in life and those that have had all the A's will later come to you for help. Stay strong, start again, study as if you want to die and pray like you have never studied and leave the rest to God.
God LOVES us
Re: I Feel Like Committing Suicide by Nobody: 7:58pm On Mar 27, 2020
Greatzeus:

You are such an ungrateful fellow, people like you hardly have breakthrough in life because you are ungrateful to God.
Do you know how many people entered 2020 with good job and good health and good life that Corona has killed? What's special about you useless nonentity if you kill yourself? I am sure your family won't even miss you because you are useless to yourself, family and society at large. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

He should be grateful to God for what?
Did he ask to be born? I wonder why a self-sufficient being would just decide to create anything at all..
Re: I Feel Like Committing Suicide by Karleb(m): 8:55pm On Mar 27, 2020
You should be happy you have a supportive family. Another family would have given you a million and one reason to commit suicide.

But 7 carryovers in a semester is bad. I won't lie.

You might be having problems with assimilation or retention.

Try looking for a solution to these problems.
Re: I Feel Like Committing Suicide by suzenkhan2you: 6:35am On Jun 21, 2020
Thanks for sharing such a informative article. I hope that this post is really useful for the people who looks for this.
Also please check the below links: http://suzenkhan.com
Re: I Feel Like Committing Suicide by suzenkhan2you: 6:57am On Jun 21, 2020
suzenkhan2you:
Thanks for sharing such a informative article. I hope that this post is really useful for the people who looks for this. Also please check the below links: Mumbai escorts service
Re: I Feel Like Committing Suicide by Bornfool(m): 8:19am On Jun 21, 2020
Bro never commit suicide, the greatest thing you have is your parent they cheer you up when you fail because they believe in you. Tell them you will see that they will still cheer up. I love your parent. Is to late to commit suicide.
Re: I Feel Like Committing Suicide by Sweetcrude19: 2:53pm On Sep 09, 2020
AccessME:
This is almost thesame thing that happened to me too buh just with a slight difference. In 100-200 level I always fail 1 course in every semester with 2. CGPA not until 300L I saw my downfall with over 5 COs and this really affected me and mar me from graduating. To think I wasted 4years in the university without a result to show really troubled me and till date I'm still at home hoping for a better turnout of things someday. I applied 4 jamb this year and to God b the glory scored above 200 praying fervently UniAbuja offers me admission cos I honestly can't bear the brunt of wasting another year at home haven wasted 7yrs already with nothing to show 4 it.

What I'm trying to advice u on is to take next year's JAMB, apply another course in another school (thats what i should have done) i wouldn't be at home nw. if the burden is too much for u to carry on with instead of struggling and struggling only to spend extra 1-2years or not even graduating at all eventually. If I had thought about this earlier enough or find someone that would have told me to do this I would have been in 300-400 level in another school now hence, wouldn't have regret so bad. Pls don't think of suicide is not the way out. Just dust urself and act fast the lord is ur strength.

As a matter of fact, I contemplated suicide too but I find out it wasn't the best thing to do besides those that encounter one challenge or another in their stages of life end up becoming great in their future endeavours. Think about it!
U are really strong and determined. Not all who went through all this can really pick up the courage and continue. God will really see u through ur admission process.
Re: I Feel Like Committing Suicide by sanmtiago(m): 3:29pm On Sep 09, 2020
This guy listen my only advice for you is to remember that whatever you’re going through people own pass your own. Your wahala sef no too much and you’re contemplating suicide. Well most people are emotionally weak and too fearful about failure.
Let me tell you in a university problem your own dey level 1 no worry you no even get talk undecided
Re: I Feel Like Committing Suicide by Sirfemisky: 4:48pm On Sep 09, 2020
Mizormac:
How old are you?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Federal Polytechnic, Idah 2010/2011 Admission List Is Out / Nigeria: Fg To Hand Over 100 Almajiri Schools By June / DELTA STATE SCHOOL OF MARINE TECHNOLOGY Admission Form Now on Sales

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.