Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,096 members, 7,811,071 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:33 PM

I Feel Like I Wasted My Time On Education - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I Feel Like I Wasted My Time On Education (31959 Views)

I Feel Depressed With A CGPA Of 4.2+ / I Wasted A Lot Of Time On The Internet - Lady Cries On Quora / Nigeria Has The Lowest Budget On Education, Here Are The Statistics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Feel Like I Wasted My Time On Education by shogsman(m): 10:28am On Apr 13, 2022
I'm in my early 30s, I've got a bsc in sociology, a master's degree in statistics and like a dozen other professional degrees in human resource management, gerentology, demography, financial risk management, oil and gas services, pmp and so on.

Infact I'm basically one of the most educated individuals I've met. The sad part is I've never made a cent off my educational qualifications.
Heck I work in a totally different industry and make a good living which I'm definitely not going to trade for social work or psychology, so this past few days I get myself thinking what a waste of Time and resources that was, I literarily spent millions on my education, even relocating abroad to study but it was all a goddamn waste of time, all I got is a useless paper I'm never going to use.

My advice to young ones out there is to set your goals right and stupid untraditional ideas is better than no ideas. You don't necessarily have to pursue a degree to be okay in life.

317 Likes 24 Shares

Re: I Feel Like I Wasted My Time On Education by Vitamin17(m): 10:55am On Apr 13, 2022
So u study all this things initially to use am make money grin. Oga no be so nah

138 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Feel Like I Wasted My Time On Education by shogsman(m): 11:28am On Apr 13, 2022
Vitamin17:
So u study all this things initially to use am make money grin. Oga no be so nah
Yeah that was the idea o

75 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Feel Like I Wasted My Time On Education by alphaNomega: 12:28pm On Apr 13, 2022
So what are you doing for a living?

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Feel Like I Wasted My Time On Education by Nobody: 1:14pm On Apr 13, 2022
Your academic history is quite muddled. It is an apt description of "Jack of All Trades and Master of None" and that appears to be your Achilles heel.

Sociology- Statistics- Demography- Financial Risk Management- Oil and Gas services etc are your academic certificates.

When I read your story I reasoned the compelling relationship between Sociology and Financial Risk management and I couldn't arrive at something substantial.

Your resume appears like that of a person who was told while choosing their career that their discipline does not matter if they have a certificate and sponsor.

The best practice is to hold unto one or two trades and make the best out of them, Good Luck.

328 Likes 22 Shares

Re: I Feel Like I Wasted My Time On Education by kelechi50: 1:34pm On Apr 13, 2022
The bitter truth about the Op
ETHICALLYrlght:
Your academic history is quite muddled. It is an apt description of "Jack of All Trades and Master of None" and that appears to be your Achilles heel.

Sociology- Statistics- Demography- Financial Risk Management- Oil and Gas services etc are your academic certificates.

When I read your story I reasoned the compelling relationship between Sociology and Financial Risk management and I couldn't arrive at something substantial.

Your resume appears like that of a person who was told while choosing their career that your discipline does not matter if you have a certificate and sponsor.

The best practice is to hold unto one or two trades and make the best out of them, Good Luck.

109 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Feel Like I Wasted My Time On Education by ITbomb(m): 1:49pm On Apr 13, 2022
You are educated and that's all that matters.
The main aim of education is to make you think and know how to research solutions and recognise opportunities as well as to be prepared to maximally exploit those opportunities.

The paper is just to tell people that you can function in this sector it doesn't mean you can't choose another sector and function

133 Likes 11 Shares

Re: I Feel Like I Wasted My Time On Education by VickyELEFAN(f): 4:25pm On Apr 13, 2022
You don't get it sir. Education is all about purpose.
What purpose was your educational certification suppose to serve ?

1. It could be for self englighment and been able to pass such knowledge to those looking up to you

2. It could be to have financial upper hand and sociaetal elevation. This means you went to school, solely for the financial gain and popularity

3. It could be to " to just fit in with the popular". To just be a "part of the system" (most teachers and government workers fall into this category

43 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Feel Like I Wasted My Time On Education by MP3GAGAdotCOM(f): 4:25pm On Apr 13, 2022
First of all,
Are you a lover of yourself or A Lover of Christ? You seem to be too proud of ur achievements.
Lemme tell you the truth, without JESUS CHRIST in your life, all those certificates will be tissue papers in no distant time.
We have seen PhD holders lobbying to be dangote's truck driver, very pathetic.

Just sit tight, the country will help you understand better.

24 Likes 8 Shares

Re: I Feel Like I Wasted My Time On Education by Lordbinsmar: 5:26pm On Apr 13, 2022
cheesy

1 Like

Re: I Feel Like I Wasted My Time On Education by Rickmann: 5:38pm On Apr 13, 2022
Vitamin17:

You can't blame him ok...thats the society we live in.
I'm glad people like him can use his experience to redirect younger ones.

22 Likes

Re: I Feel Like I Wasted My Time On Education by Hartugrin27(m): 6:49pm On Apr 13, 2022
shogsman:
I'm in my early 30s, I've got a bsc in sociology ,a master's degree in statistics and like a dozen other professional degrees in human resource management,gerentology, demography, financial risk management,oil and gas services,pmp and so on.
Infact I'm basically one of the most educated individuals I've met. The sad part is I've never made a cent off my educational qualifications.
Heck I work in a totally different industry and make a good living which I'm definitely not going to trade for social work or psychology, so this past few days I get myself thinking what a waste of Time and resources that was, I literarily spent millions on my education,even relocating abroad to study but it was all a goddamn waste of time,all I got is a useless paper I'm never going to use.
My advice to young ones out there is to set your goals right and stupid untraditional ideas is better than no ideas. You don't necessarily have to pursue a degree to be okay in life.

Sometimes, it's not about going to school bla bla bla.....
It's about "shey u get sense"

16 Likes

Re: I Feel Like I Wasted My Time On Education by Aceed: 8:38pm On Apr 13, 2022
This is simply a case of anywhere belle face

Yes you (have) achieved a lot education wise but you lacked purpose, vision, goals & direction...to make money is not a goal, it is a means to an end...

Truly, money answereth all things but it is vanity....there is enjoyment in this world but it is still vanity...you have gained what many dream...just the versatility alone...but you still say you wasted time and efforts...wow...indeed, what shall it profit a man to gain the world and lose his soul

24 Likes

Re: I Feel Like I Wasted My Time On Education by Dawson126: 10:27pm On Apr 13, 2022
shogsman:
I'm in my early 30s, I've got a bsc in sociology ,a master's degree in statistics and like a dozen other professional degrees in human resource management,gerentology, demography, financial risk management,oil and gas services,pmp and so on.
Heck I work in a totally different industry and make a good living which I'm definitely not going to trade for social work or psychology, so this past few days I get myself thinking what a waste of Time and resources that was, I literarily spent millions on my education,even relocating abroad to study but it was all a goddamn waste of time,all I got is a useless paper I'm never going to use.

Sir, be thanking God that you're gainfully employed. Some get many certs and whether them go employ them relating to wetin dem study or not, dem no even see the opportunity. Even self employment na wahala for them

Most time, the papers are not worth it but the change of orientations. Irrespective of the papers (certs) some employers employ for or key in to that change in orientations you've got after the papers (certs), interviews get why. B.A/ HND Igbo, no suppose work for bank but it does, because banks want a graduate (degree/HND) orientation so if you don't have that paper to show for it, even if you have a graduate orientation and you've never been to the university, you can't still be employed by them to do their primary stuffs.

These your certs get as dem be. Gerontology? Na MBBS you do? grin

Be happy and grateful to God.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Feel Like I Wasted My Time On Education by Dawson126: 10:34pm On Apr 13, 2022
ETHICALLYrlght:

Your resume appears like that of a person who was told while choosing their career that their discipline does not matter if they have a certificate and sponsor.

grin convincing

4 Likes

Re: I Feel Like I Wasted My Time On Education by Vitamin17(m): 11:15pm On Apr 13, 2022
Rickmann:

You can't blame him ok...thats the society we live in.
I'm glad people like him can use his experience to redirect younger ones.

Yeah he did well though

1 Like

Re: I Feel Like I Wasted My Time On Education by Vitamin17(m): 11:16pm On Apr 13, 2022
shogsman:

Yeah that was the idea o

cheesy
Re: I Feel Like I Wasted My Time On Education by seanwilliam(m): 12:37am On Apr 14, 2022
Lol. See dem talking about passion as if over 90 % of Nigerian students are not in school just to get the certificate for the job wey go get dem the money .,

Na person wey hunger never knack Dey think of Passion

I buy all countries giftcards. I buy GREENDOT/PAYPAL FUNDS @ your own rate. I sell google voice bulk and unit @ cheaper price ✅

20 Likes

Re: I Feel Like I Wasted My Time On Education by Oddfinder: 9:21am On Apr 14, 2022
angry

1 Like

Re: I Feel Like I Wasted My Time On Education by OnaSpaceship: 9:22am On Apr 14, 2022
Whiskey Whiskey Whiskey carry me go

2 Likes

Re: I Feel Like I Wasted My Time On Education by iCauseTrouble: 9:22am On Apr 14, 2022
angry

1 Like

Re: I Feel Like I Wasted My Time On Education by Nobody: 9:22am On Apr 14, 2022
Don't be discouraged, better days are coming

1 Like

Re: I Feel Like I Wasted My Time On Education by SIMONEKPA7: 9:22am On Apr 14, 2022
smiley
Not just you but most people feel so but some of us were lucky.

1 Like

Re: I Feel Like I Wasted My Time On Education by Siberia01(m): 9:22am On Apr 14, 2022
undecided

It's only in Nigeria that education is the cause of poverty and backwardness

Each day the black race comes up with a suprise

5 Likes

Re: I Feel Like I Wasted My Time On Education by Bounceboune7: 9:22am On Apr 14, 2022
I stopped at b.tech not cos I can't afford to further but in my own world,u continue only when u have a clear cut pattern.

What I do to make money is not even related to my certificate so y should I further?

Majority of people I knew that went further spent millions only to come back and starr job hunting.

So y not establish a business with the money n b your own boss,imagine a masters holder earning 50k per month whereas someone that used 1 million to start a hustle can employ him conveniently

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Feel Like I Wasted My Time On Education by Baawaa(m): 9:22am On Apr 14, 2022
No knowledge is waste, you shall laugh one day

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

UNIOSUN Final Year Students Signed Out In Styles / Wrong Use Of The Words "Kid Sister" And "Kid Brother" / Nigerian Student Rescued After Being Trapped Between 2 Walls For 72 Hours

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.