Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,533 members, 7,812,653 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:55 PM

I Home-schooled My Kids For 3 Years. Here’s What Parents Need To Know Now. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Home-schooled My Kids For 3 Years. Here’s What Parents Need To Know Now. (769 Views)

Nigerian Parents Need To Allow Their Daughters Leave Toxic Marriages / If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? / If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Home-schooled My Kids For 3 Years. Here’s What Parents Need To Know Now. by bmdmixer: 9:55am On Mar 27, 2020
Up until this past week, I liked to refer to myself as a recovering home-schooler. I loved home-schooling my children, the way we love anything that stretches and exhausts and betters us, but I had come to accept that it would no longer be part of our journey.

We initially chose home-schooling in a bid for increased freedom and individualized learning, which worked ― some days better than others ― until I alone could no longer meet their needs. Just this past fall we made the difficult decision to enroll them all in “real” school. The irony that the year we put our kids in school just happens to be the same year that the entire world started home-schooling is not lost on me.

Now, I, along with millions of other parents across the nation, ready my home school and slog through the ups and downs of distance learning amidst the COVID-19 outbreak.

Many moms and dads are navigating this new reality while at the same time balancing the demands of a full-time job and attempting to parent through an exceptionally volatile and potentially traumatic worldwide crisis.

Having taught my four children for three crazy, wonderful, tiring years, I understand the anxiety that accompanies this new normal and the upheaval wrought by a drastic change in circumstances.

Given that, I’d like to share my personal home-schooling thoughts and experiences in the hope that some may find them helpful.

Read more on the article here
http://www.soundlala.com/news.php?id=1428

wear mask
wash hands
stay safe

1 Like

Re: I Home-schooled My Kids For 3 Years. Here’s What Parents Need To Know Now. by nairamaniac: 10:05am On Mar 27, 2020
Nice one
Re: I Home-schooled My Kids For 3 Years. Here’s What Parents Need To Know Now. by dawnomike(m): 10:12am On Mar 27, 2020
Home-schooling is very exhausting...

3 Likes

Re: I Home-schooled My Kids For 3 Years. Here’s What Parents Need To Know Now. by sisisioge: 10:12am On Mar 27, 2020
Wow! I've always been fascinated with the idea...all the subjects required in their curriculum? Kudos!
Re: I Home-schooled My Kids For 3 Years. Here’s What Parents Need To Know Now. by pbethel: 11:08am On Mar 27, 2020
Kudos.
Re: I Home-schooled My Kids For 3 Years. Here’s What Parents Need To Know Now. by NobleAngell(f): 4:13pm On Mar 27, 2020
Home schooling is very good but people don't know.
Re: I Home-schooled My Kids For 3 Years. Here’s What Parents Need To Know Now. by Chiebunigom1(f): 5:02pm On Mar 27, 2020
Not easy as it sounds.
Homeschooling children is very good so far their social life with other kids/ people is well balanced.

Can be very exhausting especially when you have more than one kid, and you are also your own house keeper.

1 Like

Re: I Home-schooled My Kids For 3 Years. Here’s What Parents Need To Know Now. by bmdmixer: 10:23pm On May 06, 2020
d norm now

(1) (Reply)

This Boy Was Thrown Out Of Home After A Prophet Told His Parent He's a wizard / . / Affordable Kids Tablets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.