Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,879 members, 7,817,588 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:03 PM

Corona Virus Has No Vaccine, How Come Infected People Are Turning Negative? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Corona Virus Has No Vaccine, How Come Infected People Are Turning Negative? (648 Views)

No Vaccine Card? No Buying Or Selling / Corona Virus: Is It Safe To Order Stuff From AliExpress? / 100 Ladies Working For NGOs In Borno Impregnated And Infected With HIV (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Corona Virus Has No Vaccine, How Come Infected People Are Turning Negative? by Olodo24: 12:36pm On Mar 27, 2020
This is a question that's been bothering me.

They say covid-19 has no cure, so how come the victims are recovering from it?

what are they giving them while on isolation?

I may be ignorant of how this medical system works, so I'd like to be educated by experts on this platform. Brief me

1 Like

Re: Corona Virus Has No Vaccine, How Come Infected People Are Turning Negative? by Ekejoestar(m): 12:42pm On Mar 27, 2020
I dont mean to insult u, but why did u choose olodo24 as a username?

Anyway the reason why most people especially the young adult dont show any sympton at all is because of the body's immunity. U see ehn, some people's body immunity be like 20ft concrete wall that nothing can penetrate.

6 Likes

Re: Corona Virus Has No Vaccine, How Come Infected People Are Turning Negative? by knowhowk: 12:49pm On Mar 27, 2020
Ekejoestar:

Anyway the reason why most people especially the young adult dont show any sympton at all is because of the body's immunity. U see ehn, some people's body immunity be like 20ft concrete wall that nothing can penetrate.
So you mean all those that were tested positive before were not given any Medications ,They just slept ,wake up and there immune system cured them right ?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Corona Virus Has No Vaccine, How Come Infected People Are Turning Negative? by teadrake(m): 12:50pm On Mar 27, 2020
The virus is self limiting if you have a strong immunity. And once you've tested negative, you're likely not to have it again even if you're exposed to it again (except it's a new strain)
Re: Corona Virus Has No Vaccine, How Come Infected People Are Turning Negative? by josen16322(m): 12:56pm On Mar 27, 2020
those people turnin negative from positive are very lucky,let dem tank their God but com 2 tink of it is like dis corona birus has grade oh, is like d one in wuhan and bergamo in italy are very angry angryand deadly virus more dan d rest in d world

3 Likes

Re: Corona Virus Has No Vaccine, How Come Infected People Are Turning Negative? by Shegunsmart(m): 12:57pm On Mar 27, 2020
Thank you for asking this question.
To be honest, I have been asking same question from people but haven't been given a good answer.

What do they give those in self isolation?
Ogogoro or warm water?
Pills?

We no know...let them simplify everything for us o
Re: Corona Virus Has No Vaccine, How Come Infected People Are Turning Negative? by Nobody: 1:02pm On Mar 27, 2020
teadrake:
The virus is self limiting if you have a strong immunity. And once you've tested negative, you're likely not to have it again even if you're exposed to it again (except it's a new strain)

Wrong, there are incidents of positive persons who recovered from the virus later on tested positive a second time after exposure to public

What we don't know for sure is if the test that declared them negative was accurate or not.
Re: Corona Virus Has No Vaccine, How Come Infected People Are Turning Negative? by ChybuzzDD(m): 1:21pm On Mar 27, 2020
Olodo24:

I may be ignorant of how this medical system works, so I'd like to be educated by experts on this platform. Brief me

Yes, there's no cure yet for the coronavirus, just like most other viruses you know: measles virus, herpes simplex virus, influenza virus, rotavirus, hiv, etc.
The patient's immune cells, which usually act like the soldiers of the body, fight against the virus, and in some or most cases, are able to conquer them, and the person recovers.
However, these immune cells may be insufficient or easily overwhelmed/overpowered in some people, predisposing them to the complications arising from the effects of the virus.
For this covid-19, the complication responsible for most deaths is respiratory failure from adult respiratory distress syndrome, and this doesn't occur in everyone.
Only the few who have complications die.
In a nutshell, the treatment being given to the infected patients are simply supportive treatment, while the patient's immune cells do the actual fighting.

7 Likes

Re: Corona Virus Has No Vaccine, How Come Infected People Are Turning Negative? by Olodo24: 1:22pm On Mar 27, 2020
Ekejoestar:

Thanks. I just wanted a low-key name.
Re: Corona Virus Has No Vaccine, How Come Infected People Are Turning Negative? by Ekejoestar(m): 1:33pm On Mar 27, 2020
knowhowk:
So you mean all those that were tested positive before were not given any Medications ,They just slept ,wake up and there immune system cured them right ?
YES, THESE PEOPLE ARE CLASSIFIED AS MILD CASES, AND IN MOST OCCASIONS THEY DONT REQUIRE MEDICATION, JUST ISOLATION AND ENOUGH REST THEN THEIR BODY(IMMUNE SYSTEM) WILL DO THE REST.
NB:YOU MAY BE POSITIVE WITH THE VIRUS AND BE INFECTIOUS AT THE SAME TIME BUT WONT SHOW SYMPTONS.
Re: Corona Virus Has No Vaccine, How Come Infected People Are Turning Negative? by ksmart027(m): 1:34pm On Mar 27, 2020
Olodo24:

The virus has many symptoms, from fever, coughing, pneumonia, short of breath etc. So when a patient is been treated, the start with the symptoms which the patient is showing at the particular time. For instance, if a patient with the virus start showing symptoms of cough, he will be given treatment which will eliminate the cough, if patient show symptoms of fever, he will be treated for fever and so on. The immune system also plays important role, the stronger the immune system, the quicker the patient recover. People with strong immune system might just have mild symptoms like cough and fever before the recover, while people with weak immune system procced to having pneumonia, weak muscle, short of breath and lungs failure. So it is advisable if you smoke or drink, you better stop so that your immune system can help you fight the virus incase you are infected.
Nb people who usually die from the diaease are older ones because the have weaker immune system or people who have health challenges. I hope these help.

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

I Need Review On Lafia Hospital Apata And The Vine Hospital Oluyole / Apple Cider Vinegar Will Not Help You Lose Weight. / Covid-19: 10 African Countries With The Highest & Lowest Cases (screenshots)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.