Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,839 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:54 PM

Do You Know That Out Of Five Adverts Air By CNN Four Is From Nigeria. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Do You Know That Out Of Five Adverts Air By CNN Four Is From Nigeria. (10122 Views)

Peter Obi Currently Leading In Presidential Pool Conducted By CNN Nigeria / Peter Obi And Datti Ahmed To Be Hosted By CNN / Aisha Yesufu Interviewed By CNN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Know That Out Of Five Adverts Air By CNN Four Is From Nigeria. by Christianokaro(m): 6:59pm On Mar 27, 2020
Odingo1:

Not true, you only achieve this through internet broadcast. Adverts on CNN is the same all over the world irrespective of where you are watching from.
You think I said what I said as a mere Television viewer?
Okay then, believe what you choose but I think you should go do your research
Re: Do You Know That Out Of Five Adverts Air By CNN Four Is From Nigeria. by franchasng: 7:03pm On Mar 27, 2020
obaaderemi:
CNN has different markets. The adverts you see are based on the region you are watching CNN from. If you are in South Africa, you will see mainly adverts of South African companies.
why are you people talking nonsense The op is right.

CNN is CNN anywhere in the world! BBC is BBC anywhere in the world. It is not like internet advert that you can do targeting. It is only DSTV that can do advert targeting based on countries not CNN.

Whenever I am in Nigeria watching CNN or BBC, I see South African company adverts, especially their car insurance, and other insurance ads, does it mean I am in South Africa

Also ring advert that is not sold in Nigeria and I see it when watching CNN from Nigeria, does it mean I live in the US or UK

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do You Know That Out Of Five Adverts Air By CNN Four Is From Nigeria. by dignity33: 7:06pm On Mar 27, 2020
Christianokaro:

oga you don't know what you are talking even bode George have said this before . https://www.nairaland.com/5464665/cnn-adverts-fg-must-punis
Re: Do You Know That Out Of Five Adverts Air By CNN Four Is From Nigeria. by franchasng: 7:07pm On Mar 27, 2020
Christianokaro:

The guy you quoted is correct, you can only do ad geo-targeting when advertising online.

Only the satellite TV broadcaster like DSTV can do ad geo-targeting, CNN is CNN all over the world. BBC is BBC all over the world with different programmes and editions to cover programmes for specific regions but broadcast to all their country of coverage at the same time, except few countries like Korea, etc that blocked CNN international.....they have their own local CNN which is monitored by the government because they don't want their citizens to be watching all the war war and terrorism news from Middle-East and the rest of war torn countries.

The only targeting you can do on TV is PPV

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Know That Out Of Five Adverts Air By CNN Four Is From Nigeria. by dignity33: 7:10pm On Mar 27, 2020
franchasng:
why are you people talking nonsense The op is right.

CNN is CNN anywhere in the world! BBC is BBC anywhere in the world. It is not like internet advert that you can do targeting. It is only DSTV that can do advert targeting based on countries not CNN.

Whenever I am in Nigeria watching CNN or BBC, I see South African company adverts, especially their car insurance, and other insurance ads, does it mean I am in South Africa

Also ring advert that is not sold in Nigeria and I see it when watching CNN from Nigeria, does it mean I live in the US or UK

I'm not surprised for people saying CNN Nigeria that is how they voted a failure as president.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do You Know That Out Of Five Adverts Air By CNN Four Is From Nigeria. by HundHunter(m): 7:10pm On Mar 27, 2020
wwwihy:

No ... because, you are watching it from Nigeria... Similar things in other Countries... Advertising is Country Focus.. CNN Nigeria
Y

You are internationally well informed.
Re: Do You Know That Out Of Five Adverts Air By CNN Four Is From Nigeria. by JuicyProstitute: 7:13pm On Mar 27, 2020
Nigeria is not yet a country if not those companies are supposed to be in big soup. The funny thing is, these companies pay their workers peanut but you see them spend so much money on advert.

Bode George complained about this abnormally last year but some idiots were abusing him. SMH for this country

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Know That Out Of Five Adverts Air By CNN Four Is From Nigeria. by dignity33: 7:15pm On Mar 27, 2020
JuicyProstitute:
Nigeria is not yet a country if not those companies are supposed to be in big soup. The funny thing is, these companies pay their workers peanut but you see them spend so much money on advert.

Bode George complained about this abnormally last year but some idiots were abusing him. SMH for this country
thank you

1 Like

Re: Do You Know That Out Of Five Adverts Air By CNN Four Is From Nigeria. by franchasng: 7:18pm On Mar 27, 2020
JuicyProstitute:

the major issue with Nigeria is many Nigerians are mad but they don't even know. Even as the op is correcting them, they are stuck in their ignorance talking nonsense that it's CNN NIGERIA, AND that the adverts are seen only in Nigeria, and their relaxer and covik 1-9 filled brain could not tell them that if the companies wanted to reach only people in Nigeria, why then would they bother to spend thousands of $$ advertising on CNN an international news channel with global audience and reach Wouldn't have been better and cheaper for the companies to advertise on local Nigerian channels like Channels TV, AIT, etc

7 Likes

Re: Do You Know That Out Of Five Adverts Air By CNN Four Is From Nigeria. by JuicyProstitute: 7:21pm On Mar 27, 2020
franchasng:
the major issue with Nigeria is many Nigerians are mad but they don't even know. Even as the op is correcting them, they are stuck in their ignorance talking nonsense that it's CNN NIGERIA, AND that the adverts are seen only in Nigeria, and their relaxer and covik 1-9 filled brain could not tell them that if the companies wanted to reach only people in Nigeria, why then would they bother to spend thousands of $$ advertising on CNN an international news channel with global audience and reach Wouldn't have been better and cheaper for the companies to advertise on local Nigerian channels like Channels TV, AIT, etc

The rate of ignorance in this country is alarming. CNN Nigeria kor, CONVIK 1-9 Africa ni

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Know That Out Of Five Adverts Air By CNN Four Is From Nigeria. by dignity33: 7:22pm On Mar 27, 2020
JuicyProstitute:

The rate of ignorance in this country is alarming. CNN Nigeria kor, CONVIK 1-9 Africa ni
They think CNN is MTN Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Do You Know That Out Of Five Adverts Air By CNN Four Is From Nigeria. by edoairways: 7:35pm On Mar 27, 2020
JuicyProstitute:

Yeah Bode George said the same thing last year
Re: Do You Know That Out Of Five Adverts Air By CNN Four Is From Nigeria. by Lordswazz(m): 7:37pm On Mar 27, 2020
The O.P. is right! CNN has only one english International channel that serves the entire globe. They have local channels that serve the American market, which is their home market, but just one International channel, and that's where these Nigerian companies go to waste their money in the name of "buying international credibility and acclaim."
If you're in Europe, except they have a language version different from english in your country, it's the same CNN we watch in Nigeria that you watch as well.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Know That Out Of Five Adverts Air By CNN Four Is From Nigeria. by Kelvinpam(m): 7:49pm On Mar 27, 2020
Actually they are two kinds of CNN. One could be referred to as CNN and there is another called CNN international. The former offers special programmes aired only in the United states. For CNN international, MOST programmes are aired worldwide including adverts. There is nothing like CNN Nigeria as I also see glo, dangote and zenith bank adverts on CNNi in European satellite cables.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Know That Out Of Five Adverts Air By CNN Four Is From Nigeria. by Kelvinpam(m): 7:51pm On Mar 27, 2020
Lordswazz:
The O.P. is right! CNN has only one english International channel that serves the entire globe. They have local channels that serve the American market, which is their home market, but just one International channel, and that's where these Nigerian companies go to waste their money in the name of "buying international credibility and acclaim."
If you're in Europe, except they have a language version different from english in your country, it's the same CNN we watch in Nigeria that you watch as well.

Wooh you just read my mind exactly as I typed mine.
Re: Do You Know That Out Of Five Adverts Air By CNN Four Is From Nigeria. by wirinet(m): 7:53pm On Mar 27, 2020
chozzy:

OP, they advertise to attract foreign investors.

Gbam.
The target audience is obviously not you and me.
They want to attract oyimbo portfolio investors to came and buy their stocks. You will notice that all these these companies are quoted on the the Nigerian Stock Exchange.
Re: Do You Know That Out Of Five Adverts Air By CNN Four Is From Nigeria. by Nobody: 8:03pm On Mar 27, 2020
dignity33:
have you being in South Africa bro don't talk what you don't know i Ilve in south africa for five years ( 2010-2015) before relocating to Europe, I never see south africa companies doing advert in CNN like Nigeria the only companies I knew is standard bank and MTN and is not all the time like Nigeria companies.

Na aba you dey.
Re: Do You Know That Out Of Five Adverts Air By CNN Four Is From Nigeria. by dignity33: 8:09pm On Mar 27, 2020
Atiku:

Na aba you dey.
even if I live in Aba those who live there are human. Please chill I'm not boosting type.
Re: Do You Know That Out Of Five Adverts Air By CNN Four Is From Nigeria. by Nobody: 8:16pm On Mar 27, 2020
dignity33:
even if I live in Aba those who live there are human. Please chill I'm not boosting type.

What box or decoder did you use in SA and now in eulope?
Re: Do You Know That Out Of Five Adverts Air By CNN Four Is From Nigeria. by Nickisindigo(m): 8:21pm On Mar 27, 2020
Make Spain, italy and Germany sha relax their migration rules after covid 19
Re: Do You Know That Out Of Five Adverts Air By CNN Four Is From Nigeria. by franchasng: 8:22pm On Mar 27, 2020
Atiku:

What box or decoder did you use in SA and now in europe?
hahahahahahahaha grin
Re: Do You Know That Out Of Five Adverts Air By CNN Four Is From Nigeria. by dignity33: 8:44pm On Mar 27, 2020
Atiku:

What box or decoder did you use in SA and now in europe?
frauenfeld in Switzerland we don't have decorder, houses are connected and only what you need is television and pay 25 Switzerland franc every month and as for south africa IS20 from multichioce
Re: Do You Know That Out Of Five Adverts Air By CNN Four Is From Nigeria. by Obrigardo: 8:45pm On Mar 27, 2020
dignity33:
I have being watching CNN but what baffles me about Nigeria companies is the level of advertisement they spend there money on CNN, if you don't know Nigeria you will think they're richest country in the world even the USA that own CNN never have there companies advertising products on CNN.

I know some will say that you can air your product on any television you wish anywhere in the world but my question is why spending big to air your product on television channel from a country who can not even allowed your product in there country . Do you know that money this companies spend on useless advert In CNN a year can sponsor a league cup in Nigeria professional league. In south africa all the major banks sponsors there local league cup every year but you can never see them advertising on CNN. There is Absa cup, FNB CUP, NEDBANK Cup and do you know that ABSA BANK can buy two of Zenith bank. Nigeria why are we like this, are we corse with bad leaders that lack reform and good agenda for this country.

Zenith, Airtel, Dangote, Glo, UBA, Access bank e.t.c they are guilty of this Nigeria need reform on this.

There are many levels of ignorance and this one of them, no offense
Re: Do You Know That Out Of Five Adverts Air By CNN Four Is From Nigeria. by Obrigardo: 8:47pm On Mar 27, 2020
dignity33:
have you being in South Africa bro don't talk what you don't know i Ilve in south africa for five years ( 2010-2015) before relocating to Europe, I never see south africa companies doing advert in CNN like Nigeria the only companies I knew is standard bank and MTN and is not all the time like Nigeria companies.

How can someone lie so boldly, no pun intended
Re: Do You Know That Out Of Five Adverts Air By CNN Four Is From Nigeria. by Obrigardo: 8:50pm On Mar 27, 2020
Odingo1:

Not true, you only achieve this through internet broadcast. Adverts on CNN is the same all over the world irrespective of where you are watching from.

Lies
So UBA Nigeria bank Advert will show in CNN philippines which is an actual whole company catering to Filipino content. What you get from online lies is beyond me, or do you use to soothe your ego?Which is rather silly on a forum no one knows who you are

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Know That Out Of Five Adverts Air By CNN Four Is From Nigeria. by dignity33: 8:52pm On Mar 27, 2020
Obrigardo:

There are many levels of ignorance and this one of them, no offense
thank you but I should have know the Area which I'm ignorant off. Because if you among those who claimed CNN have Nigeria one can you please go search CNN Wikipedia I'm sure you will find CNN Nigeria there before you start insulting me.
Re: Do You Know That Out Of Five Adverts Air By CNN Four Is From Nigeria. by Obrigardo: 8:54pm On Mar 27, 2020
dignity33:
thank you but I should have know the Area which I'm ignorant off. Because if you among those who claimed CNN have Nigeria one can you please go search CNN Wikipedia I'm sure you will find CNN Nigeria there before you start insulting me.

This is not an insult just a complement on your stage of knowledge. Really it's not an insult. Now you know you are no longer ignorant.

1 Like

Re: Do You Know That Out Of Five Adverts Air By CNN Four Is From Nigeria. by dignity33: 8:56pm On Mar 27, 2020
Obrigardo:

How can someone lie so boldly, no pun intended
I'm not your type that talk what he knows nothing about be specific.
Re: Do You Know That Out Of Five Adverts Air By CNN Four Is From Nigeria. by dignity33: 9:00pm On Mar 27, 2020
Obrigardo:

This is not an insult just a complement on your stage of knowledge. Really it's not an insult. Now you know you are no longer ignorant.
try make a research before insulting someone don't here and say from bear parlour joint like many people in Nigeria.
Re: Do You Know That Out Of Five Adverts Air By CNN Four Is From Nigeria. by ussv: 9:01pm On Mar 27, 2020
I don't think that is true. It depends on the region or area you are watching from and the network. For instance, for smaller broadcasters that hook up to their signal(e.g DSTV), there is room for local growth through advertisement of local product. For instance, if you are watching CNN from Nigeria, you will not see a walmart advert because walmart is not in Nigeria. Likewise if you are watching CNN from America.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Know That Out Of Five Adverts Air By CNN Four Is From Nigeria. by dignity33: 9:08pm On Mar 27, 2020
ussv:
I don't think that is true. It depends on the region or area you are watching from and the network. For instance, for smaller broadcasters that hook up to their signal(e.g DSTV), there is room for local growth through advertisement of local product. For instance, if you are watching CNN from Nigeria, you will not see a walmart advert because walmart is not in Nigeria. Likewise if you are watching CNN from America.
CNN have CNN America which is local and CNN international which air all over globe in English except for countries that have different language. Most walmart advert are only air by Cnn America but any advert put on CNN international are aired all over the world that is what I'm talking about nothing like Nigeria CNN.

6 Likes

Re: Do You Know That Out Of Five Adverts Air By CNN Four Is From Nigeria. by YoungBlackRico(m): 9:12pm On Mar 27, 2020
dignity33:
is Nigeria companies the only companies in the world that is targeting something?
See Olodo grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Sha’aban Sharada Asks Court To Disqualify Nasiru Gawuna As APC Guber Candidate / Oil Theft Figures Are Outrageous & Unrealistic - Navy / We’ll Work For PDP In Oyo — Akinjide Group Disowns Makinde’s Support Of Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.