Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,492 members, 7,830,484 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:17 PM

Do You Know That Out Of Five Adverts Air By CNN Four Is From Nigeria. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Do You Know That Out Of Five Adverts Air By CNN Four Is From Nigeria. (10155 Views)

Peter Obi Currently Leading In Presidential Pool Conducted By CNN Nigeria / Peter Obi And Datti Ahmed To Be Hosted By CNN / Aisha Yesufu Interviewed By CNN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Know That Out Of Five Adverts Air By CNN Four Is From Nigeria. by dignity33: 5:04pm On Mar 27, 2020
I have being watching CNN but what baffles me about Nigeria companies is the level of advertisement they spend there money on CNN, if you don't know Nigeria you will think they're richest country in the world even the USA that own CNN never have there companies advertising products on CNN.

I know some will say that you can air your product on any television you wish anywhere in the world but my question is why spending big to air your product on television channel from a country who can not even allowed your product in there country . Do you know that money this companies spend on useless advert In CNN a year can sponsor a league cup in Nigeria professional league. In south africa all the major banks sponsors there local league cup every year but you can never see them advertising on CNN. There is Absa cup, FNB CUP, NEDBANK Cup and do you know that ABSA BANK can buy two of Zenith bank. Nigeria why are we like this, are we corse with bad leaders that lack reform and good agenda for this country.

Zenith, Airtel, Dangote, Glo, UBA, Access bank e.t.c they are guilty of this Nigeria need reform on this.

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Do You Know That Out Of Five Adverts Air By CNN Four Is From Nigeria. by healthserve(m): 5:07pm On Mar 27, 2020
It's the I Don arrive syndrome. Trying to buy legitimacy rather than build it up. You know we have a perchance for trying to cut corners to get to top. It's one of those schemes albeit legitimate corner cutting. Tell me why Dangote UBA Zenith needs to be on CNN ever other minute of the day

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Do You Know That Out Of Five Adverts Air By CNN Four Is From Nigeria. by wwwihy: 5:11pm On Mar 27, 2020
dignity33:
I have being watching CNN but what baffles me about Nigeria companies is the level of advertisement they spend there money on CNN, if you don't know Nigeria you will think they're richest country in the world even the USA that own CNN never have there companies advertising products on CNN.

I know some will say that you can air your product on any television you wish anywhere in the world but my question is why spending big to air your product on television channel from a country who can not even allowed your product in there country . Do you know that money this companies spend on useless advert In CNN a year can sponsor a league cup in Nigeria professional league. In south africa all the major banks sponsors there local league cup every year but you can never see them advertising on CNN. There is Absa cup, FNB CUP, NEDBANK Cup and do you know that ABSA BANK can buy two of Zenith bank. Nigeria why are we like this, are we corse with bad leaders that lack reform and good agenda for this country.

Zenith, Airtel, Dangote, Glo, UBA, Access bank e.t.c they are guilty of this Nigeria need reform on this.

No ... because, you are watching it from Nigeria... Similar things in other Countries... Advertising is Country Focus.. CNN Nigeria

102 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Do You Know That Out Of Five Adverts Air By CNN Four Is From Nigeria. by dignity33: 5:12pm On Mar 27, 2020
This is too bad for Nigeria.
Re: Do You Know That Out Of Five Adverts Air By CNN Four Is From Nigeria. by viccipedia: 5:12pm On Mar 27, 2020
You’re watching cnn Nigeria...

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Know That Out Of Five Adverts Air By CNN Four Is From Nigeria. by dignity33: 5:13pm On Mar 27, 2020
wwwihy:

No ... because, you are watching it from Nigeria... Similar things in other Countries... Advertising is Country Focus
lie I'm not watching it in Nigeria, I'm in Europe.

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do You Know That Out Of Five Adverts Air By CNN Four Is From Nigeria. by chatinent: 5:14pm On Mar 27, 2020
Nigeria hates to sponsor its own.
Re: Do You Know That Out Of Five Adverts Air By CNN Four Is From Nigeria. by wwwihy: 5:16pm On Mar 27, 2020
dignity33:

Where in Europe...? I will search for your location

7 Likes

Re: Do You Know That Out Of Five Adverts Air By CNN Four Is From Nigeria. by nnatobryno(m): 5:17pm On Mar 27, 2020
dignity33:

No be only Europe, foolish you, listen and learn

12 Likes

Re: Do You Know That Out Of Five Adverts Air By CNN Four Is From Nigeria. by dignity33: 5:19pm On Mar 27, 2020
viccipedia:
You’re watching cnn Nigeria...
stop that lie nothing like Nigeria CNN the only thing you have is inside Africa sponsored by Zenith bank and African voices sponsored by Glo and it air all over the world.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Know That Out Of Five Adverts Air By CNN Four Is From Nigeria. by viccipedia: 5:21pm On Mar 27, 2020
dignity33:
stop that lie nothing like Nigeria CNN the only thing you have is inside Africa sponsored by Zenith bank and African voices sponsored by Glo and it air all over the world.
I still disagree. Everything about advertising is targeted.

15 Likes

Re: Do You Know That Out Of Five Adverts Air By CNN Four Is From Nigeria. by dignity33: 5:21pm On Mar 27, 2020
nnatobryno:

No be only Europe, foolish you, listen and learn

I'm not here to fight over nothing if you have a problem pls deal with it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Know That Out Of Five Adverts Air By CNN Four Is From Nigeria. by Kalapizim(m): 5:21pm On Mar 27, 2020
Aren't you seeing it ? That's the purpose of the advert on the first place.
CNN has the reach to be considered buy media buyers .
Re: Do You Know That Out Of Five Adverts Air By CNN Four Is From Nigeria. by obaaderemi: 5:22pm On Mar 27, 2020
CNN has different markets. The adverts you see are based on the region you are watching CNN from. If you are in South Africa, you will see mainly adverts of South African companies.

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Know That Out Of Five Adverts Air By CNN Four Is From Nigeria. by wwwihy: 5:23pm On Mar 27, 2020
dignity33:
How many are buying Dangote products in Europe? Zero

11 Likes

Re: Do You Know That Out Of Five Adverts Air By CNN Four Is From Nigeria. by dignity33: 5:23pm On Mar 27, 2020
viccipedia:
I still disagree. Everything about advertising is targeted.
is Nigeria companies the only companies in the world that is targeting something?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do You Know That Out Of Five Adverts Air By CNN Four Is From Nigeria. by wwwihy: 5:24pm On Mar 27, 2020
obaaderemi:
CNN has different markets. The adverts you see are based on the region you are watching CNN from. If you are in South Africa, you will see mainly adverts of South African companies.

Leave the European man in Onitsha

22 Likes

Re: Do You Know That Out Of Five Adverts Air By CNN Four Is From Nigeria. by GamalNasser: 5:24pm On Mar 27, 2020
Oga it's because you are watching it from Nigeria

6 Likes

Re: Do You Know That Out Of Five Adverts Air By CNN Four Is From Nigeria. by cleanclean(m): 5:28pm On Mar 27, 2020
Companies in Nigeria under staffed, and the available staff are underpaid. That is why the owners make excess money that leads to such expensive spending.
Re: Do You Know That Out Of Five Adverts Air By CNN Four Is From Nigeria. by dignity33: 5:30pm On Mar 27, 2020
obaaderemi:
have you being in South Africa bro don't talk what you don't know i Ilve in south africa for five years ( 2010-2015) before relocating to Europe, I never see south africa companies doing advert in CNN like Nigeria the only companies I knew is standard bank and MTN and is not all the time like Nigeria companies.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Know That Out Of Five Adverts Air By CNN Four Is From Nigeria. by dignity33: 5:31pm On Mar 27, 2020
GamalNasser:
Oga it's because you are watching it from Nigeria
Nothing like CNN Nigeria bro who do you guys this?

5 Likes

Re: Do You Know That Out Of Five Adverts Air By CNN Four Is From Nigeria. by jumobi1(m): 5:35pm On Mar 27, 2020
dignity33:

Are you using a cable provider or IPTV/fire stick?
Re: Do You Know That Out Of Five Adverts Air By CNN Four Is From Nigeria. by scoundrel(f): 5:36pm On Mar 27, 2020
Random fact if you travel to the United States:
Do You Know That Out Of Five Adverts Aired By CNN, Five Are From The United States?

It is the region we are in. In London it wasn’t so. In Europe the CNN broadcast shows only European commercials, and so on. Nigerian companies have a lot of money and know serious minded business individuals watch CNN. It is only normal for them to advertize to the best potential customers.

8 Likes

Re: Do You Know That Out Of Five Adverts Air By CNN Four Is From Nigeria. by viccipedia: 5:36pm On Mar 27, 2020
dignity33:
is Nigeria companies the only companies in the world that is targeting something?
how relevant is a Zenith bank advert to a European or American audience?

3 Likes

Re: Do You Know That Out Of Five Adverts Air By CNN Four Is From Nigeria. by scoundrel(f): 5:38pm On Mar 27, 2020
dignity33:
When you start trolling like this your entries begin to lose meaning. If you’re in London you may see a Zenith or Dangote advert or two. Anywhere else not in Africa means you won’t see Nigerian companies.

6 Likes

Re: Do You Know That Out Of Five Adverts Air By CNN Four Is From Nigeria. by dignity33: 5:39pm On Mar 27, 2020
viccipedia:
pls educate me.
Re: Do You Know That Out Of Five Adverts Air By CNN Four Is From Nigeria. by scoundrel(f): 5:39pm On Mar 27, 2020
viccipedia:
In London Zenith is considered by Nigerians for sending money home/receiving money. In America there is no such thing as Zenith Bank.

5 Likes

Re: Do You Know That Out Of Five Adverts Air By CNN Four Is From Nigeria. by emeijeh(m): 5:44pm On Mar 27, 2020
dignity33:
Where in Europe?
Country?
City?

1 Like

Re: Do You Know That Out Of Five Adverts Air By CNN Four Is From Nigeria. by viccipedia: 5:45pm On Mar 27, 2020
scoundrel:

In London Zenith is considered by Nigerians for sending money home/ receiving money. In America there is no such thing as Zenith Bank.
so Zenith bank has offices in UK?
Re: Do You Know That Out Of Five Adverts Air By CNN Four Is From Nigeria. by Odingo1: 5:46pm On Mar 27, 2020
I live in Europe, Germany to be precise. What op said is true, I use to observe that anytime I tune to CNN. I have never see any European big companies advertising frequently on CNN.

Nigeria companies dominate CNN adverts.

Good observation from the op though.

26 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Do You Know That Out Of Five Adverts Air By CNN Four Is From Nigeria. by GamalNasser: 5:46pm On Mar 27, 2020
dignity33:
Nothing like CNN Nigeria bro who do you guys this?

They target their ads man trust me

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

20 Facts & Predictions About Gen. Buhari That Is Hidden Before The Entire World / Is This True About The Gala Sausage Roll?? A Must See!! Pics Included / Why Are Yorubas Ready To Take Anything...just For One Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.