Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,419 members, 7,819,513 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:25 PM

Curfew May Be Imposed On Lagos State Says Sanwo-Olu - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Curfew May Be Imposed On Lagos State Says Sanwo-Olu (57921 Views)

Dr. Mahmud Raji To Be Imposed As CMD Of National Hospital - DAILY NIGERIAN / MC Oluomo Distances Self From N500 Tinubu Stickers Imposed On Tricycles / Osun 2022: Adeleke's Campaign Team Says Sanwo-Olu Will End Up Like Oyetola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Curfew May Be Imposed On Lagos State Says Sanwo-Olu by 9jaRealist: 11:39pm On Mar 27, 2020
Eko oni Baje!

BUT WHAT EXACTLY WILL A CURFEW ACHIEVE?
Is COVID-19 only transmitted during certain hours of the day or night?!

>
Re: Curfew May Be Imposed On Lagos State Says Sanwo-Olu by teniolav: 11:43pm On Mar 27, 2020
uptimum123:

https://punchng.com/breaking-shutdown-of-lagos-imminent-says-sanwo-olu/
Let the government make a provisions concerning our wellbeing at home. They should think about the peoples pocket as well . We don't know when this virus will stop till further notice.
Re: Curfew May Be Imposed On Lagos State Says Sanwo-Olu by Excuzeme: 11:44pm On Mar 27, 2020
rusher14:

You mean an American flight came into Nigeria to evacuate its citizens and this makes you angry?

You are utterly shameless.

Shut Up and stop calling A Spade, A Spoon!
Which american citizens are you talking about? Say only what you have knowledge of.

The Flight that was cleared to fly to the UK, under the guys of carrying "EXPETRIATES", waas carrying Buhari and Abba Kyari to the UK, not even America, for better treatment of their own Covid-19 infection while lying and hiding the information from Nigerians.

We dare Buhari to do a Video Address to Nigerians, wherever he claims he is at this moment, with proof of Location.

Fake people.

Re: Curfew May Be Imposed On Lagos State Says Sanwo-Olu by Excuzeme: 11:46pm On Mar 27, 2020
9jaRealist:
Eko oni Baje!

BUT WHAT EXACTLY WILL A CURFEW ACHIEVE?
Is COVID-19 only transmitted during certain hours of the day or night?!

>

Brilliant Question!
What we need is a Nation-wide, Complete Shutdown (without any exceptions for Politicians and Big Men) for at least 14days, to allow all possible cases to be full blown and quarrantined for treatment.
That is the only way to slowdown this Virus but our inept and selfish leaders are too clueless to appreciate the enornmity of these problem , until we hit the Italian or Spanish level.
Re: Curfew May Be Imposed On Lagos State Says Sanwo-Olu by rusher14: 11:54pm On Mar 27, 2020
Excuzeme:

Shut Up and stop calling A Spade, A Spoon!
Which american citizens are you talking about? Say only what you have knowledge of.

The Flight that was cleared to fly to the UK, under the guys of carrying "EXPETRIATES", waas carrying Buhari and Abba Kyari to the UK, not even America, for better treatment of their own Covid-19 infection while lying and hiding the information from Nigerians.

We dare Buhari to do a Video Address to Nigerians, wherever he claims he is at this moment, with proof of Location.

Fake people.

But you guys claimed he was already abroad 5 days ago.

Can't you stick to one story?
Re: Curfew May Be Imposed On Lagos State Says Sanwo-Olu by 9jaRealist: 12:00am On Mar 28, 2020
Jaqenhghar:
Una never see anything. All this curfew is a way to draw attention form the fact that the Nigger government has not taken any practical measure to actively tackle this shìt. This lockdown is done with hopes that the virus will blow away soon. I say they are just punishing people unecessaary for tgeir failings.

As I wrote here on NL a few days ago (based on the medical evidence thus far)...
COVID-19 is a coronavirus (like the flu), with a less than 2-week span, and has shown an over 80% survival rate, and many cases asymptomatic.

Accordingly, the greatest danger of COVID-19 thus far is its rapid rate of transmission, which left unchecked will inevitably overwhelm the healthcare system by sheer numbers (as we have already seen in several other places). The best way to combat such a surge is to break/slow the transmission chain social isolation and distancing. Done assiduously, this would flatten the curve of infection and afford the healthcare system the respite to deal with the sick in much the same manner that it deals with other coronaviruses (such as the flu).

This is NOT going to be a case of "government this, politicians that"...
This time EVERYONE has a role to play, and our COLLECTIVE conduct will determine COVID-19's impact on Nigeria! Good luck to us all!
>

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Curfew May Be Imposed On Lagos State Says Sanwo-Olu by Excuzeme: 12:08am On Mar 28, 2020
rusher14:

But you guys claimed he was already abroad 5 days ago.

Can't you stick to one story?

Which "you guys" are you talking about? Did they offer you nay proof?
I warned you to stop listening to your Village Radio station.
Read the Attachment to my first post and see for yourself or cant you read nii?
Re: Curfew May Be Imposed On Lagos State Says Sanwo-Olu by uuzba(m): 12:08am On Mar 28, 2020
AFONJAboiy:
Wetin b curfew?
Curfew is a mandatory stay at home order.
BY FORCE
Otherwise, police catch you, beat you seriously, lock you in prison and fine you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Curfew May Be Imposed On Lagos State Says Sanwo-Olu by idealogical: 12:11am On Mar 28, 2020
What he should have done like yesterday. I just don't know why leaders waste valuable time and still end up doing what they should have done.
Re: Curfew May Be Imposed On Lagos State Says Sanwo-Olu by rusher14: 12:15am On Mar 28, 2020
Excuzeme:

Which "you guys" are you talking about? Did they offer you nay proof?
I warned you to stop listening to your Village Radio station.
Read the Attachment to my first post and see for yourself or cant you read nii?

No, I can't read.

Read it for me.
Re: Curfew May Be Imposed On Lagos State Says Sanwo-Olu by lexy2014: 12:23am On Mar 28, 2020
highbeekeys:
This man has been very active. Kudos to him.
I'm only bothered by the ignorance shown by lots of lagosians concerning this pandemic.

There's a difference between activity and productivity. U can be active with nothing to show for it. D govt was negligent and nonchalant from d start. Don't expect d people to do any better
Re: Curfew May Be Imposed On Lagos State Says Sanwo-Olu by lexy2014: 12:29am On Mar 28, 2020
9jaRealist:

As I wrote here on NL a few days ago (based on the medical evidence thus far)...
COVID-19 is a coronavirus (like the flu), with a less than 2-week span, and has shown an over 80% survival rate, and many cases asymptomatic.

Accordingly, the greatest danger of COVID-19 thus far is its rapid rate of transmission, which left unchecked will inevitably overwhelm the healthcare system by sheer numbers (as we have already seen in several other places). The best way to combat such a surge is to break/slow the transmission chain social isolation and distancing. Done assiduously, this would flatten the curve of infection and afford the healthcare system the respite to deal with the sick in much the same manner that it deals with other coronaviruses (such as the flu).

This time EVERYONE has a role to play, and our COLLECTIVE conduct will determine COVID-19's impact on Nigeria! Good luck to us all!
>

It is actually a case of "government this, politician that" because at this stage, control will be very very difficult. D govt at both federal and state were busy dilly dallying in their usual incompetence, nonchalance & nepotism and allowed several people stroll into d country with d virus. They had no strategy to combat it despite d fact that unlike many countries in Europe, we had d advantage of time. People shouted and screamed that d airports be closed same way d borders were closed to rice& chicken but alas, nothing was done. From d first case from Italy & a few others from UK and with what we were seeing in other countries, it shouldn't have taken d govt much to sit down& get to work. When d dragon was just an egg, they didnt destroy it. Now they want to cut off d head of d dragon after it has hatched & grown
Re: Curfew May Be Imposed On Lagos State Says Sanwo-Olu by 9jaRealist: 12:50am On Mar 28, 2020
lexy2014:
It is actually a case of "government this, politician that" because at this stage, control will be very very difficult. D govt at both federal and state were busy dilly dallying in their usual incompetence, nonchalance & nepotism and allowed several people stroll into d country with d virus. They had no strategy to combat it despite d fact that unlike many countries in Europe, we had d advantage of time. People shouted and screamed that d airports be closed same way d borders were closed to rice& chicken but alas, nothing was done. From d first case from Italy & a few others from UK and with what we were seeing in other countries, it shouldn't have taken d govt much to sit down& get to work. When d dragon was just an egg, they didnt destroy it. Now they want to cut off d head of d dragon after it has hatched & grown

Are those countries that closed the borders before Nigeria doing any better?

Whether or not closing the airports would have resulted in fewer imported cases, without isolation and distancing the virus will still spread...
Conversely, if we largely socially isolate and distance, regardless of the number of infections, we would successfully flatten the infection curve.

The reality of this NEW novel coronavirus is that EVERY nation on earth was caught off-guard and is/was making it up as they go along...
But NO nation has/will successfully combat this scourge without CITIZEN action. Thus, what ALL NIGERIANS (or residents) do will be decisive.
>
Re: Curfew May Be Imposed On Lagos State Says Sanwo-Olu by PropertyBuying(f): 1:12am On Mar 28, 2020
teniolav:
Let the government make a provisions concerning our wellbeing at home. They should think about the peoples pocket as well . We don't know when this virus will stop till further notice.
Things will get tougher with the daily increase in the Corona and thr curfew being introduced!
Re: Curfew May Be Imposed On Lagos State Says Sanwo-Olu by lexy2014: 1:18am On Mar 28, 2020
9jaRealist:

Are those countries that closed the borders before Nigeria doing any better?

Whether or not closing the airports would have resulted in fewer imported cases, without isolation and distancing the virus will still spread...
Conversely, if we largely socially isolate and distance, regardless of the number of infections, we would successfully flatten the infection curve.

The reality of this NEW novel coronavirus is that EVERY nation on earth was caught off-guard and is/was making it up as they go along...
But NO nation has/will successfully combat this scourge without CITIZEN action. Thus, what ALL NIGERIANS (or residents) do will be decisive.
>

Which countries closed their airspace (I didn't say borders) b4 Nigeria and at what point did they decide to close their airspace?

According to u "Whether or not closing the airports would have resulted in fewer imported cases, without isolation and distancing the virus will still spread...".

U doubt d efficacy in closing airports but u strongly believe that "social distancing" will be more effective. I wonder what happened to prevention is better than cure. U can do social distancing 4d whole year. If u don't deal with source, all d effort will be in vain. That is why d numbers are going up.

9jaRealist:

>

Nigeria had ample time to prepare. Nigeria wasn't taken unawares. D govt of Nigeria wasn't proactive. That's d reality on ground. As at February 27 when Nigeria had its first case, other countries like Italy were already reeling. Yet d govt wasn't willing to stem d influx of people from countries were d virus was rampant. Despite several calls to shut d airspace, d govt didnt yield. If there were restrictions at d point of entry in d form of outright travel ban into d country or enforced quarantine for returnees, are u telling me we will have all these cases popping up here and there everyday?

Fact is that controlling d situation as it stands now will definitely b more difficult considering d strength of our resources to handle d situation. That's a huge fact

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Curfew May Be Imposed On Lagos State Says Sanwo-Olu by Vivjoe(f): 3:01am On Mar 28, 2020
lexy2014:

Which countries closed their airspace (I didn't say borders) b4 Nigeria and at what point did they decide to close their airspace?

According to u "Whether or not closing the airports would have resulted in fewer imported cases, without isolation and distancing the virus will still spread...".

U doubt d efficacy in closing airports but u strongly believe that "social distancing" will be more effective. I wonder what happened to prevention is better than cure. U can do social distancing 4d whole year. If u don't deal with source, all d effort will be in vain. That is why d numbers are going up.

Nigeria had ample time to prepare. Nigeria wasn't taken unawares. D govt of Nigeria wasn't proactive. That's d reality on ground. As at February 27 when Nigeria had its first case, other countries like Italy were already reeling. Yet d govt wasn't willing to stem d influx of people from countries were d virus was rampant. Despite several calls to shut d airspace, d govt didnt yield. If there were restrictions at d point of entry in d form of outright travel ban into d country or enforced quarantine for returnees, are u telling me we will have all these cases popping up here and there everyday?

Fact is that controlling d situation as it stands now will definitely b more difficult considering d strength of our resources to handle d situation. That's a huge fact
you are right, absolutely right. This is what I have talked and complained also. If only the borders were closed immediately, we wouldn't have been in this situation bug no, they didn't because of their greed n nonchalant attitude thinking it wouldn't affect them. Lolz.
Re: Curfew May Be Imposed On Lagos State Says Sanwo-Olu by frozen70(f): 7:33am On Mar 28, 2020
olanreyman:
We have heard you. But you haven't answered the question we asked you earlier. Where is all the 50billion, 1billion donations to help fighting corona and feed the poor?

It's too early to start asking for account, abeg
Re: Curfew May Be Imposed On Lagos State Says Sanwo-Olu by mindtricks: 8:01am On Mar 28, 2020
PHIPEX:
This is the kind of clear direction we should have been hearing from Buhari
And some empty heads busy worshipping the failing FG want to make us believe it is rocket science to be able to identify an active government when you see one.
Re: Curfew May Be Imposed On Lagos State Says Sanwo-Olu by Jaqenhghar: 8:51am On Mar 28, 2020
9jaRealist:

>
Isolation is one way. What of the other meathod. The care .and quarantine of those who are sick ib a country with no health system. I see you have conveniently ignored that fact.
Re: Curfew May Be Imposed On Lagos State Says Sanwo-Olu by iPOOPinURmouth: 9:14am On Mar 28, 2020
Babapyro:
As difficult it is to accept there are thousands of infected in Lagos already and a lockdown should be initiated very quick,start with their border,desperate times call for desperate measure.
Is there anybody selling face masks at a good price here, I want to buy for my useless mama.
let me Bleep your infected mama first before she die
Re: Curfew May Be Imposed On Lagos State Says Sanwo-Olu by kuntash: 10:49am On Mar 28, 2020
legalwealth:
Ha! !!

Thank God I relocated to Abuja along with my family mid last year from Gbagada where this coronavirus is even said to be rampant in Lagos.

May God heal Lagos, touch Abuja, purify Nigeria and have mercy on the world in Jesus name! !!

Very Dumb post !
Re: Curfew May Be Imposed On Lagos State Says Sanwo-Olu by ayinoluwalogo: 11:03am On Mar 28, 2020
Purchase your alchohol based hand sanitizers at a very affordable price;
100ml is 600naira per bottle
250ml is 1100 naira per bottle
Bulk purchase at discounted prices are available.
WhatsApp/Call: 07069389640
Stay Safe

Re: Curfew May Be Imposed On Lagos State Says Sanwo-Olu by legalwealth(m): 11:13am On Mar 28, 2020
kuntash:

Very Dumb post !

Dumb attention seeker! !!

You have quoted with a very sensible response.

All those who shared and liked it can't be bitter and dumb like you.

Re: Curfew May Be Imposed On Lagos State Says Sanwo-Olu by Crispels(m): 1:05pm On Mar 28, 2020
IstandWithGod:
Only Lagos state is speaking the truth about this Corona Virus...

The government knows sh!t is about to get real and that's why they gave instruction for Level 1 to 12 govt. workers to stay at home because these are the set of people most open to contracting the dreaded virus owing to the fact that they usually commute to and from work using public transportation as well as live in crowded neighborhoods...

Truth is that 1 out of every 40 people in Abuja and Lagos already has Covid-19: the Abba Kyaris that brought it through our borders passed it to their friends, who passed it to their drivers and aides as well as their barbers...the barbers passed it to their customers innocently and the customers after admiring themselves in the barbers mirror went home and passed it to their family and naso the thing take enter market...

That’s not true. Viruses don’t spread that way. The fact that you even live with a carrier does not mean you will contract it(case studies: the Prime Minister of Canada tested negative while his wife tested positive. Same with Davido and Chioma. There are also cases here in the US where married couples who sleep on the same bed - went for the test - eventually one tested positive and the other tested negative). The spread of this virus is down to many factors - its incubation period, immune system of prospective carrier, personal hygiene and health history. An individual may shake hands with a carrier and not contract it. Another individual may just hold the mobile phone of that same carrier and contract it. Epidemiology and virology is very unique and distinct - viruses While highly infectious/contagious, they don’t spread like you think.

While Nigeria needs to test more people - I don’t think the spread is already that wild. COVID/19 is not yet a “community disease” in Nigeria but an imported one - only those with recent travel history and their close contacts are likely to have them. Testings have been largely limited to Nigerians who travelled abroad and those who had close contacts with them as well. That is why, I think, the ratio between testings and confirmed cases is kind of high - because Nigeria is testing people from high risk countries who have shown the symptoms. There is a higher probability that these people will have the disease - when compared to the average Nigeria with no recent travel history or contact.

For instance, if Nigeria decides to enter ALABA in Lagos State now and decides to test everyone there, I doubt if 1% will test positive since it’s not a community disease like LASSA Fever, Hepatitis, Malaria etc.

So the fact that Nigeria has tested less people does not automatically mean it has affected millions of people. It is not a community disease known to Nigeria.
Re: Curfew May Be Imposed On Lagos State Says Sanwo-Olu by Crispels(m): 1:23pm On Mar 28, 2020
kponkedenge:
Please do that immediately. I was talking to a friend in Abuja and he said the few Americans in their company that came into the country few weeks ago were not inspected and no government personnel came to check up on them from time to time.
Just imagine those that already have it and haven't yet been contacted by our government like these Americans.
Don't take these low figures you're seeing as the actual number..... There are many unreported cases.
Please protect yourself everyone.

The fact that they are Americans or just came back from America does not mean they are automatic carriers. Davido, his friends and family just returned from the US as well and none of them tested positive.

My friends who study in the US recently returned to Nigeria and none of them also tested positive. US is a country of over 300million people and their cases are not even up to 100,000. Calculate the percentage and ratio.
Re: Curfew May Be Imposed On Lagos State Says Sanwo-Olu by agbitaj(m): 6:16pm On Mar 28, 2020
Why are u waiting for it to go up more act fast and save lives
uptimum123:

https://punchng.com/breaking-shutdown-of-lagos-imminent-says-sanwo-olu/
Re: Curfew May Be Imposed On Lagos State Says Sanwo-Olu by 9jaRealist: 6:50am On Mar 29, 2020
Jaqenhghar:
Isolation is one way. What of the other meathod. The care .and quarantine of those who are sick ib a country with no health system. I see you have conveniently ignored that fact.

What are you going on about?
Where was the Italian who was the index case quarantined and cared for? On the moon? grin

Isolation is PREVENTIVE (which is always better than cure)...
But places like the Infectious Disease Hospital in Yaba (among others) provide “care and quarantine”.
>
Re: Curfew May Be Imposed On Lagos State Says Sanwo-Olu by jceesquare(m): 7:20am On Mar 29, 2020
legalwealth:
Ha! !!

Thank God I relocated to Abuja along with my family mid last year from Gbagada where this coronavirus is even said to be rampant in Lagos.

May God heal Lagos, touch Abuja, purify Nigeria and have mercy on the world in Jesus name! !!
Guy you should be wiser than this na.
So Abuja is now your safe haven?
Re: Curfew May Be Imposed On Lagos State Says Sanwo-Olu by Jaqenhghar: 7:28am On Mar 29, 2020
9jaRealist:

What are you going on about?
Where was the Italian who was the index case quarantined and cared for? On the moon? grin

Isolation is PREVENTIVE (which is always better than cure)...
But places like the Infectious Disease Hospital in Yaba (among others) provide “care and quarantine”.
>
Oga make una continue. I don tire for una matter.. Even the testing of suspected cases sef na wahala.
Re: Curfew May Be Imposed On Lagos State Says Sanwo-Olu by legalwealth(m): 8:21am On Mar 29, 2020
jceesquare:

Guy you should be wiser than this na.
So Abuja is now your safe haven?

Hey dumb troll

Think and then ask google! !!
Re: Curfew May Be Imposed On Lagos State Says Sanwo-Olu by jceesquare(m): 6:41am On Mar 30, 2020
legalwealth:

Hey dumb troll

Think and then ask google! !!
Some things will never change.
SMH.
Re: Curfew May Be Imposed On Lagos State Says Sanwo-Olu by legalwealth(m): 7:41am On Mar 30, 2020
jceesquare:

Some things will never change.
SMH.

in your life you are referring to.

Stupidity at its peak.

Why won't you be served 1 year ban from cartalk section when all you spread there is folly that you have also displayed on this thread?

jceesquare:
I need help guys.

I accidentally cracked my windshield while changing my wiper blade. The spring snapped off my hand and the metal hit the windshield and gave it a crack.

Now I noticed the crack has spread across the windshield in just 2 days and it is spreading fast.

Kindly help with anyone that can fix cracked windshield.

#modified I could have posted in Cartalk, but currently serving 1 year ban, so I would appreciate if it can be reposted there.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

T.A Orji Sleeping During Senate Screening / Soludo And Utomi Arrive Kuje Prison To See Nnamdi Kanu / Atiku Abubakar Playing Football In His Compound (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.