Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,361 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:37 PM

Coronavirus: US To Evacuate Citizens From Nigeria - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Coronavirus: US To Evacuate Citizens From Nigeria (76149 Views)

Egypt, Lebanon Evacuate Citizens From Nigeria / Coronavirus: Germany To Evacuate Citizens From Nigeria / Coronavirus: US Consulate In Nigeria Cancels All Visa Applications (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coronavirus: US To Evacuate Citizens From Nigeria by pacespot(m): 10:06am On Mar 28, 2020
They are already seeing the impending corona virus disaster in Nigeria which will be worse than that of the USA.
Re: Coronavirus: US To Evacuate Citizens From Nigeria by Valkrie: 10:10am On Mar 28, 2020
Kaysalas:

Please could you provide a link to the military doc? i willlike to see them

Google operation second eleven, the document is even here on Nairaland....

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: US To Evacuate Citizens From Nigeria by nrexzy: 10:11am On Mar 28, 2020
Niggmatic:

I don't understand what you meant by "highest death in a day vie Corona"
Soon u would
Re: Coronavirus: US To Evacuate Citizens From Nigeria by nrexzy: 10:13am On Mar 28, 2020
GamalNasser:

Do you even know what a ventilator is? If they don't make ventilators how will the shortage be met

No sir please what are ventilators?
And the company is owned by Gov't ba

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: US To Evacuate Citizens From Nigeria by Millz404(m): 10:13am On Mar 28, 2020
Liftedhands:
Notwithstanding the figures, they still stand a better chance of surviving it there than over here.

Many will gladly leave.

they stand a better chance in a country where they are currently having truck freezers as temporary morgues. That is to tell you they are expecting more people to die from it. Test or without test, people would have been dropping dead on the streets if Nigeria has it as bad as the US. take it or leave it, for some reason people are not dying anyhow here and it is a good thing.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: US To Evacuate Citizens From Nigeria by LannisterIMP: 10:15am On Mar 28, 2020
PresidentAtiku:
Hope it is not what am thinking?

Hope there is no plans of post corona crises with blood shed due to power tussles

What are you thinking?
Re: Coronavirus: US To Evacuate Citizens From Nigeria by sulaak(m): 10:16am On Mar 28, 2020
AustineCJ:
There was indeed a country .....how we went from sane minds like Azikwe,Awolowo,Tafawa belewa,Shagari, yar adua to Buhari is a wonder to the world.......

Shagari, wasn't a sane mind.

Nigeria was always going to end this way.
Re: Coronavirus: US To Evacuate Citizens From Nigeria by Jaynom(m): 10:16am On Mar 28, 2020
AirstarKane:

Exactly my thoughts. There's something happening. Oh God just help us. I am even more scarred about this than the corona virus because how can you expkain 40 soldiers killed and no word from the president jeez we are in deep shit.
A keke driver told e we were already surrounded and they are just waiting for instructions to strike. Because there's really no rationale evacuating your citizen at this time rather than a more deadlier act coming up.
It is crazy!
Re: Coronavirus: US To Evacuate Citizens From Nigeria by Niggmatic: 10:18am On Mar 28, 2020
nrexzy:

Soon u would

You should worry about your country that relies on free donation from WHO before they can do anything.

No testing kit, no medical equipment, lack of medical personnel.

You better start praying over your country than talking about USA. That country is capable of turning their misfortune around in a couple of days.

Face your country

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: US To Evacuate Citizens From Nigeria by Meritocracy: 10:18am On Mar 28, 2020
BUSHHUNTER:
Person run from Lagos enter Enugu..Corona don dey Enugu now

The temperature is high there and most people imported the virus came through Lagos and Abuja.

I never hear any single case from core north...shey I no go go one village for Jigawa like dis
Re: Coronavirus: US To Evacuate Citizens From Nigeria by Meritocracy: 10:20am On Mar 28, 2020
BUSHHUNTER:
Person run from Lagos enter Enugu..Corona don dey Enugu

I never hear any single case from core north...shey I no go go one village for Jigawa like dis

The temperature is very high there and those imported the virus came through Lagos and Abuja

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: US To Evacuate Citizens From Nigeria by EdiskyHarry: 10:20am On Mar 28, 2020
If this thing continues for the next two months, you will know it's even safer to be in Italy than Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: US To Evacuate Citizens From Nigeria by fkj950ax(m): 10:21am On Mar 28, 2020
januzaj:

We have less than 500 ventilators.

Did you go about the whole nation to count?
And not every coronavirus patient needs a ventilator to recover.
Not everybody needs a test. Only if you feel symptoms or suspect you have been exposed.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: US To Evacuate Citizens From Nigeria by Liftedhands(f): 10:21am On Mar 28, 2020
Millz404:

they stand a better chance in a country where they are currently having truck freezers as temporary morgues. That is to tell you they are expecting more people to die from it. Test or without test, people would have been dropping dead on the streets if Nigeria has it as bad as the US. take it or leave it, for some reason people are not dying anyhow here and it is a good thing.
We can only hope and pray it doesn't get to that. A country like the USA are being hit this hard how do you think Nigeria will be when same hits us? We have nothing in place! Nothing at all.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: US To Evacuate Citizens From Nigeria by nrexzy: 10:21am On Mar 28, 2020
Niggmatic:

You should worry about your country that relies on free donation from WHO before they can do anything.

No testing kit, no medical equipment, lack of medical personnel.

You better start praying over your country than talking about USA. That country is capable of turning their misfortune around in a couple of days.

Face your country

I'm glad u said "MY COUNTRY "...
So how have you done for ur country?
Re: Coronavirus: US To Evacuate Citizens From Nigeria by Investnow2017: 10:22am On Mar 28, 2020
Millz404:
Moving from a country with 81 confirmed cases to a country with over 82,000 cases and over 1000 deaths....

even if Nigeria's figure is underestimated, it is nothing near the american confirmed cases

well goodluck to them....that's if they will even want to go

click on my signature if you run a business

Do you know what the US has foreseen before wanting to evacuate her citizens?
Re: Coronavirus: US To Evacuate Citizens From Nigeria by Emmerlee(m): 10:22am On Mar 28, 2020
Millz404:
Moving from a country with 81 confirmed cases to a country with over 82,000 cases and over 1000 deaths....

even if Nigeria's figure is underestimated, it is nothing near the american confirmed cases

well goodluck to them....that's if they will even want to go

click on my signature if you run a business

You guys don't understand.. I think they see the numbers here catching up to theirs in no distant time, and you know with the current realities in Nigeria that may just be Armageddon. They are seeing ahead what we are failing to see if we don't take more drastic actions to curb the spread of the virus here now!

This is not about deceiving ourselves with a bloated sense of self glory, this is about the likely REALITY!
Re: Coronavirus: US To Evacuate Citizens From Nigeria by blingxx(m): 10:23am On Mar 28, 2020
eldoradoxx:
When tens and hundreds of thousands of Nigerians get infected with Covid 19 with multiple deaths and no hospital to treat the sick and the government wants to enforce a look down an economy where over 80% of the citizens feeds from hand to mouth, those whose income and ability to feed depend on daily income, the masses will revolt knowing fully well that their leaders afflicted themselves and invariably the people in general with this disease; then the pandemic will lead to mass hysteria and pandemonium. The already overstretched and weak security architect which will itself will also share in the pandemic attack will not be able to contain the fall out crisis of attempting to lockdown everyone to die of hunger indoors by an irresponsible government. America has projected what is about to happen, they are not airlifting their citizens for nothing. They see a violent revolution occasioned by failure to manage this crisis in Nigeria.
May God save us all. We got ourselves into this when we failed to use our brains to vote in the last crucial presidential election.

Best comnent so far .....that's it ...we are doomed
Re: Coronavirus: US To Evacuate Citizens From Nigeria by govomotors: 10:24am On Mar 28, 2020
Does Corona virus means every man die in their back yard. As long as am not in my village now and practice distancing, Corona virus I overcome.

Why should I go to high risk country because am a citizen of that country. I better stay at low risk country and watch as situation unfold.

The dead rate officially known in Nigeria is one (1) person. Even if the unofficial dead rate in Nigeria is 100, it's stay safer in Nigeria than the western world.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: US To Evacuate Citizens From Nigeria by GamalNasser: 10:25am On Mar 28, 2020
nrexzy:

No sir please what are ventilators?
And the company is owned by Gov't ba

You don't even know how productions works in the US no wonder u support a failed Buhari ...so you think us fighter jets are manufactured by the govt company?
Re: Coronavirus: US To Evacuate Citizens From Nigeria by fkj950ax(m): 10:25am On Mar 28, 2020
Meritocracy:

The temperature is very high there and those imported the virus came through Lagos and Abuja

Not true. It has nothing to do with temperature.
The government is not testing in those places because the nation has no test facility. Infected people are probably walking around freely kike flies.

Look at this map posted by NCDC showing where test facilities are located.

The NW, NC, NE, SE, ND, SS are all abandoned. That's the fight the Ministry of Health needs to be fighting. That's what Buhari needs to tell us in a national address.

Re: Coronavirus: US To Evacuate Citizens From Nigeria by Niggmatic: 10:28am On Mar 28, 2020
nrexzy:

I'm glad u said "MY COUNTRY "...
So how have you done for ur country?

I repeat, worry about your country that can't produce ordinary face mask not to talk of test kits.
USA is capable of turning their misfortune around in a couple of time.

At the end it's still this USA that will donate ventilators and medical equipment to you.

Face your country.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: US To Evacuate Citizens From Nigeria by tundess: 10:31am On Mar 28, 2020
Responsible govts are locking down, social distancing, clapping for carers, PPEquipping, testing and ventilating.
Buhari is.......posing at his fumigated desk. cheesy

The Independence Generation have left us worse off as a country than they inherited it. We should pack all of them off to be lab rats for the Corona vaccine. At least their lives would have served some use to humanity.
Re: Coronavirus: US To Evacuate Citizens From Nigeria by Cloud007: 10:31am On Mar 28, 2020
This decision looks stupid to me. Nigeria is safer for now. Unless they know something we don't. Which might not even be related to COVID19

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: US To Evacuate Citizens From Nigeria by surgical: 10:31am On Mar 28, 2020
Richdad50:
shocked

Nairalanders who support Buhari and his incompetent regime are Idiots (Idiot is a description not an insult). I find it extremely baffling that a young would waste his youthful energy and cognition defending this level of mediocrity.

Show me one Nairalander who supports the regime and I will tell you how certainly bad his/her future will look like. Idiots!

Richdad
They are about to pay with their lives now,they thought governance is a joke or entertainment like premiership were you can support team without consequences but electing leaders is different,they are about to find out
Re: Coronavirus: US To Evacuate Citizens From Nigeria by Beetobee(f): 10:33am On Mar 28, 2020
My co-citizens, swallow your pride and stay back in Nigeria. Only one death has been recorded so far and by the Almighty's grace,it shall stay thus. Look at what's happening in the US especially in New York. US has overtaken China and Italy in death rate. Stay here and enjoy the warm weather. I ain't going nowhere for sure.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: US To Evacuate Citizens From Nigeria by nrexzy: 10:34am On Mar 28, 2020
Niggmatic:

I repeat, worry about your country that can't produce ordinary face mask not to talk of test kits.
USA is capable of turning their misfortune around in a couple of time.

At the end it's still this USA that will donate ventilators and medical equipment to you.

Face your country.

Bros go US naa haba wetin u dey carry my country wahala for head for

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: US To Evacuate Citizens From Nigeria by Niggmatic: 10:35am On Mar 28, 2020
govomotors:
Does Corona virus means every man die in their back yard. As long as am not in my village now and practice distancing, Corona virus I overcome.

Why should I go to high risk country because am a citizen of that country. I better stay at low risk country and watch as situation unfold.

The dead rate officially known in Nigeria is one (1) person. Even if the unofficial dead rate in Nigeria is 100, it's stay safer in Nigeria than the western world.

As long as covid19 is concerned, everything can change under one week if you are not careful. You can move for 100 infections to thousands in a matter of weeks.

The virus behave the same way every where. Look at China, Italy, Spain UK even US. It didn't take 2 weeks before everything snowballed out of control

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: US To Evacuate Citizens From Nigeria by nrexzy: 10:36am On Mar 28, 2020
GamalNasser:

You don't even know how productions works in the US no wonder u support a failed Buhari ...so you think us fighter jets are manufactured by the govt company?

Good since u know how manufacturing works, so u give a private company order to operate because ur a director, shareholder or what?
Bros manufacturing works based on order...
Simple supply chain...

Place ur order and pay.

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: US To Evacuate Citizens From Nigeria by MahatmaGhandi: 10:36am On Mar 28, 2020
The other day it was Europe evacuating, now it is America! Sanwolu has talked about curfews. Baba these people are seeing what we are not seeing, e be like say this place wan cast now.
Re: Coronavirus: US To Evacuate Citizens From Nigeria by Investnow2017: 10:37am On Mar 28, 2020
Liveair:
US!
Brace yourselves! United States has far more intelligence than any of us. There is something sinister they have seen imminent, far worse than the health pandemic in the US.

Exactly my thoughts!
Re: Coronavirus: US To Evacuate Citizens From Nigeria by bonnyhope: 10:37am On Mar 28, 2020
NextD18:
Buhari has been exercising power against Igbos.

It's now time to know how and what he'll do wth those powers watching Trump fly American citizens out of Nigeria despite Airport closure.

They are going out no issues

Because Buhari himself flew out, he was even the first to break the law

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Very Strange Nigerian Guy I Saw In Germany Who Japa Back To Naija / Bull Wandering On Third Mainland Bridge In Lagos Today (Photos) / The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.