Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,055 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:28 AM

Akure Explosion Left Behind A Massive Impact Crater (Photos) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akure Explosion Left Behind A Massive Impact Crater (Photos) (5140 Views)

Amaechi: Money Jonathan Left Behind Couldn’t Sustain Nigeria Three Weeks / Magu: PDP Left Behind Huge Corruption Mess – Garba Shehu / Reno Omokri - “Leah Sharibu: The Girl Boko Haram Left Behind" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Akure Explosion Left Behind A Massive Impact Crater (Photos) by Explorers(m): 11:35am On Mar 28, 2020
Is it possible for a bomb to leave such a huge crater after detonating right on a grounded/moving truck

We've not seen the pieces of the said truck carrying the device.

To me, this impact looks like that of a drone strike or a bomb or something dropped from above hitting the ground at around 100km/hr.

4 Likes

Re: Akure Explosion Left Behind A Massive Impact Crater (Photos) by Wiseandtrue(f): 11:36am On Mar 28, 2020
Corona virus no succeed, na explosion them wan use ooooo!!!

Explosions everywhere!!! Thank God, there's no oil pipe there, na him them for blame.

With all the money allotted to security votes, I can comfortably say that there will be no camera to reveal what actually happened.

Quote me, if otherwise!!!

4 Likes

Re: Akure Explosion Left Behind A Massive Impact Crater (Photos) by Snipper007: 11:36am On Mar 28, 2020
Aliens have entered our planet.

1 Like

Re: Akure Explosion Left Behind A Massive Impact Crater (Photos) by GraGra247(m): 11:41am On Mar 28, 2020
Same thing that happened in Abule Ado Lagos and they called it pipeline explosion.

2 Likes

Re: Akure Explosion Left Behind A Massive Impact Crater (Photos) by GamalNasser: 11:51am On Mar 28, 2020
Snipper007:
Aliens have entered our planet.

No aliens the governor has confirmed it was indeed an explosive Laden truck
Re: Akure Explosion Left Behind A Massive Impact Crater (Photos) by decub: 11:52am On Mar 28, 2020
Explorers:
Is it possible for a bomb to leave such a huge crater after detonating right on a grounded truck.

To me, this impact looks like a drone strike or a bomb or something dropped from above hitting the ground at around 100km/hr.
I don't think it's impossible as there are other factors that could increase the impact below the natural ground level, hence, the crater.

The explosive device could be a rocket launcher type already assembled and sloping downward at the time of explosion.

It may have also uprooted a structure to create such crater.

I also feel a very loose soil type will create a higher impact.

Just thinking...
Re: Akure Explosion Left Behind A Massive Impact Crater (Photos) by GamalNasser: 12:04pm On Mar 28, 2020
Explorers:
Is it possible for a bomb to leave such a huge crater after detonating right on a grounded/moving truck

To me, this impact looks like that of a drone strike or a bomb or something dropped from above hitting the ground at around 100km/hr.

Yes that's a signature high explosive truck bomb crater ...The blast has the signature of a single large device powered by a composition-C type explosive ..see below crater created by a truck bomb in Kabul

3 Likes

Re: Akure Explosion Left Behind A Massive Impact Crater (Photos) by Snipper007: 12:05pm On Mar 28, 2020
GamalNasser:

Was there any truck reckage at the explosion site?
Re: Akure Explosion Left Behind A Massive Impact Crater (Photos) by GamalNasser: 12:05pm On Mar 28, 2020
decub:

I don't think it's impossible as there are other factors that could increase the impact below the natural ground level, hence, the crater.

The explosive device could be a rocket launcher type already assembled and sloping downward at the time of explosion.

It may have also uprooted a structure to create such crater.

I also feel a very loose soil type will create a higher impact.

Just thinking...

Oga that's a signature truck bomb ..no rocket launcher can pack such power
Re: Akure Explosion Left Behind A Massive Impact Crater (Photos) by helinues: 12:06pm On Mar 28, 2020
Ok
Re: Akure Explosion Left Behind A Massive Impact Crater (Photos) by CAPSLOCKED: 12:06pm On Mar 28, 2020
MAYBE FROM OUTER SPACE?

THE HOLE IS GOOD AND BIG ENOUGH ANYWAY INCASE THERE'S A NEED FOR A MASS BURIAL OR SOMETHING...... YOU KNOW WE CAN NEVER TELL HOW WELL WE'LL DO WITH THIS CORONA-SITUATION.
Re: Akure Explosion Left Behind A Massive Impact Crater (Photos) by GamalNasser: 12:08pm On Mar 28, 2020
Snipper007:

You will hardly see any truck , it will be blown to smithreen and and the debris blown in tiny pieces far and wide and some buried I'm the crater .
Below is the picture of a truck bomb explosion in Kabul

Re: Akure Explosion Left Behind A Massive Impact Crater (Photos) by helinues: 12:12pm On Mar 28, 2020
More like something was dropped from the above ( Possibly bomb) or buried on the ground .

If it asteroids , it should be detected from the radar and if it is too small to be detected, the earth atmosphere will tear it into pieces before getting to us and in addition, there supposed to be debris of the said asteroids

If it is truck carrying bombs, the crater says otherwise cos we should be able to see the shattered part of the trucks and with such magnitudes of affecting up to 100 houses, whoever near 200m are suya including those who are transporting it.

The only possible logical reasoning is a bomb dropped from above or already planted on the ground

4 Likes

Re: Akure Explosion Left Behind A Massive Impact Crater (Photos) by Snipper007: 12:23pm On Mar 28, 2020
GamalNasser:

You will hardly see any truck , it will be blown to smithreen and and the debris blown in tiny pieces far and wide and some buried I'm the crater .
Below is the picture of a truck bomb explosion in Kabul

Alt....I just hope it's not aliens that have come to steal our women.
Re: Akure Explosion Left Behind A Massive Impact Crater (Photos) by helinues: 12:27pm On Mar 28, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:
MAYBE FROM OUTER SPACE?

THE HOLE IS GOOD AND BIG ENOUGH ANYWAY INCASE THERE'S A NEED FOR A MASS BURIAL OR SOMETHING...... YOU KNOW WE CAN NEVER TELL HOW WELL WE'LL DO WITH THIS CORONA-SITUATION.

See person reasonings... No wonder you write in Caps lock

1 Like

Re: Akure Explosion Left Behind A Massive Impact Crater (Photos) by iamphilips(m): 12:28pm On Mar 28, 2020
Explorers:

God bless you.... I felt it in my house around FUTA area. The Government is not saying the truth.... No debris from the truck or even effect of burns..... Observe the impact pattern.
Re: Akure Explosion Left Behind A Massive Impact Crater (Photos) by iamphilips(m): 12:29pm On Mar 28, 2020
Snipper007:

Not at all..... Nothing on site
Re: Akure Explosion Left Behind A Massive Impact Crater (Photos) by CAPSLOCKED: 12:30pm On Mar 28, 2020
Snipper007:

Alt....I just hope it's not aliens that have come to steal our women.

THE LAST THING ALIENS WILL COME HERE FOR IS YOUR WOMEN. BELIEVE ME.

1 Like

Re: Akure Explosion Left Behind A Massive Impact Crater (Photos) by CAPSLOCKED: 12:30pm On Mar 28, 2020
helinues:

See person reasonings... No wonder you write in Caps lock
grin

1 Like

Re: Akure Explosion Left Behind A Massive Impact Crater (Photos) by sapientia(m): 12:48pm On Mar 28, 2020
Only in a failed country will the citizens be ones guessing what caused explosion.

Till now, we don't know what caused Lagos own.
Re: Akure Explosion Left Behind A Massive Impact Crater (Photos) by ChristianNorth: 1:07pm On Mar 28, 2020
But a Yoruba Moslem Johnmartus said MNK and IPOB bombed Akure.

It shall be well with Yoruba Moslems. God will help us.
Re: Akure Explosion Left Behind A Massive Impact Crater (Photos) by realborn(m): 1:23pm On Mar 28, 2020
undecided
People shouldn’t flank such a site like that.

The area should be cordoned off.
Re: Akure Explosion Left Behind A Massive Impact Crater (Photos) by GamalNasser: 1:36pm On Mar 28, 2020
iamphilips:

God bless you.... I felt it in my house around FUTA area. The Government is not saying the truth.... No debris from the truck or even effect of burns..... Observe the impact pattern.

Thats signature truck bombe site , big crater and no truck ..below is an image from a truck bom explosion in kabul

Re: Akure Explosion Left Behind A Massive Impact Crater (Photos) by GamalNasser: 1:41pm On Mar 28, 2020
helinues:
More like something was dropped from the above ( Possibly bomb) or buried on the ground .

If it asteroids , it should be detected from the radar and if it is too small to be detected, the earth atmosphere will tear it into pieces before getting to us and in addition, there supposed to be debris of the said asteroids

If it is truck carrying bombs, the crater says otherwise cos we should be able to see the shattered part of the trucks and with such magnitudes of affecting up to 100 houses, whoever near 200m are suya including those who are transporting it.

The only possible logical reasoning is a bomb dropped from above or already planted on the ground

Helinues this is beyond your brain capacity , trust me that's a classic truck bomb crater , do you know how many thousand kilograms of explosive went off there . The whole truck will be blown to smithreen and parts like that axle pounded into the crater ...

I am attaching again another truck bomb crater from kabul... The truck bomb used to kill Lebanese prime minister even set of a wave in the surrounding ocean

Re: Akure Explosion Left Behind A Massive Impact Crater (Photos) by ivandragon: 2:13pm On Mar 28, 2020
That area needs to be properly condorned off.

There is risky of unexploded bombs based buried in the initial explosion.
Re: Akure Explosion Left Behind A Massive Impact Crater (Photos) by Diyulohki: 2:25pm On Mar 28, 2020
Re: Akure Explosion Left Behind A Massive Impact Crater (Photos) by Trizyd(m): 2:31pm On Mar 28, 2020
If it's truly a truck bomb, then that's a lot of explosives. More then 1,500 Kg due to the crater I'm seeing. The truck bomb explosion at Kabul didn't leave this much crater (i'm judging based on the images).

Re: Akure Explosion Left Behind A Massive Impact Crater (Photos) by franchasng: 2:39pm On Mar 28, 2020
angry
Re: Akure Explosion Left Behind A Massive Impact Crater (Photos) by anonym0us: 3:42pm On Mar 28, 2020
Trizyd:
If it's truly a truck bomb, then that's a lot of explosives. More then 1,500 Kg due to the crater I'm seeing. The truck bomb explosion at Kabul didn't leave this much crater (i'm judging based on the images).
what's This truck bomb y'all are shouting up and down

1 Like

Re: Akure Explosion Left Behind A Massive Impact Crater (Photos) by Nobody: 4:31pm On Mar 28, 2020
GamalNasser:

Please Keep quiet. That crater was caused by an impact from something above. We are not fools. So because the Governoer said it was a truck laden with bombs we should believe it abi?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Watch How Olusegun Obasanjo Stole The Show At A Party With A Gold Rolls Royce / Psquare Posts The Road To His House Before And during Peter Obi's Tenure / 2023: Why Nigerians Shouldn’t Vote Based On Ethnicity, Religion - Livinus Okwara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.