Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,398 members, 7,819,420 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:58 PM

UK's First Coronavirus Mega Hospital With 4,000 Beds And Cubicle (Pics) - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / UK's First Coronavirus Mega Hospital With 4,000 Beds And Cubicle (Pics) (104375 Views)

Baby Born From Three People's DNA In UK First / Iraq Announces First Coronavirus Death / Senegal Confirms First Coronavirus Case, Patient Is A French Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK's First Coronavirus Mega Hospital With 4,000 Beds And Cubicle (Pics) by Nobody: 3:16pm On Mar 28, 2020
Mizwisdom:

I don't know if you're being paid for doing this PR for UK government but I have a question for you, if they're so prepared how come Prince Charles and Boris have contracted this virus? ..

Where were these bunks when 500+ died from the virus?

What happened that 14,000+ people have contacted the virus in the UK and people suspect the UK government of hiding actual statistics?

I think u got it all wrong. Getting prepared does not guarantee immunity to the virus. The UK having so many infected is inevitable. The premier league and Champions league is one of the catalysts that accelerated the spread. In fact I hope u know the UK are not even testing enough. They only test people that have shown serious symptoms. If u have light symptoms they will ask u to go home and self isolate for 7 days.

But just because they have many cases doesn't mean they should stop preparing for the worst. In reality more than 30k have been infected in the UK. They didn't follow the total lockdown route China took, they are relying on herd immunity to flatten the curve. They know soon there will be influx of patients that need attention that is why they are getting prepared. That has nothing to do with Prince Charles and Boris getting infected. The virus is not a respecter of anyone. It is almost impossible to stop the virus from spreading in a country like the UK and the US.

1 Like

Re: UK's First Coronavirus Mega Hospital With 4,000 Beds And Cubicle (Pics) by Moscodee1990(m): 3:17pm On Mar 28, 2020
Impressive

1 Like

Re: UK's First Coronavirus Mega Hospital With 4,000 Beds And Cubicle (Pics) by omooba969(m): 3:17pm On Mar 28, 2020
[s]
Mizwisdom:

I don't know if you're being paid for doing this PR for UK government but I have a question for you, if they're so prepared how come Prince Charles and Boris have contracted this virus? ..

Where were these bunks when 500+ died from the virus?

What happened that 14,000+ people have contacted the virus in the UK and people suspect the UK government of hiding actual statistics?
[/s]

You shouldn't have asked these questions as they're foolish questions - you as well know that this pandemic is unprecedented.

Total gibberish. cool

1 Like

Re: UK's First Coronavirus Mega Hospital With 4,000 Beds And Cubicle (Pics) by Agugbadin: 3:17pm On Mar 28, 2020
Octopusssy:
Nigeria cannot do 1/10 of this, which is why this virus must not be allowed to go viral in this country, otherwise the Italian experience will be a child's play compared to what will happen here.

If they try1/20 of it, the cost will be 10x the cost of this British hospital

1 Like

Re: UK's First Coronavirus Mega Hospital With 4,000 Beds And Cubicle (Pics) by tot(f): 3:18pm On Mar 28, 2020
greenhulk:

I think u got it all wrong. Getting prepared does not guarantee immunity to the virus. The UK having so many infected is inevitable. The premier league and Champions league is one of the catalysts that accelerated the spread. In fact I hope u know the UK are not even testing enough. They only test people that have shown serious symptoms. If u have light symptoms they will ask u to go home and self isolate for 7 days.

But just because they have many cases doesn't mean they should stop preparing for the worst. In reality more than 30k have been infected in the UK. They didn't follow the total lockdown route China took, they are relying on herd immunity to flatten the curve. They know soon there will be influx of patients that need attention that is why they are getting prepared. That has nothing to do with Prince Charles and Boris getting infected. The virus is not a respecter of anyone. It is almost impossible to stop the virus from spreading in a country like the UK and the US.

Wrong. The herd immunity theory wasn't working which was what made Boris implement a lockdown. The UK could have reduced its figures if the lockdown had been put in place earlier. The UK is in a police-enforced lockdown right now.
Re: UK's First Coronavirus Mega Hospital With 4,000 Beds And Cubicle (Pics) by CanadaOrBust: 3:19pm On Mar 28, 2020
Ishitinyourlife:

They're are still looking for ventilator themselves and you're saying crap

They have too many billionaires willing to donate ventilators and too many huge companies ready to build them. See below...

160,000 ventilators in US
Less than 500 over here
This life

Re: UK's First Coronavirus Mega Hospital With 4,000 Beds And Cubicle (Pics) by Nobody: 3:19pm On Mar 28, 2020
Alvin212:

Substandard
Looks like an amateurish improvised tent

Still better than nothing. What were u expecting, a 5 star hotel?

2 Likes

Re: UK's First Coronavirus Mega Hospital With 4,000 Beds And Cubicle (Pics) by luminouz(m): 3:21pm On Mar 28, 2020
Mizwisdom:

This isn't the side of their reality he should be showing people , it's wrong. They failed to prepare on time that's why they have lost so many lives and they're still losing people to the virus. I used to respect explorer but now I see him for who he truly is.

I think the COVID-19 got to you already because you are not thinking straight
Take a. Deep breath and read again. Or are you hungry? Send me ur account,make I waya 20naira for gaari and kulikuli

Explorers does what he does...unbiased.

2 Likes

Re: UK's First Coronavirus Mega Hospital With 4,000 Beds And Cubicle (Pics) by yeyeosoronga: 3:23pm On Mar 28, 2020
Alvin212:

Substandard
Looks like an amateurish improvised tent

That's definitely not substandard.
The excel centre existed long before the Corona, and it is being converted to a makeshift hospital specifically for the Covid19 disease.
Lagos state is building from the scratch specifically for same purpose.
You cannot build a brick/mortar hospital within 3 weeks, and there is really no time to waste on such frivolities
There is no underutilised building owned by the LASG that can be converted for such.
This is as good as it gets as it is just a temporary structure.
I'm very sure Italy would be glad to have the space for such and the wherewithal for such. Probably half of their construction workers are dead from the Covid or recovering from it.
If Italy had the time we have now to prepare, they would have remained eternally grateful
The UK has over 700 documented DEATHS from the Covid19, and are only just setting up a large hospital in preparation for more cases. Nigeria has only 1 DEATH from Covid so far, and we are actually on the same page of preparedness. We have learnt from Italy, UK and US and realised thankfully on time that the Covid isn't here to play with nobody
What you all need right now is to SUPPORT your government NOW.
Don't wait till your family gets affected, because I'm sure if they do, you will appreciate this 'substandard' structure.
SARS-CoV-2 is here with you folks, accept it now and start fighting for your lives.

3 Likes

Re: UK's First Coronavirus Mega Hospital With 4,000 Beds And Cubicle (Pics) by Iceyjays(m): 3:23pm On Mar 28, 2020
Riele:
Just 400 beds ? .

Read dumbass, this is why you failed your jamb!
Re: UK's First Coronavirus Mega Hospital With 4,000 Beds And Cubicle (Pics) by AbujaBlue: 3:24pm On Mar 28, 2020
To those harping on about the pictures from Lagos - yes that is a nice gesture - but look at the size of it? It is just a wedding marquee with a few beds in it. What is the population of Lagos?

Open your eyes! Unless 100s more of these are built, it is just a PR stunt.

1 Like

Re: UK's First Coronavirus Mega Hospital With 4,000 Beds And Cubicle (Pics) by tillaman(m): 3:26pm On Mar 28, 2020
wisdomkid:

Nigeria is broke?
so they keep saying bro

1 Like

Re: UK's First Coronavirus Mega Hospital With 4,000 Beds And Cubicle (Pics) by tillaman(m): 3:26pm On Mar 28, 2020
cucumbae:
Mike otedola said he donated #1b.Atiku and others have also donated.Na make the money no go the Babachir Lawal way na em I dey pray
a lot of them have been donating even our banks are donating billions
Atleast they can’t fly out to seek medical help let them do something here

1 Like

Re: UK's First Coronavirus Mega Hospital With 4,000 Beds And Cubicle (Pics) by tot(f): 3:27pm On Mar 28, 2020
AbujaBlue:
To those harping on about the pictures from Lagos - yes that is a nice gesture - but look at the size of it? It is just a wedding marquee with a few beds in it. What is the population of Lagos?

It is not a nice gesture, it is a government preparing like any sane government should.

Few beds? Okay, continue running down your country, I hope it gives you guys some relief to do so.

3 Likes

Re: UK's First Coronavirus Mega Hospital With 4,000 Beds And Cubicle (Pics) by tillaman(m): 3:28pm On Mar 28, 2020
NWABUKA007:

Our senators just received 2020 Toyota Camry
The
Broke part is a lie
we all know it’s a lie atleast people don donate let’s wait and hear another lie maybe they are planning on using the donations to pay our national debt
Re: UK's First Coronavirus Mega Hospital With 4,000 Beds And Cubicle (Pics) by Nobody: 3:28pm On Mar 28, 2020
tot:

Wrong. The herd immunity theory wasn't working which was what made Boris implement a lockdown. The UK could have reduced its figures if the lockdown had been put in place earlier. The UK is in a police-enforced lockdown right now.

Yes, the herd immunity didn't work. China already warned against it and the new total lockdown is necessary. But then the Uk will start selling very cheap self-test kits from next week. These kits will not show if someone is infected but will test for antibodies to know if someone had already been infected and have become immune to the virus. The test kits cost about $1 which anyone can order for. If many of these tests end up becoming positive then it would mean the herd immunity might just be working and they can get those that have shown immunity to get back to work so as to sustain their economy.

1 Like

Re: UK's First Coronavirus Mega Hospital With 4,000 Beds And Cubicle (Pics) by Octopusssy(f): 3:28pm On Mar 28, 2020
mtinfx:

Where is the president?
If you ask me, na who I go ask?
Re: UK's First Coronavirus Mega Hospital With 4,000 Beds And Cubicle (Pics) by luluman: 3:34pm On Mar 28, 2020
softwerk:
angry

I hate being a Nigerian this period!
We also want you out at this period.Please go to italy.

4 Likes

Re: UK's First Coronavirus Mega Hospital With 4,000 Beds And Cubicle (Pics) by Nobody: 3:34pm On Mar 28, 2020
omooba969:

You all deserve the politicians you get. grin

Next time, y'all will learn to vote honest & serious people into public office - una neva chin-chun-chin. grin

Who is this one?? Are u alright?? Do u know who I voted for??
Re: UK's First Coronavirus Mega Hospital With 4,000 Beds And Cubicle (Pics) by tot(f): 3:35pm On Mar 28, 2020
greenhulk:

Yes, the herd immunity didn't work. China already warned against it and the new total lockdown is necessary. But then the Uk will start selling very cheap self-test kits from next week. These kits will not show if someone is infected but will test for antibodies to know if someone had already been infected and have become immune to the virus. The test kits cost about $1 which anyone can order for. If many of these tests end up becoming positive then it would mean the herd immunity might just be working and they can get those that have shown immunity to get back to work so as to sustain their economy.

But until then it remains a theory. Plus, in a case where a person has not been infected, then what is the point cos there is no way of knowing if that person is immune or not.
Re: UK's First Coronavirus Mega Hospital With 4,000 Beds And Cubicle (Pics) by tot(f): 3:35pm On Mar 28, 2020
luluman:
We also want you out at this period.Please go to italy.

cheesy

1 Like

Re: UK's First Coronavirus Mega Hospital With 4,000 Beds And Cubicle (Pics) by yeyeosoronga: 3:41pm On Mar 28, 2020
AbujaBlue:

The federal government is also planning to open more centres and are planning convert one of the stadiums in Lagos to another makeshift hospital- I read that somewhere on NL.
Hopefully, they will start the business ASAP.
Other states also need to step up their game.
Abuja, where art thou?
Port harcourt, your attention is needed too.
Enugu, are you ready?
Kano, you nko?
All major cities with airports, seaports need to be on alert , and start preparing for this.
Who knows, our weather may help us. Perhaps , even because we suffer from a lot of infectious diseases, maybe there's some cross immunity somewhere to help our ministry. But till then, we continue to get ready.
What is affecting majority of Europe and even the US is the fact that they didn't take it sooo seriously, and it hit them like a tsunami before they could even turn.. Most cities didn't know what hit them.
Italy had almost a thousand deaths yesterday.
New facts are emerging about this virus, and it can kill young, fit people. Two 27 year olds have died in the UK, probably even more. A 16 year old has died in France. All were fit and well.
All those who don't believe the corona exists should just be careful, because their egungun done enter express

2 Likes

Re: UK's First Coronavirus Mega Hospital With 4,000 Beds And Cubicle (Pics) by ochiosa(m): 3:44pm On Mar 28, 2020
See soldiers and other security guys working, ours dey for road blocks dey collect egunje with POS. Sent of unseriours lots.

2 Likes

Re: UK's First Coronavirus Mega Hospital With 4,000 Beds And Cubicle (Pics) by Nobody: 3:49pm On Mar 28, 2020
tot:

But until then it remains a theory. Plus, in a case where a person has not been infected, then what is the point cos there is no way of knowing if that person is immune or not.

The reason why Uk don't test everyone, only those that have shown symptoms and have gone through 7 days of isolation with no improvement. They just recently bumped up their testing and why they are now having more confirmed cases. They believe a lot of people that stayed at home got infected and recovered without having to go to the hospital. So if this kit end up becoming a success it might become a game changer. People that have become immune can go back to work with no fear of contracting the virus. In fact it would become a game changer for the whole world.
Re: UK's First Coronavirus Mega Hospital With 4,000 Beds And Cubicle (Pics) by Ashirioluwa: 3:49pm On Mar 28, 2020
Octopusssy:
Nigeria cannot do 1/10 of this, which is why this virus must not be allowed to go viral in this country otherwise the Italian experience will be a child's play compared to what will happen here.
True
Re: UK's First Coronavirus Mega Hospital With 4,000 Beds And Cubicle (Pics) by Mizwisdom(f): 3:57pm On Mar 28, 2020
tot:

To Explorers, everything oyinbo is perfect. I do question the motive of some of his threads. Painting the rosy picture of the perfect West. Smh.

This is what his followers can't see. Just take a look at the insults I'm receiving because I called him out

1 Like

Re: UK's First Coronavirus Mega Hospital With 4,000 Beds And Cubicle (Pics) by omooba969(m): 3:57pm On Mar 28, 2020
1StopRudeness:

Who is this one?? Are u alright?? Do u know who I voted for??

Would have been cool to name your preferred candidate instead of hiding behind undue suspense. grin

Next time, y'all will learn to vote honest & serious politicians into public offices. wink
Re: UK's First Coronavirus Mega Hospital With 4,000 Beds And Cubicle (Pics) by yeyeosoronga: 3:59pm On Mar 28, 2020
greenhulk:

But you know Nigeria has just 1 death so far, and less than a 100 infections and we're trying to prepare for the worst too, as it is.
The UK waited till so many were infected and dead before doing anything.
Now they're running helter skelter about.
Re: UK's First Coronavirus Mega Hospital With 4,000 Beds And Cubicle (Pics) by tot(f): 4:05pm On Mar 28, 2020
Mizwisdom:

This is what his followers can't see. Just take a look at the insults I'm receiving because I called him out

Don't mind them.
His followers are too naive to see or understand what he is doing. Particularly those that have never stepped foot outside the country. They think it's simply "beautiful" pictures.

Explorers is a classic Uncle Tom and he is doing what he is doing in a subtle manner.

1 Like

Re: UK's First Coronavirus Mega Hospital With 4,000 Beds And Cubicle (Pics) by Nobody: 4:10pm On Mar 28, 2020
omooba969:

Would have been cool to name your preferred candidate instead of hiding behind undue suspense. grin

Next time, y'all will learn to vote honest & serious politicians into public offices. wink

It would have been cool if u ddnt jump on me in a fallacious manner assuming u knew my action in the last election....u are highly condescending and that’s not a good .....
Re: UK's First Coronavirus Mega Hospital With 4,000 Beds And Cubicle (Pics) by Nobody: 4:11pm On Mar 28, 2020
yeyeosoronga:

But you know Nigeria has just 1 death so far, and less than a 100 infections and we're trying to prepare for the worst too, as it is.
The UK waited till so many were infected and dead before doing anything.
Now they're running helter skelter about.

Yea, I got u. I don't think Nigerians will take the stay at home things seriously until things start getting messy, or if the government enforce it using the military. It took a large number of infected and deaths in Italy before the Italians started taking social distancing seriously. 4 weeks ago an average Italian thinks its not possible for everyone to stay at home. But today if u ask an Italian to come outside he will tell u that u are on ur own. Their eyes don see, and I hope it doesn't get to that in Nigeria. India saw this and they had to use force to get people to stay at home. I still think the number of infected might be 2 times more than the number they are showing.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

150 People Died In Kano From An Unknown Disease / 15 Chinese Doctors Arrive In Nigeria / Alternative Methods To TTC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.