Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,150 members, 7,953,544 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 06:43 PM

Yoruba Gurus Your Help Is Needed - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Yoruba Gurus Your Help Is Needed (618 Views)

Please Help. Is The Condition I Gave My Girlfriend Too Harsh? / Help !! Is She Trying To Trick Me ???? / Confession: 'my House Help Is So Pretty, I Feel Insecure' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yoruba Gurus Your Help Is Needed by 2cul2care: 7:04pm On Mar 28, 2020
Pls what's the meaning of this name "AGEHMO" am not Yoruba and I need your help for the interpretation.

Thanks
Re: Yoruba Gurus Your Help Is Needed by Nobody: 7:06pm On Mar 28, 2020
2cul2care:
Pls what's the meaning of this name "AGEHMO" am not Yoruba and I need your help for the interpretation.

Thanks
chameleon
Re: Yoruba Gurus Your Help Is Needed by ShenTeh(m): 7:41pm On Mar 28, 2020
If you mean ^agemo^ then that's your ^chameleon^.

But the word not only relates to ^Chameleon^ as you know it. It is also used to refer to the ^igunuko^ masquerade, or the ^agemo^ masquerade. It is the symbol of a Yoruba cult and religious worship.

It is also very present in many Yoruba proverbs and symbolism to infer patience, long life, poison and reception.

A favourite example of yours truly is: iku npa alagemo ton fesopele rin, anbosibosi opolo to njanrae mole!

(Roughly translates as 'If death can be so ruthless to the easygoing chameleon, worse is the fate of the reckless frog!')

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Gurus Your Help Is Needed by 2cul2care: 4:47am On Mar 29, 2020
Thanks guys I was actually confused someone once told me it means chameleon and another told me it means masquerade, thanks for the clarification.

Anyother person with another interpretation or meaning to this word. "AGEMO"

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Gurus Your Help Is Needed by bayooz(m): 7:45am On Mar 29, 2020
Agemo is masquerade
Alagemo is a chameleon
2cul2care:
Thanks guys I was actually confused someone once told me it means chameleon and another told me it means masquerade, thanks for the clarification.

Anyother person with another interpretation or meaning to this word. "AGEMO"
Re: Yoruba Gurus Your Help Is Needed by Cholls(m): 8:07am On Mar 29, 2020
bayooz:
Agemo is masquerade
Alagemo is a chameleon
my brother stop trying to sound knowledgeable here. Op isn't asking about Odun Agemo masquerade. He asked to be told the excert meaning of AGEMO which Chameleon in Yoruba language.

And by the way; You saying Alagemo is also the same,as saying The Chameleon

(1) (Reply)

100 Happy New Month Messages, Wishes, Prayers For April 2020 / What Does This Picture Tell? / Do You Like My Profile Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.