Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,601 members, 7,809,185 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:40 AM

Dealing With The Coronavirus As A Christian: What You Must Know - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Dealing With The Coronavirus As A Christian: What You Must Know (15442 Views)

As A Christian, What Is Your Best Posture Or Position When Praying? / As A Christian What Will You Do If You Found This? / Did You Go To Church Today Amidst The Coronavirus Pandemic? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dealing With The Coronavirus As A Christian: What You Must Know by Nobody: 8:16am On Apr 05, 2020
DriggityDre:
I didn't sign an oath b4 I stepped in here but they would place it on every mooslem thread angry
seun needs to tell us the reason behind it
Re: Dealing With The Coronavirus As A Christian: What You Must Know by Vintage94(m): 8:18am On Apr 05, 2020
A fool says in his heart: There is no God
Re: Dealing With The Coronavirus As A Christian: What You Must Know by Nobody: 8:18am On Apr 05, 2020
Re: Dealing With The Coronavirus As A Christian: What You Must Know by GreatResearcher: 8:20am On Apr 05, 2020
unstoppable51:
It is no news that a virus “coronavirus” is currently spreading across the globe like wildfire. As with earthquakes, flooding, hurricanes and other natural disasters, opportunists are already taking advantage of the situation to say that God is the one using this particular virus to punish the world for their sins and force them to come back to Him.

On the other hand, those who do not believe in the existence or the goodness of God, are making it look like God doesn’t care about the world. “If He cares, why will He let such an evil thing come upon the same people He claims to love” they say.

If you continually give a listening ear to such, they will take away your eyes from the more deadlier diseases and infections that God has in the past delivered and given man the wisdom to keep them in check. Such statements will even make you forget the supernatural healings we have witnessed God perform on the behalf of those who trusted in Him.

Psa 103:2 Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits:
Psa 103:3 Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases;
Psa 103:4 Who redeemeth thy life from destruction; who crowneth thee with lovingkindness and tender mercies

Testimonies abound of people getting healed of medically incurable diseases. Very many of them. God has continually demonstrated His goodness in pulling men from the pangs of death, right there on their sick beds. Even when the doctors have given up on them. If He did it once, He can do it again and again, and again! We simply have to hold on to His promises.

From the activities of the virus, we are confident that God is definitely not behind it. And knowing this, we can be bold enough to reject it from our lives. By prayer and by common sense!

By prayer here, I mean praying for yourself and members of your family. That their lives are spared from this virus and every other one out there. That no harm by any means come upon them.

You also pray for the world, that the wisdom of God be given to our medical personnels who are out there in search of the cure. That the light of God shine on the right part for them. That they look and see the medical solutions, even in the least expected areas. That they leave no stone unturned, looking down on it and concluding that solutions cannot come from such.

Some sicknesses and viruses can be demonic. As is the case of the man we read about in the scriptures.

Mat_9:32 As they went out, behold, they brought to him a dumb man possessed with a devil.
Mat_9:33 And when the devil was cast out, the dumb spake: and the multitudes marvelled, saying, It was never so seen in Israel.

While the rest of the people saw the man as having a medical challenge. Jesus saw the challenge as spiritual and addressed it as such. So while we pray for the men working tirelessly in the medical field for a solution to this, let’s also pray that nothing supernatural hinders their efforts. Especially by causing the virus to spread even further, beyond control.

Apart from handling the outbreak spiritually, also apply common sense in your day to day activities when it comes to avoiding the virus. The essence of God giving us a brain is so that at moments like this we can use it and stay safe from certain things. Like my mentor use to say, “the blood of Jesus washed away our sins, not our brains.”

Abide by the safety and prevention guidelines being rolled out by our medical personnels whom God has given the wisdom to guide us at such a time. Do not put yourself and others in unnecessary danger and then blame God for the aftermaths. Learn about the virus from very reliable sources and don’t join others in spreading falsehood about it.

Most importantly, do not live in fear of the virus or the infections. Our God is well able and strong to heal and deliver us from it. He will give the scientists wisdom to find the medical cure for it. But even in the absence of that, we trust in His divine power to keep us.

We saw the rise and fall of anthrax, bird flu, ebola and the rest of them. In no distant time from now, we will see the end of the coronavirus too. It shall join the list of the viruses and diseases we have all seen and overcome.

While we wait on that, I pray “that both you and all that concerns you be kept safe at this time. That angels work tirelessly on your behalf spiritually and physically, to keep you very far from the virus.”

Never forget to apply common sense and abide by the health guidelines given by experts on this. Remember, Jesus washed away our sins, not our brains. And he did it for only one purpose- so we could use it.

Coronavirus is not God’s way of punishing or teaching the world any lesson. Quit attributing to God the very destructive works of the devil.

James_1:17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.

If it’s not good and perfect, it cannot and can never be from God!

I hope this blesses you!

Source: https://www.feedmejesus.com/2020/03/god-believer-and-coronavirus.html

Re: Dealing With The Coronavirus As A Christian: What You Must Know by netflicks(m): 8:22am On Apr 05, 2020
destinie2019:

NAIRALAND, KINDLY PUT A CHRISTIANITY FOR CHRISTIANS IN PLACE WHERE PEOPLE HAVE TO PROMISE ALLEGIANCE TO JESUS CHRIST BEFORE COMMENTING!!l!!!!

Thanks for speaking out

1 Like

Re: Dealing With The Coronavirus As A Christian: What You Must Know by Nobody: 8:25am On Apr 05, 2020
Happy Palm Sunday

Re: Dealing With The Coronavirus As A Christian: What You Must Know by Nobody: 8:27am On Apr 05, 2020
destinie2019:

NAIRALAND, KINDLY PUT A CHRISTIANITY FOR CHRISTIANS IN PLACE WHERE PEOPLE HAVE TO PROMISE ALLEGIANCE TO JESUS CHRIST BEFORE COMMENTING!!!!!!

You can let a bird fly over your head, but you don't have to let it build a skyscraper with airport on your head.

Ignore the atheist.
Re: Dealing With The Coronavirus As A Christian: What You Must Know by kem5795: 8:30am On Apr 05, 2020
Re: Dealing With The Coronavirus As A Christian: What You Must Know by Nobody: 8:31am On Apr 05, 2020
silvermania:
seun needs to tell us the reason behind it

1.Nairaland is majority Christian, and non-muslim

2.Muslim threads were being spammed by Christian and atheist edgelords.

3.In response to muslim complaints, Seun created the oath.(around 2013)

4.Mind you, I don't agree with the oath. Muslims need to be mature enough to ignore people out to abuse their religion...same for other beliefs. But at the same time, spamming religion threads to mock them is not right either...and shows the mocker to be immature.

5.Even then, atheist and christian edge lords still spam muslim threads.

1 Like

Re: Dealing With The Coronavirus As A Christian: What You Must Know by Harmored(m): 8:33am On Apr 05, 2020
DriggityDre:
I didn't sign an oath b4 I stepped in here but they would place it on every mooslem thread angry
. That's imam seun for you... He is a Muslim
Re: Dealing With The Coronavirus As A Christian: What You Must Know by YinkaGold02: 8:35am On Apr 05, 2020
God bless you
Re: Dealing With The Coronavirus As A Christian: What You Must Know by Harmored(m): 8:36am On Apr 05, 2020
kikero:

1.Nairaland is majority Christian, and non-muslim

2.Muslim threads were being spammed by Christian and atheist edgelords.

3.In response to muslim complaints, Seun created the oath.(around 2013)

4.Mind you, I don't agree with the oath. Muslims need to be mature enough to ignore people out to abuse their religion...same for other beliefs. But at the same time, spamming religion threads to mock them is not right either...and shows the mocker to be immature.

5.Even then, atheist and christian edge lords still spam muslim threads.

I don't understand, balance me here. Why can't there be an oath for Christians too
Re: Dealing With The Coronavirus As A Christian: What You Must Know by JaaizTech: 8:41am On Apr 05, 2020
DriggityDre:

That's because Muslims hardly come to christian threads to rain insults and curses
Re: Dealing With The Coronavirus As A Christian: What You Must Know by pressplay411(m): 8:42am On Apr 05, 2020
unstoppable51:

Coronavirus is not God’s way of punishing or teaching the world any lesson. Quit attributing to God the very destructive works of the devil.

Good piece.
However, here's my comment on the quoted.
God is not only Merciful, He is also Judgement.
Deut 32:39
2 Cor 12:7-9
1 Cor 10:13
Isaiah 53:10
1 Peter 5:10

However, this is not to affirm or support those attributing the coronavirus pandemic to God's punishment.
I believe God would have revealed such to his prophets first, which wasn't the case.
Re: Dealing With The Coronavirus As A Christian: What You Must Know by seedorfg(m): 8:44am On Apr 05, 2020
Nigeria will carry religion for head like gala.
Ehnn who do us like this gan sef.

Government will still come with their sakamanje again.
Re: Dealing With The Coronavirus As A Christian: What You Must Know by PapaAdanna: 8:44am On Apr 05, 2020
unstoppable51:
It is no news that a virus “coronavirus” is currently spreading across the globe like wildfire. As with earthquakes, flooding, hurricanes and other natural disasters, opportunists are already taking advantage of the situation to say that God is the one using this particular virus to punish the world for their sins and force them to come back to Him.

On the other hand, those who do not believe in the existence or the goodness of God, are making it look like God doesn’t care about the world. “If He cares, why will He let such an evil thing come upon the same people He claims to love” they say.

If you continually give a listening ear to such, they will take away your eyes from the more deadlier diseases and infections that God has in the past delivered and given man the wisdom to keep them in check. Such statements will even make you forget the supernatural healings we have witnessed God perform on the behalf of those who trusted in Him.

Psa 103:2 Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits:
Psa 103:3 Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases;
Psa 103:4 Who redeemeth thy life from destruction; who crowneth thee with lovingkindness and tender mercies

Testimonies abound of people getting healed of medically incurable diseases. Very many of them. God has continually demonstrated His goodness in pulling men from the pangs of death, right there on their sick beds. Even when the doctors have given up on them. If He did it once, He can do it again and again, and again! We simply have to hold on to His promises.

From the activities of the virus, we are confident that God is definitely not behind it. And knowing this, we can be bold enough to reject it from our lives. By prayer and by common sense!

By prayer here, I mean praying for yourself and members of your family. That their lives are spared from this virus and every other one out there. That no harm by any means come upon them.

You also pray for the world, that the wisdom of God be given to our medical personnels who are out there in search of the cure. That the light of God shine on the right part for them. That they look and see the medical solutions, even in the least expected areas. That they leave no stone unturned, looking down on it and concluding that solutions cannot come from such.

Some sicknesses and viruses can be demonic. As is the case of the man we read about in the scriptures.

Mat_9:32 As they went out, behold, they brought to him a dumb man possessed with a devil.
Mat_9:33 And when the devil was cast out, the dumb spake: and the multitudes marvelled, saying, It was never so seen in Israel.

While the rest of the people saw the man as having a medical challenge. Jesus saw the challenge as spiritual and addressed it as such. So while we pray for the men working tirelessly in the medical field for a solution to this, let’s also pray that nothing supernatural hinders their efforts. Especially by causing the virus to spread even further, beyond control.

Apart from handling the outbreak spiritually, also apply common sense in your day to day activities when it comes to avoiding the virus. The essence of God giving us a brain is so that at moments like this we can use it and stay safe from certain things. Like my mentor use to say, “the blood of Jesus washed away our sins, not our brains.”

Abide by the safety and prevention guidelines being rolled out by our medical personnels whom God has given the wisdom to guide us at such a time. Do not put yourself and others in unnecessary danger and then blame God for the aftermaths. Learn about the virus from very reliable sources and don’t join others in spreading falsehood about it.

Most importantly, do not live in fear of the virus or the infections. Our God is well able and strong to heal and deliver us from it. He will give the scientists wisdom to find the medical cure for it. But even in the absence of that, we trust in His divine power to keep us.

We saw the rise and fall of anthrax, bird flu, ebola and the rest of them. In no distant time from now, we will see the end of the coronavirus too. It shall join the list of the viruses and diseases we have all seen and overcome.

While we wait on that, I pray “that both you and all that concerns you be kept safe at this time. That angels work tirelessly on your behalf spiritually and physically, to keep you very far from the virus.”

Never forget to apply common sense and abide by the health guidelines given by experts on this. Remember, Jesus washed away our sins, not our brains. And he did it for only one purpose- so we could use it.

James_1:17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.

If it’s not good and perfect, it cannot and can never be from God!

I hope this blesses you!

Why is it that SEUN restricts participations on Islam posts by asking "are u a moslem?"
But every Christian post is open for everybody.

Those people are always extreme in their dealings and that's why they are ready to kill and ignorantly believe that is the way to heaven.

I thread with caution when I notice that some one is Islam, because most times they don't think before taking any action.

Liberalism in Christianity is not a sign of cowardice...

1 Like

Re: Dealing With The Coronavirus As A Christian: What You Must Know by pressplay411(m): 8:48am On Apr 05, 2020
Harmored:

I don't understand, balance me here. Why can't there be an oath for Christians too

Simply because, Islam is a volatile religion that encourages muslims to fight and kill for Allah.
Seun is just taking necessary precautions.

BTW, if you do have something to share in the islam section, why not click the oath knowing it's just words that you don't truly believe? Or do you see it as denouncing your faith?
Re: Dealing With The Coronavirus As A Christian: What You Must Know by Stephenmoka4(m): 8:48am On Apr 05, 2020
AntiChristian:
https://punchng.com/coronavirus-67-catholic-priests-die-in-italy/?amp=1
67 priests died of Coronavirus in Italy alone
Who do you think killed them?
A. Jehovah
B. Jesus
C. Satan
D. Coronavirus
It's obvious you stated died of coronavirus, so the answer is D. coronavirus

1 Like

Re: Dealing With The Coronavirus As A Christian: What You Must Know by LordReed(m): 8:48am On Apr 05, 2020
UceeGod:
If you believe God is the Master and Lord of the whole universe, if you believe nothing ever happens in the world without God's approval, then you must believe He allowed this for a reason. Divine retribution upon a rebellious race isn't a revenge and it won't be the first time God is judging humanity by allowing their own sins become the source of their punishment.

NB: this pandemic is only a tip of the iceberg, more deadly ones are coming but God has a way of protecting His righteous ones.

So why are Christians also dying from Covid-19?
Re: Dealing With The Coronavirus As A Christian: What You Must Know by Stephenmoka4(m): 8:48am On Apr 05, 2020
AntiChristian:
https://punchng.com/coronavirus-67-catholic-priests-die-in-italy/?amp=1
67 priests died of Coronavirus in Italy alone
Who do you think killed them?
A. Jehovah
B. Jesus
C. Satan
D. Coronavirus
It's obvious you stated died of coronavirus, so the answer is D. coronavirus
Re: Dealing With The Coronavirus As A Christian: What You Must Know by Stephenmoka4(m): 8:50am On Apr 05, 2020
LordReed:

So why are Christians also dying from Covid-19?
Covid-19 is a disease and Christan or no Christan, one can die from it
Re: Dealing With The Coronavirus As A Christian: What You Must Know by LordReed(m): 8:55am On Apr 05, 2020
Stephenmoka4:
Covid-19 is a disease and Christan or no Christan, one can die from it

Then according to the person I asked the question your god doesn't protect Christians from disease.

1 Like

Re: Dealing With The Coronavirus As A Christian: What You Must Know by Nobody: 8:55am On Apr 05, 2020
UceeGod:
If you believe God is the Master and Lord of the whole universe, if you believe nothing ever happens in the world without God's approval, then you must believe He allowed this for a reason. Divine retribution upon a rebellious race isn't a revenge and it won't be the first time God is judging humanity by allowing their own sins become the source of their punishment.

NB: this pandemic is only a tip of the iceberg, more deadly ones are coming but God has a way of protecting His righteous ones.

Yes, all the people dying are unrighteous sinners
Re: Dealing With The Coronavirus As A Christian: What You Must Know by InvertedHammer: 8:55am On Apr 05, 2020
/
People quote the Bible to affirm their beliefs in Jesus Christ.

Bible is the holy book of Christians. Do they really expect it to say something different?

I never understand that line of argument. How can Christians convince non-believers if the latter believe that the book you are quoting is fiction? And round and round the quotes go...still centered on the same Bible. Where is the counter-argument? It doesn't help that the one trying to convince you holds the Bible as the absolute truth because his or her parents bore him/her into Christianity.

The greatest law in the Bible: Love thy neighbour as thyself. Yet Catholics cannot stand Prorestants who cannot stand Pentecostals who cannot stand orisiri sects.

The only reason Nigerians embrace religion or do I say christianity wholeheartedly is because it promotes laziness and absolves them of any responsibilities. Corona at the door? Pray! Caught in crime? Blame the devil. They don't have to lift a finger to direct the course of their lives.

\
Re: Dealing With The Coronavirus As A Christian: What You Must Know by Nobody: 8:57am On Apr 05, 2020
Harmored:

Having an oath on Islam threads on Nairaland did not stop the atheists and some Christians from commenting/spamming said threads. So, even if Seun puts an oath on Christian sites...what stops a non-Christian from creating another moniker to troll Christian threads??
Re: Dealing With The Coronavirus As A Christian: What You Must Know by Stephenmoka4(m): 9:03am On Apr 05, 2020
LordReed:

Then according to the person I asked the question your god doesn't protect Christians from disease.
Coronavirus do affect the physical part of man as it's
consider somewhat a natural attribute (diseases). Children
or no children of God, there are other natural things that
have been happening and can tamper with the physical e.g,
flood, earthquake, volcanic eruption. You don't expect a man
to throw a stick to a pride of lions and wave to them
expecting the lions to applaud him. Faith without work is in
vain. There are cases where Jesus nearly got attacked but,
he left for safety. The physical nature of man needs to be
taken care of. Man is
blessed with certain amount of wisdom and knowledge to
work on his nature. In conclusion diseases can affect any
mortal man where Christian, Muslim or others. Diseases of
various kind existed long ago.
Re: Dealing With The Coronavirus As A Christian: What You Must Know by MrNipplesLover(m): 9:04am On Apr 05, 2020
Thank

You,

Father
Re: Dealing With The Coronavirus As A Christian: What You Must Know by Harmored(m): 9:06am On Apr 05, 2020
kikero:

Having an oath on Islam threads on Nairaland did not stop the atheists and some Christians from commenting/spamming said threads. So, even if Seun puts an oath on Christian sites...what stops a non-Christian from creating another moniker to troll Christian threads??

Then why not just remove the oath thing since it's not working, i believe each religion should be equal and anyone who wants to troll should be banned

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Did You Notice Some Guys Who Play Instruments In Church Don't Give Offering? / Pope Francis Issues Dire Warning To Humanity ( Pics) / Pastors: 10 Things You Must NEVER Do, No Matter What

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.