Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,785 members, 7,820,753 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:52 PM

Negotiating Bends At High Speed - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Negotiating Bends At High Speed (5096 Views)

What To Do When A Tyre Bursts At High Speed / Negotiating Car Price With A Dealer: Top Tips To Know / Most Important Rules To Know When Driving At High Speed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Negotiating Bends At High Speed by olumzzz(m): 12:07pm On Apr 04, 2020
komekn:

I have gone way faster in a Mercedes-Benz ML63 AMG. Fast enough to have lost my license.

It really depends on the bend thier are bends and there are bends, " bend get grade"
I'm talking about bends like this

Re: Negotiating Bends At High Speed by nurey(m): 12:07pm On Apr 04, 2020
komekn:

The Navigator is essentially a Ford Expedition with upgrades.

The air suspension is not like the Cayenne and or the Range Rover. It's not set up for performance driving on tarmac.

Not sure which year model you are talking about but it's still a truck. Anybody driving that briskly through corners, has a "DEATH WISH"

I still did though grin 120km isn't a very fast speed for a 32intech V8. The vehicle is heavy too so it can take bends and corners at that speed easily but not sharp ones.
Re: Negotiating Bends At High Speed by KINGreignn: 12:24pm On Apr 04, 2020
komekn:

The Navigator is essentially a Ford Expedition with upgrades.

The air suspension is not like the Cayenne and or the Range Rover. It's not set up for performance driving on tarmac.

Not sure which year model you are talking about but it's still a truck. Anybody driving that briskly through corners, has a "DEATH WISH"
97 navigator.
Re: Negotiating Bends At High Speed by foolbuster: 2:52pm On Apr 04, 2020
nurey:

Fallacy of Generalization.

I have navigate bends at 120km/h in a Lincoln Navigator.

It is not a German thing you have not just driven other better cars from other manufacturers. God deliver Nigerian from the shackles of tohyortaa kamury and korola grin

Re: Negotiating Bends At High Speed by foolbuster: 3:11pm On Apr 04, 2020
Re: Negotiating Bends At High Speed by foolbuster: 3:11pm On Apr 04, 2020
Kids reading this now will go and carry navigator and attempt to negotiate a bend at 120km/hr and nurey you think say you go make heaven grin

3 Likes

Re: Negotiating Bends At High Speed by nurey(m): 3:22pm On Apr 04, 2020
foolbuster:
Kids reading this now will go and carry navigator and attempt to negotiate a bend at 120km/hr and nurey you think say you go make heaven grin

There are bends in road

There are curved roads

There are corners in road

There are winding roads which are bends in S shape example of such roads is lagos Abeokuta express.

Curved road is dangerous and I can't navigate it at high speed whether with suv or sedan such is the okenne bypass when heading to the north.

Drive responsibly and respect other road users.
Re: Negotiating Bends At High Speed by HeavenlyBang(m): 3:33pm On Apr 04, 2020
foolbuster:

Leave am. I no wan just put mouth for the talk.

Try that at your own risk. We no go kuku come burial, na lockdown we dey on.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Negotiating Bends At High Speed by foolbuster: 3:51pm On Apr 04, 2020
nurey:

There are bends in road

There are curved roads

There are corners in road

There are winding roads which are bends in S shape example of such roads is lagos Abeokuta express.

Curved road is dangerous and I can't navigate it at high speed whether with suv or sedan such is the okenne bypass when heading to the north.

Drive responsibly and respect other road users.

Nurey leave talk abeg. Even Schumacher and co must match brake when they are approaching a bend at 120km in a factory default Lincoln navigator.
Re: Negotiating Bends At High Speed by KINGreignn: 3:58pm On Apr 04, 2020
olumzzz:

Bros, you wicket shocked
Na die be this na
Re: Negotiating Bends At High Speed by nurey(m): 4:00pm On Apr 04, 2020
foolbuster:

Nurey leave talk abeg. Even Schumacher and co must match brake when they are approaching a bend at 120km in a factory default Lincoln navigator.

Seems you don't know what a bend is, it will do you good to know the meaning and application before you try to prove an individual wrong.

You can't differentiate a curved road, a bend in a road, a corner road and you call yourself a driver with a driving license grin
Re: Negotiating Bends At High Speed by foolbuster: 4:10pm On Apr 04, 2020
nurey:

Seems you don't know what a bend is, it will do you good to know the meaning and application before you try to prove an individual wrong.

You can't differentiate a curved road, a bend in a road, a corner road and you call yourself a driver with a driving license grin

E no dey had una to start fight. Continue speaking english.
Re: Negotiating Bends At High Speed by nurey(m): 4:14pm On Apr 04, 2020
foolbuster:

E no dey had una to start fight. Continue speaking english.

Had I known you were the man with several monikers I would just leave you alone. I no dey fight you, you have a right to disbelieve and a right to view your opinion grin

If you are not comfortable with me speaking English I can speak Arabic, Hausa and Yoruba just specify the one you are comfortable with.
Re: Negotiating Bends At High Speed by foolbuster: 4:36pm On Apr 04, 2020
nurey:

Had I known you were the man with several monikers I would just leave you alone. I no dey fight you, you have a right to disbelieve and a right to view your opinion grin

If you are not comfortable with me speaking English I can speak Arabic, Hausa and Yoruba just specify the one you are comfortable with.

Whatever man. No be fight abeg.
We are not stupid thou and we all know what you meant when you lied that you negotiated a bend at 120km in a Lincoln navigator. James bond i salute you. No need for the long lecture on wetin bend be.
Re: Negotiating Bends At High Speed by nurey(m): 4:46pm On Apr 04, 2020
foolbuster:

We are not stupid thou and we all know what you meant when you lied that you negotiated a bend at 120km in a Lincoln navigator. James bond i salute you. No need for the long lecture on wetin bend be.

Whatever I don't need to justify anything to anybody, it's my life and my ride grin
Re: Negotiating Bends At High Speed by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:59pm On Apr 04, 2020
gbas gbos everywhere..... grin

2 Likes

Re: Negotiating Bends At High Speed by olumzzz(m): 6:05pm On Apr 04, 2020
KINGreignn:

Bros, you wicket shocked
Na die be this na
Lol. But drifting go well here
Re: Negotiating Bends At High Speed by olumzzz(m): 6:21pm On Apr 04, 2020
Abeg na which kind car get this gear?

Re: Negotiating Bends At High Speed by Kelvin30286063(m): 7:22pm On Apr 04, 2020
If you live in Akure, you will know all the bends along Oba Ile area... I use to run that bend at 120... I drive an Honda accord 2012... So what are you talking about?
Re: Negotiating Bends At High Speed by Kelvin30286063(m): 7:24pm On Apr 04, 2020
olumzzz:
That's probably an heavy duty vehicle. Those gears are not for driving alone. They work for forks and all the machineries
Re: Negotiating Bends At High Speed by HeavenlyBang(m): 8:16pm On Apr 04, 2020
Everyone takes bends at 120km/hr on the Internet.

2 Likes

Re: Negotiating Bends At High Speed by sultaan(m): 8:39pm On Apr 04, 2020
foolbuster:

Who is 'we' ?

Legion!

2 Likes

Re: Negotiating Bends At High Speed by KINGreignn: 8:46pm On Apr 04, 2020
HeavenlyBang:
Everyone takes bends at 120km/hr on the Internet.

Gbas gbos
Re: Negotiating Bends At High Speed by KINGreignn: 8:47pm On Apr 04, 2020
Kelvin30286063:
If you live in Akure, you will know all the bends along Oba Ile area... [s]I use to urn that bend at 120... I drive an Honda accord 2012... So what are you talking about[/s]?
Re: Negotiating Bends At High Speed by foolbuster: 8:55pm On Apr 04, 2020
sultaan:

Who is 'we' ?

Legion!

Don't be silly.
Re: Negotiating Bends At High Speed by olumzzz(m): 9:25pm On Apr 04, 2020
Kelvin30286063:
If you live in Akure, you will know all the bends along Oba Ile area... I use to run that bend at 120... I drive an Honda accord 2012... So what are you talking about?
I don't know what you define as bends but you can see the road picture i posted. Na that type curve we dey talk about.

David Beckham curve.

Re: Negotiating Bends At High Speed by Themandalorian: 11:52pm On Apr 04, 2020
olumzzz:
I think the picture is fake cos truck gears don't look that. So its definitely a car but with a Photoshop gear.
Re: Negotiating Bends At High Speed by nurey(m): 6:52am On Apr 05, 2020
olumzzz:

I don't know what you define as bends but you can see the road picture i posted. Na that type curve we dey talk about.

David Beckham curve.

That is a U curved road no vehicle can take that at even 50km/h without losing control.

Bends are supposed to be more gentle than your picture in page 4
Re: Negotiating Bends At High Speed by nakoks(m): 7:33am On Apr 05, 2020
olumzzz:

Bros,this is a U- turn not a bend.
Re: Negotiating Bends At High Speed by olumzzz(m): 8:06am On Apr 05, 2020
nurey:

That is a U curved road no vehicle can take that at even 50km/h without losing control.

Bends are supposed to be more gentle than your picture in page 4
Oya for educational purpose, kindly give pictures of bends, corners and curves
Re: Negotiating Bends At High Speed by nurey(m): 8:14am On Apr 05, 2020
olumzzz:

Oya for educational purpose, kindly give pictures of bends, corners and curves

Check your hand book given to you by the MVAA it contains the answer to your questions.

Ciao
Re: Negotiating Bends At High Speed by AshipaEk0: 10:43am On Apr 05, 2020
The off-ramp from 3rd MB to Adekunle, Yaba

na bend or curve or corner?

cos i might have done that at 110kmph on more than one occasion in a SUV

doesn't feel great beyond that speed though i imagine it was mostly a mind thing

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Updated .....Hyundia Elantra 07, (2.0 limited)Vs Honda Civic 07(1.8) / Creamy Oil in radiator problem [SOLVED] Honda Accord 2004 / Best Option For Uber 406 Vs Honda EOD Vs Benz C Class

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.