Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,901 members, 7,817,666 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:47 PM

USA Approves 5-Minute Test For Coronavirus - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / USA Approves 5-Minute Test For Coronavirus (49690 Views)

USA Approves Chloroquine For Emergency COVID-19 Treatment / Dog Tests Positive For Coronavirus In Hong Kong / U.S Is Not Prepared For Coronavirus - Health Worker, Maureen Dugan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Approves 5-Minute Test For Coronavirus by salford1: 4:32pm On Mar 29, 2020
Seun:
This is lovely. As I keep saying, we should be on the phone with any company or country that can possibly provide us with efficient tests. Coronavirus is a fast moving virus and fast testing is crucial to keeping it contained. The faster we can test, the faster we can start tracing an infected person’s contacts and stop wasting the time of people who are not infected.
Can Nigeria afford it?
After all the politicians have chopped the money.

1 Like

Re: USA Approves 5-Minute Test For Coronavirus by Nobody: 4:33pm On Mar 29, 2020
chatinent:
Excuse me, if the US. does not approve of a medication, it cannot be used? Who da hell are the US?

The US FDA only approves stuff for use within the US. Same way NAFDAC will approve such or use in Nigeria.

The thing is that most countries trust the FDA, hence, when they approve a product, other countries are comfortable using it without extensive investigations of their own

4 Likes

Re: USA Approves 5-Minute Test For Coronavirus by Nairalandmonika: 4:33pm On Mar 29, 2020
todugo:
Goodnews grin grin
How does this concern Nigeria, ncdc has said it's not using any of the US or German fast test kit until it's approved by who. They have to wait for who for Everything, useless people.
Re: USA Approves 5-Minute Test For Coronavirus by Nairalandmonika: 4:36pm On Mar 29, 2020
bjtinz:
Very good news. Knowing how rigorous the FDA is, then one is assured it would meet the necessary specs.

Equally good to see it's not the usual antibody test, but one that can detect the viral protein directly.

I truly hope we can get some here asap, as we desperately need to scale up testing.
Sorry to burst ur bubbles, but ncdc said it yesterday they will only use what who approved.
Re: USA Approves 5-Minute Test For Coronavirus by Nobody: 4:37pm On Mar 29, 2020
US has been thru perilous times from World War, Vietnam War, Saddam Hussein, Boston bombings, 9-11 and they came out still strong, this is to say this menace of Chinese virus is nearing an end. They suffered good times, bad times, and they still are remaining number 1, that's to tell you that no matter what, they'd come out successful.
God is most definitely on their side. TBH

3 Likes

Re: USA Approves 5-Minute Test For Coronavirus by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:41pm On Mar 29, 2020
legalwealth:
Good! !!

USA is not that mean.

They could sell the patent to a Chinese company wink
Re: USA Approves 5-Minute Test For Coronavirus by Angelfrost(m): 4:41pm On Mar 29, 2020
bionixs:
by the time US recuperates, china may be struggling

See this one... Living in denial! grin

China is already in business... By the time US wakes up from this bad dream, China will be miles ahead!!!
Re: USA Approves 5-Minute Test For Coronavirus by Nobody: 4:42pm On Mar 29, 2020
januzaj:
This is good. We are getting there. From testing kits, it will get to vaccine. African countries only wait for others to make breakthrough in everything without doing anything.
Are you not an African? You can also produce something. Don't make it seem as if you're also not a part of "African countries."

3 Likes

Re: USA Approves 5-Minute Test For Coronavirus by Nobody: 4:42pm On Mar 29, 2020
bionixs:
by the time US recuperates, china may be struggling

I swear, economic bans here and there. It's only Africa they have to be their saviour.

1 Like

Re: USA Approves 5-Minute Test For Coronavirus by legalwealth(m): 4:42pm On Mar 29, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

They could sell the patent to a Chinese company wink

Exactly
Re: USA Approves 5-Minute Test For Coronavirus by sniperr007(m): 4:43pm On Mar 29, 2020
Davash222:
I'm not impressed until they approve a device/vaccine that will eliminate the virus in 5 minutes.

Will take a year to create the vaccine.
Re: USA Approves 5-Minute Test For Coronavirus by joyandfaith: 4:44pm On Mar 29, 2020
gimakon:

US will win in the end. Trust me..

Of course. US will win. After the pandemic, US will harass more nations economically. Many nations are rushing to IMF and World Bank for loans and grants. US is a major stakeholder in both world financial institutions.

3 Likes

Re: USA Approves 5-Minute Test For Coronavirus by Babatunde40(m): 4:44pm On Mar 29, 2020
Davash222:
I'm not impressed until they approve a device/vaccine that will eliminate the virus in 5 minutes.

What happened to your own brain. Can't you figure out the vaccine. Must you wait for another country to solve your own problems everytime. They did 5mins test kit. Be satisfied with that. At least it is cheaper than ventilators

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Approves 5-Minute Test For Coronavirus by Adex2442: 4:46pm On Mar 29, 2020
januzaj:
This is good. We are getting there. From testing kits, it will get to vaccine. African countries only wait for others to make breakthrough in everything without doing anything.

If there were no white men, wahala for dey o

1 Like

Re: USA Approves 5-Minute Test For Coronavirus by Urhobokwaleboy(m): 4:46pm On Mar 29, 2020
A Nigga Once Said: Nice one. While other country are busy looking for solution to Covid-19 my own country is busy digging out prophetic sayings to prove it's end time...

To the extend that the otobolised man is saying worst will happen in 2022, yet never saw the one that will happen in 2020...
Re: USA Approves 5-Minute Test For Coronavirus by StagethemTVee: 4:48pm On Mar 29, 2020
This is good
Re: USA Approves 5-Minute Test For Coronavirus by AdaNonye: 4:48pm On Mar 29, 2020
januzaj:

Your correct. This means we've gotten one more thing about the virus right. With all the success stories of using zinc and quinine based drugs, I'm sure an antidote wont take too ling again
Re: USA Approves 5-Minute Test For Coronavirus by verifiablefacts: 4:50pm On Mar 29, 2020
Mynd44:
A USA company, Abbott, has received authorization from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration for the fastest available molecular point-of-care test for the detection of novel coronavirus (COVID-19), delivering positive results in as little as five minutes and negative results in 13 minutes.

What makes this test so different is where it can be used: outside the four walls of a traditional hospital such as in the physicians' office or urgent care clinics.

The test runs on a lightweight box (6.6 pounds and the size of a small toaster) that can sit in a variety of locations.

Because of its small size, it can be used in more non-traditional places where people can have their results in a matter of minutes.

They are ramping up production to deliver 50,000 ID NOW COVID-19 tests per day, beginning next week, to the U.S. healthcare system.

"Through the incredible work of teams across Abbott, we expect to deliver 50,000 COVID-19 tests per day to healthcare professionals on the front lines, where testing capabilities are needed most," said Chris Scoggins, senior vice president, Rapid Diagnostics, Abbott.

https://www.abbott.com/corpnewsroom/product-and-innovation/detect-covid-19-in-as-little-as-5-minutes.html
Americans with their propaganda, Trump said they have the vaccine but their case is still getting worse.People like Putin are quiet but with good results.

Let's see how this kits will reach other countries.
Re: USA Approves 5-Minute Test For Coronavirus by Nobody: 4:52pm On Mar 29, 2020
joyandfaith:

Of course. US will win. After the pandemic, US will harass more nations economically. Many nations are rushing to IMF and World Bank for loans and grants. US is a major stakeholder in both world financial institutions.

Ya, make them help me Fuck_ china up. Ndi ahu A dika useless.

1 Like

Re: USA Approves 5-Minute Test For Coronavirus by macmiral: 4:54pm On Mar 29, 2020
USA WhatsApp number available dm me on WhatsApp +19293336964
Re: USA Approves 5-Minute Test For Coronavirus by ivolt: 4:54pm On Mar 29, 2020
SenecaTheYonger:

If you want to win America in war, just mix your soldiers in with civilians (like what Vietnam did)

That is not necessary.
Koreans did not mix military with civilians and America still lost

It's easy because Americans respect human right and can't kill civilians on purpose. I don't think that will work for the Chinese or Russians.
That is not true.
No modern invasion army kill civilians on purpose.
Even the pretense of human right is no longer the case in the US as Trump
routinely pardons soldiers involved in war crimes.

I hope that china takes over USA one day so that we can finally understand how wonder the CCP is.
China can never take over the USA as the USA has never taken over China.
A war between big powers will be economical or proxy, not direct.
Re: USA Approves 5-Minute Test For Coronavirus by Divineayo(m): 4:57pm On Mar 29, 2020
Davash222:
Who gives a bleep whether you are impressed or not. The fact is improvement is been made and the end of the virus is near

1 Like

Re: USA Approves 5-Minute Test For Coronavirus by ivolt: 4:57pm On Mar 29, 2020
Nairalandmonika:

How does this concern Nigeria, ncdc has said it's not using any of the US or German fast test kit until it's approved by who. They have to wait for who for Everything, useless people.
That is just a face saving statement.
The NCDC is broke and can't afford those kits.

They will gladly accept those kits if they are freely distributed.

The problem is money and not WHO approval after all, Jack Ma personally
donated materials from China to Nigeria without going through the WHO.

2 Likes

Re: USA Approves 5-Minute Test For Coronavirus by Bankerboy: 4:58pm On Mar 29, 2020
januzaj:
but you are an african and you are also waiting. . .

1 Like

Re: USA Approves 5-Minute Test For Coronavirus by lagdmark(m): 5:00pm On Mar 29, 2020
ivolt:

It did not pass through the normal FDA process.

Sort of.

We don't know how much it costs.
Given that USA made items are usually overpriced, our government may not be able to afford it.

Also, since Trump is a USA-only president, there is very little chance of him working with the
WHO to make it available to third world countries if the device end up working well.

Don't worry, the days America claim monopoly of any products are gone. China and other countries will definitely make it affordable for Africans
Re: USA Approves 5-Minute Test For Coronavirus by linearity: 5:01pm On Mar 29, 2020
chatinent:
Excuse me, if the US. does not approve of a medication, it cannot be used? Who da hell are the US?

Your assertions are not true. FDA only approves medicine or medical equipment that are intended to be consumed locally in the US.

Nigeria and other countries have their own approval mechanism which are not subjected to US nod.
Re: USA Approves 5-Minute Test For Coronavirus by seanwilliam(m): 5:03pm On Mar 29, 2020
Seun:
This is lovely. As I keep saying, we should be on the phone with any company or country that can possibly provide us with efficient tests. Coronavirus is a fast moving virus and fast testing is crucial to keeping it contained. The faster we can test, the faster we can start tracing an infected person’s contacts and stop wasting the time of people who are not infected.
sure
Re: USA Approves 5-Minute Test For Coronavirus by zoe123: 5:04pm On Mar 29, 2020
Davash222:
Who asked you to be impressed? What have you contributed to this fight since it began.
Re: USA Approves 5-Minute Test For Coronavirus by Emmerlee(m): 5:04pm On Mar 29, 2020
Davash222:

Keep waiting for others to do for you.. is your hand and head any less effective? It can be put to other better use too aside judging others like a thin god undecided

1 Like

Re: USA Approves 5-Minute Test For Coronavirus by linearity: 5:04pm On Mar 29, 2020
lagdmark:

Don't worry, the days America claim monopoly of any products are gone. China and other countries will definitely make it affordable for Africans

The pandemic originated in China before US and have seen to have turned a corner now, based on available stats. How many of these equipment and technologies have they shipped or shared with Africa up to date?

1 Like

Re: USA Approves 5-Minute Test For Coronavirus by Davash222(m): 5:05pm On Mar 29, 2020
zoe123:

Who asked you to be impressed? What have you contributed to this fight since it began.
I’ve been staying at home. Isn’t that enough contribution
Re: USA Approves 5-Minute Test For Coronavirus by bionixs: 5:06pm On Mar 29, 2020
Angelfrost:

See this one... Living in denial! grin

China is already in business... By the time US wakes up from this bad dream, China will be miles ahead!!!
Oga, it is not about running off to open shop first. It is all about what you have in the wallet by the close of shop. All America should do is just to warn the world of buying Chinese coronavirus infested goods and you and I will avoid it like a plague. You know as I do that even the relief Jack Ma brought to Nigeria is being suspected by many and the suspicion is going viral. this is just one out of many strategies. Would China deny that the plague didn't originate from them? Don't forget that there is another virus that has already claimed a life last week in same China. you can Google it or make enquiries. Na so una say America don buy market when they took out an Iranian general. I hope you know how it ended. All the rest of the world should do now is to go into manufacturing. Before you know it, China will be struggling. Don't forget most of these countries are tied to American's apron. China na copy copy technology. America is the real deal. hate them or love them. They made most of them, including china

3 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Worms Attack South African Boy For "Failing To Iron His Clothe" (Disturbing Pic) / Photos: What Kind Of Skin Disease Is This? / #TrashChallenge: See What Young Nigerians Are Doing With Trash In Their Areas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.