Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,959 members, 7,810,653 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:47 PM

What's The Most Painful Thing Someone Ever Said To You? - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What's The Most Painful Thing Someone Ever Said To You? (60314 Views)

The Most Painful Thing Your Spouse Said or Did To You That Still Hurts You? / Most Painful Thing Done To You By Your Parents / What's The Most Painful Thing Your Mother Ever Said To You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The Most Painful Thing Someone Ever Said To You? by Samabu07(m): 1:12am On Apr 03, 2020
Honeydenz:

Lol, I won't answer you Mr punctuation error judge. I hope you know there's what we call 'typing error'? Additionally, am a science student and not an English graduate. However, 100 of your miserable species combined can't stand me in spoken English. Idiot!
It's possible to avoid the poster. Not everything post needs a reply.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What's The Most Painful Thing Someone Ever Said To You? by Bornfool(m): 1:16am On Apr 03, 2020
So painful they will abuse me If you get money, money no go fit you because you are to broke and your body shape look like prisoner own.
Re: What's The Most Painful Thing Someone Ever Said To You? by Candoit: 1:16am On Apr 03, 2020
I personally think you should be grateful to your aunt. Her outspokenness towards you made u fight to ensure you didn't end up like she said.
She didn't say that for nothing. You must have really allowed youth exuberance to carry u away then.
About her own children, it's sad. Most mothers are weaker towards disciplining their own children. It's just unfortunate.
She was a gift to you.

3 Likes

Re: What's The Most Painful Thing Someone Ever Said To You? by IME1: 1:17am On Apr 03, 2020
foleskay:

You might have frustrated the hell out of her. No mother wishes bad for her child. You must have done something terrible that's why she's even still bothered about you up till now

What kind of response to that post is this?

No mother?
You must have!
That's why?

If you have a darling mother not all do lipsrsealed
Not all mothers are saints haba are all children saints? Or even fathers?
If you are a mother and that person's post is bothering you, keep it to your chest.

It's like when people complain about an encounter with a tribe and all the tribesmen come to defend their person as though they are infallible or incapable of such, baffles me.
Take it from me there are women who are bad mothers with no underlying reason.
Why should you allow any reason to make you hate?

I lost my sister to assassins in a particular state and region in Nigeria but I had a choice to either hate them, hate the place, hate everything about them or choose to forgive, move on and leave it in God's hands. Mind you, there is no justification for doing wrong to another who wronged you. See how you passed judgment on the girl you don't know as though you know her mother since birth angry angry angry

Meanwhile let me just add for the sake of it not like I care about bad or painful words because if left in the memory it festers and causes resentment, hate and malice

Someone who was stranded from entering the person's house came to my closet and selected my clothes to use in my presence I approved.
Only for the person to later say I'm smelling because I'd just come from my rigorous work sweating.
The person had said this before, even where people were there and I said if no other person feels so it means you have a particular kind of nose or you are just ...

Fast forward to the second insult, I just jejely went and collected my clothes from the person whether dirty or clean and left. On top of that the person was ranting and insulting.
I just laughed!
I didn't do it to revenge but to cut lies with someone bold and bad enough to use my clothes and make such insulting comment. It's like you give someone your car or let someone stay in your house and they mess it up without remorse, not even the world will tell you to continue with that person. Move on with what you own, it's not vengeance it's common sense and wisdom. Such people can use your property to try and hurt you. embarassed

Some humans are caustic and I'm guided by the Bible.
The Bible says so many things about using words, the tongue and giving account of every idle word.
So I'm particular about insults, abuse and curses.
You won't see me with them - giving, reacting, responding or applauding others.
Even where Some people deserve them though- some politicians, some parents, some children, some spouses, some celebrities, some clergy, some NLders cheesy, some mods tongue , all criminals (Robin Hood kind or whatever) - but it's not for us to do as much as we can.

Words are powerful. I feel if I curse someone who probably wanted to rob me and deserves the curse and I go ahead and curse and it comes to pass I've not succeeded in much. All the curses some reign on NEPA, Police and politicians and Nigeria, how have they caused a positive change?

So use your words to bless, make others smile, build others and even yourself, speak words of love, inspiration, motivation and encouragement

8 Likes

Re: What's The Most Painful Thing Someone Ever Said To You? by Samabu07(m): 1:18am On Apr 03, 2020
AgentNairaland:
That Mr Abba Kyari Is Dead, Walie It Pain Me En
Are you sure?
Re: What's The Most Painful Thing Someone Ever Said To You? by juniorstar(m): 1:18am On Apr 03, 2020
AgentNairaland:
That Mr Abba Kyari Is Dead, Walie It Pain Me En
is dis true?
Re: What's The Most Painful Thing Someone Ever Said To You? by Albertone(m): 1:31am On Apr 03, 2020
Honeydenz:
Today makes it exactly 5 years one of my aunts said a very painful word to me which I can never forget.

She said and I quote "the rate at which you are going this girl, 5 years from now you would have become a mother of 4 kids, all borne out of wedlock"

Today I have been able to prove her wrong, doing my masters program now whereas two of her daughters are university , as a result of unwanted pregnancy.

Hmmmm... How time flies, share yours.
Really? Your aunt went out of bounds.
But for her to utter such,maybe she was seeing waywardness in you.I'm glad you proved her wrong.
Come to think of it, her statement might be what made you strive for what you are today.

Sometimes,harsh words might be a blessing in disguise.It will push you to prove the sayer wrong thereby making your life better.
Re: What's The Most Painful Thing Someone Ever Said To You? by Mykel51(m): 1:39am On Apr 03, 2020
Ibechris2:

I like ladies like u...hit them hard. Who English help. Is my father from England abi na my mama. How many English language studies made Buhari the President?

See,until u move the country round, then u will know that illiterates had been ruling this country since the colonial days. Certificate has failed us in this part of the world.

Illiterates are ruling us...I agree

Certificates have failed... I agree

That is the major reason the country is the laughing stock of earth... A failed nation in every area of life.
Re: What's The Most Painful Thing Someone Ever Said To You? by Nobody: 1:40am On Apr 03, 2020
iamdrfresh:
"you're a nice guy and you're really presentable but I'm in a very serious relationship"

3years later. It still echoes in my mind!
Damn.. how did you survived that? Thank God for your life man. You missed a point blank trigger from a cold blooded moll. Many including myself could have reacted differently by ending up in a chemical shop or the nearest cliff.

Re: What's The Most Painful Thing Someone Ever Said To You? by mathy2p2: 1:44am On Apr 03, 2020
A girl I was dating before, though we never promise getting married to each other. She even told me she has a guy in Dubai she is waiting for. when she notice I have started preparing for my wedding of which I dully informed her, she started telling people that I rapped her. To the extend that she arrange she arrange guyz to fight me. But the end I lock the guys , including her in police on watch night and xmass day. No xmass for them.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Most Painful Thing Someone Ever Said To You? by lilyheaven: 1:48am On Apr 03, 2020
foleskay:

You might have frustrated the hell out of her. No mother wishes bad for her child. You must have done something terrible that's why she's even still bothered about you up till now
Honestly, for a mother to say such means she was a terrible to behold.
But she won't say what she did before her mother said such.
Re: What's The Most Painful Thing Someone Ever Said To You? by Nobody: 1:50am On Apr 03, 2020
Goldenheart:
grin

Back in 2008

She said she didn't have my number anymore because her contact was full and she needed to delete someone...
da fuq did she even had to tell you that for? You must have been a really ruthless bug in her as*..l've seen countless classless & clumsy dudes like that. No offense intended.

Re: What's The Most Painful Thing Someone Ever Said To You? by Albertone(m): 1:52am On Apr 03, 2020
Theconglomerate:
you are indeed a stupid person and might not amount to anything in life if you carry on like this.
Even at Shell,you will always be someone's errand boy till you pull your weight up.
Give yourself brain and learn to serve.
Did you read the part where he said he wasn't shown the rudiments of the job, his main aim of coming there?And what kind of service is buying food,packing shoe?A graduate not an errand boy!
So you mean as an engineering graduate employed at shell, you can actually perform the duties of an erand boy?

And your reply is so mean,that is not a proper way of correcting.It shows you need to learn interpersonal skills. You can't handle a leadership position this way.
Tschüss

4 Likes

Re: What's The Most Painful Thing Someone Ever Said To You? by Nobody: 1:52am On Apr 03, 2020
The day my employer told that am slow,unproductive & lazy.as soon as i got home i was in tears praying to God to change my situation.such hurtful & demeaning words for a meagre salary.
Re: What's The Most Painful Thing Someone Ever Said To You? by ArcherPrime(m): 1:56am On Apr 03, 2020
Jokerman:
Words don't affect me... Infact in my line of businesses, you go hear tire grin

Especially when you block people from cheating, fraud and stealing grin

Yahoo ni babalawo
Re: What's The Most Painful Thing Someone Ever Said To You? by wajaja: 2:02am On Apr 03, 2020
Honeydenz:
Today makes it exactly 5 years one of my aunts said a very painful word to me which I can never forget.

She said and I quote "the rate at which you are going this girl, 5 years from now you would have become a mother of 4 kids, all borne out of wedlock"

Today I have been able to prove her wrong, doing my masters program now whereas two of her daughters are university dropouts, as a result of unwanted pregnancy.

We travelled to home town for festival, asked my uncle if I can use is car to learn driving, he said to me ' not my car, wait till u have ur own' and I proved him right. I did just what he said.
Re: What's The Most Painful Thing Someone Ever Said To You? by Ibechris2: 2:02am On Apr 03, 2020
Mykel51:

That is the major reason the country is the laughing stock of earth... A failed nation in every area of life.

Most of the gifted hands in the world were not educated...one of them is Henry ford down to Bill gate and many uncountable fellows.

They carry certificate as a pharmacist yet non of them can manufacture syringe not even a tablet of paracetamol. The man who manufactured Alabukun was never educated yet his children who went to the best schools can not improved on their late father's invention.

I don't believe in certificate,but Sabificate. So,don't be fooled okey?
Re: What's The Most Painful Thing Someone Ever Said To You? by Mykel51(m): 2:06am On Apr 03, 2020
Ibechris2:

Most of the gifted hands in the world were not educated...one of them is Henry ford down to Bill gate and many uncountable fellows.

They carry certificate as a pharmacist yet non of them can manufacture syringe not even a tablet of paracetamol. The man who manufactured Alabukun was never educated yet his children who went to the best schools can not improved on their late father's invention.

I don't believe in certificate,but Sabificate. So,don't be fooled okey?

Fooled...I am not at all... I am only opening your eyes to see that the illiterates ruling us don't even have sabificate !.

1 Like

Re: What's The Most Painful Thing Someone Ever Said To You? by Ibechris2: 2:09am On Apr 03, 2020
Mykel51:

Fooled...I am not at all... I am only opening your eyes to see that the illiterates ruling us don't even have sabificate !.

Am only telling u that u should not depend on ur cert...it will either ruin u or fail u. Even if u graduate with first class.

That is all I have to say. Bye and sleep well.
Re: What's The Most Painful Thing Someone Ever Said To You? by Albertone(m): 2:10am On Apr 03, 2020
Taku555:
We are always quick to condemn and criticize. Do you know that there are factors that could affect someone's competency? Both in One's L1 and second language.

It's not masters program but master programme. Take correction.
Its not "masters" nor "master". It is "master's".
"Program" is American English while "programme" is British English.
Re: What's The Most Painful Thing Someone Ever Said To You? by Mykel51(m): 2:17am On Apr 03, 2020
Ibechris2:

Am only telling u that u should not depend on ur cert...it will either ruin u or fail u. Even if u graduate with first class.

That is all I have to say. Bye and sleep well.

I never mentioned depending on certificate or not...it's not about me... I m saying A, you are saying Z..it's about our leaders here !

About the certificate... certificate is paper... what matters is knowledge...the people who read to graduate with first class are not dullards and actually have the sabificate. If you have anything against them, you had better kill it now and stop deceiving yourself with the ruin or fail you wrote up there !

The phone you are using was not made by illiterates but rather people who studied for a degree to earn a certificate and then have the knowledge !

Don't just conclude that people with certificate don't have knowledge. People are living large in Lagos here.... countless I Know. Because they have the sabificate and certificate !

Also tell your own children not to go to school to earn a certificate Okay.... So it won't ruin or fail them !

2 Likes

Re: What's The Most Painful Thing Someone Ever Said To You? by Ibechris2: 2:29am On Apr 03, 2020
Mykel51:

I thought u were the one that corrected a fellow here earlier...hope u can see how bad ur English is?

The son of Queen Eliza of England. U see ur life.
Re: What's The Most Painful Thing Someone Ever Said To You? by Mykel51(m): 2:30am On Apr 03, 2020
Ibechris2:

I thought u were the one that corrected a fellow here earlier...hope u can see how bad ur English is?

The son of Queen Eliza of England. U see ur life.

It wasn't me at all...you have no point at all... look at how you are jumping around. It's a waste of time replying you !

How bad the English is...lol..you can't identify anything right or wrong there. For the record... it's Elizabeth not Eliza...lol
Re: What's The Most Painful Thing Someone Ever Said To You? by tolijascro(m): 2:40am On Apr 03, 2020
Honeydenz:

Today I have been able to prove her wrong, doing my masters program now whereas two of her daughters are university dropouts, as a result of unwanted pregnancy.

But you didn't tell us the number of abortions that you had...the difference is they kept theirs and you killed yours...hypocrite! Shout out to all single mothers on here
Re: What's The Most Painful Thing Someone Ever Said To You? by Juban(m): 2:42am On Apr 03, 2020
[sub][/sub][quote author=Honeydenz post=87894875]Today makes it exactly 5 years one of my aunts said a very painful word to me which I can never forget.

[/

My Uncle once told me that I was nobody. I went to him to ask for my school fees after being sent back from school. I was in the same school with two of his kids and they have all paid there fees then. He told me and I quote. ' Why should I be comparing myself with his kids, the resources I have with my wife can sponsor my kids to any level they want to go in life, you are nobody' But now my house, is standing next to his and majority of his children are addicted to drugs and can even live a descent life. ]
Re: What's The Most Painful Thing Someone Ever Said To You? by otipoju(m): 2:47am On Apr 03, 2020
Honeydenz:

Sis, dont get worked up over nothing. What you wrote makes perfect sense. Which is the whole essense of communication. You are expressing your thoughts and not writing a research paper. In an informal forum like this colloquial English is allowed. No vex abeg.
Re: What's The Most Painful Thing Someone Ever Said To You? by xform: 2:58am On Apr 03, 2020
I love you.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwaYZf2LpMY
Honeydenz:

Re: What's The Most Painful Thing Someone Ever Said To You? by iamdrfresh: 3:01am On Apr 03, 2020
DonMekino:
there's nothing wrong with this statement na....it's from a pure heart
never claimed it wasnt d right thing for her to do... it's just hurtful!! A perfect description of "truth is bitter:

1 Like

Re: What's The Most Painful Thing Someone Ever Said To You? by iamdrfresh: 3:04am On Apr 03, 2020
delishpot:

So she should have lied to you or double dated(cheated on her bf with you) ? What exactly is hurtful in what she told you? Are you one of those people who feel entitled to always get what they want?

She did d right but hurtful thing.. I appreciate that but it didnt make it less painful!
Re: What's The Most Painful Thing Someone Ever Said To You? by Starhearts: 3:06am On Apr 03, 2020
It happened to me Dec 2013?
Wen one of my social sex worker customer told me dat l quickly too dey ejaculates
Really painful
Anyway thanks to iya sogo jedijedi dat cure d stuff, b4 l finally move to Cyprus in 2016
Re: What's The Most Painful Thing Someone Ever Said To You? by iamdrfresh: 3:09am On Apr 03, 2020
Nairobi33:

Damn.. how did you survived that? Thank God for your life man. You missed a point blank trigger from a cold blooded moll. Many including myself could have reacted differently by ending up in a chemical shop or the nearest cliff.

I should have seen it coming. I didn't just pick d hints. na so I enter sloppy express with car wey no get brake.

But ending up in a chemical shop or d nearest cliff, I dont think so.
I never kept anything from my inner circle so they were supportive!!
Re: What's The Most Painful Thing Someone Ever Said To You? by collinometricx: 3:10am On Apr 03, 2020
Honeydenz:

Long episode

Goan shorten it

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (19) (Reply)

Why I Dumped Farida Sobowale After ‘n100m Wedding’ – Estranged Husband, Odulaja / Difference Between Arranged Marriage And Love Marriage ( See Photo) / This Happens When You Marry A Yoruba Man (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.