Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,967 members, 7,810,680 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:12 PM

What's The Most Painful Thing Someone Ever Said To You? - Family (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What's The Most Painful Thing Someone Ever Said To You? (60315 Views)

The Most Painful Thing Your Spouse Said or Did To You That Still Hurts You? / Most Painful Thing Done To You By Your Parents / What's The Most Painful Thing Your Mother Ever Said To You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The Most Painful Thing Someone Ever Said To You? by franugo(m): 6:01am On Apr 03, 2020
christobobby:

You should be grateful to your aunts that word made you a better person, maybe if she deed not say anything just maybe

Thank you bros...exactly my point. Dt auntie should be treasured
Re: What's The Most Painful Thing Someone Ever Said To You? by Nobody: 6:02am On Apr 03, 2020
Honeydenz:

Imagine, I keep saying it

Most uncles don't mean well for their nephews, nieces. They never want you to do better than their kids!
Exactly,,,just like my wicked uncle...But this God who have started punishing him,,will definitely finish his work.
Re: What's The Most Painful Thing Someone Ever Said To You? by walexsho(m): 6:04am On Apr 03, 2020
BarrElChapo:

I hope you're in a better position right now. What has become of that demon in a human body suit ?
We thank God for everything today, I now make my money through the printing work I learnt after NYSC. I also have other side hustle.
The man's friends always try to dodge me whenever we meet, I no be witch nwww, some just don't know that when you have some people in an organization it's a source of Blessing and boom to such organization's business, treat them well like you want your children to be treated.

1 Like

Re: What's The Most Painful Thing Someone Ever Said To You? by ifyy07(m): 6:09am On Apr 03, 2020
Note you will be greater,better and blessed more than those people, one girl once told me we had no chemistry hug my PADI in front of me..this is after eating my money today I thank God for my life.

1 Like

Re: What's The Most Painful Thing Someone Ever Said To You? by translux(m): 6:09am On Apr 03, 2020
When I remembered what my senator uncle told me about few years back, he was the former ICAN president and he also became a Senator, after my graduation from the higher institution, I was always checked him at home in search for job, he brought his son back from Canada to head one of the commercial banks within two weeks after he came back, but me I had been going tho his house for about 2 years in search of a job, then this day he looked at me and said young man NOT ALL CHILDREN ARE BORN WITH A SILVER SPOON YOU NEED TO GO AND HUSTLE for your self, and I was like, Uncle to Hustle again after I had hustle to graduate all by myself, from that day I make a vow never to go to anyone for help, God help me for a job in Lekki through the internet and I don hammer at the moment, my senator uncle met me at a family meeting the other day and he was like ARE YOU SURE YOU OWN THIS RANGE ROVER

5 Likes

Re: What's The Most Painful Thing Someone Ever Said To You? by OhiOfIhima: 6:10am On Apr 03, 2020
When the so called gf den introduced a man to me as her colleague in choirs, few weeks later I called my girlfriend d same man picked the call and asked never to call his wife again! I just go dumbfolded. Fear woman, now I am a dangerous striker cheesy

2 Likes

Re: What's The Most Painful Thing Someone Ever Said To You? by Gabflex: 6:16am On Apr 03, 2020
lets not keep those words in heart pls so it wont hinder our heavenly glory.

mine was wen i was in sss2, my mathematics teacher said to me because am a science student that, its better to be the head of a Rat than the Tail of an Elephant.

i nevers see the woman since i left secondary school. na she sabi.

me don move on

1 Like

Re: What's The Most Painful Thing Someone Ever Said To You? by Nobody: 6:30am On Apr 03, 2020
Damn,people of these days are really becoming snowflakes for real,what happened to the saying sticks and stones could break my bone but words can’t hurt me?

People always be people,especially Nigerians they have bad mouths if you take everything they say to you to heart you will end up dying before your time.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What's The Most Painful Thing Someone Ever Said To You? by Abdul4trust1(m): 6:33am On Apr 03, 2020
Honeydenz:
Today makes it exactly 5 years one of my aunts said a very painful word to me which I can never forget.

She said and I quote "the rate at which you are going this girl, 5 years from now you would have become a mother of 4 kids, all borne out of wedlock"

Today I have been able to prove her wrong, doing my masters program now whereas two of her daughters are university dropouts, as a result of unwanted pregnancy.

Hmmmm... How time flies, share yours.
I was discussing with my cousin few years after my secondary school. Someone said to me that I'm speaking English that won't take me to Higher institution. He said this because he was already in year two in the polytechnic while it was my 3rd year at home after my secondary school education. I eventually again admission into the same polytechnic four years after my secondary school education.
Today, I'm a graduate and chartered accountant. And I'm the internal auditor of my company. Despite my salary is not much, I'm comfortable.

He is also doing well.

3 Likes

Re: What's The Most Painful Thing Someone Ever Said To You? by Apination(m): 6:41am On Apr 03, 2020
Honeydenz:

Lol, I won't answer you Mr punctuation error judge. I hope you know there's what we call 'typing error'? Additionally, am a science student and not an English graduate. However, 100 of your miserable species combined can't stand me in spoken English. Idiot!
What do you mean by English graduate? Does that phrase make sense to you. You could have simply kept quiet and left us with some degree of doubt as to his claims but you had to just prove him right. It's a pity 300+ morons went on to assert such failure. People who are not open to corrections, egoistic and excuse driven are UNTEACHEABLE. undecided

6 Likes

Re: What's The Most Painful Thing Someone Ever Said To You? by litaninja(m): 6:45am On Apr 03, 2020
Don't blame your crap use of English on being in the sciences please.

Honeydenz:

Lol, I won't answer you Mr punctuation error judge. I hope you know there's what we call 'typing error'? Additionally, am a science student and not an English graduate. However, 100 of your miserable species combined can't stand me in spoken English. Idiot!
Re: What's The Most Painful Thing Someone Ever Said To You? by mousco(m): 6:48am On Apr 03, 2020
Honeydenz:
Today makes it exactly 5 years one of my aunts said a very painful word to me which I can never forget.

She said and I quote "the rate at which you are going this girl, 5 years from now you would have become a mother of 4 kids, all borne out of wedlock"

Today I have been able to prove her wrong, doing my masters program now whereas two of her daughters are university dropouts, as a result of unwanted pregnancy.

It's time to remind her.
Re: What's The Most Painful Thing Someone Ever Said To You? by UnimkeAk(m): 6:51am On Apr 03, 2020
Honeydenz:

Funny enough , I cant remember any.... it's all about priorities and not giving a Bleep
Re: What's The Most Painful Thing Someone Ever Said To You? by IYANGBALI: 6:55am On Apr 03, 2020
I love you. The thing pain me die
Re: What's The Most Painful Thing Someone Ever Said To You? by gondon(m): 6:58am On Apr 03, 2020
Sometime in 2016, I was broke like damn broke. I reached out to a neighbor for assistance and he said to me; " I thought you are a Christian, where is your God".
I almost died after that word to me, I went into my flat and cried unto God to defend His name. And God did it same year for me. Same guy is doing very well though but has called me for 4million naira assistance twice..........

Nobody is less and no one knows what tomorrow entails........

6 Likes

Re: What's The Most Painful Thing Someone Ever Said To You? by jogsman01(m): 7:06am On Apr 03, 2020
Honeydenz:

I would have loved to read comments but I just need to get this out of my mind......
The statement was from my mum. I came back home from the football field that day and She told me "you're playing football with those who are already in school and you're here eating my food, you better find something to do with your life".

And I replied her that day; "mum, if he finishes school before me doesn't mean he'll have a brighter future than me".

Today, I'm done with my HND, B. Eng in progress, and already got a good paying job. My very good friend which my mum made reference to actually dropped out.
Re: What's The Most Painful Thing Someone Ever Said To You? by Tylerbreeze(m): 7:08am On Apr 03, 2020
My aunty told me that am useless to her, that all I know is eating food , sleep and lazying about, while her own children can't even do anything... Do words pain me.
Re: What's The Most Painful Thing Someone Ever Said To You? by ashybabs(m): 7:10am On Apr 03, 2020
my guy, lyrics can't get you pussy
iamdrfresh:
"you're a nice guy and you're really presentable but I'm in a very serious relationship"

3years later. It still echoes in my mind!

For guys tagging me, I never said what she did was wrong..just painful..
Here's a more detailed story
https://www.nairaland.com/5003517/what-dumbest-thing-ever-did/6#75468876
iamdrfresh :
Met this girl thru a friend when I was about to resume part4 in med schl and we kinda got along(at least thought). I took her out on my birthday that she didnt even remember just cuz I wanted her to feel special.
We kept talking even tho I initiated it most time. That wasn't my first time with girls but I just had this soft spot for her(mumu me, right).
One night after her exams, I asked us to meet even tho I really didn't have anything to discuss. Decided to take her out to eat and we spent about 3hours together thereafter...twas fun.. We both enjoyed it!
Saw her back to her hostel and she told me she'd be leaving for her home 2days later and that we'd not likely see the next day. I felt the urge to throw my shot.
I don't know what came over me but I stammered for a while. I sha told her I love her and other things and she said we should talk about it another time.
Fast forward to the morning she'd be travelling home, I arranged to meet her. After keeping me waiting for almost an hour (her excuse: she was packing), she told me she's in a relationship- serious one for that matter.
I took it in good faith.. Wished her safe journey and that she should lemme know whenever she arrives Lag.
During the break, I was still chatting her up hoping she'd reconsider and one day I decided to send an "epistle" pouring out my heart in it. Last last she no still gree!
I was talking to my friend(d one that introduced us) months later and he told me how she commented on one of his stories that He never knew he is a good writer and that I'm a good story writer too
My epistle to her was just a "Story"
Re: What's The Most Painful Thing Someone Ever Said To You? by Tunks2017(m): 7:14am On Apr 03, 2020
Honeydenz:

Imagine, I keep saying it

Most uncles don't mean well for their nephews, nieces. They never want you to do better than their kids!

Uncles, Aunties and extended family members are all worthless........ angry angry
They pretend to help but actually want to destroy ones destiny. They will all fail IJN

1 Like

Re: What's The Most Painful Thing Someone Ever Said To You? by Rejoice5000(f): 7:14am On Apr 03, 2020
Honeydenz:

She said and I quote [b]"the rate at which you are going this girl, 5 years from now you would have become a mother of 4 kids, all borne out of wedlock" [/b

hmmmmmmmm my Anty once said to me that once she is married and saw me walking along the road that she will use her husband's car and and dirty my cloths with gutter water and funny enough then I never know anything I have not entered University then but God the rightful judge the very day she saw me at the market shame filled her face she can't look straight to my eyes and she can't reverse her words and the to crown it all she looks like a hmmmmmmmm.am married now she is married for a long time she no see car talk of keke.she is also shock when she heard that from my mother's house to A Landlady in my husband's house.Hmmmmmm man no bi God why do some pple talks anyhow.
Re: What's The Most Painful Thing Someone Ever Said To You? by odehaj: 7:15am On Apr 03, 2020
Apination:

What do you mean by English graduate? Does that phrase make sense to you. You could have simply kept quiet and left us with some degree of doubt as to his claims but you had to just prove him right. It's a pity 300+ morons went on to assert such failure. People who are not open to corrections, egoistic and excuse driven are UNTEACHEABLE. undecided
exactly my point my brother.

1 Like

Re: What's The Most Painful Thing Someone Ever Said To You? by gbaskiboy: 7:17am On Apr 03, 2020
Exmilitant:
OP, your post is full of grammatical, punctuation and spelling errors and you mentioned doing a masters program? Jesus!!
e-diot like you, be looking for grammartical error upandan
Re: What's The Most Painful Thing Someone Ever Said To You? by Basalt(m): 7:20am On Apr 03, 2020
Fuckkthemod:
Mine was in 2006, my dad’s friend who own a house opposite our rented apartment where I lived with my dad. His second daughter was was my friend and age group, whenever her father sees us together he will say of all the landlords children around you choose the son of a tenant, these ones will end up as criminals

Today the man is my personal contractor, he is like a boy to my dad, my dad own 4 houses and a hotel today. Don’t dictate what a person will become

What a motivational story.
Please from which book was it curled from?

1 Like

Re: What's The Most Painful Thing Someone Ever Said To You? by drkay(m): 7:21am On Apr 03, 2020
olakunle5296:
About 18 years ago, a particular Professor Ejiwunmi at Olabisi Onabanjo University College of Medicine Ikenne called me a Failure because I was dropped out of the Medical school, today I am married with three daughters , I have built my house where I presently live, I am the proprietor of two secondary schools, I am as well the owner of three different Microfinance Organizations, all to the glory of My Lord and Savior JESUS CHRIST
Hmmmm, good to know that you are doing great for yourself.
Prof. made me fell in love with neuroanatomy back then in ikenne.
It was Adefule that asked me if I would be the first person to wear tie in my entire family, during one of his classes back then, just because I didn't tighten it around my neck.
"Pls adjust your tie" would have left me unhurt that sunny afternoon.

3 Likes

Re: What's The Most Painful Thing Someone Ever Said To You? by Nobody: 7:23am On Apr 03, 2020
translux:
When I remembered what my senator uncle told me about few years back, he was the former ICAN president and he also became a Senator, after my graduation from the higher institution, I was always checked him at home in search for job, he brought his son back from Canada to head one of the commercial banks within two weeks after he came back, but me I had been going tho his house for about 2 years in search of a job, then this day he looked at me and said young man NOT ALL CHILDREN ARE BORN WITH A SILVER SPOON YOU NEED TO GO AND HUSTLE for your self, and I was like, Uncle to Hustle again after I had hustle to graduate all by myself, from that day I make a vow never to go to anyone for help, God help me for a job in Lekki through the internet and I don hammer at the moment, my senator uncle met me at a family meeting the other day and he was like ARE YOU SURE YOU OWN THIS RANGE ROVER
Keep on deceiving yourself, range rover ko, range rover no. Ode

1 Like

Re: What's The Most Painful Thing Someone Ever Said To You? by Riduane: 7:24am On Apr 03, 2020
Mine is even more recent. Maybe about 3 weeks ago. 2 of my very close friends broke my heart with their words. They backbited and one had the gut to come and cast all they've been saying behind me. Just because I've stayed reluctant in engaging in internet fraud with them, they went behind me to call me "lazy ass" and that I'm always feeling entitled to their money. Dafuq? Feeling entitled to your money when you don't even feed me? When you even come to my house to drink garri together with me?
This really broke my heart that I don't think I can ever forgive them. Human are evil.
Re: What's The Most Painful Thing Someone Ever Said To You? by Fuckkthemod: 7:24am On Apr 03, 2020
Basalt:

What a motivational story.
Please from which book was it curled from?

Oh it’s obvious you don’t even believe the man shown to you as your dad is your real dad.

Don’t worry I pray we remain in contact and this Coronavirus does not consume any of us, the next time am in Nigeria I’ll be hosting a few Nairalander and if you are available you should be there to see what God has done for me in less than 14yrs.
Re: What's The Most Painful Thing Someone Ever Said To You? by Truthbites: 7:25am On Apr 03, 2020
So many
Re: What's The Most Painful Thing Someone Ever Said To You? by Nobody: 7:25am On Apr 03, 2020
Fuckkthemod:
Mine was in 2006, my dad’s friend who own a house opposite our rented apartment where I lived with my dad. His second daughter was was my friend and age group, whenever her father sees us together he will say of all the landlords children around you choose the son of a tenant, these ones will end up as criminals

Today the man is my personal contractor, he is like a boy to my dad, my dad own 4 houses and a hotel today. Don’t dictate what a person will become
Association of Nairaland Liers. Keep it up ehn, ode. Personal contractor ko, personal contractor ni. Why are you like this? Must you lie? I'm glad the man made the girl ran away from you, you can lie for Africa

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What's The Most Painful Thing Someone Ever Said To You? by Abbeylanre15(m): 7:26am On Apr 03, 2020
An ex once said to me" I can't continue with you coz u can't achieve anything with that job u're doing" Well, today na only to paint my house he remain, while she stays in a room apartment with the guy she later marry. I'm not saying this to mock her but to glorify the name of the Lord.

3 Likes

Re: What's The Most Painful Thing Someone Ever Said To You? by Basalt(m): 7:27am On Apr 03, 2020
Fuckkthemod:

Oh it’s obvious you don’t even believe the man shown to you as your dad is your real dad.

Don’t worry I pray we remain in contact and this Coronavirus does not consume any of us, the next time am in Nigeria I’ll be hosting a few Nairalander and if you are available you should be there to see what God has done for me in less than 14yrs.

grin cheesy
Re: What's The Most Painful Thing Someone Ever Said To You? by Nobody: 7:27am On Apr 03, 2020
Rejoice5000:
hmmmmmmmm my Anty once said to me that once she is married and saw me walking along the road that she will use her husband's car and and dirty my cloths with gutter water and funny enough then I never know anything I have not entered University then but God the rightful judge the very day she saw me at the market shame filled her face she can't look straight to my eyes and she can't reverse her words and the to crown it all she looks like a hmmmmmmmm.am married now she is married for a long time she no see car talk of keke.she is also shock when she heard that from my mother's house to A Landlady in my husband's house.Hmmmmmm man no bi God why do some pple talks anyhow.
If your aunts talks like that, there's probability you inherit it from her, so I'm sure you are no different from your aunt, but you won't know. Its a family problem

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (19) (Reply)

Why I Dumped Farida Sobowale After ‘n100m Wedding’ – Estranged Husband, Odulaja / Difference Between Arranged Marriage And Love Marriage ( See Photo) / This Happens When You Marry A Yoruba Man (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.