Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,171 members, 7,815,096 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:13 AM

Adepelumi Adekunle: Akure ‘Explosion’ Was Impact From Meteors Not Explosives - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Adepelumi Adekunle: Akure ‘Explosion’ Was Impact From Meteors Not Explosives (60091 Views)

A Geophysicist, Professor A.A. Adepelumi Of OAU Dies / Akure Explosion Was From Commercial Explosives Not Bomb Explosives Or Meteors / Lagos Explosion: Bethlehem Girls College In Ruins, Students Being Rescued (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adepelumi Adekunle: Akure ‘Explosion’ Was Impact From Meteors Not Explosives by Danhumprey: 7:04pm On Mar 29, 2020
2mch:
Prof is right. It looked like a Meteor
A meteor? And yet no one could see the speck of light it most likely will have generated on its entry into the Earth's atmosphere?

Nah! It can't be a meteor.

1 Like

Re: Adepelumi Adekunle: Akure ‘Explosion’ Was Impact From Meteors Not Explosives by Frankicent(m): 7:05pm On Mar 29, 2020
ignis:
I am a geologist but I disagree with the prof on this.

Wetin you sabi? Prof dey talk you self dey talk.. Lol
Re: Adepelumi Adekunle: Akure ‘Explosion’ Was Impact From Meteors Not Explosives by luluman: 7:05pm On Mar 29, 2020
inoki247:
u guys should keep confusing each oda
Obviously YOU are confused.
Re: Adepelumi Adekunle: Akure ‘Explosion’ Was Impact From Meteors Not Explosives by Nobody: 7:05pm On Mar 29, 2020
A geologist that can't talk the only thing he can say is I am a geologist, geologist by paper, this one never go field before na
ignis:

1 Like

Re: Adepelumi Adekunle: Akure ‘Explosion’ Was Impact From Meteors Not Explosives by blaise26abj(m): 7:05pm On Mar 29, 2020
Depending on the kind of explosive, there might be no inferno . However that crater could not possibly be from an explosive to create a depth of almost 8 meters . Unless the explosives were placed at a depth before detonated .

The major concern is if there was truly a truck of explosives around there . If it was,Then its whereabouts should be ascertained or else the south west will be up and alert for bomb threats .

1 Like

Re: Adepelumi Adekunle: Akure ‘Explosion’ Was Impact From Meteors Not Explosives by AerialMapper: 7:06pm On Mar 29, 2020
Bullshit!

So the meteor chose to land and destroy the road? It could have landed anywhere else but aimed for the road.
Re: Adepelumi Adekunle: Akure ‘Explosion’ Was Impact From Meteors Not Explosives by Prymestrr(m): 7:06pm On Mar 29, 2020
2mch:
Prof is right. It looked like a Meteor
Where are the fragments. Use your head.
Re: Adepelumi Adekunle: Akure ‘Explosion’ Was Impact From Meteors Not Explosives by Chuksyno(m): 7:07pm On Mar 29, 2020
When look closely at the crater you will believe Prof's claim. Police had to allay the fears of the community by claiming responsibility
Re: Adepelumi Adekunle: Akure ‘Explosion’ Was Impact From Meteors Not Explosives by lexy2014: 7:07pm On Mar 29, 2020
inoki247:
u guys should keep confusing each oda

Very good advice
Re: Adepelumi Adekunle: Akure ‘Explosion’ Was Impact From Meteors Not Explosives by Trizyd(m): 7:07pm On Mar 29, 2020
hammer0:
LIES"!

METEORS DONT HAVE WHEELS.

THE EARLIER REPORT WAS ACCURATE.

THIS IS A DISGRACEFUL ATTEMPT TO COVER UP, THAT BUHARI GOVERNMENT ARE MOVING BOMBS AROUND DOWN SOUTH IN TIME OF PEACE.

Use common sense, does that look like a wheel track on the sand? even if that's a wheel, why is it one? What sort of truck makes that kind of wheel?
That's a very very big wheel, if we to agree on that. My last argument though, The shock wave from the blast should have erased the track off the sand, you could see the impact on the buildings nearby, that's a lot of energy. Unless you telling me the said truck survived that blast and they had to drag it away from the crater. A bomb theory is not making sense at all.

2 Likes

Re: Adepelumi Adekunle: Akure ‘Explosion’ Was Impact From Meteors Not Explosives by Danhumprey: 7:07pm On Mar 29, 2020
yenereal:
Prof might be correct but the police that claimed responsibility should be called to explain. Who drove the said vehicle? How many people were therein? Did the driver die?

You can imagine the kind of country we're living in. The impact I saw on the picture should make one to believe the prof.
Just like that? Because a "prof" said it?
Re: Adepelumi Adekunle: Akure ‘Explosion’ Was Impact From Meteors Not Explosives by Niggmatic: 7:09pm On Mar 29, 2020
BigboysZ:

No cause another explosion with your English biko!

Modified: grin grin

Hahaha.
Re: Adepelumi Adekunle: Akure ‘Explosion’ Was Impact From Meteors Not Explosives by DonroxyII: 7:09pm On Mar 29, 2020
nitrogen:

He is right. Watch this, and compare with what happened in Akure. It was a meteoroid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJwZ3uBzQV0
Thanks I learnt ..... The Supremacists have alot to protect .... they should build a space ship dedicated to intercepting comets, Asteroids or meteors that are earth bound.

1 Like

Re: Adepelumi Adekunle: Akure ‘Explosion’ Was Impact From Meteors Not Explosives by Gaddafi1: 7:10pm On Mar 29, 2020
nitrogen:

He is right. Watch this, and compare with what happened in Akure. It was a meteoroid.

Thanks for the information
Re: Adepelumi Adekunle: Akure ‘Explosion’ Was Impact From Meteors Not Explosives by MurderX: 7:10pm On Mar 29, 2020
hammer0:

Not with the amount of bombs the Truck was carrying.

Just go to youtube and watch examples.

The parts left would have traveled very far in the blast scattered.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qW3JfPQAI6Y

If you watch the full video in your link, you will be further convinced that this is unlikely to be an explosion caused by a truck conveying explosives. Notice that in this case, the parts of the truck were found around the site and the driver died. See link for full video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNjKZAkxuCI
Re: Adepelumi Adekunle: Akure ‘Explosion’ Was Impact From Meteors Not Explosives by Danhumprey: 7:10pm On Mar 29, 2020
nitrogen:

Won't a meteoroid leave lighting in its path as a result of the friction generated on its entrance to the Earth's atmosphere?
Re: Adepelumi Adekunle: Akure ‘Explosion’ Was Impact From Meteors Not Explosives by Jimiyung(m): 7:13pm On Mar 29, 2020
International Meteor Organisation (IMO) and NASA among other agencies spend billions of dollars every year monitoring meteors, provide information on movement and would have notified if there was one moving towards earth. Yet, one prof in Ife that does not even have fast internet and information is saying this. Lets fear God o

2 Likes

Re: Adepelumi Adekunle: Akure ‘Explosion’ Was Impact From Meteors Not Explosives by Malawian(m): 7:13pm On Mar 29, 2020
What if there are buried bombs all over the south and those bombs are nearing their expiry dates?

2 Likes

Re: Adepelumi Adekunle: Akure ‘Explosion’ Was Impact From Meteors Not Explosives by hammer0: 7:13pm On Mar 29, 2020
MurderX:

If you watch the full video in your link, you will be further convinced that this is unlikely to be an explosion caused by a truck conveying explosives. Notice that in this case, the parts of the truck were found around the site and the driver died. See link for full video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNjKZAkxuCI

Dude, it depends on the amount of explosive.

A truck carrying huge explosives, will not be around the site of explosion.

It would have ben blown away, destroying buildings and killing people on its way.
Re: Adepelumi Adekunle: Akure ‘Explosion’ Was Impact From Meteors Not Explosives by shambala: 7:15pm On Mar 29, 2020
ignis:

Adepelumi supervised my project. He is one of the best in the Geophysics field.

A lot of sense in his findings.

2 Likes

Re: Adepelumi Adekunle: Akure ‘Explosion’ Was Impact From Meteors Not Explosives by Niggmatic: 7:16pm On Mar 29, 2020
Toluobaeko11:

I was so disappointed when the police says it was a bomb, a bomb without smoke and fire. My question was that does the vehicle conveying the bomb evaporated? No sign of bomb at all. I'm living in Akure, and my house is in Ijoka, almost 20 kilometer from the incident, we felt the impact because our house vibrated. It was a meteors from space if you see the images and familiar with documentary associated with that.
In conclusion, I was also very disappointed with my brothers from the east, because they were so happy to drew their conclusion it was a terrorist attack, why were they happy even if it was? I asked myself! If there's a terrorist attack in Arakale Akure, 80% casualty will be the Igbos.
Even if Nigeria is bad today, we Yoruba don't wish any tribe evil. I love the Igbos, and I also love the Hausas, I see everybody as my brother.
Let us all remember that, if we're wishing someone evil, evil will never depart us too.
GOD BLESS EVERYONE

I don't understand this your Igbo vs Yoruba angle. Next time don't spoil a good comment with nonsense generalisation. It makes you sound uneducated. Leave tribalism to lowlifers and focus on intellectualism.

4 Likes

Re: Adepelumi Adekunle: Akure ‘Explosion’ Was Impact From Meteors Not Explosives by fof1: 7:16pm On Mar 29, 2020
ignis:

Pls go and revalidate ur Certificate or ur Learnings...
Re: Adepelumi Adekunle: Akure ‘Explosion’ Was Impact From Meteors Not Explosives by yenereal(m): 7:17pm On Mar 29, 2020
Danhumprey:
Just like that? Because a "prof" said it?

Will you get the fuxk off my mention? Did I say I believed him? Didn't you read where I said, "Prof. might be correct"? So "might" and "is" mean the same thing right?

2 Likes

Re: Adepelumi Adekunle: Akure ‘Explosion’ Was Impact From Meteors Not Explosives by fof1: 7:19pm On Mar 29, 2020
Racoon:
shocked Metoers? Wetin we do mother nature nah? Why is the FG yet to address the nation on this scary development? Perhaps Bubu is not aware as usual?

Meanwhile, why did the police alleged that the tionOndo creater was caused by dynamite when there are no pieces of the exploded truck or victims of the destruction?

As usual,d Police will provide any Answer to cover up their incompetence, lack of Knowledge and Deceitful dispositions.

2 Likes

Re: Adepelumi Adekunle: Akure ‘Explosion’ Was Impact From Meteors Not Explosives by Toluobaeko11: 7:20pm On Mar 29, 2020
Niggmatic:

I don't understand this your Igbo vs Yoruba angle. Next time don't spoil a good comment with nonsense generalisation. It makes you sound uneducated. Leave tribalism to lowlifers and focus on intellectualism.
where is tribalism in my comment? The people from East were happy thinking it was a terrorist attack. I've never wished any tribe evil, but you know quite well the easterners always do that.
God bless you

1 Like

Re: Adepelumi Adekunle: Akure ‘Explosion’ Was Impact From Meteors Not Explosives by TAYO124: 7:24pm On Mar 29, 2020
Which yeye meteor? Let the ignorant academic keep quiet, NASA would have reported the incidence if this were true.It would have been breaking news on International news media already.
Re: Adepelumi Adekunle: Akure ‘Explosion’ Was Impact From Meteors Not Explosives by BluntTheApostle(m): 7:24pm On Mar 29, 2020
Islie:

https://www.thecable.ng/akure-explosion-was-impact-from-meteors-not-explosives-says-oau-prof

Explorers, I wrote on your thread that that looked like what an asteroid would make.

However, people fail to understand that there is a difference between a meteor, meteoroid and and a meteorite.

The OAU professor appears not to know too.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Adepelumi Adekunle: Akure ‘Explosion’ Was Impact From Meteors Not Explosives by Mybettingtips(m): 7:27pm On Mar 29, 2020
Danhumprey:
A meteor? And yet no one could see the speck of light it most likely will have generated on its entry into the Earth's atmosphere?

Nah! It can't be a meteor.
It happened at exactly 1am in the midnight. How many people do you expect to be outside by that time to see an incoming light?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adepelumi Adekunle: Akure ‘Explosion’ Was Impact From Meteors Not Explosives by Nobody: 7:27pm On Mar 29, 2020
How are we supposed to trust the veracity of this claim by our dainty Professor?

Here is one of his claims about an earth tremor that was debunked by NGSA earlier this year:
https://lm.?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.channelstv.com%2F2020%2F01%2F13%2Fngsa-dismisses-report-of-earthquake-in-abuja%2Famp%2F%3Ffbclid%3DIwAR02zXeOPs27-4R2Ni3tbQA6TKgGUuTB1fXOS6esiSf-mDFqppn6I-Y6xBw&h=AT3iiRnBDKnPv2h8TIFJY1q0XNhtQE094vc-sHr3-V-3iirBrmxIR5nJMUyx9iQuaNCj1mSgyIjs0CgGCB_r8l9vy_r7MBArFvFUEXaZvIz6OIHjWtufz0pvlUIfF6ZtnEW2
Re: Adepelumi Adekunle: Akure ‘Explosion’ Was Impact From Meteors Not Explosives by lebete3000: 7:28pm On Mar 29, 2020
ignis:

See this olodo. Wetin you know compared to a Prof?

When they graduate with 3rd Class now, they'll start saying na cos them no gree make one Prof Kolombi dem.

Mtchew undecided

2 Likes

Re: Adepelumi Adekunle: Akure ‘Explosion’ Was Impact From Meteors Not Explosives by trilobite: 7:29pm On Mar 29, 2020
This is so wrong!!! Very wrong of the learned professor!!!

You can't just use field evidence alone to make such claims!! Very wrong!! People like him are the reason we still name our igneous rocks according to 1980s names given to us by the whites.

So a meteor of such magnitude will crash-land without no prior warnings?!! If only you guys know the level of analysis that go into the study of meteorites you would laugh at this.

A meteor of that magnitude would solicit worldwide attention!! Please Google the last time the world witnessed the event this man is claiming before quoting me.

1 Like

Re: Adepelumi Adekunle: Akure ‘Explosion’ Was Impact From Meteors Not Explosives by Trizyd(m): 7:33pm On Mar 29, 2020
Jimiyung:
International Meteor Organisation (IMO) and NASA among other agencies spend billions of dollars every year monitoring meteors, provide information on movement and would have notified if there was one moving towards earth. Yet, one prof in Ife that does not even have fast internet and information is saying this. Lets fear God o

They can't track all meteorites coming to earth. Many are insignificant that it's ignored. They only track those that pose danger to earth. Do you know how many are flying around in space right now?

Asteroid: a large rocky body in space, in orbit around the Sun. Meteoroid: much smaller rocks or particles in orbit around the Sun. ... Meteorite: If a small asteroid or large meteoroid survives its fiery passage through the Earth's atmosphere and lands on Earth's surface, it is then called a meteorite.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

My Basic 6 Daughter's Textbook Has Sex Themed Comprehension Passage / Nigerian Author Includes 'Mutual Masturbation' In JSS 1 Book (Pictured) / Notice; Delsu Post Ume Results Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.