Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,115 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:28 PM

Bassey Offiong Dies Of Coronavirus In USA After Being Refused Test - Health (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Bassey Offiong Dies Of Coronavirus In USA After Being Refused Test (82616 Views)

Laila Abubakar Ali Dies Of Coronavirus In USA / Nigerian Student Volunteers To Help Fight Coronavirus In Nanjing, China (Photo) / Coronavirus In Wuhan: ‘We Would Rather Die At Home Than Go To Quarantine’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bassey Offiong Dies Of Coronavirus In USA After Being Refused Test by SweetCunt97(f): 1:39pm On Mar 30, 2020
kikero:

1,I am a doctor ! smiley

2.And yes, I practice in Nigeria, have been doing so for ten years. (I do sometimes think of checking out...but a lot of things, stop me from checking out)
OH well I tried. Keep up the good work. Nigeria needs more doctors so don't check out.

1 Like

Re: Bassey Offiong Dies Of Coronavirus In USA After Being Refused Test by SweetCunt97(f): 1:41pm On Mar 30, 2020
Sorrento:

Olosho,u think say this one go date u and carry u go abroad? grin
Aswear if this wasn't online, the kinda uppercut wey I for done woooze that your long mouth eh, you go get sense by force.

3 Likes

Re: Bassey Offiong Dies Of Coronavirus In USA After Being Refused Test by sachisco: 1:41pm On Mar 30, 2020
May his soul rest in peace
Re: Bassey Offiong Dies Of Coronavirus In USA After Being Refused Test by anonimi: 1:44pm On Mar 30, 2020
safarigirl:
His size alone, put him at a disadvantage medically.
All that cholesterol, will work against anybody. He was a health risk to himself.
Many people have had this virus and stayed home to treat themselves. Hydrate, take lots of vitamins, humid baths, honey, paracetamol, this is what has helped a lot of people.
The Hospitals are overworked and overcrowded, they cannot treat everyone. You have to treat yourself
Rest In Peace to him

Any credible source for the bold part

1 Like

Re: Bassey Offiong Dies Of Coronavirus In USA After Being Refused Test by abdullahi45: 1:46pm On Mar 30, 2020
ifykris22:
I told you guys dey don't treat migrants without health insurance over seas, especially in cases like this... cry cry cry

And how do you know he got no health insurance?
Re: Bassey Offiong Dies Of Coronavirus In USA After Being Refused Test by anonimi: 1:46pm On Mar 30, 2020
SweetCunt97:
Aswear if this wasn't online, the kinda uppercut wey I for done woooze that your long mouth eh, you go get sense by force.

You sowed and you harvested. wink

SweetCunt97:
Pleaaaassseee this Country has tired me. I am depressed, life is hard! Who will save me? Promise to be loyal and humble. I won't grow wings and fly once my feet touch the free world.
I'll do anything please, just get me out of here!

1 Like

Re: Bassey Offiong Dies Of Coronavirus In USA After Being Refused Test by SweetCunt97(f): 1:48pm On Mar 30, 2020
anonimi:

You sowed and you harvested. wink

Baba forget that thing.. We know how some unfortunate nairaland guys can reason with ur priick. Wetin concern d mofo for my yarn? Person wey I quote even replied gentlemanly. Ode rush go my profile wan come chook yarn naw
Re: Bassey Offiong Dies Of Coronavirus In USA After Being Refused Test by spiritmasquerad(m): 1:50pm On Mar 30, 2020
okomile:
Lucky he died there!

Zoogeria is a scam

I weep for this country

The next week(s) will be real bad for zoogeria

They keep deceiving the citizens
Who can confirm been tested
Trump worshipper ur eye have not clear abi, there will keep showing u they don't care about u
Re: Bassey Offiong Dies Of Coronavirus In USA After Being Refused Test by Coolcalmcollect(m): 1:50pm On Mar 30, 2020
Tonykjngs:

Source: https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/local/michigan/2020/03/29/western-michigan-university-student-weeks-graduation-dies-covid-19/2936057001/
was he expecting dem to leave their citizens and treat him an immigrant??
with how fat he is I doubt corona killed him.

1 Like

Re: Bassey Offiong Dies Of Coronavirus In USA After Being Refused Test by doggedfighter(f): 1:51pm On Mar 30, 2020
kikero:

1,I am a doctor ! smiley

2.And yes, I practice in Nigeria, have been doing so for ten years. (I do sometimes think of checking out...but a lot of things, stop me from checking out)
Things like?
Re: Bassey Offiong Dies Of Coronavirus In USA After Being Refused Test by Etinosa1234: 1:57pm On Mar 30, 2020
safarigirl:
His size alone, put him at a disadvantage medically.

All that cholesterol, will work against anybody. He was a health risk to himself.

Many people have had this virus and stayed home to treat themselves. Hydrate, take lots of vitamins, humid baths, honey, paracetamol, this is what has helped a lot of people.

The Hospitals are overworked and overcrowded, they cannot treat everyone. You have to treat yourself

Rest In Peace to him

what abt chloroquine
Re: Bassey Offiong Dies Of Coronavirus In USA After Being Refused Test by MOnkeyBabe(f): 1:59pm On Mar 30, 2020
sharpwriter:

You live in America....please educate the people about health insurance in the United States. Do migrants and citizens get treated without insurance or not, OR how does it work?

They Get TReated without inSuRanCe. That is the Law. ESPeCially if it's a Life threatening emeRGenCy

1 Like

Re: Bassey Offiong Dies Of Coronavirus In USA After Being Refused Test by sharpwriter(m): 2:02pm On Mar 30, 2020
MOnkeyBabe:

They Get TReated without inSuRanCe. That is the Law. ESPeCially if it's a Life threatening emeRGenCy

Ok... Thanks.
Re: Bassey Offiong Dies Of Coronavirus In USA After Being Refused Test by Alezy(m): 2:03pm On Mar 30, 2020
IbrahimSkiba:
sad
I just followed you on twitter.....funny signature
Re: Bassey Offiong Dies Of Coronavirus In USA After Being Refused Test by Xkale1234(m): 2:14pm On Mar 30, 2020
ojaydedon:
RIP

But he doesn't look 25... Is it football age?
white men dey grow anyhow na
Re: Bassey Offiong Dies Of Coronavirus In USA After Being Refused Test by petitejolie(f): 2:22pm On Mar 30, 2020
ifykris22:
I told you guys dey don't treat migrants without health insurance over seas, especially in cases like this... cry cry cry
maybe that’s why most of dem keep running back to naija knowing they are positive

1 Like

Re: Bassey Offiong Dies Of Coronavirus In USA After Being Refused Test by wiseoneking: 2:28pm On Mar 30, 2020
[quote author=ifykris22 post=87914668]I told you guys dey don't treat migrants without health insurance over seas, especially in cases like this... cry I am not sure whether you are base here in the US but that is a fat lie from you. In the county where I live, we have at least 5 hospitals that are dedicated in treating immigrant patience FREE. There are hundre8 of such hospitals all over the US. Shockingly, some whites and Hispanics and AA without insurance do use these hospitals. I can give you their phones and websites to confirm. Many of them are own by govt/ private /seven days Adventist church and majorly run by volunteer DOCTORS and nurses. There could be hospitals that may insist on insurance but it is not only to immigrants but also to Americans who doesn't have. He's is even a student and should have health insurance and he's probably a citizen since he had his high sch there. Many immigrants have asses to free groceries, fish and meat every two weeks in my neighborhood. Free clothing once every month for families.
It is so unfortunate that doctors in America are so fond of doing what happened to that guy in believing it was bronchitis. It could have happened to a citizen likewise. Is difficult for a treatment or a drug to be administered both to out or in patient until diagnosis is carried unlike in Nigeria. By mere looking at the young man he's probably 2nd degree obese (overweight) and definitely wouldn't survive covid 19. He even had asses to ventilator before he passed out. May God console his family. I am happy with the testimony about his love for God

1 Like

Re: Bassey Offiong Dies Of Coronavirus In USA After Being Refused Test by YungMillionaire: 2:29pm On Mar 30, 2020
SaintLucia:
Whether migrants or citizens anybody without health insurance will not be tested in America, one of the main reason why they are dying there. Most Americans can't afford to pay for health insurance. Life in America is not easy

You can not be an F1 student in America without health insurance. There is no way he doesn't have health insurance.
Re: Bassey Offiong Dies Of Coronavirus In USA After Being Refused Test by yaki84: 2:33pm On Mar 30, 2020
Ijaya123:
RIP to him.

If this had happened in Nigeria, some people whose only stock in trade is to blame Buhari for excessive sunshine would have been masturbating over the news because they have bad news to celebrate to.

Which kind of hatred can make someone look forward only to bad news so they can celebrate it? They must be evil personified.

VERY PATHETIC LOTS.
Just like they were blaming gej then.
Can we now move forward
Re: Bassey Offiong Dies Of Coronavirus In USA After Being Refused Test by Ijaya123: 2:34pm On Mar 30, 2020
yaki84:

Just like they were blaming gej then.
Can we now move forward

Can they move forward? No. They are still stuck in 2015.
Re: Bassey Offiong Dies Of Coronavirus In USA After Being Refused Test by googi: 2:34pm On Mar 30, 2020
This is very informative. Many Nigerians are now well informed about United States.

No matter what you say, dog wey wan loss no dey hear whistle. Why else would anyone go through the sea and desert from Nigeria?

If Ebola experience in America did not teach us anything, I hope this korokorovirus will.

As for the young doctors that make up their mind to stay home, you will never regret it. Yes, those that never trained in Nigeria and came back have some misgivings, but no place like home.

Please use your voice if you do not have the money to make the rich team up to donate money to new Convalence Centers where more health workers and cleaners can be employed full or part-time. Not a kobo to Government where they can re-loot it.

Most doctors are trained to work long hours. If they have many offers, they can put food on the table for their families.

May the soul of this guy wake up more Africans to think Africa first. There are too many healthcare discrimination in United States. They even discriminate against their own that is sympathetic to the poor. They did against doctors and nurses that even volunteered in Africa for Ebola. They made that nurse in Maine regret her life.

Don't pay attention to those coming here to excuse or normalize inhuman and crude behavior denying their own experience.

1 Like

Re: Bassey Offiong Dies Of Coronavirus In USA After Being Refused Test by yaki84: 2:36pm On Mar 30, 2020
Ijaya123:

Can they move forward? No. They are still stuck in 2015.
Can we think of how to survive this shit?
No, they r trying hard to bring tribal war into the matter.
Bullshit
Re: Bassey Offiong Dies Of Coronavirus In USA After Being Refused Test by Ijaya123: 2:40pm On Mar 30, 2020
yaki84:

Can we think of how to survive this shit?
No, they r trying hard to bring tribal war into the matter.
Bullshit

Of course we will survive this wether they like it or not.

They are the ones stuck in 2015 and with baseless hatred in their mind.
Re: Bassey Offiong Dies Of Coronavirus In USA After Being Refused Test by Tumadre: 2:45pm On Mar 30, 2020
ifykris22:

This is false. You have to treat everyone regardless of status. I know this because I’m in medicine. There weren’t enough tests so they’re prioritizing people with the highest chance of having severe outcomes

1 Like

Re: Bassey Offiong Dies Of Coronavirus In USA After Being Refused Test by safarigirl(f): 2:51pm On Mar 30, 2020
anonimi:

Any credible source for the bold part

The LOT OF PEOPLE that have had Corona virus and tried it, as well well as multiple doctors and nurses.

Only 15% of Corona virus patients get to go to the hospital, guess what the other 75% are doing...
Re: Bassey Offiong Dies Of Coronavirus In USA After Being Refused Test by wizardus: 3:06pm On Mar 30, 2020

1 Like

Re: Bassey Offiong Dies Of Coronavirus In USA After Being Refused Test by redsun(m): 3:08pm On Mar 30, 2020
His size didn't help either, lifestyle could make a difference between life and death this situation.

A poor person is better off sick in Nigeria than in America. In Nigeria, you can use the services of a quack experienced sn experienced chemist that could save your life, but in America, you have to have life insurance which almost beyond the reach of the poor or you die. It is all about corporations, Maintaining the status quo of winner takes all at the expense of the weaklings. It is anti-capitalism to help the poor and that is the core reason why they loathe Obama.

2 Likes

Re: Bassey Offiong Dies Of Coronavirus In USA After Being Refused Test by AK481(m): 3:10pm On Mar 30, 2020
why didnt the sister want to disclose the hospital that killed her brother.?
Re: Bassey Offiong Dies Of Coronavirus In USA After Being Refused Test by Legendguru: 3:15pm On Mar 30, 2020
Oh
Re: Bassey Offiong Dies Of Coronavirus In USA After Being Refused Test by yaki84: 3:18pm On Mar 30, 2020
Ijaya123:

Of course we will survive this wether they like it or not.

They are the ones stuck in 2015 and with baseless hatred in their mind.
Exactly, they r the ones trying hard to absolve the president of failing in his responsibilities.
Too bad
Re: Bassey Offiong Dies Of Coronavirus In USA After Being Refused Test by LordReed(m): 3:19pm On Mar 30, 2020
Image123:

Duh. It's better to be saved from sin than from sickness. We should be wondering why the hospital refused to save him.

Bwahahahahaha! Yeah its easier to blame the things you can see than the ones you can't.
Re: Bassey Offiong Dies Of Coronavirus In USA After Being Refused Test by Iykesonwhyte(m): 3:22pm On Mar 30, 2020
R.I.P Bro

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Face-Mask Suffocates Security Guard To Death In Abeokuta (Photo) / Coronavirus Quarantine: How People Stock Their Homes With Food, Groceries (Pics) / 47-Year-Old Accountant, Afolake Abiola Commits Suicide In Lekki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.