Stats: 3,153,807 members, 7,820,833 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:47 PM

Bassey Offiong Dies Of Coronavirus In USA After Being Refused Test - Health (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Bassey Offiong Dies Of Coronavirus In USA After Being Refused Test (82609 Views)

Laila Abubakar Ali Dies Of Coronavirus In USA / Nigerian Student Volunteers To Help Fight Coronavirus In Nanjing, China (Photo) / Coronavirus In Wuhan: ‘We Would Rather Die At Home Than Go To Quarantine’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bassey Offiong Dies Of Coronavirus In USA After Being Refused Test by LordReed(m): 12:39pm On Mar 30, 2020
Image123 why didn't your audio Jesus save this man?

RIP to the man.
Re: Bassey Offiong Dies Of Coronavirus In USA After Being Refused Test by Bratking(m): 12:40pm On Mar 30, 2020
DexterousOne:

I have to agree

The doctors are top notch
The equipments are Rock solid

But the system that links them together is shameful

Very shameful.

Only the rich and the insured can afford basic health care in America.

If you're not rich and/or insured, you're on your own.

Re: Bassey Offiong Dies Of Coronavirus In USA After Being Refused Test by vezycash(m): 12:41pm On Mar 30, 2020
GeneralShepherd:
This is criminal negligence

Naa. There are just four countries taking this virus serious. China, Japan and Singapore and Taiwan.

This isn't a "he's Nigerian" issue. Lots of white people have complained bitterly about recieving the same 'you're not in the target group' response.

It's crazy everywhere. But all that no concern me. My main concern is that this shit would be contained and we would be moving about freely if our China fearing FG had not waited for middle of last month to close border.

In fact, states had to overstep their authority to close borders first.

It's an interesting time to be alive.

Re: Bassey Offiong Dies Of Coronavirus In USA After Being Refused Test by watino: 12:42pm On Mar 30, 2020
March 23, 2020

To all medical professionals around the world:

My name is Dr. Zev Zelenko and I practice medicine in Monroe, NY. For the last 16 years, I have cared for approximately 75% of the adult population of Kiryas Joel, which is a very close knit community of approximately 35,000 people in which the infection spread rapidly and unchecked prior to the imposition of social distancing.

As of today my team has tested approximately 200 people from this community for Covid-19, and 65% of the results have been positive. If extrapolated to the entire community, that means more than 20,000 people are infected at the present time. Of this group, I estimate that there are 1500 patients who are in the high-risk category (i.e. >60, immunocompromised, comorbidities, etc).

Given the urgency of the situation, I developed the following treatment protocol in the pre-hospital setting and have seen only positive results:

1.  Any patient with shortness of breath regardless of age is treated.

2.  Any patient in the high-risk category even with just mild symptoms is treated.

3.  Young, healthy and low risk patients even with symptoms are not treated (unless their circumstances change and they fall into category 1 or 2).

My out-patient treatment regimen is as follows:

1.  Hydroxychloroquine 200mg twice a day for 5 days

2.  Azithromycin 500mg once a day for 5 days

3.  Zinc sulfate 220mg once a day for 5 days

The rationale for my treatment plan is as follows. I combined the data available from China and South Korea with the recent study published from France (sites available on request). We know that hydroxychloroquine helps Zinc enter the cell. We know that Zinc slows viral replication within the cell. Regarding the use of azithromycin, I postulate it prevents secondary bacterial infections. These three drugs are well known and usually well tolerated, hence the risk to the patient is low.

Since last Thursday, my team has treated approximately 350 patients in Kiryas Joel and another 150 patients in other areas of New York with the above regimen.

Of this group and the information provided to me by affiliated medical teams, we have had ZERO deaths, ZERO hospitalizations, and ZERO intubations. In addition, I have not heard of any negative side effects other than approximately 10% of patients with temporary nausea and diarrhea.

In sum, my urgent recommendation is to initiate treatment in the outpatient setting as soon as possible in accordance with the above. Based on my direct experience, it prevents acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS), prevents the need for hospitalization and saves lives.

With much respect,

Dr. Zev Zelenko

cc: President Donald J. Trump; Mr. Mark Meadows, Chief of Staff
Re: Bassey Offiong Dies Of Coronavirus In USA After Being Refused Test by MOnkeyBabe(f): 12:43pm On Mar 30, 2020
felai:
This is a bad time to contact the virus as an immigrant in another country.
Quite unfortunate.
May his soul rest in Peace.

You are not far from the truth.

This too shall Pass.
I just keep on pitying people that said it's only racists or white people that could get this thing. They would have to take their words back.
Re: Bassey Offiong Dies Of Coronavirus In USA After Being Refused Test by Guestlander: 12:44pm On Mar 30, 2020
Sehindemi:
This Daddy was a final year student. cry cry

RIP.

Really? What has that got to do with anything? Is there an age limit for when you can graduate?
Re: Bassey Offiong Dies Of Coronavirus In USA After Being Refused Test by vezycash(m): 12:47pm On Mar 30, 2020
SweetCunt97:
He should have taken chloroquine naw... Shey test equal to medication ni? It's obvious they only testing only their citizens.

No. I hang out on news.ycombinator.com. it's a tech forum with many US citizens.

US citizens have been complaining for weeks that they are being given the exact same cold shoulder.

To.make things worse, nurses and doctors are being given quit notices by their landlords all over USA.

Since the Obama era, US ain't what it used to be. I'm sure you might have heard that some Nigerias who get US Visa use it run into Canada.

So no both citizens and immigrants are being screwed equally. If you're rich, you'll still get special treatment.

Re: Bassey Offiong Dies Of Coronavirus In USA After Being Refused Test by lastempero: 12:50pm On Mar 30, 2020
Nooil:

It's good you added most because I know for a fact that people without health insurance in the US treat themselves at home.

But in emergency situations, insurance is compulsory in most part of europe but not when it comes to emergency.
Re: Bassey Offiong Dies Of Coronavirus In USA After Being Refused Test by Basalt(m): 12:51pm On Mar 30, 2020
ifykris22:
I told you guys dey don't treat migrants without health insurance over seas, especially in cases like this... cry cry cry

Please be specific, not all overseas.
They treat here
Re: Bassey Offiong Dies Of Coronavirus In USA After Being Refused Test by vezycash(m): 12:51pm On Mar 30, 2020
Babatunde40:
After this, i think everyone should start working out. Keeping your body in shape is a way to build your immune system

Before Chloroquine was discovered to be effective, the first advice to prevent the respiratory infection was this:

Take vitamin D + magnesium supplement.

That's all..I don't know what a thirty day workout would do for a beginner.
Re: Bassey Offiong Dies Of Coronavirus In USA After Being Refused Test by CoronaVirusPro: 12:53pm On Mar 30, 2020
Bratking:

Very shameful.

Only the rich and the insured can afford basic health care in America.

If you're not rich and/or insured, you're on your own.

Bitter truth!

Even at death, you might send your loved ones to extreme poverty line cos funeral doesn't come cheap too.

Re: Bassey Offiong Dies Of Coronavirus In USA After Being Refused Test by vezycash(m): 12:53pm On Mar 30, 2020
Ladycewhy:
I am just here thinking of what will befall illegal migrants if they get this virus embarassed

Chloroquine is easier to get there than here. The only problem is dosage. Right now, I haven't seen any recommended dosage else I'd have written it here.

Scroll to the last post on page 2 of this thread. Someone posted a screenshot of the dosage there but still Google around on your own.
Re: Bassey Offiong Dies Of Coronavirus In USA After Being Refused Test by GoodFaith: 12:54pm On Mar 30, 2020
May his soul rest in peace
distance just too close
Re: Bassey Offiong Dies Of Coronavirus In USA After Being Refused Test by sonnie10: 12:55pm On Mar 30, 2020
ifykris22:
I told you guys dey don't treat migrants without health insurance over seas, especially in cases like this... cry cry cry
This is not the case here. Every full time student is mandated to carry a health insurance. In fact you can’t register for classes without one. As you can see, he was a final engineering student in a four year college and must have had one.
Re: Bassey Offiong Dies Of Coronavirus In USA After Being Refused Test by SaintLucia: 12:55pm On Mar 30, 2020
Amalekki:

You mentioned a lot of stuff as an expert but you did not tell us the cost of this super expensive health insurance? At least tell us the cost of health insurance per paycheck or per month for these Amazon's least paid workers.
There's nothing for them and same with many firms in America. A simple analysis of how the Trump $2 trillion package will tell you how the money was shared among Americans based on their income; individuals, companies, and federal and state sectors. The money may look huge to you when u convert it to naira but it's nothing to an average American because of the huge cost of living there. Do u know that you can't hold your landlord rent in America and if you that till they evict you believed me, no landlord will lend you his house unless you clear your former debt from your former landlord because your name will appear on their black list, it's another reason why people share apartments in America. Life there is extremely expensive and hard.

Re: Bassey Offiong Dies Of Coronavirus In USA After Being Refused Test by Nobody: 12:56pm On Mar 30, 2020
felai:
This is a bad time to contact the virus as an immigrant in another country.
Quite unfortunate.
May his soul rest in Peace.

You are not far from the truth.

How many hours can it last

This too shall Pass.

Re: Bassey Offiong Dies Of Coronavirus In USA After Being Refused Test by PrinceOfDark: 12:57pm On Mar 30, 2020
CoronaVirusPro:

Bitter truth!

Even at death, you might send your loved ones to extreme poverty line cos funeral doesn't come cheap too.
Re: Bassey Offiong Dies Of Coronavirus In USA After Being Refused Test by watino: 1:03pm On Mar 30, 2020
[b]March 23, 2020

To all medical professionals around the world:

My name is Dr. Zev Zelenko and I practice medicine in Monroe, NY. For the last 16 years, I have cared for approximately 75% of the adult population of Kiryas Joel, which is a very close knit community of approximately 35,000 people in which the infection spread rapidly and unchecked prior to the imposition of social distancing.

As of today my team has tested approximately 200 people from this community for Covid-19, and 65% of the results have been positive. If extrapolated to the entire community, that means more than 20,000 people are infected at the present time. Of this group, I estimate that there are 1500 patients who are in the high-risk category (i.e. >60, immunocompromised, comorbidities, etc).

Given the urgency of the situation, I developed the following treatment protocol in the pre-hospital setting and have seen only positive results:

1.  Any patient with shortness of breath regardless of age is treated.

2.  Any patient in the high-risk category even with just mild symptoms is treated.

3.  Young, healthy and low risk patients even with symptoms are not treated (unless their circumstances change and they fall into category 1 or 2).

My out-patient treatment regimen is as follows:

1.  Hydroxychloroquine 200mg twice a day for 5 days

2.  Azithromycin 500mg once a day for 5 days

3.  Zinc sulfate 220mg once a day for 5 days

The rationale for my treatment plan is as follows. I combined the data available from China and South Korea with the recent study published from France (sites available on request). We know that hydroxychloroquine helps Zinc enter the cell. We know that Zinc slows viral replication within the cell. Regarding the use of azithromycin, I postulate it prevents secondary bacterial infections. These three drugs are well known and usually well tolerated, hence the risk to the patient is low.

Since last Thursday, my team has treated approximately 350 patients in Kiryas Joel and another 150 patients in other areas of New York with the above regimen.

Of this group and the information provided to me by affiliated medical teams, we have had ZERO deaths, ZERO hospitalizations, and ZERO intubations. In addition, I have not heard of any negative side effects other than approximately 10% of patients with temporary nausea and diarrhea.

In sum, my urgent recommendation is to initiate treatment in the outpatient setting as soon as possible in accordance with the above. Based on my direct experience, it prevents acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS), prevents the need for hospitalization and saves lives.

With much respect,

Dr. Zev Zelenko

cc: President Donald J. Trump; Mr. Mark Meadows, Chief of Staff[/b]
Re: Bassey Offiong Dies Of Coronavirus In USA After Being Refused Test by blowjohn(m): 1:08pm On Mar 30, 2020
greenhulk:

I did not make assumptions whether he was given or not. U are the one that said 'why didn't they try chloroquine Trump recommend on him? 'By the way chloroquine is not a certified cure for the virus. U might take it and survive, u might not take it and still survive, and u might take it and still die.

The survival rate is very high.
U think trump just woke up one day and mentioned hydroxychloroquine?
Dont u see his medical team around him whenever he talks?
The media just want this mans downfall.
Go to youtube or google and see hundreds of people and even doctors, one of whom wrote to trump about the efficacy of the drug.
Re: Bassey Offiong Dies Of Coronavirus In USA After Being Refused Test by Creamychic(f): 1:09pm On Mar 30, 2020
kikero:

Supportive care

IV fluids, antibiotics to.prevent bacterial superinfection and oxygen in case of breathing difficulties

I've read online that some people take Vit C, paracetamol and cough syrup or lozenges to treat the symptoms. What do you think?
Re: Bassey Offiong Dies Of Coronavirus In USA After Being Refused Test by Nobody: 1:15pm On Mar 30, 2020
Creamychic:

Doc, I've read online that some people take Vit C, paracetamol and cough syrup or lozenges to treat the symptoms. What do you think?

Still the same supportive care. It's not a cure
Re: Bassey Offiong Dies Of Coronavirus In USA After Being Refused Test by Nobody: 1:15pm On Mar 30, 2020
ifykris22:

This is why our nationals came home in droves.

Re: Bassey Offiong Dies Of Coronavirus In USA After Being Refused Test by sharpwriter(m): 1:22pm On Mar 30, 2020
MOnkeyBabe:
I just keep on pitying people that said it's only racists or white people that could get this thing. They would have to take their words back.

You live in America....please educate the people about health insurance in the United States. Do migrants and citizens get treated without insurance or not, OR how does it work?
Re: Bassey Offiong Dies Of Coronavirus In USA After Being Refused Test by Lamanii22(f): 1:28pm On Mar 30, 2020
Awwwwn somebody's future husband gone! RIP
Re: Bassey Offiong Dies Of Coronavirus In USA After Being Refused Test by Image123(m): 1:29pm On Mar 30, 2020
LordReed:
Image123 why didn't your audio Jesus save this man?

RIP to the man.

Duh. It's better to be saved from sin than from sickness. We should be wondering why the hospital refused to save him.
Re: Bassey Offiong Dies Of Coronavirus In USA After Being Refused Test by Sorrento: 1:30pm On Mar 30, 2020
SweetCunt97:
Have this feeling u a doctor and probably not in this hell hole with us wink
Olosho,u think say this one go date u and carry u go abroad? grin

Re: Bassey Offiong Dies Of Coronavirus In USA After Being Refused Test by SweetCunt97(f): 1:32pm On Mar 30, 2020
Sorrento:

Olosho,u think say this one go date u and carry u go abroad? grin
Who dey shine teeth with this bloody fooool? Pepper body, dey chook eye for people matter dem go blind your big eye one day. Ajayi
Re: Bassey Offiong Dies Of Coronavirus In USA After Being Refused Test by Amalekki: 1:33pm On Mar 30, 2020
SaintLucia:
There's nothing for them and same with many firms in America. A simple analysis of how the Trump $2 trillion package will tell you how the money was shared among Americans based on their income; individuals, companies, and federal and state sectors. The money may look huge to you when u convert it to naira but it's nothing to an average American because of the huge cost of living there. Do u know that you can't hold your landlord rent in America and if you that till they evict you believed me, no landlord will lend you his house unless you clear your former debt from your former landlord because your name will appear on their black list, it's another reason why people share apartments in America. Life there is extremely expensive and hard.
You did not answer my question: I asked for the cost of health insurance (per paycheck or per month) for an Amazon worker on $17/hr?
Re: Bassey Offiong Dies Of Coronavirus In USA After Being Refused Test by sonnie10: 1:35pm On Mar 30, 2020
SaintLucia:
The corona virus exposed the America health care system. If you earn $3,000 dollars in America is nothing considering the fact that u will have to pay for mortgage and other sensitive bill. Amazon increased the working wage of their staffs to $17 per hours because of this corona virus saga to save workers, imagine what they were paying them before. Calculate $17 ×10 hours in a day and × it to 30 days which will give u about $5000+. Remove your transportation fare, mortgage, electricity/water bill, omo nothing for you. Many of them can't afford to pay for the health insurance. The country is a pure capitalist country where the rich will continue to exploit the commoners like what Karl Marx predicted.
What type of job do you think they do at Amazon warehouses? Let’s be honest with ourselves, you don’t expect to raise a family with such job. It’s more or less of factory work. For most of them, it’s their first job out of high school. Don’t expect to live large off of it.
Mortgage and big car note is off the limit for such job. What is wrong with sharing an apartment or getting a decent used car until you get your life situated?
Although your salary analysis is off but any single person who cannot live a decent life and improve himself either through going to school or learning a trade while doing that is not serious with his life.
$3000 a month as a single individual with just high school is enough to make headway in life the US.

Re: Bassey Offiong Dies Of Coronavirus In USA After Being Refused Test by snowland(m): 1:36pm On Mar 30, 2020
Nooil:

At the US or Canada? You need to be specific so you don't mislead people
Though the guy himself generalized it by saying "overseas" but the case of the deceased in question is Michigan USA, so Yes I'm talking about the US.
And by the way, are you saying Canada does not provide care to people without health insurance?
Re: Bassey Offiong Dies Of Coronavirus In USA After Being Refused Test by Amalekki: 1:37pm On Mar 30, 2020
sonnie10:

What type of job do think they do at Amazon warehouses? Let’s be honest with ourselves, you don’t expect to raise a family with such job. It’s more or less of factory work.
Although your salary analysis is off but any single person who cannot live a decent life and improve himself either going to school or learning a trade while doing that is not serious with his life.
$3000 a month as a single individual with just high school is enough to make headway in life the US.
Thank you.
I'm just amazed at how Nigerians love to deceive each other by playing experts on what they have little or no clue about.

Re: Bassey Offiong Dies Of Coronavirus In USA After Being Refused Test by SaintLucia: 1:39pm On Mar 30, 2020
sonnie10:

What type of job do think they do at Amazon warehouses? Let’s be honest with ourselves, you don’t expect to raise a family with such job. It’s more or less of factory work.
Although your salary analysis is off but any single person who cannot live a decent life and improve himself either going to school or learning a trade while doing that is not serious with his life.
I hear you o....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Face-Mask Suffocates Security Guard To Death In Abeokuta (Photo) / 47-Year-Old Accountant, Afolake Abiola Commits Suicide In Lekki / Coronavirus Quarantine: How People Stock Their Homes With Food, Groceries (Pics)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85